Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-01-2015, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 7.05 - Episode Discussion Thread - Payback (11/01/2015)

Episode 7.05 - Payback

WRITTEN BY: Stephanie SenGupta
DIRECTED BY: Craig Zisk
AIRDATE: 11/01/2015

Jason employs aggressive investigative tactics when he assists Alicia and Lucca with a student loan case. Also, Howard Lyman alleges ageism at Lockhart, Agos & Lee, pointing to Cary as the primary offender, and Eli stirs up Florrick family drama on Peter’s presidential campaign

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-01-2015, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Kicks

Hey, one episode *not* written by "The Kings"

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 11-01-2015, 09:45 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks Kiki!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:04 PM
Elite Fan

What a complete waste of time.......

I guess tomorrow I might have more to say.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-03-2015, 05:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

I don't remember the investigator's name so I am just gonna call him Mankalinda. His investigation scenes don't differ in any significant way of how they used to write for Kalinda. That being said they were the most interesting part of an otherwise trivial episode.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

Eh. It's not that it was a bad episode, it's just that I don't care about anything that's going on.

They're still giving new characters too much screen time. As much as I enjoy both Lucca and JDM's character, it's obvious they're Kalinda split into two parts: the investigator and the female best friend.

It's sad to see what Cary and Diane have been downgraded to. At least they were on screen for more than a few seconds this time.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortyseven (View Post)
Eh. It's not that it was a bad episode, it's just that I don't care about anything that's going on.
I get this. Like I think this is my issue with all 5 episodes. Like they been good they just haven't really lead me to care. Why would I care about Howard Lyman or about Sparky and his need to beat ppl up? The people I care about they won't write for. And after 6 years I don't want to love new character, I want to focus on the ones I already love.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Supreme Fan

The episode was pretty good, but I just can't stand Howard. He's not funny imo, he's just super annoying. They could have done so much more with Diane and Cary this season. Sometimes I wish I could be a writer on the show. Don't feel like ranting, but...damn, do they deserve better.

Now down to the good...liked the case of the week and I loved seeing Marissa again, I missed her. Hope she returns more often. Also enjoying Luca. JDM is still a nice addition, but it still feels so Kalinda 2.0..with a little slap aswell. She cared so much about Kalinda being mysterious, but she is okay with JDM being mysterious...
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't remember the investigator's name so I am just gonna call him Mankalinda.
I like it

Quote:
His investigation scenes don't differ in any significant way of how they used to write for Kalinda.
Minus the flirting with both sexes. Now *that* I would watch!

Quote:
They're still giving new characters too much screen time. As much as I enjoy both Lucca and JDM's character, it's obvious they're Kalinda split into two parts: the investigator and the female best friend.
We're missing the Archie part! AND the Lana part

Quote:
It's sad to see what Cary and Diane have been downgraded to. At least they were on screen for more than a few seconds this time.
so sad

Quote:
And after 6 years I don't want to love new character, I want to focus on the ones I already love.
last season of the show, can we get the same show instead of a fake backdoor spinoff?

Quote:
The episode was pretty good, but I just can't stand Howard. He's not funny imo, he's just super annoying.
That's how bad it is! Even our resident Optimist is annoyed

Quote:
I loved seeing Marissa again, I missed her.
she's probably the character I love the most post S2. Although she was created in S2 so I guess never mind

Old 11-04-2015, 03:25 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)

That's how bad it is! Even our resident Optimist is annoyed

Honestly Howard is the only thing this season I just can't stand (I do miss Kalinda and I hope to see more screentime for Cary and Diane, but it doesn't make me like the show any less). I never liked him, but now they made his Rome even bigger...ugh. They should have killed him instead of Will. That's how much I hate him.

That said..I always respected the Kings, but after their whole Kalinda/Alicia approach they have lost that respect. Doesn't help that they promised us answers regarding Lana...while we still haven't heard a word. It really doesn't help. So yeah, I still enjoy the show, just disliking the creators, aswell as the mystery around JM and Archie in general.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I always respected the Kings, but after their whole Kalinda/Alicia approach they have lost that respect.
I have zero respect for the Kings after the way they behaved.

Quote:
Honestly Howard is the only thing this season I just can't stand
He makes me so angry for many reason, but number one his screentime can be used for a good plot for Diane or Cary, but nooooo god I hate RK so much.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-06-2015, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I actually could relate to the case a bit because I also had a problem with scammers. Thankfully, I didn't pay up. I do think it was extreme that Alicia sued the college
Old 11-08-2015, 04:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
They should have killed him instead of Will. That's how much I hate him.
Well Josh is the one who wanted to leave but I get it.

Quote:
Doesn't help that they promised us answers regarding Lana...while we still haven't heard a word. It really doesn't help.
Not holding my breath on that. They've never been upfront with us and they only ever use Lana for ratings and PR so I don't see her back without Kalinda.

Quote:
I have zero respect for the Kings after the way they behaved.
Respect goes both ways and they've never respected us.

Quote:
Well I actually could relate to the case a bit because I also had a problem with scammers.
It's crazy, right? It's everywhere!

Old 11-09-2015, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember the first time I was scared that they were going to arrest me as they threatened
Old 11-16-2015, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I remember the first time I was scared that they were going to arrest me as they threatened
One of those, eh?
I even had friends who had the same scam pulled on them in Lisbon... in real life but they didn't buy it.