Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-27-2014, 04:48 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 5.19 Episode Discussion Thread - Tying the Knot (04/27/14)

Episode 5.19 - Tying the Knot

WRITTEN BY: Nichelle Tramble Spellman
DIRECTED BY: Josh Charles
AIRDATE: 04/27/2014

Summary

When Alicia pays a visit to longtime client Colin Sweeney, she finds herself in the unwanted role of witness when a body is discovered in his home. Meanwhile, Eli steps in when an unfortunate picture of Zach threatens to become a public relations nightmare for Peter,

Cast List and Stills

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 04-27-2014, 04:53 PM
Elite Fan

Josh directing, Sweeney and Laura Benanti (finally!!) I'm in!

Old 04-27-2014, 10:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

The show is really starting to be on a roll again.

- Zack is doing drugs.
- Eli had the best line of his life with "give me an hour (to get 7000 signatures).
- Finn's scene in court was great.
- Diane ughh...
- Owen wasn't as funny as usual.
- Sweeney was and this new wife of his is just nuts.

It was actually very refreshing to not see one scene of L&G other than Kalinda and Diane at the courthouse. I even forgot that there was a Canning thing going on.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
- Zack is doing drugs.
Zach is not doing drugs

Speaking of him, I really liked how he confronted Alicia about being "Bill and Hillary". It was about time the Florrick kids say something about their parents' marriage

I really enjoyed Laura Benanti and Dylan Barker was splendid as usual.
I am not gonna lie, it made me feel a liiiitle bit better knowing that Josh was there with the cast

As for Owen, I was expecting Alicia to open up a little bit more, I don't know....

The rhythm of the episode was great too, very entertaining. And Josh did a great job, I loved that shot when Diane first appeared

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 04-28-2014, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Substance (View Post)
The show is really starting to be on a roll again.

- Zack is doing drugs.
- Eli had the best line of his life with "give me an hour (to get 7000 signatures).
- Finn's scene in court was great.
- Diane ughh...
- Owen wasn't as funny as usual.
- Sweeney was and this new wife of his is just nuts.

It was actually very refreshing to not see one scene of L&G other than Kalinda and Diane at the courthouse. I even forgot that there was a Canning thing going on.
Alicia/cary love their team and eli
Old 04-28-2014, 10:53 AM
Elite Fan

Episode left me wanting more, I need more I mean it was a good filler episode. But I feel like where is this all going?

-Finn is nice and sweet, and I feel bad for the dude (and hot). But that's it. After 4 episode he is now becoming...plain and boring. If all I can say is that he is a good guy and I feel bad for him, is going to get old real quick.
-Owen/Alicia Owen not pushing his own agenda just letting Alicia be, that was wonderful. And questioning (thank god) this decision which is really confusing, even to him. Heck even to her.
-Zach bb, thank you for putting Alicia and Peter charade on blast. About time someone did it
-Sweeney still creepy and Renata was soooo creepy too. I liked her, she was a odd one
-The lack of K is just criminal. I made my peace with K/A being dead. I am making my peace with lots of things this day, currently working on making my peace with A/P being dead too
-Why Peter would endorse Finn is beyond me? (I mean I get it, if I rationally think about it, sure I can think of the reasons but I still DON"T GET IT)
-Eli
-Alicia and Cary, lets hope RK doesn't take that away as well

Overall episode was just ok. I just need resolution on some issues, I am feeling quite impatient.

Kudos to Josh he killed it!

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-28-2014, 11:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
-Why Peter would endorse Finn is beyond me? (I mean I get it, if I rationally think about it, sure I can think of the reasons but I still DON"T GET IT)
I am clueless Alicia didn't even mention Finn to Peter. Does Peter even know Finn? I mean, know him well enough to endorse him. Am I missing something?

Old 04-28-2014, 11:27 AM
Supreme Fan

It was a good episode, but I agree that it felt a bit more ''filler'' than the previous episodes. It didn't affect the quality though. Some good things :

- Finn in the race of state's attorney. I actually like his addition to the cast. His face when he saw that Peter supported him was amazing.

- Owen returned. Yay. Glad for his talk with Alicia, they are great together. Poor Alicia. I understood why she didnt want to talk about Will too much...she has been quite emotional lately, and it's understandable she doesn't want to focus on the sadness all the time. Owen was still there for her though.

- Zach's story line was confusing, but has good potential. Is he doing drugs, or not?

- The case was pretty good. Always nice to see Colin Sweeney. He's so creepy! His fiancee deserves him..

Major thing I didn't like : Kalinda's lack of scenes. She had more scenes lately, but she was strongly underused this episode. Hope she gets more screentime next week!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
I am clueless Alicia didn't even mention Finn to Peter. Does Peter even know Finn? I mean, know him well enough to endorse him. Am I missing something?
I think a few things where at play but really I am as clueless as you
Only thing I can think of is, Eli told Peter Alicia had asked for the signature, Castro obviously pissed him off and he wanted to stick it to him, he met Finn briefly where he mentioned Alicia was his lawyer. So *maybe* Peter thinks, Alicia wants him as states attorney that's enough for me, given that I want to stick it to Castro??? (HONESTLY MAKES NO SENSE I mean in a way it does but it also seems sloppy, rushed for no damn reason)

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-28-2014, 11:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Mr. and the future Mrs. Sweeney are made for each other. We see that he knew about it, or participated. Diane did her job to well and beat Finn. Should Alicia tell someone? Diane, or Finn or the authorities? I know she can't be charged again. Maybe if she could she could put a bug in NSA ears like she did for Louis Canning. I would imagine if they were listening to Colin Sweeney's conversations that he would say something to Renata Ellard about the murder/hanging of Morgan Donnally. I know at the party Alicia had a lot on her mind but was surprised she mixed up Demetrius Rowe and Barry Hilton going up the stairs. Colin calling to Renata, "Come on killer!" so smug.

I figured Finn would loose his job. I think Peter backing up Finn Polmar has two things behind it. First as he stated States Attorney James Castro does not like Alicia. 2nd, He knows Alicia is friends with/helping Finn after the shooting in the court room. So he wants to stay on Alicia's good side and hopefully work his way back in to her heart. Show her he is there for her and still loves her. And I believe he believed her when she said she wasn't separating to have a new lover. But Castro telling Peter he is making a very large mistake didn't help.

Poor Eli don't want Peter loosing popularity. Did he tell Peter about the Zach picture?

Not sure if Zach is using pot, or if Shauna Norrell(sp?) is trying to get him in trouble. Eli called Alicia, her and Owen(Unforgettable) do an intervention as he stated it. But it didn't tell if Zach was a user or if we will find out he was taking it away from Shauna. Maybe Robyn will have to dig deeper into it.
Tidbits--Finn and Alicia's flash backs were vivid. Bill and Hillary compare was funny, and Sweeney's new glasses were weird. Also after Owens, "She needs to get laid", what was Alicia thinking in her room as she leaned on the door? Also thought before we found out Renata did kill Morgan that Renata and Kalinda would have been a good match. And later, well if Renata tried to take out Kalinda, she wouldn't be so easy.

Last edited by webruce; 04-28-2014 at 01:19 PM Reason: period replacement.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I think a few things where at play but really I am as clueless as you
Only thing I can think of is, Eli told Peter Alicia had asked for the signature, Castro obviously pissed him off and he wanted to stick it to him, he met Finn briefly where he mentioned Alicia was his lawyer. So *maybe* Peter thinks, Alicia wants him as states attorney that's enough for me, given that I want to stick it to Castro??? (HONESTLY MAKES NO SENSE I mean in a way it does but it also seems sloppy, rushed for no damn reason)
I think it makes perfect sense. If you rewatch the episode it is easier to pay attention to all the small details. First of all Peter wasn't impressed at all with Castro in the meeting (in which Castro spent most of his time shoveling dirt over Finn). So when Peter noticed that Eli is gathering signatures for Finn, it was in-line with his nature to choose the underdog.

Was it rushed? At least it was surprising.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

And Peter also noticed something wrong was going on with him and Alicia so I guess he put 2 and 2 together.

It was rushed but I like being surprised

Old 04-28-2014, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Major thing I didn't like : Kalinda's lack of scenes. She had more scenes lately, but she was strongly underused this episode. Hope she gets more screentime next week!
so I guess Kalinda's supposed "big storyline" at the end of the season was... half an episode of going after the guy who killed Will, yeah?
But then compared to what she had to do for the past 2 seasons, it is pretty big.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:13 PM
New Fan

I didn't love this episode. It had its moments but it left me in a state of meh. Haha not the most articulate description but really, not sure how to put it better. I like the way Peter handled Castro...I loved Finn's face when he saw Peter is endorsing him...haha...Loved the knowing look between Kalinda and Sweeney's intended but that's about it.

Oddly, for the first time ever, I didn't like Owen. He was too much of a brat in this episode. I don't know...That's all I can really say for now.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:43 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
so I guess Kalinda's supposed "big storyline" at the end of the season was... half an episode of going after the guy who killed Will, yeah?
But then compared to what she had to do for the past 2 seasons, it is pretty big.
Starting to think this is true, which is a shame...she is strongly underused. Are the writers afraid of writing something for her after the terribly handled Nick storyline? They want her to remain somewhat mysterious and bi-curious, but instead of trying to come up with original storylines they do nothing but give her some sex interactions and some mourning. Oh, and work with Diane. That's about it. I'm usually defending the writers ( and I still have trust in them - and other than Kalinda this past episode was GREAT again ), but the Kalinda issue is starting to scare me somewhat. I don't want Archie to leave the show or something.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.