Old 10-18-2014, 06:39 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 6.05 - Episode Discussion Thread - Shiny Objects

Episode 6.05 - Shiny Objects

WRITTEN BY: Keith Eisner
DIRECTED BY: Fred Toye
AIRDATE: 10/19/2014

Summary

When Alicia and Dean represent a fired female CEO in a sex discrimination suit against her company, they face a tough defense team in familiar foes Elsbeth Tascioni and Rayna Hecht. Meanwhile, a hacker seizes control and threatens to delete all of Florrick/Agos/Lockhart’s files, sending the firm into panic mode when he demands a ransom
Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-19-2014, 11:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

A 5th fantastic episode in a row. Every character has such interesting plot right now and it shows.

- Diane going back to LG to ask her email back was at first PAINFUL to watch, then splendid.
- I don't recall ever being scared of the opposition (because of Elspeth) in cases as our guys usually win or then it ends with a tie. Uumm, is this case going to continue?
- The ending was great.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:25 PM
Elite Fan

So so many wrong things with this episode. I really didn't even enjoy. Not even the ending which was great was able to save the episode for me.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-20-2014, 08:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Kalinda/Lana! They're trying to bring Kalinda out of her shell through Lana.

I thought the Elsbeth imagination thing was a bit over the top. I understand that they were trying to show us what goes on in her mind, but there were just one too many quirk moments. I loved her scenes with Josh Perotti though.

Kyle MacLachlan's name was not in the opening credits which was weird. I kept waiting for it to appear and thought they cut his scenes.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

It makes NO SENSE that Alicia decided to run for SA and didn't tell her partners at her FIRM even once.... no sense at all
Old 10-21-2014, 02:36 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
It makes NO SENSE that Alicia decided to run for SA and didn't tell her partners at her FIRM even once.... no sense at all
This I agree with. Other than that I liked the episode. Liked the Peter/Alicia fight. Alicia is really coming up for herself lately, which I love. She really changed throughout the years. Seeing Lana again was lovely and I also enjoyed seeing lots of Elsbeth. Her thoughts were a bit too much imo, but it was still enjoyable to see. I did love the penguin sequence, haha.

The case with the malware was just funny. It gave Kalinda something to do, which was nice Lockhard Gardner is going to be sooo upset if Diane is going through with her plan...I am going to love it!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:03 AM
New Fan

This episode left a bad taste in my mouth. I just didn't enjoy it apart from the Kalinda/Lana scenes... but even that last scene with them left me feeling sad for Kalinda.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

I was delighted with all the Lana. They really made up for her not being in season 5, IMO.

Very enjoyable episode for me
I made my icon.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was thinking there would be a 3rd candidate (Geneva Pine), but the deadline for it has run over. Just a thought.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

havent' watched yet, but intend to.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Substance (View Post)
I was thinking there would be a 3rd candidate (Geneva Pine), but the deadline for it has run over. Just a thought.
I would give anything for Geneva!!

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-10-2014, 11:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Elsbeth Tascioni was having some hard times concentrating on the case. Seeing cartoons and weird combos in her mind. She never seemed to have this many problems doing her job. Sure she had some weird thoughts or little things gave her ideas, but this time she was really out there. Alicia was worried about her helping Reyna Hecht at first. She had to fill in Dean about Elsbeth. Josh Perotti blocking the suit against Camille Vargas sex discrimination case was a twist at the end. Honorable Greg Brochard had problems in his court. Alicia seemed to know how to manipulate Elsbeth's thought process after a bit. We also see that Josh Perotti is there and he wants Elsbeth.
I have Aspergers but I don't see all that stuff Elsbeth did. Sometimes I laugh about a certain scene or joke way to long. But I don't see clowns of penguins just because I hear about it or see a picture. I do miss social ques and not always get jokes, but not see a anvil fall on Wile E. Coyotes head unless I want it to. I may look at something a differeet way,but not that different.

Diane and David Lee talking over the lease of his office space was interesting.

The highjacked computer story line was interesting. Diane not knowing to not press the key seems a bit odd. But it happens, way to much in the world. Carey Zepps and Kalinda were working on that case. Cute calling the hotline. Kalinda using Lana Delaney, in more ways then one, to get information about the case. Lana admits shes gay. I think Kalinda and Lana together kind of turned on Cary Agos. Just the way he looked when they were talking. Nice to that all helped cover the ransom. Diane's email going to her old address at L/G/C was funny. She had to talk to David Lee to try and solve it. Him threatening to tear up her email, made me giggle. The tracking down of Mr Black had a few twists like Mr. Alex Kellner and almost ending it there. Kalinda finally talking to "Mr Black", Boris Ivankov in Russia, and him thinking she could not do anything. Her "Anti-Putin" Virus got to him,lol. Made him give in.
The cockroach and the dripping water on Diane's chair,(Just move it), show they have much more to fix in the building.

Alicia and Peter(and Eli) had problems when she wanted Finn to introduce her for her States Attorney coming out announcement. But Peter stepped up on the end and let Finn announce her first. Then he did 2nd and he stood behind her like she did him. Good Job Peter!

Yes Geneva Pine would be great.

Last edited by Kiki17; 11-11-2014 at 09:13 AM