Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-19-2016, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 7.17 - Episode Discussion Thread - Shoot (03/20/16)

Episode 7.17 - Shoot

WRITTEN BY: Stephanie SenGupta
DIRECTED BY: Fred Toye
AIRDATE: 03/20/2016

Diane, Cary and Lucca defend the grieving father of a shooting victim (Blair Underwood) in a defamation suit over a billboard he put up describing a gun store owner as a murderer. Also, a romantic rendezvous between Alicia and Jason is interrupted when Alicia learns that Grace is being accused of plagiarizing her college entrance essay

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-20-2016, 01:27 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks Kiki!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:01 PM
New Fan

Excellent episode. Has anyone ever noticed how Jason and Diane's husband from earlier seasons are kind of similar in external personality traits: quiet low-key types, kind of gravelly and gruff.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

For this much arch, it was a surprisingly filler episode.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Excellent episode. Has anyone ever noticed how Jason and Diane's husband from earlier seasons are kind of similar in external personality traits: quiet low-key types, kind of gravelly and gruff.
well the Kings haven't had the best record when it comes to creating recurring characters since... oh say season 2 when other writers were doing the writing. So ofc they are going to recycle anything that worked.

I would say it's probably also very typical of the idea of masculinity an older white man would come up with. Kurt was awesome because Gary Cole played with the stereotype, and most importantly Christine did a perfect job appearing smitten but resistant to the macho type.

Now don't get me wrong, JDM is hot as hell. They had actually mentioned him back after season 1 when they were casting Blake () and that would have changed season 2 imo. But the problem here is that the character is one-dimensional because it's just an impression of a much more layered character. And Alicia is not Diane. Nope.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-22-2016, 02:52 AM
Supreme Fan

Great episode, which focused on the law for a change. Those are always the best. Loved Grace's storyline and I'm kind of curious as to what Alicia is going to decide in the end (regarding team Cary, or team Diane). I didn't like the fact Jason was seeing someone else, but hey, Alicia had a point...she's married, so yeah.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:13 AM
Elite Fan

I thought the case was very interesting and I loved Abernathy

I am just hearing mourning the Alicia that would never welcome a scandal because she loves her kids, she is actively hoping for it at the end of this episode that's like rock bottom.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-22-2016, 08:00 AM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, it's like Alicia changed WAY too much in like a few episodes. Just because one meltdown she had with Lucca earlier in the season.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I am just hearing mourning the Alicia that would never welcome a scandal because she loves her kids, she is actively hoping for it at the end of this episode that's like rock bottom.
Bah that's just the Kings scrambling for an ending now. Characters and their motivations? Who cares?

Old 03-28-2016, 10:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Bah that's just the Kings scrambling for an ending now. Characters and their motivations? Who cares?
Yea exactly doesn't even feel real. I have no idea who that woman is.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-26-2016, 05:56 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm surprised this episode only has few comments. Finale caused a lot of outrage on twitter and other sites.
I wonder how long Lucca was out and did she catch them or nah?
Old 04-27-2016, 07:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Finale caused a lot of outrage on twitter and other sites.
What hasn't outraged twitter lately? Outrage is what twitter does best. Besides some of the worst spelling I've seen in 140 characters