Old 11-09-2014, 10:19 AM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 6.08 - Episode Discussion Thread - Red Zone

Episode 6.08 - Red Zone

WRITTEN BY: Nichelle Tramble Spellman
DIRECTED BY: Felix Alcala
AIRDATE: 11/09/2014

Summary

Alicia takes on a college rape case which pits her against Louis Canning when it moves from a university hearing to civil court. Meanwhile, Eli and Elfman conduct a political focus group as Alicia dives into her campaign for State’s Attorney

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-09-2014, 11:28 PM
New Fan

Easy out

I.can't believe Castro is just pulling out. No warning, no discussion. Seems like an easy out for the writers to me. This whole season seems rushed to me, yet some things have seemed to drag on. Love this show, but it makes me crazy!
Old 11-10-2014, 05:28 AM
Master Fan

All the Kalinda/Lana, I am dead to the world today.
I made my icon.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
All the Kalinda/Lana, I am dead to the world today.
Talk about HOTNESS right there

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-10-2014, 07:40 AM
Master Fan

Kalinda with her hair down,

And I knew it was Danielle's body, but dang.
I made my icon.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:32 AM
Elite Fan

Honestly the hair down had me distracted for the first half of the episode, I couldn't deal, I am not sure how I even feel about it either

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-10-2014, 09:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

I felt like this was the worst episode this season. Even that doesn't mean it was bad, it just didn't feel like part of the series. It felt sleepy, silent and uneventful.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't watch, but I'm glad it didn't go overtime.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

The most intriguing plot last night was Bishop/Kalinda/Lana. I think Kalinda is falling for Lana.

I have to be really honest, the campaign storyline is putting me to sleep.

I even enjoyed the Diane/Viola/Cary scenes a lot more than all the Alicia related scenes. Viola is a b****h, but she was a good b****h last night.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Supreme Fan

I like Alicia as a lead character, but I didn't really care for her this episode. Not the running for SA stuff anyway ; I did like her helping that girl that got raped. Also liked her apology for Owen. At least she had a phone call with Kalinda...again.

The most interesting part of the episode had to do with Kalinda and Lana. I have to admit that I am truly scared for Kalinda, Lana AND Cary. I mean...Cary is in trouble..Kalinda is possible in life danger now that she didn't listen to Bishop and even Lana is in danger. Ofcourse all three of them could ''survive'' the season, but all in all I fear that one of them may bite the dust. Maybe Kalinda will kill Bishop to protect Lana and/or Cary? Followed by her running away ofcourse, or going into a witness program. I am really curious how Kalinda is going to exit the show, there are so many theories. Matt's contract is up aswell, so now I get why it's those two characters who are in danger.

I do think Kalinda likes Cary. And Lana. I felt bad for her when Cary ran out on her. If only he knew how deep she's in.

It was nice to see Viola again! TGW excells with their great guest stars I am getting a bit tired to see Michael J Fox so much, but ok.

The fact that Bishop is taunting them so much is 6 years in the making though, which I find terrific writing. I don't know the exact saying, but something like : ''always be very careful who you go to bed with ''. Our lead characters let him enter their lives..
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

They handled Castro's dropping out of the race as if it was an afterthought. I was looking forward to seeing Alicia take down Castro. I can't get excited about Alicia vs. Prady.

Alicia did have some good small moments. I liked her scene with Canning where he asked her to talk to his wife. That was kind of a moving moment between them.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgocam (View Post)
They handled Castro's dropping out of the race as if it was an afterthought.
I felt that was quite lazy of them, like after all that Castro just gonna throw in the towel like that. SMH

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-11-2014, 10:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Alicia also has strange dreams. It was not as bad as Elsbeth Toscioni's but bad enough.

COTW Jody Milam vs. Troy Anthony. Owen came back to Alicia for help on this. Nice they are talking. Alicia in the College "Court" ran to me like the case with her and Will at the Military court. You had to learn to play by the rules. Her texting helped Jody a lot. Who read the manual so quickly? The misspell to Owen was funny. Miss Renee Boothe came around quicker then Professor George Paley. Then the wall of rapes, that line should have been taken to court. Maybe it will come back at a later time? Judy dropped out after Troy was suspended. He would be dumb to, but he could still harass her. Then he would have to appear on "Stalker". If this was any of my cop shows I watch, CSI, L&O:SVU, Criminal Minds etc, the Security Guard Hank Shetty would have been a person of interest.

If Louis Canning had that much trouble to handle a case, wouldn't someone else at least come to assist on his case? Alicia was thinking he was joking. But later told him good luck on his kidney transplant. So will Canning be killed off the show too? He wanted Alicia to see his wife if he died. Again though, why set him up with the big story line to be a head of the L/G/C firm then kill him off?

James Castro has dropped out of the race for States Attorney? So his presumed set up of Alicia on the DUI charge was for nothing? Or did he see that after Finn Polmar quit as his ASA he finally saw the light? Or are we now going to see him against F/A/L, like Canning and Nyholm, etc did? Maybe join forces with L/G/C? Him and David Lee together on same side maybe a little to much. Or have him against Finn in court. I hope he doesn't disappear like Glenn Childs did when he lost the States Attorney post to Peter. I miss Glenn Childs. Maybe the addition of Frank Prady in the race scared off Castro? One thing we don't see in these races, is the 3rd or 4th little known candidates. Like in the NY Governor race we only saw advertisements on the Republican and Democrat. Not on the other 3 running on other party ballots. I know on a TV series it is harder to portray that in the story lines, but say a candidate with little or no chance to win could be seen and dismissed by Eli, but Alicia met with him/her and likes what they have on their platform. Maybe even adopting(with their consent) an idea for their own platform??!

Alicia and Finn at the soup kitchen was nice. The old "Alicia is doing it as a photo op"part with the "clean pan" was just like you see in the rag newspapers. But her finally listening to Eli and doing it right was a big plus. She saw even doing the right things could be construed as bad.

Johnny Elfman's focus group on the percievement of Alicia look in their voting, had a lot of stuff in it. I was surprised that they talked about every little detail. But the lady telling that Alicia acts like it all about her etc. fits with what a lot of people in the Forums talk about. St. Alicia, she is better then all others etc. But the lady seemed to come around later.
Cary and Kalinda met and are broken up. "That solves that, take care and go to hell!" I believe is what he told her. She would lie saying she was home when she was in bed with Lana Delaney.
Lemond Bishop knew about her and Agent Delaney. She listened in on her talking on cell in bathroom. So she was if I heard right, not wanting to go along with the investigation of Cary to get Bishop. Kalinda told Bishop she was on another case. Even though he didn't believe her. He gave her a credit card type thing to put in Lana's wallet. Is it a tracking device? Is it something he could use to get Lana in trouble if he makes an anonymous call to the feds? Kalinda has 2nd thoughts and breaks it. I would have thought she would have someone test it or look it over? Unless she knew what it was for.

Cary wanting to testify after we heard the tape on his conversations with Trey Wagner, Dante Wallach, and Jim Lenard So they need to find Dante. Diane has Viola Walsh and Howard Lyman help in a mock interrogation. He has problems but after a talk from Alicia he learns to control his emotions better. This to me runs parallel to her own "I'm better then this" thinking., Maybe she learned to be a little humbler from the thoughts of the focus group, and Eli, and Soup Kitchen.

Robyn is missing again. And Dean has gone MIA.

Last edited by webruce; 11-14-2014 at 10:34 AM Reason: Caps
Old 11-11-2014, 05:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
I felt that was quite lazy of them, like after all that Castro just gonna throw in the towel like that. SMH
Cast availability issues? Nevertheless it fits the story as with Prady in the race Castro's chances were completely destroyed. Also if he had stayed in the race he might have split some votes with Prady and made it easier for Alicia to win. Of course Castro zealously wants Alicia to lose.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Substance (View Post)
Cast availability issues? Nevertheless it fits the story as with Prady in the race Castro's chances were completely destroyed. Also if he had stayed in the race he might have split some votes with Prady and made it easier for Alicia to win. Of course Castro zealously wants Alicia to lose.
Doesn't seem it was that since Cerveris tweeted he was surprised Castro dropped out. And I actually think Prady and Alicia would split the vote more. But I do agree Castro would have no chance. But really I feel Castro would have fought at least a little bit more.

--- Alicia Florrick