Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-11-2015, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 7.02 - Episode Discussion Thread - Innocents (10/11/2015)

Episode 7.02 - Innocents

WRITTEN BY: Craig Turk
DIRECTED BY: Jim McKay
AIRDATE: 10/11/2015

Alicia argues a complex museum vandalism case that involves photographs a mother took of her son, and considers enlisting the help of investigator Jason Crouse (Jeffrey Dean Morgan). Also, Cary must deal with partner Howard Lyman’s inappropriate conduct towards the younger associates at the offices of Lockhart, Agos & Lee,

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-11-2015, 10:13 PM
New Fan

I like the new PI and sensed a bit of chemistry between him and Alicia. I like Grace's moxie in negotiating a wage. Her character is developing quite well. BTW would like an update on Zach. Not yet a mention this season. At least I didn't catch it, if they did. The Eli story line..progressing quite nicely. I must give the writers credit....they seem to have bounced back well from loosing two of their viewers' favorite characters.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:45 PM
Elite Fan

wow it's buzzing in here

Quote:
I like the new PI and sensed a bit of chemistry between him and Alicia
Well it's not chemistry when it's written and hammered. It's just plot. And since JM is turning TGW into Murphy's Law, it's only logical she'd get an affair with the PI. A MALE PI ofc

Quote:
Her character is developing quite well.
Isn't she leaving soon?

Quote:
they seem to have bounced back well from loosing two of their viewers' favorite characters.
They lost two of their fans favorite characters. The viewers obviously don't care who's on the show or what's going on since the (imaginary Nielsen) numbers haven't budged either last season or now.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-13-2015, 01:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

This episode was actually a pretty good one! I always hated Howard Lymon. Now he is gone. Hallelujah.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

I actually really enjoyed this episode, which odd But Ironically I don't have much to say

- Eli and Margo banter is pretty great and bring Nora into it all makes it even better

- Grace negotiating a salary gave me sooo much life!! I was like YAY Gracie go!

-Is actually really nice to see Alicia including Grace in the case stuff.

- Cary and Lyman, I can't stand Lyman wished he disappeared already. But glad Cary got something to do.

-Diane is just there, screw you writers.

-Lucca still super cute and I can see why she isn't in the "friend" column yet.

-Sparky was alright, we shall see what happens. He is trying to hard, but whatever.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-13-2015, 12:50 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
wow it's buzzing in here

Well it's not chemistry when it's written and hammered. It's just plot. And since JM is turning TGW into Murphy's Law, it's only logical she'd get an affair with the PI. A MALE PI ofc

Isn't she leaving soon?

They lost two of their fans favorite characters. The viewers obviously don't care who's on the show or what's going on since the (imaginary Nielsen) numbers haven't budged either last season or now.
I think she is in even more episodes than usual, but that she is no longer a regular. Weird combo, but ok

That said..I havent seen the episode yet, because of the trip, so I will give my recap later on
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I always hated Howard Lymon. Now he is gone. Hallelujah.
Awww I liked him. Well, I wouldn't be friends with him but he made a funnier foil than ****ing Canning

Quote:
I actually really enjoyed this episode, which odd But Ironically I don't have much to say
You want to talk about another show you're watching that inspires you more? We'll take all the posts we can these days :lol

Quote:
-Diane is just there, screw you writers.
I don't get it. I really don't

Quote:
I think she is in even more episodes than usual, but that she is no longer a regular. Weird combo, but ok
Maybe they have her in the first episodes as much as possible because they know she won't be available later? or maybe it was just a salary thing like Chris Noth.

Quote:
That said..I havent seen the episode yet, because of the trip, so I will give my recap later on
when I saw you there, you got me worried for a minute (should have checked the OT thread before )

Old 10-15-2015, 06:24 PM
New Fan

Hey guys! Long time no see

Anyway, I'm really liking the direction of this season, i wouldn't mind it being the last one, they are good at writing again.

I loved the A/L interaction. In fact i think Cush Jumbo was the best casting they did in years.I love her character.

I didn't see any Kalinda shade in Amanda, i mean, Alicia hired based on her look but in the end, she was just a lousy investigator.Looks can be deceiving.

I was never a believe of that Alicia/Kalinda-gate lol

Anyway i don't know how i feel about Jason.I find him very manipulative but a great investigator.

On the political sides of things:

Eli is owning this season. He is brilliant i really would love if he gets an Emmy nod or the award, maybe.

Can't wait to next week. I'm love with TGW again.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I didn't see any Kalinda shade in Amanda, i mean, Alicia hired based on her look but in the end, she was just a lousy investigator.Looks can be deceiving.
I didn't think it was meant as a slight to Kalinda and Archie but they really should be careful with the meta stuff when the context is that hostile.

Quote:
I was never a believe of that Alicia/Kalinda-gate lol
well there's not much we know and everything we do know speaks pretty loudly. Not much to believe or not.

Quote:
Eli is owning this season. He is brilliant i really would love if he gets an Emmy nod or the award, maybe.
They should have kept him in the guest category. He'd have had a chance for sure. In the supporting though... tough competition in bigger shows with bigger names.

Old 10-17-2015, 11:30 AM
Supreme Fan

Was able to watch the episode here in the hotel, which is kinda great, because now I can actually watch the next episode aswell.

We loved the episode. After a slightly weaker season 6 I feel like they are improving again. More law again (case was enjoyable - the mother was completely creepy though) and I like the new additions.

I never cared for Howard Lyman, so I really hope he will be gone for real. What an ass.

Personally I didn't really saw the whole Amanda storyline as a bash to Kalinda, or Archie. Alicia hired her, because she reminded her of Kalinda...but fired her, because she sucked like hell. Had nothing to do with Kalinda.

Jason seems interesting. Love the chemistry with Alicia, even though it may be forced on us. Best part:I want him (by Grace)
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Personally I didn't really saw the whole Amanda storyline as a bash to Kalinda, or Archie. Alicia hired her, because she reminded her of Kalinda...but fired her, because she sucked like hell. Had nothing to do with Kalinda.
With the hostile context and all the BS that went on, they should have known better than to attempt some meta plot though, imo