Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-11-2015, 01:09 PM
New Fan

TY for the Blog recommend. It included comments from TV critic Daniel Feinberg and this one nails it, whether or not we know the particulars of the so-called AP/JM "feud":

Quote:
You have allowed a petty conflict between your leading lady and your Emmy-winning co-star to dictate the way you’ve told stories for a year and a half.

And that’s on you. You can either play peacemaker, or you could have killed Kalinda off a year and a half ago. Or instead of peacemaker, you could have sat these two actresses down and said, ‘Excuse me, you’re freaking professionals, I’m writing scenes for you because that is what this show requires. Sit down, act, be professionals. I don’t care if you hang out after the show, this show needs your two characters to be interacting.’ Or you can do what they did, which is pretend that it isn’t happening, pretend that it isn’t happening, and then pretend we’re supposed to care after they did that.

I think they sacrificed drama for petty bickering between two stars who really should be grown-ups. And apparently they’re not. I don’t know a darn thing about what happened between them, but I do know that lots of people in lots of different jobs hate each other and don’t like spending time together. But sometimes you have to because that’s what the money’s for. It’s your job.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
The PR damage is worse than ever. No one is fooled and no one is silent.

I guess I was ok with Kalinda saying she was sorry for the mess up, but those words from Archie’s lips was the latest knife in her back. She was not the perpetrator of the mess, but the recipient .

Archie’s free now, and that’s relief. She’s been nothing but gracious. Much success coming to her, I expect.

Adieu Kalinda. You’re an icon. You’ll be sorely missed, but remembered for a long time. I’ll watch Archie in anything.

Adieu TGW. That Kalinda-sized hole will be crushing to your heart. I’ll do my humbly small part for the fall in ratings.
I couldn't agree more! This is so ridiculous, I don't know if I should cry or laugh or just throw up. I loved this show so dearly but there's nothing left for me. Adieu, good-bye, auf Wiedersehen.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:18 PM
Total Fan

OMG what was that?

I never expected to say this, but I don't know if there's anything left for me in the show after this boring and hollow finale. Kalinda is out, Will is out, JM basically films everything on her own and I don't care about Alicia anymore. The final A/K scene was so fake and insulting that I have no words. So Alicia will partner up with Canning? Peter will run for VP? (LOL) - who cares?
I wonder if JM is ever going to realise she ruined such a great great show and the Kings allowed her.

I'm really really sad
Old 05-11-2015, 02:04 PM
New Fan

I am sad about it all, also. Just a bunch of childish stuff from grown-ups! BUT it is not enough to make me take the show off my list. The show still has a fresh look. It has Christine Baranski, Matt Czuchry, Alan Cumming. I am not about to cave on the show just because of the backstage drama from adults/writers/whoever else who should be more grown-up about things.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:12 PM
Total Fan

I don't think I can stop watching either, not really. But when I think how much I loved the show and how I feel about it now...
Old 05-11-2015, 02:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

The show has never been at a worse state than it is now which is really weird considering that I said the exact opposite about the first 4 episodes of this season. After that it started plummeting fast. Episodes 5 and 6 made a complete mess of Elsbeth Tascioni's character. Alicia withered slowly into a completely hideous character. Cary and Diane are the only characters this season who I think have remained interesting and received good scenes.

The writers need to work miracles if they want to retain the audience.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:56 PM
New Fan

Quote:
The show has never been at a worse state than it is now which is really weird considering that I said the exact opposite about the first 4 episodes of this season.
Would it be fair to say the show has officially Jumped The Shark? It is tough to keep successful shows fresh. That they did so with such programs as CSI and Law And Order SVU is something of a miracle. That TGW has made a go of it this far with the change-ups is laudatory. The old Law And Order original had a long run of it by remaining, on the whole, plot-driven rather than getting to deeply into the personal lives of the attny's/detectives. I don't recall anything about Jack McCoy's personal life. The old Perry Mason series from back in the day never, as I recall, went into the characters lives. Did Della Street have an affair with Perry? lol! I don't think the viewers cared. They did good legal/courtroom episodes. I am not saying TGW should not be character driven. Just saying that a greater focus on cases MAY be in order at this point in time. Personally I would like to see them bring back the Martha Plimpton character. Plimpton is such a fine comedic actress. Too bad about Elizabeth Tascioni. I enjoyed her character, also. I wouldn't mind seeing small runs of fine performers in future episodes. Like they did with David Hyde-Pierce and Nathan Lane.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:14 AM
Supreme Fan

I wouldn't say they jumped the shark..to me personally anyway. I also wouldn't say that Law and Order or CSI know how to keep things fresh , but that's just me again. I still love TGW and I think it's still the best drama on network TV right now. People may or may not agree, but I am thankful I still feel that way. Ofcourse there are some choices that the Kings made, that I disagree with...but at the same time they make choices I didn't expect them to make and I mostly ended up liking them. I do admit that I kind of hope next season will be the series last. Go out with a bang and on a high note.

Sure, Elsbeth's episode was kinda weird this year, but there were a lot of funny moments in it too. They can always ''fix'' the character and make sure that it's not happening again in the future. I do agree that I would love to see Martha Plimpton again, but I doubt that will happen.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:43 PM
New Fan

Fake or not i really enjoyed the A/K bar scene. I really don't know what people expected? A hot Lana-sque romantic scene?!?

I don't think that Canning storyline will play for very long. Just chill people. I do not think this was the worst season of TGW (Season 4 holds that title). I like where they going. I still believe in a Diane and Alicia firm.

I'm sad that Finn is leaving.

I missed the "I don't have friends" line

Old 05-31-2015, 01:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Must be Alicia and Zach had a talk. He seems to be back in the family fold. He was all for Peter's run for President. Even though he is shooting for VP instead. Hilary's VP? Was a nice little talk Alicia had with Peter about the family decision to run. Grace also had some questions. But he might run anyway. I wondered if the Democratic head that told Alicia to drop the States Attorneys Office, had anything to do with Peter running? Maybe to get back at her, or appease Peter?

I was surprised of the "Lock up Joshua Rickter" story line. With all the problems being reported in the news about the Police. First I thought that like Matan tried to cover up it was drug dealers that took him. Then with just lucky enough on that empty street that a Police Cruiser pulled into that parking spot. Then thought maybe he was going to go undercover for PD. But Judge Suzanne Morris didn't let Matan Brody pull the wool over her eyes. The Dr. Finn trick worked. Surprised, but it was fun. But Matan was messing with them so they paid him back.

Finn Polmar wanted to be Alicia's partner then later changed his mind when he knew something between them would make it difficult to work together. And he is trying to make it work with his ex. But now an upset Louis Canning wants her for a partner. I am surprised if she says yes. Not sure why he didn't stay with David Lee? But after all the moving around of the law offices it didn't change much really.

Felt bad like Diane did for firing Simone Rachibush(sp?)-Canning as Paralegal, but David Lee and Cary were worried. Ofcourse Louis was upset. He will break them up. It will be interesting to see. Diane did look worried, Cary wasn't sure and David Lee confident.

Lemond Bishops lawyer Charles Lester trying to find Kalinda was annoying and interesting. But Kalinda's 2 visits to him and he told her to disappear and maybe be a partner was interesting also. He is worried about Bishop or Dexter.Nice how Kalinda helped him with his phone and told about the info. on the flash drive. After Alicia burned the note and this, he wanted demure to come back.

Eli should not have pushed Alicia's ghost writer Joel Kinsley-Weaver to make it more family friendly on her biography. He should have known better.

I didn't really notice the Kalinda and Alicia scene at the bar being staged. I thought it nice and didn't think of it as more.

So is Dean gone? Is Robyn coming back? Is Julius Caine still closing up the NY office? Bring back Hayden too.

Last edited by webruce; 05-31-2015 at 02:04 PM Reason: Added thought
Old 06-01-2015, 09:51 PM
Loyal Fan

I still enjoy the show.the show is always about Alicia Florrick.That's the creators keep saying.The lack of AK scenes draw people's attention.But the overall qualiti is way better than other network TV show.People leave,people come,that's life.I'm looking forward to season 7.Maybe there's new blood coming in,new dynamics is on the horizon I'm optimistic
Old 06-28-2015, 08:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternityroad (View Post)
OK, Now I feel stupid here. I don't follow what goes on behind the scenes on shows and I don't often closely read the forums, soooo it seems there is bad blood between AP and JM. Could someone fill me in? Jealousy? Fans liked Kalinda better than Alicia? It seems petty and unprofessional, though? So it must be something else. Pardon my naivete.
You're not alone. I did not know any of this until I read about the output of Archie. I agree with all who think they should not have let the thing go that far. But perhaps they pamper the protagonist and gave what gave. Perhaps this is another one of the reasons why Josh left the show. Nobody wants to work in a bad environment, coupled with the fact of wanting new challenges and receive financially viable proposals.

"In my opinion" TGW had everything to be more than it is. The staff are not using all the resources they can to make the most attractive show. This fight between the actresses is another example, they let that harm the plot.

But despite all their problems, I want to see how they will finish the story. Knowing that their ability to submissions is questionable.

Kalinda was an interesting character but never actually knew more about the events that shaped his personality, ditto for the other characters. And they can not live of disputes between partners forever. So, I want to know how everything will be.

For me the romance between Finn and Alicia is the more certain, unless the actor also want to leave. And the proposed of Canning is precisely for this alleged affair happen. I until thought that the character died because of nothing his wife decides to work in the office.

Hopefully next season, they improve that odious way of play the information without making coherent connections.

But speaking on episodes, guys, we will have a survivor game of season 6?
Old 06-29-2015, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The lack of AK scenes draw people's attention.But the overall qualiti is way better than other network TV show.People leave,people come,that's life.
I can honestly disagree about the fact the show is better than other network shows. Perhaps it was the case in S1 before they got too big for their britches but I think network has improved and there are better shows there.
Besides that, the problem is not that Archie left or the "lack of AK scenes", it's the fact that someone like JM would use her position to get another actor in the doghouse, probably hoping she'd quit, and that the producers' arms were twisted to make it happen. Not only is it wrong on so many levels, humanly, but it also impacted the show for the worse over the years until everything was tainted from it.

Quote:
But perhaps they pamper the protagonist and gave what gave.
Protagonist, and producer. So yeah we all know who the underdog was in that fight

Quote:
Perhaps this is another one of the reasons why Josh left the show. Nobody wants to work in a bad environment, coupled with the fact of wanting new challenges and receive financially viable proposals.
I don't know if it contributed to Josh leaving directly, because the freeze out was going on since at least season 3 but then he decided to leave in season 4. He only reupped for 15 episodes because he was asked to give them a chance to wrap things up

One thing is for certain: after the finale aired, he made a point of tweeting about how he had loved to work with Archie.

Quote:
"In my opinion" TGW had everything to be more than it is.
definitely. They have kept slowing down and falling back onto the same clichés over and over and most of the cast has been wasted for a number of seasons.
[/I]
Quote:
Kalinda was an interesting character but never actually knew more about the events that shaped his personality
The problem with that is that the Kings are more interested in twists than in exploring characters. They didn't believe they could surprise anyone with anything they could come up with about Kalinda's past so they just gave us the "surprise husband" storyline and then gave up when that (shocker!) failed

Quote:
, ditto for the other characters.
Exactly! By some miracle we got to meet Cary's father for half a second because he was useful to the plot but that's all we ever got on him. And I'm not even talking about Diane, whose political aspirations only ever remained a vague background point, not to mention her family life or anything before the point where we met her in the pilot.

Quote:
And they can not live of disputes between partners forever. So, I want to know how everything will be.
so basically, you're just curious to see if they ever come up with something else?

Quote:
For me the romance between Finn and Alicia is the more certain, unless the actor also want to leave.
I'm sorry to spoil your fun, literally but he's also leaving. It was announced sometimes last month. So that's not a given either but I'm sure Alicia will have another boy-toy before October.

Quote:
But speaking on episodes, guys, we will have a survivor game of season 6?
I think we could but I'm worried it will end up being the lesser of evil game

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 06-29-2015, 08:30 PM
New Fan

Quote:
... the problem is not that Archie left or the "lack of AK scenes", it's the fact that someone like JM would use her position to get another actor in the doghouse, probably hoping she'd quit, and that the producers' arms were twisted to make it happen. Not only is it wrong on so many levels, humanly, but it also impacted the show for the worse over the years until everything was tainted from it.

I actually find this part the cruelest, that Archie was obviously afforded no option to truncate the term of her contract (she couldn't quit without breaching her contract and risking suit, reputation, future work), instead forced to fulfill the entire 6 year term even though the lead/producer didn't want her there and made it her mission to exclude her, i.e. entire episodes played with all guest cast, Paley 2015, more.

At this point, I'm believing that this cruelty was meted out by JM and her exec cronies at CBS, over the Kings' heads. I think the Kings' were (and are) out of their depth to manage their temperamental, egotistical, powerful star and I bet two things. They're not having much fun anymore, and they're grieving the loss of probably the most universally loved, iconic character they will ever create. (Of course, the end product "Kalinda" was the magical collaboration of the Kings' initial genius concept and Archie's genius as she breathed life and mystery into her.) As wonderful as the Kalinda character was, imagine how much more she could have and should have been. Ahhh, the potential, unrealized, for no noble reason. So sad.

I noticed the episode after Kalinda said "goodbye", had a series low rating. Karma, JM? Have you played Russian roulette with your franchise$$? I won't be watching season 7 episodes, but I may check out the ratings, just to see if the universe will mete out poetic justice for poor behavior.

Last edited by thekalindashow; 06-30-2015 at 04:23 AM
Old 06-30-2015, 06:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
At this point, I'm believing that this cruelty was meted out by JM and her exec cronies at CBS, over the Kings' heads. I think the Kings' were (and are) out of their depth to manage their temperamental, egotistical, powerful star and I bet two things. They're not having much fun anymore, and they're grieving the loss of probably the most universally loved, iconic character they will ever create. (Of course, the end product "Kalinda" was the magical collaboration of the Kings' initial genius concept and Archie's genius as she breathed life and mystery into her.) As wonderful as the Kalinda character was, imagine how much more she could have and should have been. Ahhh, the potential, unrealized, for no noble reason. So sad.
I want to 'like' this part