Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-11-2015, 05:26 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 6.19 - Episode Discussion Thread - Winning Ugly (04/12/2015)

Episode 6.19 - Winning Ugly

WRITTEN BY: Erica Shelton Kodish
DIRECTED BY: Rosemary Rodriguez
AIRDATE: 04/12/2015

When potential voter fraud is discovered in the State’s Attorney election, Eli and Alicia take steps to stop a recount by enlisting the help of a well-respected civil rights lawyer, Spencer Randolph (Ron Rifkin). Also, Diane learns she unwittingly submitted false evidence in Cary’s case

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-11-2015, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

Rosemary Rodriguez

thanks Kicks

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 04-12-2015, 01:05 AM
Supreme Fan

Looking forward to the episode Too bad we have to wait two weeks after the episode.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:08 PM
New Fan

What next?

So many ups and downs in this episode that I'm still a little shocked . All of our beloved characters ended in bad places .

The plot about Kalinda living the show because of Bishop is taking more and more shape . The question is whether she will die , disappear or whatever . And what will be the company's reputation after that?

It seems that Alicia will not become a SA after all. After almost an entire season dedicated to the campaign .Hoping that Peter has one of those brilliant political ideas and save the day for both.

I felt sorry for Grace , she must be a confused girl and I wonder what Zach thinks of it. Maybe it's time for a family reunion.

The good part is to see the couple interact more . I think it's finally getting the time they will take to themselves that they belong together.

And yes, I 've always been a shipper of them.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wouldn't it be easier for Kalinda to go to Bishop, since she knows he wants to get out of the business and wants to make a deal with the SA office? Alicia is not going to be able to help him now.

Kalinda has developed some kind of relationship with Bishop, surely she can warn him that the SA is coming after Diane, and the best thing for everyone, especially him, is to make a deal directly with Geneva.

I feel everyone is just reacting right now and not thinking.

Maybe the next episode Kalinda will go to Alicia first, only for her to tell her she's not going to be SA.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

This is a tv show, but watching the episode made me think, wait, has this happened to some candidate in real life? Even the civil rights lawyer defending Alicia was corrupt to the boot. Then again the way they showed how the machines were not properly registering votes would have possibly put the election on a halt already during the election day. Is this plot line believable?
Old 04-13-2015, 06:46 AM
Elite Fan

Now that was the best episode of the season. Excellent, and this SA plot finally taking a turn to the right direction. Now let's see if Alicia gets her head back in the game, maybe a piece of humble pie

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-13-2015, 08:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

It looks like they are trying to make Alicia look like an innocent victim, much like in the beginning of the series. Maybe this will be another tuning point for her - time to just sit down and think what she wants to do next? If she'll have any options after the viting scandal, that is.

Good episode, one of the best in this season, but as always kudos to Christine Baranski - Diane shines in every scene (apart from that terrible abortion talk)

Not sure what to think of Kalinda's story - it's getting better, I wasn't feeling her being the babysitter. I want her to find a smart way out of this mess - not perfect, bittersweet, but smart. Why wasn't her laptop password protected... There's no way that someone as smart and private as Kalinda would leave her computer like that.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Once again they are talking about Lemond Bishop murdering people. But this is the same Lemond Bishop who wants to turn over a new leaf for Dylan's sake. Does he actually believe murdering people will make him a better father?

I'm actually pissed that the writers think we are dumb. Yeah, right, I fear for Kalinda's if she testifies. They're squeezing the drama out of this and I no longer buy into any of it.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I feel everyone is just reacting right now and not thinking.
Hey it's a drama about women, not smart women

Case in point:

Quote:
Why wasn't her laptop password protected... There's no way that someone as smart and private as Kalinda would leave her computer like that.
heh, right? She knows enough about computers to hack into phones and to use tracers but she never heard of basic lockdown security?

Quote:
Now that was the best episode of the season. Excellent, and this SA plot finally taking a turn to the right direction. Now let's see if Alicia gets her head back in the game, maybe a piece of humble pie
And your change of heart has nothing to do with two characters hugging, right?

Quote:
They're squeezing the drama out of this and I no longer buy into any of it.
I guess it becomes a problem when they are trying to play on it that hard for PR and we already know they won't do it because if they did, they would go for the shocker like they did with Will.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 04-13-2015, 07:04 PM
New Fan

Even before the party started, I could smell disaster in the air.I knew it. I sensed it even as I finished dressing for that blasted party. - Bette Davis as Margo (All About Eve)

Now let me fix it for you:

Even before the election plot started, I could smell disaster in the air.I knew it. I sensed it even as I finished watching that blasted episode.

The best episode of the season. Loved the twist. Now he's being The Good Husband
Old 04-14-2015, 12:47 AM
Loyal Fan

This is the darkest ep. since TGW debut.
What a roller coater! Life does suck. I admire Eli's expression. priceless!
Poor Alicia, backstabbing hurts so much. I'm looking forward to the next ep. Everything are back to the beginning.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:39 AM
Supreme Fan

Loved the episode. Nice twists that I didn't see coming! It was nice to see Saul from Brother & Sisters Ron Rifkin was great.

I am really wondering how Kalinda will exit the show. I was pretty sure Alicia, as SA, would help her in the end, but that won't happen now. So now what? Bishop will kill her anyway? Witness protection? I loved Diane's quote that they were right back at the beginning again. So true. There was character development, but in the end...they are right at the start again. Now what? Alicia becomes a lawyer again? Don't think they will trust her there again...

Eli and Marissa are great tbh. I hope Sarah Steele gets a series regular spot next season. I don't want her to dissapear now that Alicia is out of politics.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
And your change of heart has nothing to do with two characters hugging, right?
That wast just icing on the cake I feel we finally can get away from this god forsaken campaign

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-14-2015, 11:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
I am really wondering how Kalinda will exit the show. I was pretty sure Alicia, as SA, would help her in the end, but that won't happen now. So now what? Bishop will kill her anyway? Witness protection?
I think the ending will be more calm than most people expect. With the info we have right now, I'd say it would be logical for Bishop to end up making a deal with Geneva Pine. Bishop wants to retire and have a normal life with Dylan. He was hoping that Alicia can help him stay out of jail, but it's clear now that she won't be able to.

Kalinda will probably try to talk Bishop into making a deal with Geneva, because it won't do him any good if one of them (Diane, Kalinda or Cary) testify against him. Oh he could kill them, but is that the road he wants to keep going down? And how would it help Dylan if he ends up do many years of jail time?

So logically, at this point, the whole Bishop/Geneva/Diane situation could be resolved that way.

As for how Kalinda will exit. Once the above is resolved, it's obvious that Kalinda's action put Diane's career/life and the firm in jeopardy, so maybe she'll resign. But just quitting without anything else waiting for her would seem like a lame and boring ending. So maybe she'll leave town and have a cool job waiting for her somewhere (cue L). The last part is wishful thinking on my part.