Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-23-2015, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 6.13 - Episode Discussion Thread - Dark Money (03/01/2015)

Episode 6.13 - Dark Money

WRITTEN BY: Keith Eisner
DIRECTED BY: Jim McKay
AIRDATE: 03/01/2015

When Colin Sweeney accuses a television producer of basing an unflattering character and show on his life, Diane and Cary must prove that they are capable of handling his case as Alicia focuses on the race for State’s Attorney. Also, Alicia competes against Frank Prady for a major campaign donation
Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 02-24-2015, 06:59 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

It's been 100 yearrrrrrrsssss.......

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 02-26-2015, 10:39 AM
Elite Fan

New episode? wow maybe the board won't die after all.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-01-2015, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

That episode was just to give Dylan Baker the chance of an Emmy!

Highlights

-Diane and Cary in court warms my heart!

-Alicia and Grace at the end

-Also can Prady win?

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-01-2015, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
About time!

Quote:
-Diane and Cary in court warms my heart!
They always made a great team but we haven't seen them in court a lot (or at all )

Quote:
-Also can Prady win?
you're so biased

Old 03-01-2015, 10:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
He was hilarious as the "actor". I really like Renata. I think they should keep her as his wife.

What's up with Bishop? Why does he want Kalinda picking up Dylan? He wants her for a reason and I can't figure out why. It's more than the fact that she doesn't look like a bodyguard.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I really like Renata. I think they should keep her as his wife.
I am so in love with Laura Benanti!! She's so funny and such a great actress! Plus she can sing the roof off a theatre!

I wonder if the fact her ex-husband has been seen Frenching Alicia recently is a conflict of interest?

Quote:
What's up with Bishop? Why does he want Kalinda picking up Dylan? He wants her for a reason and I can't figure out why.
Maybe he's trying to get her implicated in something. Not that the kid is carrying drugs or anything but maybe he's trying to make it look like she's on his payroll?
He's got to know he's under surveillance.

Old 03-02-2015, 06:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling
I am so in love with Laura Benanti!! She's so funny and such a great actress! Plus she can sing the roof off a theatre!
She's totally cool, AND gorgeous!

Quote:
Maybe he's trying to get her implicated in something. Not that the kid is carrying drugs or anything but maybe he's trying to make it look like she's on his payroll?
He's got to know he's under surveillance.
That's what I thought when I watched the promo, that maybe he's trying to get her implicated in something. He knows he's being watched. But after watching the episode, I think the writers are using him as a red herring. Whatever the audience thinks might happen, the writers will do the opposite. Right now, everyone thinks Bishop will be the reason for Kalinda's departure, but that's too obvious. Someone else is following her and Dylan. Maybe whoever it is will give Kalinda more trouble. Bishop might even end up coming to her rescue.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
She's totally cool, AND gorgeous!
She is! I think that didn't help her on tv because she isn't famous enough to get lead parts but if you're going to put her next to another actress, she'd better be hot and funny or she's ****ed

She was on Broadway in Almodovar's Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown with Marybeth Peil and she cracks me up as the brainless needy drama queen model friend. She has a song called Model Behavior where she keeps calling her friend on the phone all day, always in a crisis of some kind. It's hilarious

Quote:
That's what I thought when I watched the promo, that maybe he's trying to get her implicated in something.
It's the only thing that makes sense. I mean... how many other people could he ask to do that? It's not as if she was Obi Wan Kenobi

Quote:
But after watching the episode, I think the writers are using him as a red herring. Whatever the audience thinks might happen, the writers will do the opposite. Right now, everyone thinks Bishop will be the reason for Kalinda's departure, but that's too obvious.
That's what I've been thinking too. They like to go for the shocker so there's been way too much attention on Bishop and all these interviews they're doing right now... I don't know.

Quote:
Someone else is following her and Dylan. Maybe whoever it is will give Kalinda more trouble.
We already know it's not Lana

Quote:
Bishop might even end up coming to her rescue.
But then how does she exit?

Old 03-02-2015, 11:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Thank you so much for sharing that video with Laura. She is awesome! I really love her on the show! She makes Sweeney more bearable, because I was getting tired of his one-man-show each time he has an episode. But somehow I enjoyed this one more than usual, probably because the hiatus had been too long.
Also we got Diane's courtroom magic, which never hurts And her sushing is a thing already
And that Alicia/Grace scene was so wonderful
Old 03-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I mean... how many other people could he ask to do that? It's not as if she was Obi Wan Kenobi
I suppose it's possible Bishop really did need someone who didn't look like a bodyguard. Maybe he's aware that a rival drug lord is following his son, possibly trying to kidnap him. Bishop might not want to alert them that he's aware. Having a woman to protect Dylan would be less conspicuous. But they still need to explain the white card. It's odd that Kalinda defied his request and he has said nothing about it.

Quote:
We already know it's not Lana
Though we wouldn't want her stalking Kalinda, especially now that they're finally serious, assuming Lana is still alive, that is.

Quote:
But then how does she exit?
Even if Bishop isn't the reason for her departure, he's dragging her into his shady world, so maybe there's somebody else? There's also the metdata fraud thing, so there's no shortage of problems for her.

We can only be certain of two things. She won't be killed off, and after the end of this season she won't be working for the law firm anymore.

The only other options are:

1. Goes into hiding (but the audience sees her making that decision)
2. Leaves town voluntarily - job transfer/change of environment
3. Goes to jail
4. Quits the law firm and takes a new job in Chicago
5. Mysteriously disappears (the audience doesn't know if she dead or alive)

2 & 4 are less dramatic, but reassuring. I would find it sad if she's forced to go on the run, unless Lana runs away with her.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:25 PM
Supreme Fan

Was a nice episode. The favor Bishop asked of Kalinda was a bit odd, but I am sure the writers are at least going somewhere.

I liked that the episode was based around the law again. Some politics, but thank god the law had the upper hand again. Alicia's final scene with Grace was really good.

Great to see Sweeney aswell

As for Kalinda's exit...I am just staying tuned Apparantly that's what the Kings want...
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thank you so much for sharing that video with Laura. She is awesome! I really love her on the show!
I like to think of her as the next-generation Baranski
She's gorgeous, classy, hilarious and a triple threat! Plus she can also kill it in drama!

Quote:
She makes Sweeney more bearable, because I was getting tired of his one-man-show each time he has an episode.
Yeah. Dylan Baker is a fine actor but he's been given the same thing over and over since s2 basically.
And the previous attempt at a fold with Morena Baccarin just wasn't working as well.

Quote:
Also we got Diane's courtroom magic, which never hurts

Quote:
nd her sushing is a thing already
Shhhh!

Quote:
Having a woman to protect Dylan would be less conspicuous.
I guess. Although Kalinda really doesn't look like a nanny

Quote:
But they still need to explain the white card.
Pleeeeeease let not this be another Kalinda/Lana related plot fallen into the plothole!

Quote:
Though we wouldn't want her stalking Kalinda, especially now that they're finally serious, assuming Lana is still alive, that is.
well maybe she's just having her back
(and it's a very nice back so I'd watch it if I were her)

Quote:
Even if Bishop isn't the reason for her departure, he's dragging her into his shady world, so maybe there's somebody else? There's also the metdata fraud thing, so there's no shortage of problems for her.
True. They probably don't want to get the same criticism when they kill her as they did when they killed Will. That it was so out of nowhere and completely out of character for the show and if they need to bring in the creepy, it's either Sweeney or Bishop...

Quote:
We can only be certain of two things. She won't be killed off
Are we though? Did Archie say that? Because if it's the Kings, I'm still waiting on A/K being the core relationship on the show so I won't trust them with anything.

Quote:
The only other options are:

2. Leaves town voluntarily - job transfer/change of environment
3. Goes to jail
4. Quits the law firm and takes a new job in Chicago
5. Mysteriously disappears (the audience doesn't know if she dead or alive)
#3 is my guess. They said they are trying to make it "inevitable". They want to get rid of the character. They don't want people asking them if she'll be back for the next season.

Quote:
I would find it sad if she's forced to go on the run, unless Lana runs away with her.
well she's already on the run for all we know. Last time we saw her, she was about to get in trouble with the Feds

Old 03-03-2015, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yea I was thinking of this. Or maybe she just ditches town. I don't know.

Quote:
But they still need to explain the white card.
Wow that plot got drop so badly. Like seriously. And I doubt Lana comes back

--- Alicia Florrick