Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-15-2015, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 7.07 - Episode Discussion Thread - Driven (11/15/2015)

Episode 7.07 - Driven

WRITTEN BY: Tyler Bensinger
DIRECTED BY: David Dworetzky
AIRDATE: 11/15/2015

Alicia and Lucca join a case involving an automotive executive represented by Lockhart, Agos & Lee, and an employee represented by Louis Canning, who was involved in a crippling accident while test-driving a car operating in “driverless” mode. Also, when Ruth and Eli pursue Courtney Boalt (Vanessa Williams), a potential campaign contributor, Peter moves back in with Alicia to present a united family image

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-15-2015, 05:43 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Kicks

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 11-15-2015, 11:14 PM
New Fan

One of the more interesting episodes of the season, and a love interest for Eli! I'll just leave it with these gems:

"It's always sexy not to care."

"Bad things happen or they don't. There's just too much craziness in the world."

Old 11-16-2015, 12:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternityroad (View Post)
One of the more interesting episodes of the season, and a love interest for Eli!
Well thank you for spoiling it, because there was nothing in this episode that implied that these two were getting together later in the season...
Old 11-16-2015, 01:17 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Well thank you for spoiling it, because there was nothing in this episode that implied that these two were getting together later in the season..
Sorry, but I was only conjecturing based on the feeling I got during one of their last scenes together. I really don't know if they are getting together or not, though the preview of next week's episode seemed to cast a gaze in that direction. Again, I apologize. I wasn't trying to be a spoiler.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:16 PM
Supreme Fan

Good episode...yet it feels so much different compared to the previous seasons. Not just this episode, but the season in general. It's great...and one of my favorites, but it feels different. It's not just Kalinda, but Alicia barely communicating with Cary/Diane at this point. At least this episode showed them in the same room again. Hope that continues. Also liked the case of the week.

Peter and Alicia? No. Just no. Dump him, girl!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sorry, but I was only conjecturing based on the feeling I got during one of their last scenes together. I really don't know if they are getting together or not, though the preview of next week's episode seemed to cast a gaze in that direction. Again, I apologize. I wasn't trying to be a spoiler.
I think it felt kinda obvious but it could be because the show has been following predictable lines.

Quote:
It's not just Kalinda, but Alicia barely communicating with Cary/Diane at this point.
It's like JM isolated herself completely and finally got the show she wanted
It'd be fine if Cary and Diane had their own stuff to do but

Quote:
Peter and Alicia? No. Just no. Dump him, girl!
Kiki is going to be mad at you

Old 11-16-2015, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)

Kiki is going to be mad at you
Obviously I don't feel this way, but honestly at this point I don't mind if she were to dump him at this point at least it would get SOMETHING ANYTHING moving in this ****ing show.

This episode was alright mostly. Diane and Cary still don't mean **** to them. Jason is their new super star.

I hate Robert King so much. The End

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-17-2015, 07:27 PM
New Fan

Good episode.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:32 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
Obviously I don't feel this way, but honestly at this point I don't mind if she were to dump him at this point at least it would get SOMETHING ANYTHING moving in this ****ing show.
I know how you feel. I used to cheer for them. Now I just don't care. They still are great on the screen together, but their plot sucks
Old 11-18-2015, 04:39 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)

It's like JM isolated herself completely and finally got the show she wanted
It'd be fine if Cary and Diane had their own stuff to do but

It's just not an ensemble show anymore imo. Sure, we still have other characters than Alicia, but it's mostly Eli and Peter at this point. The diversity is gone and that was one of the strongest things about TGW.

Not to say I don't like the show anymore, cause I do, but even I have to admit the show has changed. That said...I always try to stay positive, so here's to me hoping that Diane and Cary get more to do!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
This episode was alright mostly. Diane and Cary still don't mean **** to them. Jason is their new super star.
In S2 it was Blake. then it was Nick... at least Jason is likable? Still it feels like RK has issues with female characters and prefers focusing on male characters. What's the male for Mary Sue?

Quote:
It's been years of backward and forward, you would think that in the last season at least they would decide and go one way or another but apparently that's too hard.

And we know it's not that they really worry about alienating the fans so....

Quote:
That said...I always try to stay positive, so here's to me hoping that Diane and Cary get more to do!

Maybe someone should tell JM that she probably won't get nominated for an Emmy so she has nothing to fear anymore. CB has shown she could score nominations with really meager material so it won't change anything if we see her a little.

Old 11-19-2015, 02:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
at least Jason is likable?
Yea cause he flirts with literally everyone

Quote:
It's been years of backward and forward, you would think that in the last season at least they would decide and go one way or another but apparently that's too hard.
Or even scarier, this isn't the last season and UGH

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-22-2015, 07:13 AM
New Fan

Quote:
It's just not an ensemble show anymore imo. Sure, we still have other characters than Alicia, but it's mostly Eli and Peter at this point.
Bring back more of the quirky type characters as portrayed by Carrie Preston and Martha Plimpton. I am getting a bit tired of the Canning character. They could have expanded the use of the Nathan Lane character, IMHO. I like that the series morphs and changes but this season, despite a glowing episode or two, just seems MEH. It has final season stamped all over it.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yea cause he flirts with literally everyone
And he's not a raging homophobic arrogant a-hole like Nick or Blake but I get your point

Quote:
Or even scarier, this isn't the last season and UGH
Nah

Quote:
Bring back more of the quirky type characters as portrayed by Carrie Preston and Martha Plimpton.
I think they'd like to but the two actresses have been busy and now are busy again in their own shows.

Quote:
I am getting a bit tired of the Canning character.
Yeah lucky for us, the MJF show got axed very fast and he's all free

Quote:
They could have expanded the use of the Nathan Lane character, IMHO.
I think he was fine with a limited engagement because he's always doing a lot of different projects on stage but I agree it would have been interesting bringing him back.