Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-28-2013, 09:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Kalicia RPF anyone? I`ve never written one before. This prompt though... and then the muse... and then... It didn't get out of my head...

Written for Sweetjamielee`s Plan B summer ficathon, for a prompt left by Miss Fandom herself Sweetjamielee: As a consequence of accidentally getting hooked on TGW fanfic, JM becomes an avid Kalicia shipper and demands that they make it happen in canon RIGHT NOW.

Summary: An email with nothing more than a link introduced Jules to Kalicia fanfic and she rapidly became addicted. Now she has requested a meeting. Can she convince the writers?

Show Work | Archive of Our Own
Old 07-30-2013, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

M!! Kim!!! Sooo much to catch up with!

Quote:
So, I kind of wanted to write a happy fic, and sat down for a happy prompt... Yeah... So... Mission NOT accomplished. SORRY!
what were the odds?

Quote:
As a consequence of accidentally getting hooked on TGW fanfic, JM becomes an avid Kalicia shipper and demands that they make it happen in canon RIGHT NOW.
oh if wishes made it so!

I'll read them tomorrow and be back with reviews for everyone! It's really nice to see this thread buzzing!

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 07-31-2013, 10:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
what were the odds?
LMFAO you tell me, hun, you tell me...

Maybe this time I succeeded... Would love to find out what y`all think

Title: How Deep Is Your Love
Author: Bepatientimadoc AKA justlovebt
Fandom: The Good Wife
Pairing: Alicia/Kalinda
Word Count: ~3500
Disclaimer: I don`t own any of the characters nor the songs… Just borrowing, hope that`s ok.
Musical inspiration: Saturday Night Fever songs: How Deep Is Your Love and If I Can’t Have You.
Genre: Romance
Prompt by Piadu: Kalinda/Alicia Disco Dancing
Summary: `Alicia?` ` Yes?` ` Nothing…`

or

How Deep Is Your Love, a good wife fanfic | FanFiction

Last edited by justlovebt; 07-31-2013 at 10:34 AM
Old 07-31-2013, 10:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
That's a very sweet story and it made a secret dream from me come true: Alicia and Kalinda dancing (*sigh*) . Thank you!

Quote:
I'll read them tomorrow and be back with reviews for everyone! It's really nice to see this thread buzzing
Oh, that's really sweet of you, Fluff! Thank you for your interest, especially because Alicia and Kalinda are not very highly regarded by you these days .
Old 07-31-2013, 10:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
That's a very sweet story and it made a secret dream from me come true: Alicia and Kalinda dancing (*sigh*) . Thank you!
You`re very welcome Thank you so much for reading I never had imagined them dancing before the prompt LOL but it was very nice to write, although I realized there is more `story` than actual `dancing` Hoe do I always do that LOL

Quote:
Oh, that's really sweet of you, Fluff! Thank you for your interest, especially because Alicia and Kalinda are not very highly regarded by you these days
It`s true, it`s true
Old 07-31-2013, 12:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Actually I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this. I worked on another one of your prompts, justlovetb: "4 times Alicia didn't see Kalinda's devotion and 1 time she did." But since this was a canon prompt (and I don't like to write canon these days) I didn't write something but created a clip. Sorry, sorry! I hope you'll get your story soon and please don't feel pushed to watch it - but it inspired me and your theme is hidden in the clip.

The story of the A/K relationship is classic and as old as mankind which is why I chose a music that is modern, yet sounds centuries old (Loreena McKennitt's "Tango to Evora"). It's also the reason why I kept this clip as simple as possible. Unfortunately, the simplicity and length of the video (8 mins.) makes it the most boring clip I have ever done. I'm sorry for that and for alienating your prompt.

They don't do it in canon but in my head Alicia and Kalinda are dancing - it's not a happy dance, but with moments of happiness and they will hopefully continue their dance until the end of the show (hope dies last).

"Tango to Kalicia"

Last edited by Gelfling; 08-01-2013 at 12:45 PM Reason: Edited to embed the video ;)
Old 07-31-2013, 01:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

My dear Kim...

How can you ever think ANYONE (much less me but honestly ANYONE) could be disappointed by this? It is so beautiful! Please all watch watch watch! EPIC

"Tango to Kalicia" - Alicia & Kalinda (The Good Wife) - YouTube
Old 07-31-2013, 03:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you, justlovebt! I'm sooo relieved you liked it !
Old 07-31-2013, 03:44 PM
Addicted Fan

Damn Kim! Your video is just pure perfection! With all the heart and soul their friendship deserve!
Thank you so very much for this piece of art!
Old 08-01-2013, 12:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Femina (View Post)
Damn Kim! Your video is just pure perfection! With all the heart and soul their friendship deserve!
Thank you so very much for this piece of art!
I`m still mesmerized!
Old 08-01-2013, 03:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi! So... I`m still slightly (ahum ahum) stunned by the amazingness (I know, is that even a word!?) of TeamSharma`s videoresponse to my little prompt. This doesn`t even come close to repaying you, my friend, but I hope it`s a start and you`ll enjoy anyway!

Title: Love is patient, love is kind.
Author: justlovebt AKA bepatientimadoc
Fandom: The Good Wife
Pairing: Alicia/Kalinda
Word Count: ~2800
Disclaimer: I don`t own any of the characters of the lovely show `The Good Wife`.
Genre: Romance, self revelation
Prompt: Alicia is at church with the family, listening to a sermon about the first Corinthians letter
Religion: I would call myself spiritual rather than religious. I do, however, have a lot of respect for those who DO believe. I did not write this fic with any intention other than entertain. I hope I have not insulted anyone, please ask away and comment! Suggestions are more than welcome!

OR

Love is patient, love is kind, a good wife fanfic | FanFiction
Old 08-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Aaaaaaand I've had that song in my head all day, thanks

Quote:
Alicia and Kalinda dancing (*sigh*)
I don't know what it is about dancing but

Quote:
especially because Alicia and Kalinda are not very highly regarded by you these days .
On the show but I have great memories and I'm thankful for all you fic writers who keep it going in an alternate universe

Quote:
Actually I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this. I worked on another one of your prompts, justlovetb: "4 times Alicia didn't see Kalinda's devotion and 1 time she did." But since this was a canon prompt (and I don't like to write canon these days) I didn't write something but created a clip.
That works fine! We do have a fanvid thread somewhere but it's dusty from not being used much

Awww it's awesome! Beautiful beautiful job. And now you make me miss it again. I'm going to have to whip out the S1 dvd!

Now onto the rest of fic and then ficathon catchup

Old 08-02-2013, 06:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Awww it's awesome! Beautiful beautiful job. And now you make me miss it again. I'm going to have to whip out the S1 dvd!
Thank you, Fluff! That's a nice side effect .
Old 08-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thank you, Fluff! That's a nice side effect .
and I'm writing again so I need inspiration and you girls are my source!

Old 08-03-2013, 04:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
and I'm writing again so I need inspiration and you girls are my source!

Sending inspiration waves your way

Oh and I`m sorry about the song, being stuck in your head and all... I guess that's the payback for making me never look the same way at fortunecookies again

Hugs