Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-28-2015, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 6.17 - Episode Discussion Thread - Undisclosed Recipients (03/29/2015)

Episode 6.17 - Undisclosed Recipients

WRITTEN BY: Leonard Dick
DIRECTED BY: James Whitmore
AIRDATE: 03/29/2015

The partners of Florrick/Agos/Lockhart find themselves at odds when they voice different opinions regarding the company’s future. Also, the firm falls victim to a cyber-hack after it takes on the case of a movie producer whose work is pirated on a peer-to-peer sharing site

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-29-2015, 06:17 AM
Supreme Fan

Can't wait!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:56 PM
New Fan

Thank you for reading this. All options were open to me, but I didn't want to wait 48 hours to post.

The scene with Eli in Alicia's office was brilliant. Fine acting by Alan Cumming.

Ed Asner, exquisite. Wonderful lines.

This whole episode reeked of delight. Opening old wounds with the email hack. The upheaval amongst the partners. Brilliant.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Alicia and Will sent sex messages to each other still in 2013? Not logical.

Other than that the episode was one of the season's best.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:08 AM
Supreme Fan

Great episode. The hacking was funny and there were some nice throwbacks. I have a feeling Pine is not investigating Bishop at all, but Kalinda instead. 1 day in and Alicia is already trapped as SA....she didn't know what she was going for

And we got knowledge that Alicia and Kalinda were in the same place off-camera when Alicia invited her to celebrate during their call. Is it sad that that is enough to make me happy as a Alicia/Kalinda fan these days?
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
I have a feeling Pine is not investigating Bishop at all, but Kalinda instead.
I think Pine wants to use Kalinda to get to Bishop. But she'll have more on Kalinda than her babysitting duty when they find out about the metadata forgery.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

My only hope in order to SAVE this SA plot, is for Geneva Pine to become Alicia's second in command. That might be the only thing that can make me feel better.

This episode was SO DAMN hilarious, but every single thing was so very much out of character. Alicia would never in a million years write that stuff in her work email. Also no way Will talks like that? Even those Diane and Cary emails where just so wrong.

And the lameness of S6 continues.....

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-30-2015, 12:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
My only hope in order to SAVE this SA plot, is for Geneva Pine to become Alicia's second in command. That might be the only thing that can make me feel better.
I hadn't thought of that! Maybe that's the solution to everything. Alicia makes a deal with Geneva to drop any charges against Kalinda in exchange for her to be Alicia's #2? But then how are they going to deal with Bishop?
Old 03-30-2015, 12:48 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgocam (View Post)
I hadn't thought of that! Maybe that's the solution to everything. Alicia makes a deal with Geneva to drop any charges against Kalinda in exchange for her to be Alicia's #2? But then how are they going to deal with Bishop?
Maybe just let them go in peace?

Could work out the way it was described
Old 03-30-2015, 01:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Maybe just let them go in peace?
The writers wanted us to think Kalinda is in a lot of trouble legally and maybe even physically as well. But perhaps in the end everything will be worked out, and she just simply wants to move on with her life.

I think Geneva wants to get Bishop because it would be good for her career. But if Alicia gives her that big promotion, Geneva would be less inclined to go after Bishop at all cost. Alicia will have plenty of reasons not to go after Bishop because he has dirt on her regarding the get-out-the-vote shenanigans and who knows what else, I'm sure he'll think of something.

Alicia is going to be a "corrupt" SA before she's even sworn in, and her corruption might end up helping Kalinda. She wouldn't be doing it just for Kalinda, she would be trying to save her own skin too, Kalinda just benefits from it in the process. I think I prefer it to any scenario that will have Kalinda sacrificing anything for anyone.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:33 PM
New Fan

Whatever the ending scenario for Kalinda I don't think they will kill her off. They have already been there/done that. I think they will leave a door open for Kalinda to return if things don't workout with Archie Panjabi's new interests. And also the door is left open for guest spots.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:36 PM
New Fan

I thought the email scene was funny. I get that since Alicia used her campaign email the last four months she wasn't affected but really not one of the associates from the firm sent her an email from their FAL account over the last four months? Also, when they went back two years, the email with her one night stand with Johnny showed up but not when the first batch of emails were released. Sketchy. But overall an entertaining show this week.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
And the lameness of S6 continues.....
Amen to that. It's kind of like the big canvas concept has promising possibilities, but the fine brush strokes are just bad. The sexy emails were pathetic beyond belief....disgracing what was a much more nuanced connection between W and A.

What is going on in the make-up department? Alicia's and Cary's pallor is alarming.

Not sure in real life that lawyers would behave like such buffoons over the disclosed emails. Then again, who knows.

Where is Peter?
Old 03-31-2015, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgocam (View Post)
Oh that could be? I definitely see Geneva as Alicia's number too. Especially they keep mentioning her. And yea this will tie to Kalinda and Bishop, I am just not sure how. There is a campaign for Kalinda to leave with Dylan Syb.

Quote:
Where is Peter?
Better that is not around, that way Alicia can find new villains

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-01-2015, 09:26 AM
Supreme Fan

All in all I am very curious where the season is going ; wether Alicia will really become SA or that she has to pass it up for some reason...or if she really becomes SA..what direction the series will be heading and how Kalinda's exit will happen. I am really hoping for one Alicia/Kalinda scene though. I kind of expected one last episode with all the hacking (I was honestly thinking maybe an email about Kalinda would see the light), but I was let down. At least that phone call sounded a bit more natural. That's good ofcourse, but on the other hand...to hear them talk like that..friendly...makes me only miss their friendship more.