Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-14-2015, 09:22 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 6.15 - Episode Discussion Thread - Open Source (03/15/2015)

Episode 6.15 - Open Source

WRITTEN BY: Craig Turk
DIRECTED BY: Rosemary Rodriguez
AIRDATE: 03/15/2015

When Frank Prady decides to go after Governor Florrick as a campaign tactic, Alicia is faced with the decision of whether or not to attack Peter’s record as well. Also, when Florrick/Agos/Lockhart take on the case of a man paralyzed by a malfunctioning gun created on a 3D printer, they call on Kurt McVeigh to testify as an expert witness, which leads to a rift between Diane and her husband
Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-15-2015, 02:30 AM
Supreme Fan

Yay, can't wait!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

I would say this was a typical TGW episode if it had been two seasons ago. I guess there aint nothing wrong with that.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Alicia and Johnny.....meh. He's no Will Gardner.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karma7 (View Post)
At least his last episode is next week

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-16-2015, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

So nothing on the return of the cowboy? :p

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-17-2015, 04:24 AM
Supreme Fan

It was a good episode. Not that that surprises me as the show is still one of my favorites. Loved seeing Kurt again, aswell as ''the little girl from Michigan'', aka Mamie Gummer/Crozier. Didn't mind the Alicia story line either.

That said...when I first saw Michael J Fox on TGW in S2(?) I loved him and it was great to see him in later episodes aswell, but right now I feel like he is overused. I just don't like him anymore and he became predictable as I don't know what. At this point I kinda hope he will die at some point. Same story with David Lee. He was great in the first few seasons, but right now?

Very little Kalinda tonight. Ah, well, makes it easier to adjust when there's no Kalinda at all next season.

I'd be glad when this political story line is over and the focus changes to something else again.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
So nothing on the return of the cowboy? :p
I left that goody in that thread

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-17-2015, 12:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

"Cannings not going to prank me on his death bed!" Are you sure Alicia?

It was nice to see Kurt McVeigh back in court. Him and Diane in the car, he seem to make her happy, lol. It was nice they disagreed on the way the case was going. Kurt was out to get the truth about the plastic weapon. Diane was out to have the "Truth" point in her clients direction. But the COTW with the 3D printer and the plastic gun was interesting. And how Judge Charles Abernathy, himself had many questions on it. I think it was CSI:NY that had a case about a 3D gun once. Carsten Pope printed it with some changes, and shot innocent bystander Eddie summerfeldt after it back fired. But then designer Chris Fife got in trouble for talking about a eventual School shooting with this type of gun. Kalinda again came to the rescue. Did Robyn actually leave the company?

Diane and Finn together in court worked, even if they had some disagreements.They took on Nancy Crozier that has been like their Louis Canning type foe. I thought maybe Kurt's trainee Rebecca Smercornish would cause conflict between him and Diane. But Diane apologizes and Kurt suggests a Wyoming hunting trip with big wigs. She accepts.

So are they killing off Louis Canning? Or is his kidney transplant going to make him better, for the most part? I guess after the Hamas Muslim donation "scam" he seemed better. I liked how Alicia kind of scared him when he asked about his 18 million dollars. But probably David Lee already knew it was safe. And ofcourse Alicia making it difficult to reach his phone was funny. His money must have been pretty safe,or he wouldn't temp Alicia to liquidate his 18 million worth and give it to the kidney donor girls(Leyla Forsoons?) family.

I think for the most part that Alicia and Frank Prady would make a good team. They don't want to play dirty against each other. Even though both sides teams have done some of it. But now they both go after Peter Florrick's record as States Attorney. My memory must be foggy, I thought Peter did a better job there then either Glenn Childs or James Castro. Johnny Elfman and Josh Mariner did tell Alicia to go after Peter. Marrisa Gold called them children. Ofcourse Eli Gold put pressure on them to not have her do it. But after telling Alicia to not do it she does it anyway with encouragement from Johnny. Marissa also had a decent exchange with her dad. Johnny is fired and threatened by Eli. Alicia and Johnny become very close at the end. Must be Grace was at school?

Frank Prady is a Jesuit and can't marry again, for to remarry is adultery. No wonder he didn't fight the gay charge to much. It surprised me that he wanted the gay vote so he didn't really fight that he wasn't gay. Just say" I'm not gay, but I also have nothing against it"? Then the gay Dinosaur video would be dumber.

Now that we have Florrick/Agos/Lockhart back to work, we need Canning/Lee to get back to work.

Last edited by webruce; 03-17-2015 at 09:02 PM Reason: Monetary repair.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It was nice to see Kurt McVeigh back in court. Him and Diane in the car, he seem to make her happy, lol.
to say the least
I read somewhere that the one you love is the one who can make you laugh when you don't feel like smiling and I think it's very obvious that Kurt is that person to her.

Quote:
I think it was CSI:NY that had a case about a 3D gun once.
I think they have used it in all the tv shows that rip from the headlines at this point

Quote:
Did Robyn actually leave the company?
The "official" answer from the writers is that Jess Weixler is in LA for pilot season (which doesn't explain why she's been out all season really) but I think she's just been very busy with indie movies (she's also directing) and they don't really need her until Kalinda leaves.

Quote:
So are they killing off Louis Canning? Or is his kidney transplant going to make him better, for the most part?
They're definitely not. If they have one more season to go, it's unlikely they'll kill one of their favorite recurring characters, unfortunately.

Quote:
Just say" I'm not gay, but I also have nothing against it"?
From all accounts everywhere, it's useless to even engage on that level. If people say "I'm not gay", the media go with the fact they are "in denial" or "closeted". The best thing to do is just to ignore it, imo.
Plus, if you feel like you have to defend yourself from the comments, that inevitably shows you think it's something you have to defend yourself from, as if you were being accused of something.

Quote:
Loved seeing Kurt again, aswell as ''the little girl from Michigan'', aka Mamie Gummer/Crozier.
she'll never stop using that line

Quote:
That said...when I first saw Michael J Fox on TGW in S2(?) I loved him and it was great to see him in later episodes aswell, but right now I feel like he is overused.
Oh yeah. And unlike others like Elsbeth or Patty Nyholm, there's not a lot of places to go with him and they keep going and going and going back to it. He's definitely become predictable in his "unpredictability"

Quote:
Same story with David Lee. He was great in the first few seasons, but right now?
I'm afraid David Lee is one of these things that the funny people did well but the funny writers left the show a long time ago.

Quote:
Very little Kalinda tonight. Ah, well, makes it easier to adjust when there's no Kalinda at all next season.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-17-2015, 08:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Definitely better than the last one IMO.

Quote:
Agreed. At least they had Diane and Kurt to bring the chemistry this episode.

Quote:
At least his last episode is next week
I was thinking this was all working out conveniently- a guilt free fling to get Alicia on the way to the main attraction... which I'm guessing is Finn?
Old 03-18-2015, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

so good still this season.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I was thinking this was all working out conveniently- a guilt free fling to get Alicia on the way to the main attraction... which I'm guessing is Finn?
if the lord and Jesus Christ have been listening to my prayers, Finn is gone by the end of this season as well. Please lord, because I hate Finn 100 times more than Johnny.

Quote:
So are they killing off Louis Canning?
can he just die already?

Kalinda one scene, Cary one scene, ****ing Oatmeal Polmar gets way to much screen time

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-18-2015, 02:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
if the lord and Jesus Christ have been listening to my prayers, Finn is gone by the end of this season as well. Please lord, because I hate Finn 100 times more than Johnny.
I am confused by their hints of chemistry in earlier episodes- by which I mean that they imply A/F have chemistry, not that I've seen any onscreen. Because the writing seems to be hedging bets about what to do with Finn. I actually like the actor and even character, just not as a love interest.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:12 PM
New Fan

Just now i realized that they have different writers what which episode

This one was nice, i like Kurt, nice character.