Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-19-2014, 07:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBrunetti (View Post)
Also, I didn't really get why we kept hearing the phrase "Empty Nest" cos Zach is going to college... does Grace not still live it the apartment?
I kept thinking this too!! It's like "ummm, in case you've forgotten, you still have ANOTHER CHILD at home...

Also, what was the point of showing that picture of Peter in the Governor's office defaced when that little plot point never actually went anywhere?
My thought after seeing the promo was that maybe Peter turned the little blog girl down and she got angry about it and this was her (oh so mature) way of acting out. I guess we may never know what happened with her now.

I can't really see Alicia running for office... I mean, she just HATES the campaign world so much. Also, Eli must be outside his mind thinking of asking her, knowing full well how hard she is to deal with when it comes to that stuff I mean, one could argue that it would be different because that was for Peter and this would be for her, but her principles would still be the same as far as privacy and access goes I would think. It would honestly be pretty damn amusing to watch. I think Eli's head would explode, which is always entertaining.

If there's ever a Good Wife spin-off and Carrie Preston (Elspeth) is not available, my next vote goes to Jackie and Veronica. Maybe they can live in the same retirement apartment building and spend all their free time pranking each other and arguing over everything and everyone.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Madly Deeply (View Post)
Nothing good is left here. Only the word in the title. They are trying too hard - it's not real anymore. I have more good in my life than the people in this show. Maybe that was the intention - to make me happy with my life.

I'm just sad.
Ditto. Nothing makes much sense. The loss of the LG name, the Peter/Alicia ambiguity, Kalinda drifting, Cary flailing in all directions, Diane taking a subordinate position in a start-up firm, no apparent purpose for Finn to be there, Alicia going political..a total 180 personality-wise, and worst of all......the mere existence of Louis Canning. In their post-finale interview the Kings said that Michael J. Fox is interested in sticking around, therefore they're writing stories around him. What? You start with an actor and adjust your plots to fit him rather than the other way around? Nuts. IMO.

Another thing RK said is that when relationships get too close things get tedious. Glad I'm not living on his planet.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karma7 (View Post)
Ditto. Nothing makes much sense. The loss of the LG name, the Peter/Alicia ambiguity, Kalinda drifting, Cary flailing in all directions, Diane taking a subordinate position in a start-up firm, no apparent purpose for Finn to be there, Alicia going political..a total 180 personality-wise, and worst of all......the mere existence of Louis Canning. In their post-finale interview the Kings said that Michael J. Fox is interested in sticking around, therefore they're writing stories around him. What? You start with an actor and adjust your plots to fit him rather than the other way around? Nuts. IMO.

Another thing RK said is that when relationships get too close things get tedious. Glad I'm not living on his planet.

I didn't see that. I'm sorry, but I didn't. I'm sorry that Diane wasn't able to stave off Lee and Canning's takeover attempt, but . . . hey, at least the series has taken a new turn. I also realize that many don't like the idea of major changes in a series' setting, but sometimes a writer has to really shake things up to remain fresh. And as it had been pointed out, a merger between L&G and F&A would have been disastrous for most of the employees of F&A. Diane may have lost her firm, but Alicia and Cary have not. As for Alicia running for State's Attorney . . . I guess we'll see how that pan out. I suspect that Kalinda will end up working at F&A.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:28 PM
New Fan

Didn't really care for the finale. Which is a shame because TGW is known for its awesome season finale episodes. This story was all over the place but still managed to be boring at the same time. It was an episode of deal making, offerings and mergers. And the ending moment fell very flat for me. You could tell they were trying to recreate a moment similar to last years awesome "I'm in" ending, but the suggestion that Alicia should run for State's Attorney is laughable and uninteresting at the same time.

I don't understand why everyone was telling Alicia that she was going to have an "empty nest" with Zach leaving for college when Grace is 2 years his junior and still in high school. Unless they're shipping her off to boarding school I imagine she is still living at home.

The rapey moment with Cary and Kalinda in bed was the worst part of the whole episode. You could tell when Kalinda said to "get off" that she was feeling threatened and uncomfortable, and Cary was just a jerk. The whole episode took a shot at making him the most hated character.

And the idea of Diane leaving LG and putting a nail in the coffin that is Lockhart/Gardner makes me so sad. I can't imagine The Good Wife without Lockhart/Gardner, it's the last shred of Will's presence and I don't want to see it gone.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Ann (View Post)
Didn't really care for the finale. Which is a shame because TGW is known for its awesome season finale episodes. This story was all over the place but still managed to be boring at the same time. It was an episode of deal making, offerings and mergers. And the ending moment fell very flat for me. You could tell they were trying to recreate a moment similar to last years awesome "I'm in" ending, but the suggestion that Alicia should run for State's Attorney is laughable and uninteresting at the same time.

I don't understand why everyone was telling Alicia that she was going to have an "empty nest" with Zach leaving for college when Grace is 2 years his junior and still in high school. Unless they're shipping her off to boarding school I imagine she is still living at home.

The rapey moment with Cary and Kalinda in bed was the worst part of the whole episode. You could tell when Kalinda said to "get off" that she was feeling threatened and uncomfortable, and Cary was just a jerk. The whole episode took a shot at making him the most hated character.

And the idea of Diane leaving LG and putting a nail in the coffin that is Lockhart/Gardner makes me so sad. I can't imagine The Good Wife without Lockhart/Gardner, it's the last shred of Will's presence and I don't want to see it gone.
I completely agree with everything you said. Didn't' enjoy the finale at all and I'm not really surprised I didn't either.
To see Diane leave something she built with Will, something she worked SO HARD FOR, was just heartbreaking. It made me really sad.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
- Cary/Kalinda is over.
I don't believe it will ever be over since it's just something the writers do when they have nothing left to do with them and that's way too often.

Quote:
They are both idiots if they continue with the charade.
Not that the writers have a problem with that.

Quote:
I read an interview the Kings did that was posted after the finale last night and unfortunately they said they want to continue exploring their relationship
see? Maybe because it's the only relationship Julianna doesn't care about so they can "explore" it at will

Are they trying to make Archie quit? Is that the point of all this abuse?

Quote:
- Diane joining F/A wasn't, but it is intriguing.
It wasn't? I don't know. Not like there was much else they could do to keep Diane on the show now that Will is dead.

Quote:
Really like the Diane/Kalinda bond. It's a dynamic they should have explored a long time ago. Loved that Diane referred to Kalinda as her "Girl Friday".
I knooooow! Not that it will be happening again since Kalinda won't be joining Diane at Florrick Central but it was good while it lasted.

Quote:
If she didn't want to run for State's Attorney (and wow I got really angry on her behalf when they offered her that tbh)
That's the option that made more sense to keep the cast together I think but obviously that's not the way they decided to go.

Quote:
I can't really see Alicia running for office... I mean, she just HATES the campaign world so much.
But JM wants it. Doesn't matter that it doesn't fit Alicia's personality.

Quote:
And as it had been pointed out, a merger between L&G and F&A would have been disastrous for most of the employees of F&A
Should we care about extras in the background and fictional characters we never met instead of our regular characters now?

Quote:
I suspect that Kalinda will end up working at F&A.
With Rapey Cary? Oh joy!

Quote:
The whole episode took a shot at making him the most hated character.
I think you would be surprised. That's not what they intended at all or they would have said it was the end of that. But no, I'm pretty sure RK didn't think it was a big deal.

Quote:
I also realize that many don't like the idea of major changes in a series' setting, but sometimes a writer has to really shake things up to remain fresh.
Sure! And why care about little things like continuity, character, cohesion? You know what works these days? Dragons! Or zombies! They could have aliens also. Hey, maybe Diane was an alien all along

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 05-19-2014, 05:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Not that it will be happening again since Kalinda won't be joining Diane at Florrick Central but it was good while it lasted.
According to the Kings, Kalinda will follow Diane next season. Wherever Diane goes, Kalinda goes with her.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
According to the Kings, Kalinda will follow Diane next season. Wherever Diane goes, Kalinda goes with her.
So now we know for sure that Alicia is going to run
They wouldn't risk them being in the same office by accident or anything.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
So now we know for sure that Alicia is going to run
They wouldn't risk them being in the same office by accident or anything.
But they managed to keep the distance at Lockhart-Gardner last season. They'll definitely have to get some doors at Florrick-Agos though. Their current open concept design does not present enough "structural barrier".
Old 05-19-2014, 06:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Just finished watching the episode and haven't read the previous comments.

It makes sense to me. If I were Eli and I were struggling to find someone not just "endorsable" but a good SA candidate, I'd totally pitch it to Alicia! She said it herself that she's tired so she's probably open to something new.
Meanwhile Cary has been portrayed as the new Will and hey, guess who's there asking for a plca by his side? Diane! So Alicia can try something new while Cary and Diane can manage the firm - of course that would be very interesting to see because of all the obvious challenges that comes with it. Also, having Alicia run would keep Peter storyline. He wouldn't be able to support her too much, but also without his support she can't get anything done so...they can go on with the marriage thing for a good while. Also, it would mean Kalinda and Robyn working together, which might actually be fun to watch. The only piece that I can't fit is Finn. Unless he takes Alicia's place at the firm.
So....we could have a whole new and interesting setting fro Season 6. Or not...maybe I'm just seeing things...
Old 05-19-2014, 10:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgocam (View Post)
But they managed to keep the distance at Lockhart-Gardner last season. They'll definitely have to get some doors at Florrick-Agos though. Their current open concept design does not present enough "structural barrier".
Funny you should say that! TGW's set designer tweeted about doors being in the firm's future!

I think it's totally out of character for the Alicia we've known up until this point to want to run for public office, but it's obvious this isn't just some red herring and structurally it would work for the show. No, I'm not just talking about the Kalicia ban. But there always has to be some source of opposition on the show so away Alicia goes to the SA office just as Kalinda moves in. (Nvm the laundry list of reasons this career move is illogical and unethical.) Also, RK said on the Writers Room Sundance show that aired Monday night that he tries to change the characters every year... which perhaps is true for Alicia. But the character shouldn't be unrecognizable after.

"
Old 05-20-2014, 02:10 AM
Supreme Fan

Honestly I thought the finale was brilliant. It may even be my favorite season finale of the show thus far and that's saying something as I loved the previous finales aswell. This season has been one hell of a ride. A weird year indeed.

The thing I like is that it's unsure for pretty much all characters where they are going to go next season. Some may stay put, but some will be going to different places. There wasn't a huge cliffhanger, but yet you just know things are going to change. Personally I love it when series make a big change and TGW keeps me on the edge of the seat every episode. They don't just write a big twist once a season...no they do it even more than that. It's so exciting.

One of my favorite scenes of the episode was the scene with Diane and Kalinda on the street. Kalinda is really supporting Diane and I love that dynamic. I hope that whereever Diane goes next season...that Kalinda goes with her. If that's to Florrick Agos I guess it's pretty clear Alicia will indeed run for SA, cause if she stays she has to actually work with Kalinda! And we can't have that ofcourse! Alicia running would be a big shock, but not a very realistic one, since we never heard her say happy things about politics. Maybe that changed after Will and I know she said a few episodes back that she wasn't sure if she wanted to be a lawyer anymore, but it still doesn't make sense imo.

The Empy nest....was weird. It felt rushed, and it didn't make sense as Grace is still living at home.

The Victoria/Jackie scenes were pretty nice, but at the same time it kind of distracted me from the rest of the episode, since the rest was so much more exciting.

The Cary/Kalinda bed scene made me cringe. I shipped them at one point..but not like this! That scene was awful. Don't want to use any more words than that.

The whole start with the camera/sound not muted by LG was nice to see. Interesting.

Next season cant be here soon enough for me!

Regarding Peter with that intern :

Spoiler:
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:24 PM
New Fan

This episode was just...okay for me...nothing special. I like the Kalinda and Diane dynamic (but I liked it before too. Kalinda had Diane's back when Will and Bond were plotting against her...but...I guess people forgot about that just like they forgot that Diane threw Will under the bus too in that interview; just like they forgot that Stern (sp?) started the firm, not Will and Diane, who, by the way, warned Alicia about both Diane and Will)...

I am liking the idea of Alicia running for SA less and less...something about it just repels me, other than Alicia doesn't seem to like politics. It's like the Kings think she can't be the new, strong Alicia if she just remains a lawyer for the rest of her life (or maybe a judge eventually)...Now that they did this whole split from L/G, I want to see F/A get a chance. I have to say that I did think Diane might try to join F/A...simply because she didn't seem to have too m any options left...wouldn't I love to see Alicia, Diane and Kalinda drinking together? Never gonna happen but...sigh.

As for Cary and Kalinda...someone please make it stop. It's creepy...I kind of wish she had hurt him after he wouldn't get off...what are they...trying to make him the new Nick???? It just doesn't work; time to leave it.

Liked the Jackie and Veronica getting drunk while making dinner...I honestly would've preferred seeing more of that to that creepy Cary and Kalinda scene...and you know it's bad when I'd rather watch Jackie scenes than Kalinda scenes!!! Anyway, for the first time I'm considering dropping the show (I've watched since it started...) Maybe I'll see what they do witht he first few episodes next season...
Old 05-21-2014, 05:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Was Kalinda reluctant to go with Diane to the governor's office because she didn't want to be in the same room as Peter, or did she really think she wasn't the right person for that meeting? But Peter and Kalinda didn't act too awkward when they met. I guess they've both found a way to forget their sordid past together.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Alicia run would keep Peter storyline. He wouldn't be able to support her too much, but also without his support she can't get anything done so
*this* pisses me off *so much* and I don't even care about Alicia anymore but giving her Peter-dependent storylines to keep Peter occupied is so... backwards!
Also, can we get to the part where she exercizes some of this priceless independence we have been hearing about for 4 seasons?
Can she do anything or get anything that doesn't have to do with whomever she's sleeping with or is married to? Talk about a female-led show

Quote:
Also, it would mean Kalinda and Robyn working together,
Well the whole point of Robyn was that F/A would have an investigator to work with since Kalinda wasn't an option so it'll make Kalinda redundant. I was going to say Robyn but obviously Kalinda is the redundant one these days.

Quote:
But there always has to be some source of opposition on the show
Diane running for SA and Kalinda going back to the SA's office would have worked even better tbh and it wouldn't have made 80% of the cast superfluous.

Quote:
RK said on the Writers Room Sundance show that aired Monday night that he tries to change the characters every year... which perhaps is true for Alicia. But the character shouldn't be unrecognizable after.
somebody please buy this man a book on characterization. Yeah it's not about changing characters just to give the writers options (that they mostly choose to ignore but that's another issue)

Quote:
Personally I love it when series make a big change
Me too but only if it's interesting change. I'm a fan of Person of Interest because they literally tear down the show every season and they have the balls to pick up where they left off. They don't just shake things up a little to make it look different and pretend nothing happened right after or go about the same storylines as if nothing had changed. Also they bring new characters and explore new relationships but never forget the core ones.

Quote:
They don't just write a big twist once a season...no they do it even more than that.
That's definitely not a sign of good writing for me. Good drama doesn't come for big shocker twists. It comes from narrative and characters.

Quote:
If that's to Florrick Agos I guess it's pretty clear Alicia will indeed run for SA, cause if she stays she has to actually work with Kalinda! And we can't have that ofcourse!
Yeah they pretty much showed their hand here, unwillingly ofc since we're apparently too stupid to see what's really going on with the A/K thing
but it could also just be Alicia staying and Kalinda being shuffled from one disgusting Cary scene to the next for the whole season.
Although Julianna expressed her wishes so I guess we all know where the show will go.

Quote:
Alicia running would be a big shock, but not a very realistic one, since we never heard her say happy things about politics.
Doesn't seem to matter to Julianna.

Quote:
The Cary/Kalinda bed scene made me cringe. I shipped them at one point..but not like this! That scene was awful. Don't want to use any more words than that.
Please tell the writers. I don't know where they are going with this but it's only getting worse each season and they keep on going so they must think somebody likes it

Quote:
But Peter and Kalinda didn't act too awkward when they met. I guess they've both found a way to forget their sordid past together.
Maybe the writers forgot all about it wouldn't be the first time.