Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-04-2015, 11:25 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 6.18 - Episode Discussion Thread - Loser’s Edit (04/05/2015)

Episode 6.18 - Loser’s Edit

WRITTEN BY: Luke Schelhass
DIRECTED BY: Brooke Kennedy
AIRDATE: 04/05/2015

Still reeling from the cyber-hack at her law firm, Alicia is ambushed with questions about her leaked emails during a television interview. Meanwhile, Diane takes on a case that pits her sympathies towards gay marriage against the rights of religious freedom.

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Christine Baranski and Oliver Platt. Two brilliant actors. Enough said…

Is this voter fraud thing just to scare us? It would be stupid if after all this Alicia loses the SA. I was also counting on her to save Kalinda somehow.

Finn/Kalinda - an intriguing dynamic. I know some people here don't like him , but I find their scenes refreshing, and even kind of touching at a time like this, that he's willing to help her and be her secret guardian angel, sort of.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:59 PM
New Fan

Fine job of dealing with gay issues, staying timely, bringing up important questions. Diane: "The law is supposed to be fair, not impersonal." Also, regarding political correctness: "I like people who stand by their beliefs."

And the story of Kalinda's departure seems to be taking shape.

All seems to be unraveling. I can't wait to see how it is handled.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

The way things are shaping up for Kalinda, Andrew Wiley is more scary than Lemond Bishop. But then I've always felt that way about Wiley. Every time he shows up, it's trouble for Kalinda. He seems to be the only person who can out-smart Kalinda. Even when he said "I like you Kalinda", it didn't feel very comforting.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgocam (View Post)
But then I've always felt that way about Wiley. Every time he shows up, it's trouble for Kalinda. He seems to be the only person who can out-smart Kalinda.:
That's how I feel too.

Hard to say much about the episode as it seems to be more of a transitional episode. I do like how the plot is going. Diane's scenes were the best part of the episode and I feel it has been this way for a while now. The main political plot has not been the beef of the show for the entire season.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:19 AM
Supreme Fan

Good episode. Kalinda's exit is certainly getting shape and I can't wait to see where it goes. I don't think this will be all that's to it. It would be too predictable.

Loved Alicia's story line aswell and that ending was unexpected. Mainly because we've already been there once with Peter...and how was that even solved?
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

I thought Chris Noth was excellent in this episode, a welcome addition.

I hate this Kalinda in trouble storyline, wish I could fast forward to the end. I do sort of like Finn for helping her.

Diane was wonderful, I liked all her scenes. I liked the nephew touch too.

There is something weird to me about how they are now looking back on the whole Will thing, like some sordid detail from Alicia's past. She just seems so jaded- telling Peter 'love' doesn't mean anything to her anymore. I feel like they are finally getting Alicia and Peter in an honest place, but I'm still baffled when they try to pair her with her 'new' men.

A bit bored by the rigged votes. I think Alicia has a taste for power now. One way or another, she's become very much the politician.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:06 PM
Elite Fan

I pretty much agree with everything the reviewer in the AV Club said.
The LGBT v. religion thing was kinda landing cheap shots and not saying anything new. And of course, one bi character on the show (she's leaving soon, remember her? she's been doing nothing but back up for the final jump for months) and we don't even get a point of view. Meh.

That being said, I don't see how a lawyer could say that the law is not "personal"
How could it not be personal when it decides the daily lives of millions?
I guess it's not any stupider than a wedding planner who doesn't believe in marriage

Quote:
Is this voter fraud thing just to scare us?
I think it's called plot recycling

Quote:
It would be stupid if after all this Alicia loses the SA. I was also counting on her to save Kalinda somehow.
Ugh, please no!

Quote:
Also, regarding political correctness: "I like people who stand by their beliefs."
Was it about political correctness though?

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 04-08-2015, 04:12 AM
Supreme Fan

I understood both of them when they were talking about the ''law not being personal'', etc. But at the end I still believe that every case is unique and that personal feelings are ALWAYS involved. For example:

- A woman kills her friend because she slept with her husband

- An 18 year old boy who killed his father to protect his mum, even though she wasn't in true danger at the time.

- A 35 year old man who kills his doctor, because he wouldn't provide for his wife.

All of these scenario's include a murder....but all of them had something to do with emotion. Emotions are always involved. The 3 cases look alike, but they would receive different kind of punishments. I understand that and I even agree with it, but I could also see why some people would argue that it's only fair to give them all the same sentence, because they all killed someone.

The whole gay marriage discussion was interesting aswell, even though, like Carla already said...it didn't say something new really.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:01 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy1984 (View Post)
I thought Chris Noth was excellent in this episode, a welcome addition.

I feel like they are finally getting Alicia and Peter in an honest place
I like the way things are going. Because Chris Noth in the scene its always a gift for the show.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:23 AM
Elite Fan

The best thing about this episode was that Alicia and Peter scene, 18 episodes too later? or 6 season to late? I have no idea. But god I needed that. Just stop yelling and fighting for no reason, just talk like adults.

That case was interesting, I am sort of surprised how lucky they got with that storyline.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-08-2015, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
All of these scenario's include a murder....but all of them had something to do with emotion. Emotions are always involved. The 3 cases look alike, but they would receive different kind of punishments. I understand that and I even agree with it, but I could also see why some people would argue that it's only fair to give them all the same sentence, because they all killed someone.
and even drug cases or robberies. Nobody was born a robber or a drug dealer. There's always some human component to a case so there's no way the law can be impersonal and impartial.

Quote:
The best thing about this episode was that Alicia and Peter scene, 18 episodes too later? or 6 season to late? I have no idea. But god I needed that. Just stop yelling and fighting for no reason, just talk like adults.
Amen to that! But hey if they really go to 8 seasons, I guess they'll have to talk some more, right?

Quote:
That case was interesting, I am sort of surprised how lucky they got with that storyline.
Hardly. Even though one of these has been publicized lately, it's not the first time something like that happens, unfortunately.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
The best thing about this episode was that Alicia and Peter scene, 18 episodes too later? or 6 season to late?
That was the best A/P scene ever. They're better "together" when they're not.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
They're better "together" when they're not.
Makes sense. It's the very essence of the "drama" that the Kings are desperate to create everywhere but never explore anywhere.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgocam (View Post)
That was the best A/P scene ever. They're better "together" when they're not.
Yup which I get but yet he doesn't even EXPLORE that. I mean all he had to do this season was make the political allies and it would have been fine, and yet he waste that too.

--- Alicia Florrick