Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-03-2015, 11:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling
Although Kalinda really doesn't look like a nanny
It's 2015, nannies don't look like Mary Poppins. Did you read about Prince George's nanny? She's supposed to be highly trained in dodging potential kidnappers or something. I think they called her the supernanny -- 007 meets Mary Poppins.

Quote:
Pleeeeeease let not this be another Kalinda/Lana related plot fallen into the plothole!
It would be inexplicable if they drop it. If they don't talk about the white card soon, I assume it's something that they planted so they could somehow bring Lana back into the conversation when it's time. It's like the Jeffrey Grant plot.

Bishop can't be that dumb. Kalinda lied to him about Lana not being on his case. Lana did in fact end up wiretapping him. I would find it hard to believe Kalinda's FBI girlfriend is not an issue with him anymore, unless they kill off Bishop before he has a chance to deal with his FBI problem.

Quote:
Are we though? Did Archie say that?
Before the season's premiere, the Kings said they wouldn't kill off another major character. I know they're being coy now and say nothing is off the table, but TGW isn't "Game of Thrones".

Quote:
#3 is my guess. They said they are trying to make it "inevitable".
It's "inevitable" that something will happen to Kalinda and she'll have to leave the show, but they also said it'll be "surprising", which could mean how they get there will not be predictable, but the ending will not necessarily be bad. Maybe the reason they built up Kalinda/Lana was so that when Kalinda has to leave, she wouldn't have to leave all alone and sad. That's my hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17
Wow that plot got drop so badly. Like seriously. And I doubt Lana comes back
I'm hoping they're up to something with that later. I really don't know what to make of the Lana/Jill situation. The way they set things up, it felt like they must have a plan to bring her back for at least one more episode. But Jill is busy, so I don't know. I haven't given up hope, but it's really frustrating not knowing.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:48 AM
Supreme Fan

I am with you all. That white card has to be explained. I like the season, but there are so much loose ends. The white card is just one of them. What happened to Lana in general? Where is Robyn? Where is that new dude that alligned with Diane when she decided to join Florrick/Agos?

I just saw that Mamie Gummer is returning to TGW in two weeks. So glad with that. One of my favorite guest stars honestly. I sort of hope Martha Plimpton, Carrie Preston, America Ferrara and some others return again in the future. I doubt it, because it has been so long since Plimpton and Ferrara appeared in TGW, but one can hope.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

What did you all think about the Ed Asner character and Alicia's not blinking re: his homophobic rant?
I was reading some recap that had a major problem with that, especially since he remembers she has a gay brother, unlike the writers and I was wondering how you all felt about it

Quote:
Wow that plot got drop so badly. Like seriously.
Not as bad as when they brought Lana back at the end of S1 just to bring up that FBI investigation into Peter and Glenn Childs... and they never went anywhere with it

Quote:
The white card is just one of them.
It's like they knew that Jill wouldn't be available but they just went ahead and cut the arc when she couldn't be in the show anymore

Quote:
What happened to Lana in general?
She's stalking Kalinda
No, sorry, she left the FBI and became an ER doctor in Phoenix

Quote:
Where is Robyn?
She's making indie movies
No, seriously, they only needed her to step in for Kalinda when Alicia needed an investigator so they don't really need her this season. Maybe they'll bring her back next season but I think they'll just bring in a new investigator when K's gone. Probably the next minute if they follow their patterns

Quote:
Where is that new dude that alligned with Diane when she decided to join Florrick/Agos?
Taye Diggs?

I guess all these come from now having a fairly small regular cast and bringing in recurring all the time. Actors get other jobs. Writers lose track with all the more losely recurring characters and it's very messy after a while.

Quote:
I just saw that Mamie Gummer is returning to TGW in two weeks.
Heh just when I was talking about losely recurring
She was entirely cut of a show apparently (boo!) after having to reshoot scenes because her character was "straigthened" so I guess she needs the rebound. And TGW needs her!

Quote:
I doubt it, because it has been so long since Plimpton and Ferrara appeared in TGW, but one can hope.
I like Ferrara too much to wish this on her
That character was just a problem.
But I wonder where Patty is. Plimpton's show has been over for a while and she was on TGW every season when it was on the air so...

Quote:
It's 2015, nannies don't look like Mary Poppins.
I'm very sure they don't look like Kalinda either

Quote:
Did you read about Prince George's nanny? She's supposed to be highly trained in dodging potential kidnappers or something. I think they called her the supernanny -- 007 meets Mary Poppins.
Please please PLEAAAAAAASE let this not be Archie's new show!

Quote:
I would find it hard to believe Kalinda's FBI girlfriend is not an issue with him anymore, unless they kill off Bishop before he has a chance to deal with his FBI problem.
They're going to have to get rid of him anyway since Colter is busy with Netflix shows for the next 4 years basically. But they can't kill him before Kalinda's exit, right?

Quote:
Before the season's premiere, the Kings said they wouldn't kill off another major character.
if it comes from the Kings, it's like whistle in the wind as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
It's "inevitable" that something will happen to Kalinda and she'll have to leave the show, but they also said it'll be "surprising",
Now I'm worried because there is really nothing coming out of that storyline that hasn't been already theorized so if it's going to be a surprise a la Ham Sandwich that comes from nowhere... no thank you.

Quote:
Maybe the reason they built up Kalinda/Lana was so that when Kalinda has to leave, she wouldn't have to leave all alone and sad. That's my hope.
That's my hope too. They knew they couldn't get Jill as long as they wanted and yet they went ahead with it. There has to be a reason!

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Last edited by Gelfling; 03-04-2015 at 07:24 PM
Old 03-05-2015, 03:26 AM
Supreme Fan

I just thought that Ed was acting really well. The rant sucked, but honestly it's nothing I've never heard before. Ed was just acting, but the sad thing is that there are millions of people who think like that in real life and even act on it by hurting gay people. I didn't really mind it on the show, because there was a reason. It was a reason for Alicia to start doubting herself, you know? How far is she willing to go? You could see in her eyes that she didn't agree. That was enough for me. Honestly...I am gay...but if I needed that much cash for something and the only thing I would have to do was to listen to his ranting..I'd do it. Wouldn't be happy with it, but still.

Yeah, I meant Taye. When he joined the cast it was pretty big news and after three episodes he just disappeared, lol. Not even a mention. At least Robyn got mentioned once after her last episode TGW has recurring guest stars who are the best imo. Downside is that when they don't come back...it's obvious they are missing. Mamie Gummer played at least in 1 episode each season, so at least that tradition is still here. I trust Carrie Preston will be back aswell. But I guess we'll never see Martha and America again, which kind of sucks. I liked America with Eli ; and Martha was great in general. Honestly...under which stone are the writers sleeping? Get her back!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy
What happened to Lana in general?
There's that scene with her boss at the FBI too, they need to explain what that was all about. I know it's supposed to be self-explanatory, but it could mean anything from she got mildly scolded to she got fired. Depending on what happened, it could mean a whole different thing to the bigger plot regarding Kalinda's exit.

Quote:
Now I'm worried because there is really nothing coming out of that storyline that hasn't been already theorized so if it's going to be a surprise a la Ham Sandwich that comes from nowhere... no thank you.
Ham Sandwich, was that the episode when we found out that Kalinda slept with Peter? If they want a shocker, they could have her sleep with Bishop. But they would have to be REALLY desperate to go there. It would be totally insane.

Quote:
and Martha was great in general. Honestly...under which stone are the writers sleeping? Get her back!
I think RK said Martha was doing a play in London. She might be back in NYC doing another play, but at least she'd be in town if they can get her back.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I just thought that Ed was acting really well.
he's such an amazing actor and he's such the complete opposite of that guy in real life, it's even more impressive when you know his track record.

Quote:
The rant sucked, but honestly it's nothing I've never heard before. Ed was just acting, but the sad thing is that there are millions of people who think like that in real life and even act on it by hurting gay people.
We'll get them eventually. Or at least we'll make it less fashionable to be openly homophobic, like racism is less "cool" now so racism is more dormant and less brutal than it was 50 years ago.

Quote:
I didn't really mind it on the show, because there was a reason. It was a reason for Alicia to start doubting herself, you know? How far is she willing to go?
About damn time!

Quote:
You could see in her eyes that she didn't agree
That's not enough. If you corrupt all your principles to get to where you want to be, what's the point of getting there?

Quote:
Honestly...I am gay...but if I needed that much cash for something and the only thing I would have to do was to listen to his ranting..I'd do it.
It'd be a mistake. People like that don't give you money just because they like you, they expect you to help them, do favors, push their agenda. If you give them an inch more power than they already got, you lose, whether you win the election or not.

Quote:
Yeah, I meant Taye. When he joined the cast it was pretty big news and after three episodes he just disappeared, lol.
well it's not unusual for a recurring to disappear without a trace
Maybe Kalinda didn't like him and he's with Nick
They really just wanted the media hype so they got it and then, well, I guess he found a job somewhere and they always lose recurring actors because they don't book them solid.
But yeah it's not very subtle

Quote:
Honestly...under which stone are the writers sleeping? Get her back!
I'm sure they tried to. They managed to work around her crazy schedule when she was on Raising Hope just to get her in one episode or two at the end of the season. So I guess she's moved on to other things.

Quote:
I think RK said Martha was doing a play in London. She might be back in NYC doing another play, but at least she'd be in town if they can get her back.
Ah right! She was in the west End and then in Delicate Balance on broadway from November to last week I think

Quote:
I know it's supposed to be self-explanatory, but it could mean anything from she got mildly scolded to she got fired.
OR even prosecuted!

Quote:
Ham Sandwich, was that the episode when we found out that Kalinda slept with Peter?
yep and the reason I can't ever eat one ever again

Quote:
If they want a shocker, they could have her sleep with Bishop.
hey I'm trying not to be shallow here but I'd watch that scene. a LOT

But um... back to serious things now. Have we discussed the possibility that Kalinda will see something she's not supposed to see and end up in the Witness Protection Program?

Old 03-06-2015, 12:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
It's a good thing the episode wasn't called "Water" or you'd be in trouble.

Quote:
But um... back to serious things now. Have we discussed the possibility that Kalinda will see something she's not supposed to see and end up in the Witness Protection Program?
I think that falls under the going into hiding category. She could either see something she's not supposed to, or have to testify against someone dangerous. More on that on the Kalinda thread...!
Old 03-06-2015, 02:21 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
he's such an amazing actor and he's such the complete opposite of that guy in real life, it's even more impressive when you know his track record.

We'll get them eventually. Or at least we'll make it less fashionable to be openly homophobic, like racism is less "cool" now so racism is more dormant and less brutal than it was 50 years ago.

About damn time!

That's not enough. If you corrupt all your principles to get to where you want to be, what's the point of getting there?

It'd be a mistake. People like that don't give you money just because they like you, they expect you to help them, do favors, push their agenda. If you give them an inch more power than they already got, you lose, whether you win the election or not.

well it's not unusual for a recurring to disappear without a trace
Maybe Kalinda didn't like him and he's with Nick
They really just wanted the media hype so they got it and then, well, I guess he found a job somewhere and they always lose recurring actors because they don't book them solid.
But yeah it's not very subtle

I'm sure they tried to. They managed to work around her crazy schedule when she was on Raising Hope just to get her in one episode or two at the end of the season. So I guess she's moved on to other things.

Ah right! She was in the west End and then in Delicate Balance on broadway from November to last week I think

OR even prosecuted!

hey I'm trying not to be shallow here but I'd watch that scene. a LOT

Yeah, true. Giving in to people like that wouldn't be smart. It's easy to say I'd go for the money, but I also know my principals are pretty important to me.

Guess we'll never see Martha again, but who knows At least Mamie Gummer is coming back, aswell as Gary Cole, so I am happy. IF I was in the position to choose only ONE guest star I'd love to see this season I'd go for Lana.

Witness Program is very well possible, but there are so many scenarios possible that I try not to guess anymore
Old 03-06-2015, 01:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Witness Program is very well possible, but there are so many scenarios possible that I try not to guess anymore
The scenarios will change too with every episode as more info is revealed. But we need the post count so the board won't get closed.

Sometimes I wish TGW is on Netflix so I can just download the whole season and get it over with. All this waiting gives you to much time to think.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's a good thing the episode wasn't called "Water" or you'd be in trouble.
Well I'm French so we drink a lot of wine, I'd be fine

Quote:
I think that falls under the going into hiding category. She could either see something she's not supposed to, or have to testify against someone dangerous. More on that on the Kalinda thread...!
Heh I'm glad the K thread is getting some action. It's been very lonely and it's the last gasp so it needs all it can get

Quote:
Guess we'll never see Martha again, but who knows At least Mamie Gummer is coming back, aswell as Gary Cole, so I am happy.
Me too!

Quote:
IF I was in the position to choose only ONE guest star I'd love to see this season I'd go for Lana.
It really would tie up things with Kalinda pretty neatly.

Quote:
For all we know she's an alien who has to go back to her planet.
What? RK said it would be surprising!

Quote:
The scenarios will change too with every episode as more info is revealed. But we need the post count so the board won't get closed.
Exactly! We take every theory, no matter how out there! (for the record, I don't think my theories that she's a vampire pursued by a ancient sect of vampire slayers, or an alien, are out there so go for it and be creative )

Old 03-06-2015, 10:10 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Well I'm French so we drink a lot of wine, I'd be fine

Heh I'm glad the K thread is getting some action. It's been very lonely and it's the last gasp so it needs all it can get

Me too!

It really would tie up things with Kalinda pretty neatly.

For all we know she's an alien who has to go back to her planet.
What? RK said it would be surprising!

Exactly! We take every theory, no matter how out there! (for the record, I don't think my theories that she's a vampire pursued by a ancient sect of vampire slayers, or an alien, are out there so go for it and be creative )
Quote:
Guess we'll never see Martha again, but who knows At least Mamie Gummer is coming back, aswell as Gary Cole, so I am happy.
Martha Plimpton? I was rooting for her to come back. Why won't we see her again?
Old 03-07-2015, 07:39 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgocam (View Post)

Sometimes I wish TGW is on Netflix so I can just download the whole season and get it over with. All this waiting gives you to much time to think.
Oh, we can always guess ofcourse
Old 03-08-2015, 08:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Martha Plimpton? I was rooting for her to come back. Why won't we see her again?
She's been busy this season and if next season is the last, as expected, I'm not really sure there'll be room for her in the show. When Alicia is elected, it's going to be pretty much Florrick v. Agos again all season, or Florrick v. Lockhart.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
When Alicia is elected, it's going to be pretty much Florrick v. Agos again all season, or Florrick v. Lockhart.
JUST KILL ME!! Also when was the last time SA was actually in court SMHHH.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-12-2015, 07:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
JUST KILL ME!! Also when was the last time SA was actually in court SMHHH.
Well she will be if it's Alicia.
Wasn't that pretty much your dream scenario? You can tell how bad they have been doing with that storyline when you are off it!