Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-24-2016, 06:03 AM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 7.20 - Episode Discussion Thread - Party (04/23/16)

Episode 7.20 - Party

WRITTEN BY: Leonard Dick
DIRECTED BY: Rosemary Rodriguez
AIRDATE: 04/23/2016

Alicia’s night goes from bad to worse when she throws a party to celebrate Howard and Jackie’s upcoming wedding. Also, Eli asks Jason to investigate Peter in preparation for his tria

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-24-2016, 07:40 AM
Supreme Fan

Cheers!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:59 PM
New Fan

Nice touch of irony, winding down the series by delivering funeral sprays to the party. Nice to see the flow of familiar faces show up for the occasion. Strong episode with the Zach story-line. I have this sinking feeling Alicia is going to stay with Peter. It boils down to what message the writers want to send about the institution of marriage. "It's his mistake, let him make it." And the good-byes start with end of the party. Nice segue.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

This was a very strong episode. Even Peter's trial suddenly started to seem very interesting as they concretely told what it is about.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Substance (View Post)
This was a very strong episode. Even Peter's trial suddenly started to seem very interesting as they concretely told what it is about.
Seriously! It was the first episode I enjoyed. Probably because of the kids being back. I love them. I am a weak soul for family time

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-26-2016, 01:58 AM
Supreme Fan

Lol, now I feel weird. For me...while the episode wasn't bad, I kinda missed something. Don't know what, but it just felt like a filler episode tbh. It was nice seeing the family complete, but I disliked the Zach storyline and everything just felt weird for me At this point I am not sure Alicia is really going through with the divorce and I highly doubt she will give up her firm to ride across the country with Jason. The deed to Mars thingie was funny though and I liked the Diane parts. Oh, and am I the only one, or does it look like they are having the idea of a Marissa centric spin-off? I'd be down with that, I love her!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:17 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hey, guys! It´s been a while !!!

I loved this episode! I really enjoyed the moments with the family. The scene between Zach, Peter and Alicia in the bedrrom, Veronica and Owen,... The goodbyes,....

I have read you are in the Low post counting warning list. So If this board close... It was nice to chat with you all back time ago I will be on the ER board.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I have this sinking feeling Alicia is going to stay with Peter. It boils down to what message the writers want to send about the institution of marriage.
Nah. They only want people to be "shocked" that she leaves him after all. It's the poor "twist" setup mentality.

Quote:
I have read you are in the Low post counting warning list. So If this board close... It was nice to chat with you all back time ago I will be on the ER board.
we had a 48h warning back in March when I was away for a couple of weeks. Hopefully, with a little work, we'll manage to stay open until the show's finale. And then we'll always have the tv board

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 04-26-2016, 01:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Zach always bothers me. In early seasons they were portraying him as micro-Peter, but later he becomes better, yet now he is stupid again.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Zach always bothers me. In early seasons they were portraying him as micro-Peter, but later he becomes better, yet now he is stupid again.
Story of the Florrick Children They are whatever they need to be for Alicia to look like a good mom or a terrible mom, depending.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:08 PM
Extreme Fan

I like Grace this season, I hated her "religious stuff".
Old 04-26-2016, 01:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I like Grace this season, I hated her "religious
stuff".
Yeah that was just poorly written. She's grown up a bit, that's good.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Nah. They only want people to be "shocked" that she leaves him after all. It's the poor "twist" setup mentality.
I agree they are trying to shock but I think RK is trying to shock people because she will stay with him even when she has Jason there instead. I could be wrong but idk, either way I don't care

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-27-2016, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I could be wrong but idk, either way I don't care
I wonder who isn't past caring. the critics maybe. That's who they've been writing for anyway.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I wonder who isn't past caring. the critics maybe. That's who they've been writing for anyway.
Hell honestly not even the critics care anymore. Probably RK and his ego.

--- Alicia Florrick