Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife Hotseat Thread #8 - Let's go back to the group session. No Smurf question. Promise

by MyzButterfly

Previous Thread

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

Is your glass half full or half empty?
About 80% empty the last time I checked
Yes, I'm sure none of you really knows because I'm hiding it so well but I'm a very pessimistic person. Shocker!

Favorite flower?
Tulips.

Worst feeling in the world?
Loneliness

Best feeling in the world?
Making someone happy

What kind of bed linen do you prefer: white / black; plain / patterned?
Patterned! I have some that you can't stare at for too long without hurting your eyes, really.

Last thing you do before you go to sleep?
The least I do before going to sleep the more chances I have to actually sleep. I don't have a routine.

First thing you thing when you wake up?
Where am I?

Old 10-06-2011, 09:10 PM
BK.
Passionate Fan

TFTNT! Oh this title I love it

Quote:
but I'm a very pessimistic person. Shocker!
Nooo way! Get out of here. I didn't even notice...

Quote:
The least I do before going to sleep the more chances I have to actually sleep. I don't have a routine.
Awww, no progress on the sleep still?

It's Halloween month! Sooo..
What's your favorite scary movie to watch on Halloween?
What's your favorite kind of candy?
What is your favorite Halloween memory?
Who are you going to dress up as this year?

“There’s a bond that will endure whatever journey we go on.” ~Josh Charles on A/W
Old 10-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT

Thanks Brooke

I don't watch scary movie, I don't enjoy them

Chocolate bar, milk chocolate! Hershey's or Milky Way.

When I dressed up as Hillary Clinton

Have not decided yet

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-07-2011, 06:43 AM
Passionate Fan

How have I never been in this thread?!?!

Is your glass half full or half empty?
Full - I hadn't realized until recently that unlike my sister and father, I do not wait for the other shoe to drop.
Favorite flower?
you have to receive flowers to have a favorite - but I definitely like white roses.
Worst feeling in the world?
Loneliness
Best feeling in the world?
Excitement - it touches everything, you can be excited out a weekend away, a new job, a new love
What kind of bed linen do you prefer: white / black; plain / patterned?
First off - love bed linen - sheets are not patterned but either white or black to match one of my red (slightly patterned) duvet covers
Last thing you do before you go to sleep?
Pray
Grab my towel

I don't watch them either but I was forced to watch People Under the Stairs when I was little and I liked that one more than Chucky, which I was also forced to watch
Jellybeans but in terms of Halloween candy, I do like candycorn.
My senior year of high school, halloween fell on a Sunday and for some random reason, we had off the following Monday. So I threw a big party, made everyone dress up (one of the guys wore the TMNT costume he wore in elementary school) and I rented a Lil Bo Peep costume - pink with white polka dots, bonnet, staff, bloomers, it was such a good night.
I need to figure out if I'm doing anything first
Old 10-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
An excellent question! We need to interrogate you!

Quote:
Nooo way! Get out of here. I didn't even notice...
I know, right? And believe it or not, I'm in check around here. I'm waaaay worse in real life

Quote:
Awww, no progress on the sleep still?
I'm starting a meditation class in a couple of weeks with a friend. Honestly not sure about this but I'm willing to try anything

Quote:
It's Halloween month! Sooo..
Oooh thread idea!

Silence of the Lambs (yes I need a plot, sue me ) or House on Haunted Hill (both the original and the remake)

Quote:
Of course not, you freak out watching commercials, you don't need scary movies to get you going

I don't really eat candy but my faves are Cinnamon candy. Anything really but my favorites are Hot Tamales, Jolly Rancher and Tic Tacs. On a cooler side, I like Ricola candy.

Quote:
Jellybeans but in terms of Halloween candy, I do like candycorn.
Ooooh I Jelly Beans! The downside is: they don't exist here. Every time I have someone I know going to the States, the UK or Canada, I get a shipment of Jelly Belly when they come back

It's not really celebrated here. They did try to import it but it was too commercial and it didn't take.
We did have some fun parties with friends back in college and one of our group has a bday on November 1st so we planned a surprise party and waited for him in his apartment that her mother gave us key to. Only it was dark, Halloween and we were all wearing scary masks.
I don't think I ever heard a high pitched girly scream like that ever, nor do I wish to
His hands shook for at least 30 mn after that Fun times

Quote:
and I rented a Lil Bo Peep costume - pink with white polka dots, bonnet, staff, bloomers, it was such a good night.
PIIIIIICS!!!

Quote:
My sister probably. Easy costume
No really, we just stay home and carve pumpkins.

Quote:
Have not decided yet
No? You better get decided fast, Sarah Palin is out but Michele Bachmann is the perfect Modern Witch combo

Quote:
Full - I hadn't realized until recently that unlike my sister and father, I do not wait for the other shoe to drop.
Oh that's great. My Dad was even worse than I am so I guess there's a generational improvement but I'm not having kids just to see how much better they'd be!

Quote:
you have to receive flowers to have a favorite - but I definitely like white roses.
My Mom just hates them. With a vengeance. It's related to a bad bad childhood memory. So now every time I buy her flowers, I have to make sure there are no white roses and they are so in right now, it's a challenge!

Old 10-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Addicted Fan

TFTNT

Quote:
Patterned! I have some that you can't stare at for too long without hurting your eyes, really.
So that's why you can't sleep!

Not sure about scary, but it's a good one for the day The Shining

I'm not much of a sweet tooth, but perhaps chocolate truffles.

Halloween it a new thing around here. But since my 14/15 yo, we used to have big parties at each others houses. That's when I started DJing!

Nah, don't think so
Old 10-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So that's why you can't sleep!
if only!

Quote:
Halloween it a new thing around here. But since my 14/15 yo, we used to have big parties at each others houses. That's when I started DJing!
oh really? Brilliant!
Is it still going strong there? It's totally dead here and not in a good way. Last year none of the stores decorated, there wasn't even a lot of parties and pumpkins were a bitch to find!

Old 10-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Is it still going strong there? It's totally dead here and not in a good way. Last year none of the stores decorated, there wasn't even a lot of parties and pumpkins were a bitch to find!
It's not that big. just one more excuse for stores to sell a couple more things.

But in the Gothic world or if you celebrate Samhain, it's here, discreet, but present.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But in the Gothic world or if you celebrate Samhain, it's here, discreet, but present.
Makes sense. Back to the root. It's just commercial here too anyway and the Christians were starting to make noise about it so since the stores weren't selling anything really, they let them pretend they won.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:37 PM
BK.
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Neither do I. Or I try not too! We had to watch Psycho in film class the other day. Of course he showed the part where he kills the chick and I was like freaking out and looked around and realized I was the only one acting scared

Quote:
Excitement - it touches everything, you can be excited out a weekend away, a new job, a new love
Aw I love this answer. Never thought of it that way before.

Quote:
Silence of the Lambs (yes I need a plot, sue me )
So how bout this is the only scary movie I can actually watch! It freaks me out big time still

Quote:
His hands shook for at least 30 mn after that Fun times
oooh that's so funny! And sounds like a pretty awesome surprise! I bet he hates the holiday now because of that

Quote:
That's when I started DJing!
Seriously? Now THAT sounds like an awesome job right there!

“There’s a bond that will endure whatever journey we go on.” ~Josh Charles on A/W
Old 10-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Of course he showed the part where he kills the chick and I was like freaking out and looked around and realized I was the only one acting scared
it's kids stuff for young ones today

Quote:
So how bout this is the only scary movie I can actually watch! It freaks me out big time still
It is freaky but it's also really good. Maybe the fact there is a plot helps

Quote:
I bet he hates the holiday now because of that
He does hate when we tease him about it every year on his bday

Old 10-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Oooh thread idea!
Please tell me it involves you Photoshopping Archie into a sexy goth witch... pleeeeeeeeeaaaaz!

Quote:
Every time I have someone I know going to the States, the UK or Canada, I get a shipment of Jelly Belly when they come back
Jelly Belly what's your fave flav?

Quote:
Where am I?
That's why you should never stay the night, darling

Quote:
P***y

Quote:
No? You better get decided fast, Sarah Palin is out but Michele Bachmann is the perfect Modern Witch combo
Oh dude, I laughed so hard at that one, I cried!
A friend of mine went to a party as SP last year and everyone thought she made an excellent Tina Fey! Fail!

Not scary. We go see the Rocky Horror Show downtown.

Cotton candy? I like Smarties but the Canadian ones, not the Rockets you guys call Smarties

So many! We wreck havoc on Halloween. Always have. Hey, it's a free for all night of scaring kids, acting like idiots and not taking **** for it! Sue me!
I remember one time we pulled a Carrie on my brother Kev as he walked into the open garage. My Mom thought he was seriously hurt (he was kinda covered in blood-like goo) and she packed him in the car and drove him to the hospital like a maniac.
Oh man, the next few days weren't that fun but it was worth it just to see his face

Not a clue. Depends on the parties we'll be hitting and if I'm going with my bros or my girl. I was thinking a Nun costume but I did it once and it's way too hot under there.

Quote:
Nah, don't think so
Not even Kalinda? Come on!
Old 10-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
P***y
Yes I am

Quote:
So do you want to seat in the hot seat?

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Makes sense. Back to the root. It's just commercial here too anyway and the Christians were starting to make noise about it so since the stores weren't selling anything really, they let them pretend they won.
Christians making noise about Halloween?! I little bit Middle Ages, no?! Wasn't aware of their power over there.

Here church "only" made noise about termination of pregnancy. it was a huge fight, but ended with a victory.

Quote:
Now THAT sounds like an awesome job right there!
It was fun! Not really a job though, mostly for pleasure.

Quote:
Not even Kalinda? Come on!
I'm trying to go less Kalinda, not more.