Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-17-2015, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 7.03 - Episode Discussion Thread - Cooked (10/18/2015)

Episode 7.03 - Cooked

WRITTEN BY: Luke Schelhaas
DIRECTED BY: Michael Zinberg
AIRDATE: 10/18/2015

Alicia and Lucca work together on a complicated court case involving a designer drug dealer. Also, Eli encourages Alicia and Veronica (Stockard Channing) to participate in a mother/daughter cooking show to help Peter’s campaign, with disastrous results

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-18-2015, 11:20 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:00 PM
New Fan

Best episode of the new season, thus far, IMHO. I liked the main story. The twists and turns. The cooking show fiasco was brilliant. The Jackie romance...out of left field...she's back. BTW a great blue outfit on Diane in the early part of the episode.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:04 PM
Supreme Fan

Loved it aswell. I wonder if Eli is going to betray Alicia for his own gain, but I hope not. I did enjoy the twists though. I do wonder if Alicia and Diane are ever going to be friends again...it seems like they can never be allies longer than a few episodes. Ofcourse Howard is the one who causes this fight. They should just write him out...nobody cares for him. They are pushing Diane and Cary away for him...hope that changes. Other than that the episode was great. I wonder how that judge storyline will develop.

Oh, the Jackie/Howard romance came out of nowhere. Again...I do not care.

It was nice to see Victoria again and I am really loving Grace this season!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I do wonder if Alicia and Diane are ever going to be friends again...i
Considering Alicia's track record on friendship and the way she's treated her friends, maybe it's just as well they aren't

Quote:
Ofcourse Howard is the one who causes this fight. They should just write him out...nobody cares for him.
Not that they take care of characters people like but that's who he's supposed to be: the antagonist. That's why he's here... and to score with Grandma apparently but let's not even...

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-19-2015, 04:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

I remember what I said last episode about Howard, but I really enjoyed him in this episode. The cases are really starting to be some of the best ever on the show and I also liked how it was tied to the arching plot in the end.

However... It's hard to watch the show because Alicia used to be my favorite character in this show, but all this PR bull**** has made me resent her and JM. It's not like they need to explain, I wish they were just better than this.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

There is nothing "wrong" per say with Cooked, is a decent episode. That does nothing for the show going forward basically IMO.

-Veronica was wasted, for 180 seconds in the episode. What was the point of that

-Grace is awesome but sadly now Grace has become part of the professional not that personal anymore, which hurts the personal plot for Alicia which is nonexistent.

- The Alicia and Diane was pure bull**** thats all I can say.

-I don't give a **** about Lyman

Shrug

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-20-2015, 03:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
However... It's hard to watch the show because Alicia used to be my favorite character in this show, but all this PR bull**** has made me resent her and JM
I hear you. And it makes you question everything about the show, you know? the lack of Diane and Cary, the omni-presence of Eli... etc

Quote:
-Veronica was wasted, for 180 seconds in the episode. What was the point of that
Just to have Stockard's name in the PR I guess

Quote:
-Grace is awesome but sadly now Grace has become part of the professional not that personal anymore, which hurts the personal plot for Alicia which is nonexistent.
I don't really get the logic behind isolating your lead character so completely that she seems to have no emotion and no inner life

Quote:
-I don't give a **** about Lyman
Well at least he won't go and win an Emmy if JM is not even nominated

Old 10-20-2015, 07:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternityroad (View Post)
Best episode of the new season, thus far, IMHO. I liked the main story. The twists and turns. The cooking show fiasco was brilliant. The Jackie romance...out of left field...she's back. BTW a great blue outfit on Diane in the early part of the episode.
Yeah,this ep. is great.I know a lot of people dislike Howard.But he's very hilarious. haha
I was a littled shocked Eli is the one that tipped off the judge.
They leave cliffhangers in the ending scenes two episodes in a row.I'm curious what Eli is plotting and how all of these impact Peter's campaign.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Can someone explain to me how Eli knew about the bribe? Did they show Alicia telling the judge? What did I miss?
Old 10-21-2015, 04:46 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Can someone explain to me how Eli knew about the bribe? Did they show Alicia telling the judge? What did I miss?
If memory serves Alicia tips off Eli about the wonkiness with her case before she realizes it’s a full-fledged FBI sting.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots Electric (View Post)
Alicia tells Eli (which omggg why???) about the bribe.

Quote:
Well at least he won't go and win an Emmy if JM is not even nominated
Lucky him

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-22-2015, 04:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Alicia tells Eli (which omggg why???) about the bribe.
Because they're best buddies... or because she's rooting for HRC and wants to derail Peter's campaign?