Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-30-2015, 07:08 AM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 7.09 - Episode Discussion Thread - Discovery (11/29/2015)

Episode 7.09 - Discovery

WRITTEN BY: Joey Scavuzzo and Aaron Slavick
DIRECTED BY: Rosemary Rodriguez
AIRDATE: 11/29/2015

Alicia and Lucca join forces with Louis Canning (Michael J. Fox) to defend a website against an accusation of racial profiling. Also, Eli and Ruth worry about the nature of Alicia’s relationship with Jason and how it could impact Peter’s presidential campaign,

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-30-2015, 11:48 AM
Supreme Fan

Couldn't find this episode Don't think it has aired.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

The show is just so completely out of steam at this point that it pains me to know that we still have 13 episodes left. I feel like the plot is not even written by an actual person at this point, but a computer program that just models the main plot around that of previous seasons.

They are not even trying to come up with other ways for Alicia to be a "bad wife" than through her relationships outside of marriage whether it is Will, that dude from season 5-6, her campaign manager from season 6 and now this investigator guy. Eli's scenes in this episode were an utter waste of time. I know they were supposed to be serious and of great danger to Peter's campaign, but how can I take it seriously as a viewer when I have seen it happen over and over again?

The case itself was good and interesting. Just... Why do they have to keep facing Diane and Cary in court in almost every single episode?
Old 11-30-2015, 03:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Couldn't find this episode Don't think it has aired.
It definitely aired, Ingmar. I could find it online but it was late.

Quote:
I feel like the plot is not even written by an actual person at this point, but a computer program that just models the main plot around that of previous seasons.
Well the Kings are not writing episodes anymore because they have moved on to their latest atrocity but I can see RK tell the writers room to "just pick out plot points from previous seasons and fill in the blanks", which is really what they are doing at this point, no point denying it.

Quote:
Eli's scenes in this episode were an utter waste of time. I know they were supposed to be serious and of great danger to Peter's campaign, but how can I take it seriously as a viewer when I have seen it happen over and over again?
They are just going through the motions. They think it's "new" because Eli is the enemy now but it's the same thing over and over. And also, AC is bestie with JM so I guess she doesn't mind him getting his own show within the show

Quote:
The case itself was good and interesting. Just... Why do they have to keep facing Diane and Cary in court in almost every single episode?
Because if they didn't, they'd be paying Matt and Christine for nothing?

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 11-30-2015, 07:33 PM
Loyal Fan

I disagree some of the reviews and comments online that this season is underwhelming. Some of them are nitpicking and quibble. Last season,people dislike SA campaign storyline and wanna case-of-the-week. then in season 7,they come up with interesting cases, and they complain other things .
I think this season's cases are refreshing.which basically are from what happened in real life.

Kings should do a bunch of spin-offs for every supporting and guest character that nobody would complain.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:55 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
It definitely aired, Ingmar. I could find it online but it was late.

Well the Kings are not writing episodes anymore because they have moved on to their latest atrocity but I can see RK tell the writers room to "just pick out plot points from previous seasons and fill in the blanks", which is really what they are doing at this point, no point denying it.

They are just going through the motions. They think it's "new" because Eli is the enemy now but it's the same thing over and over. And also, AC is bestie with JM so I guess she doesn't mind him getting his own show within the show

Because if they didn't, they'd be paying Matt and Christine for nothing?
Ah, now I found it! There was no recap on TVLine, couldn't fink a download link yesterday, so I was under the assumption it hadn't aired
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Kings should do a bunch of spin-offs for every supporting and guest character that nobody would complain.
you think that's why people are unhappy?
Hey you're entitled to liking the season, no problem here. That doesn't mean everyone has to agree though or that those who don't are just bitter fangirls or something
People have different standards, I guess.

Quote:
Ah, now I found it! There was no recap on TVLine, couldn't fink a download link yesterday, so I was under the assumption it hadn't aired
never trust second hand sources, Ingmar

What did you think?

Old 12-01-2015, 06:48 PM
Elite Fan

If this wasn't the last season of TGW, I would be ok with this mediocracy and not dealing with any of the characters. But since they are running out of time, I am really bitter at the complete waste of time. I am so angry

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 12-02-2015, 08:08 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:

never trust second hand sources, Ingmar

What did you think?
Ha, I also couldn't find a place to download it (where I usually find it), so it was odd.

Saw the episode yesterday night. It was actually pretty good, although I'm really over Eli's little office inside joke. Does anyone know why TGW uses Chumhum for everything? Are they not allowed to name Apple, or whatever? Or is it just an inside joke? I'm not bothered by it, but now there's even a Chummy maps? Lol. Case of the week was pretty good. I must say...this season tops last season by a long shot for me. Now just more interaction between the main characters!

Oh, can I say it was obvious Cary would be attracted to Lucca? They are so going to do it. This makes Cary's may be bi arc earlier in the season even more stranger than it already was.

I'm intrigued by Jason actually!
Old 12-02-2015, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
If this wasn't the last season of TGW, I would be ok with this mediocracy and not dealing with any of the characters. But since they are running out of time, I am really bitter at the complete waste of time. I am so angry
Instead of giving closure to the main characters, they waste time on L&O CotW and new people who make JM look good.

Quote:
Ha, I also couldn't find a place to download it (where I usually find it), so it was odd.
Next time, shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up

Quote:
Does anyone know why TGW uses Chumhum for everything? Are they not allowed to name Apple, or whatever? Or is it just an inside joke? I'm not bothered by it, but now there's even a Chummy maps?
They think they are clever?
I doubt they couldn't name Apple since they've been plugging their products like crazy for years (Ipod, Ipad etc). It just serves as a ubiquitous Hi-Tech company like Google or Facebook.

Quote:
Oh, can I say it was obvious Cary would be attracted to Lucca? They are so going to do it
Well she's the New Half Kalinda and they don't know what to do with Cary so...

Quote:
This makes Cary's may be bi arc earlier in the season even more stranger than it already was.
I've filed it under "How to Get Away With Murder envy" from RK. We know he's got a jealous streak. (See Will"s death for "Game of Thrones envy" or his new show for "The Walking Dead envy")
He's still scratching his head about how to incorporate Empire into TGW though

Quote:
I'm intrigued by Jason actually!
You're supposed to. He's the other New Half Kalinda
Anybody finding odd that Alicia is spending her time and hot for the other New Half Kalinda?

Speaking of TWD and Jason, don't get too attached because he's already booked on TWD so my guess is either TGW's end is official or JDM is going to scale back his appearances on TGW this season already

Last edited by Gelfling; 12-02-2015 at 01:25 PM
Old 01-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Instead of giving closure to the main characters, they waste time on L&O CotW and new people who make JM look good.
Right?!! What the **** give closure, deeply explore dynamic. WHY IS THIS SO HARD?

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-06-2016, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Right?!! What the **** give closure, deeply explore dynamic. WHY IS THIS SO HARD?
I'm starting to wonder if it's not simply because JM is trying to keep the show going and so they are once again unsure whether to close or keep the plotlines going

Old 01-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm starting to wonder if it's not simply because JM is trying to keep the show going and so they are once again unsure whether to close or keep the plotlines going
I am just out of reason out of understand why they do certain things.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-08-2016, 08:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I am just out of reason out of understand why they do certain things.
... which usually means we're not getting the whole story