Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-19-2015, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's what I would do if I would be too ashamed of my actions
honestly they were dealt a crappy hand. There wasn't anything they could do. What they could have done though, is not take us for imbeciles.

Quote:
I'm sorry this is all just hearsay, just wondering could there be any truth to it? Any thoughts? I just thought maybe it would explain why they wrote a scene even though the actress might have refused to act it.
I can see it happening. The "we're not going to have that fight with Julianna in the press" comment always felt loaded to me.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 05-20-2015, 07:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
The "we're not going to have that fight with Julianna in the press" comment always felt loaded to me.

Yes that was probably as far as they could actually go without blaming anyone. It must have been an incredibly frustrating work environment. If that were the case, and I were one of those writers I would be so angry that my best character was being forced out.

I still am frustrated with plenty that the writers have done, but if I see the show as a situation were the control of the creators has been seriously undermined, some of the more galling things that have happened somehow more sense.

I've worked in an environment where someone in power liked to throw their weight around, and had particular dislike for a lower-down colleague, and the situation was terrible for everyone. It makes you feel bad just to be around it. Not saying that was definitely the case here, I know we can't know that.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Every time she's been asked, she said everything was awesome
True never JM tho I don't think Archie would say much, however she can say things indirectly which would really be interesting to me. Like how she says "producers" on twitter, that is very telling to me.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-20-2015, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yes that was probably as far as they could actually go without blaming anyone. It must have been an incredibly frustrating work environment. If that were the case, and I were one of those writers I would be so angry that my best character was being forced out.
And they have to stay on everyone's good side. It's not easy. It doesn't excuse taking us for idiots but they worked with what they had.

Quote:
True never JM tho
well she mentioned Cheers. At least it wasn't Friends

Quote:
I don't think Archie would say much, however she can say things indirectly which would really be interesting to me.
yeah I mean it's useless to pretend everything was great now so she could talk about general things. No need to name names or go into details.

Quote:
Like how she says "producers" on twitter, that is very telling to me.
yeah in an interview too "you should ask the producers". Not the writers. Not "the Kings".

Old 05-23-2015, 12:36 PM
Total Fan

The Good Wife: Matthew Goode Exits Ahead of Season 7

No surprise really, but damn it's like everyone is running away... poor Christine and Matt.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
The Good Wife: Matthew Goode Exits Ahead of Season 7
Thanks for the heads up! I guess Downton Abbey was offering a better role, I will look forward to seeing him again in it next year.

I wonder who they'll drum up next for Alicia...
Old 05-23-2015, 02:45 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up! I guess Downton Abbey was offering a better role, I will look forward to seeing him again in it next year.
And also DA means being in the UK with his family, so it makes sense.

Quote:
Yeah, but it's not like I care anymore, so...
Old 05-23-2015, 10:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
No surprise really, but damn it's like everyone is running away... poor Christine and Matt.
You can't blame them really. Nobody becomes actor to be a paper-thin satellite revolving around a one-woman universe.

Quote:
Maybe she'll have a girlfriend next season

Old 05-26-2015, 07:27 AM
Elite Fan

Finn is gone Party It was a mistake to make him a regular from the start.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-26-2015, 01:46 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
You can't blame them really. Nobody becomes actor to be a paper-thin satellite revolving around a one-woman universe.
It's really sad what happened to the cast of this show...
Old 05-26-2015, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Right? And so disrespectful of Josh too but don't celebrate too fast, who knows how many lame love interests Alicia will get next season?

Quote:
It's really sad what happened to the cast of this show...
Well they were cast for a female-led ensemble show. Now it's a one-woman show.

Old 05-27-2015, 03:00 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
Agreed. I mean..since he joined..what did we learn about him? I didn't hate him, but I didn't like him either. I just found him boring to be honest.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Right? And so disrespectful of Josh too but don't celebrate too fast, who knows how many lame love interests Alicia will get next season?
But at least it won't be Finn I really hated the way he was introduced, I hated how boring he was. And yea if RK brings another love interesting he might have a better chance than Finn, it was just all wrong.

Quote:
I just found him boring to be honest.
Sooooo boring.

And for anyone who still thinks it was real

The Good Wife's Finale Alicia-Kalinda Scene: Archie Panjabi Responds : People.com

Honestly I want to blacklist this show

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-27-2015, 08:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
The Good Wife's Finale Alicia-Kalinda Scene: Archie Panjabi Responds : People.com
Thank you Kiki, that seems to be the final word needed: It was all a hoax. And a poorly executed one at that that. I guess you'd have to ask the producers who were privy to the decision-making if you wanted any further info.

Quote:
I knew I was going, and Kalinda is such a strong character, so I get a lot of strength from her.
I love that she said this. I also think it was the other way around too though- she gave her strength to Kalinda. I think people will look back on this show with the most respect for the actors who knew when to leave it behind. What a shame.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:59 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Well they were cast for a female-led ensemble show. Now it's a one-woman show.
It's like JM ruined her own show by whatever **** that happened offscreen

And Archie is such a class act, I wish her every success post-TGW, she deserves it