Old 10-11-2014, 10:30 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 6.04 - Episode Discussion Thread - Oppo Research

Episode 6.04 - Oppo Research

WRITTEN BY: Robert and Michelle King
DIRECTED BY: Matt Shakman
AIRDATE: 10/12/2014

Summary

When Alicia agrees to further explore the option of running for State’s Attorney, Eli brings a respected campaign manager into the fold to help her decide once and for all
Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-12-2014, 09:58 PM
New Fan

It is genius how they used the talk show and the gospel singing to underscore Alicia's "interview", especially Zack's alleged indiscretion. This kind of creativity is part of what keeps TGW fresh. For nearly a half hour the show featured just three characters and it never once lost its savor. A credit to the fine talents of the three actors involved and excellent direction.

That this episode could be compelling without a side case to try on the part of the lawyers is another testimony to how fine this show is. I liked the return of focus on Alicia's family. It was a welcome break from all the 'drama' from the end of last season and the beginning of the this season.

I like the scenes with Lamond Bishop, how they were on a dark street with both Kalinda and Alicia. It is all about the "scent".

I think that episode represents another turn in the series. One I am not unhappy to see.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

i liked the episode a lot. i liked the new guy.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Didn't get what they were after with the talk show.

Everything about this episode was delicious. If this show is about Alicia's transformation, there hasn't been this much of it in a single episode since In Sickness.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

That was by far the best episode of the season so far. Sooooo damn good. I am still like shocked at how good it was.

That last scene with Zach was so cold, literally still hurts.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-13-2014, 11:28 AM
New Fan

I loved the episode. This season somehow really gets me. Last season I was mostly bored, but so far: so good.
I hope it continues this way.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
That was by far the best episode of the season so far. Sooooo damn good. I am still like shocked at how good it was.

That last scene with Zach was so cold, literally still hurts.
Amazing episode indeed. Like always I was sad the episode had to end. A lot of Alicia, which is nice, since the show and her evolution are the most important part of the show.

Bit mad about Kalinda denying she was Alicia's best friend ( even though you can read that in other ways aswell ), but other than that the episode was great.

Loved all the secrets that came out and the mention of Peter and Kalinda, because it felt like the show forgot about it. Glad it was mentioned, even though it destroyed the Alicia/Kalinda friendship. Owen and his gay lover made me giggle like crazy. Veronica's ''You'd love Bali!'' was hilarious.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I have watched it 5 times already which is more than with any other TGW episode over the years.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Substance (View Post)
Yeah, I have watched it 5 times already which is more than with any other TGW episode over the years.
HAHA! Me too! I seen it like five times.

Quote:
A lot of Alicia, which is nice, since the show and her evolution are the most important part of the show.
Yesss a lot. And omg was Alicia wrong, I mean the way she talked to Zach was cold. I still adore her and thought the episode was great, but wow her attitude shocked me to the core.

Quote:
Glad it was mentioned, even though it destroyed the Alicia/Kalinda friendshi
It kind of hurts when they mention it like that. Sigh.

Owen cracked me up and I didn't feel bad for him at all

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-14-2014, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

this season has been good so far. don't know how I feel about Alicia and finn.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
this season has been good so far. don't know how I feel about Alicia and finn.
Finnn bores me to death, but that is my own issue with him. So I can't really get on board there. However what did you all think about the DUI, did Finn set her up? I am not sure if that was suppose to be left open for interpretation?

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-14-2014, 02:45 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Finnn bores me to death, but that is my own issue with him. So I can't really get on board there. However what did you all think about the DUI, did Finn set her up? I am not sure if that was suppose to be left open for interpretation?
At some level you could say he was framing Alicia ( wanting her to drink, etc ), but at the other hand...he wanted her to take a cab, etc, so that could hint to him protecting her. In any case..I am pretty sure he knew about the plan to give Alicia a DUI. He seems nice to me, so I hope he didn't frame her.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
At some level you could say he was framing Alicia ( wanting her to drink, etc ), but at the other hand...he wanted her to take a cab, etc, so that could hint to him protecting her. In any case..I am pretty sure he knew about the plan to give Alicia a DUI. He seems nice to me, so I hope he didn't frame her.
I sort of hope he didn't most cause hell every single person that gets close to her would screw her. But we don't really know much about Finn, I guess is possible? But he if did know why didn't he warn her? Or did he think the cab thing was enough?

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-15-2014, 09:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
However what did you all think about the DUI, did Finn set her up? I am not sure if that was suppose to be left open for interpretation?
Finn told Alicia to take a cab, and he warned her about Castro, that he overheard Castro say he'll hit her where she's vulnerable. So it seems to me Finn is very much on Alicia's side. I didn't get the vibe that he'd set her up. I wouldn't be surprised if Castro already has people following Alicia. They probably saw her at the bar with Finn. Maybe Castro will even use the photo of Finn leaving her apartment and their bar encounters (perhaps more in the future) to suggest she's having an affair.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I didn't get the vibe that he'd set her up.
I didn't get that either. And I agree with you Castro probably already has someone following her. I just wonder like did Finn know it was going to happen that night given his cab comment?

Quote:
Maybe Castro will even use the photo of Finn leaving her apartment and their bar encounters (perhaps more in the future) to suggest she's having an affair.
Probably. I wonder if he drops the A/W affair.

--- Alicia Florrick