Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-02-2015, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 6.21 - Episode Discussion Thread - Don't Fail (05/03/2015)

Episode 6.21 - Don't Fail

WRITTEN BY: Robert and Michelle King
DIRECTED BY: Nelson McCormick
AIRDATE: 05/02/2015

When a former client (Dorian Missick) calls Alicia after being charged with murder tied to a case from 2009, Alicia reviews the old case, prompting memories of her early days as a lawyer

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-03-2015, 11:08 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the thread
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

Sounds like a flashback episode or something?

thanks for the thread Kicks

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 05-03-2015, 10:07 PM
New Fan

This episode..a bit MEH. And here we go again with another firm! Nice to see "flashbacks". BTW W/R the preview of the season finale next week: I think we all know who is behind the door...unless they go super-natural and produce the ghost of Will!
Old 05-03-2015, 11:40 PM
New Fan

Show of hands please. How many of you would drag a heavy door, with metal hinges still attached across your expensive hardwood floors (so you can scratch the hell out of them?) Come on!
Old 05-04-2015, 10:11 AM
New Fan

I really liked this episode. The flashbacks had a sentimental tone. And I'm kind of excited about her new strategy as a lawyer, if there is one yet. MG might do her good too.

But

@thekalindashow, my hands are up!
Old 05-04-2015, 11:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

I don't think this episode was that great or bad. The flashbacks were used to give us something that doesn't exist in the show anymore and I rather take it in present time.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

I found this all so dull. The theatrics with the door seemed forced. The flashbacks were a hollow experience. And I sensed foreshadowing of more Grace next season... no Kalinda, and more Grace...

I have no objection to the new law firm idea, in theory, but a return to the apartment-law firm is going to be hard to make new and interesting.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The theatrics with the door seemed forced.
There is a knock knock joke in there somewhere but I'm honestly struggling to find the funny in the whole thing at this point.

Quote:
And here we go again with another firm!
It's a recurring theme for every season ending no?

And they were worried that killing Kalinda would feel repetitive

Quote:
The flashbacks were used to give us something that doesn't exist in the show anymore and I rather take it in present time.
I agree. It feels like holding on to something that isn't there anymore.

One episode with no Kalinda at all and it all feels empty and pointless already. After Will, now Kalinda, and Alicia might as well be floating in space.

I think they might well be running out of ideas to give us "what we want" without giving it to us, you know?

oh I got one

*knock* *knock*
Who's there?
Boo.
Boo who?
Boo Who cares?

Don't cry folks, it's just the pathetic end of a once great show

Last edited by Gelfling; 05-04-2015 at 06:15 PM
Old 05-05-2015, 06:13 AM
Elite Fan

There was a few things I really enjoyed about the episode. But really the disrespectful from the writers to us, just takes the joy out of this.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-05-2015, 07:31 AM
Supreme Fan

Overall, I enjoyed the episode, but the bar scene between Alicia and Kalinda was flat out insulting. At least Alicia seemed happy to think about Kalinda this time, but a little bit too late...

That said..the case itself was nice. But very little Diane and/or Kalinda didn't help the episode. I did enjoy the Cary/Alicia scene, in which they were talking about Kalinda.

What was in the note Kalinda left at Alicia's home last week? I want to know.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:40 PM
New Fan

I liked the episode. Everything is coming in full circle to an end, i don't think i'm prepared, but i think, it's time. The A/K scenes besides being so fake, held something emotional about the characters, i liked them. Sad that ratings are going decimals now.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Overall, I enjoyed the episode, but the bar scene between Alicia and Kalinda was flat out insulting.
I don't know if they thought it would work or maybe they were being facetious because we counted but yeah it'll really stay in tv history as a show that had the most fun being offensive to its fans.

Quote:
Sad that ratings are going decimals now.
Not that CBS ever cared, even when they stopped getting nominated for awards

Quote:
What was in the note Kalinda left at Alicia's home last week? I want to know.
"I'm pregnant with Zach's child"?

Old 05-06-2015, 04:29 AM
New Fan

I didn't like most of this episode. Really hope that next and finale season be better.

Why a lawyer and wife of the governor uses a door as a desk? She even throw away a desk wh was already in Zach's room. That didn't make sense at all.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Why a lawyer and wife of the governor uses a door as a desk? She even throw away a desk wh was already in Zach's room. That didn't make sense at all.
of all the BS in this episode I don't know why everyone is obsessed with that door