Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-20-2014, 02:05 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 5.18 Episode Discussion Thread - All Tapped Out (04/20/14)

Episode 5.18 - All Tapped Out

WRITTEN BY: Matthew Montaya & Julia Wolfe
DIRECTED BY: Felix Alcala
AIRDATE: 04/20/2014

Summary

Florrick/Agos takes on the case of an NSA whistleblower, only to learn that the agency has been monitoring the firm as well as Alicia’s personal life. Meanwhile, Diane faces the difficult task of working alongside Louis Canning when he joins Lockhart/Gardner. Also, Alicia goes after the State’s Attorney when he attempts to make Finn a scapegoat in the Jeffrey Grant case

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-20-2014, 04:05 PM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT!
Old 04-20-2014, 04:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

I am going to hate this episode. Canning...

Edit: Several hours later.

Actually it was really good!!! Smart cases. Alicia resurrected. A/P actually has some hope? Peter was amazing in this. So was Eli, the Peter-Eli phone call scene to that senator dude was very entertaining. Are we finally saying goodbye to the NSA's office? The car sale thing hahahahahahahahaha. I just wonder how this Al Qaida... I actually I am not sure how to spell that and I don't even want to google it or NSA is gonna go all surveilance on me. Anyways, I wonder if the Al Qaida phone call to Canning is going to play out in any way or was it just a way to amuse the audience. I just hope that he gets thrown out soon because he is devious *******.

Last edited by Substance; 04-20-2014 at 11:17 PM
Old 04-21-2014, 05:19 AM
Loyal Fan

TFTNT!!! This episode was quite entertaining. I liked all the NSA episodes and this was a good end (hope it was the end of that) It had its moments.
Eli and Peter scene was great. Almost everyone in this episode kicked ass. "It's time to kick some ass" indeed. And Canning didn't get on my nerves.
I like Finn but please not as a romantic interest for Alicia.I think it won't happen - he's married and has a son. And I also liked that we see how Alicia gets on with her life and reverts to her old self. All it took was the NSA threat which could have destroyed her professional life but whatever the reason it was good to see the Kick ass Alicia.
I wonder how RK plans on ending this season. Is there still a possibility for a LG and F/A merger ?

Last edited by replendentmiasma; 04-21-2014 at 05:32 AM
Old 04-21-2014, 07:03 AM
Elite Fan

Hell I can't remember the last time an NSA episode was actually interesting. Maybe is cause this is the end of that arc and that makes me happy

Goshhhh I am so glad to have Alicia back, I am not sure I could have taken another episode of sadness for her is just too much. I am so glad she pushed to jump back in. And what better way to do it then by someone doing something unfair to her

Eli is a hot mess I tell you

Canning....sigh I can do without. I really hope he doesn't stay longer than the 4 episode arc He is so lucky wasn't trying to bust his head it, cause she could have with the baseball

Clarke I love the way they have used him this year, just very well done!

Cary gave me the hots last night Taking charge while Alicia wasn't all there. It was about time he did, is his firm too

Finn still a nice guy. I am glad Alicia helped him, so glad she got the fight in her to take on the SA.

Alicia and Peter they are always a force even when they are not together it hurts even more now! Damn you RK

Diane, poor baby, so many changes to her firm. I am glad though she told Canning what all fans where thinking.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-21-2014, 09:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Good to see the NSA story put to bed. Clever resolution.

Are we going to have angry Alicia from now on? That'll be just as one-note as repressed Alicia.

Nice to see the Florricks behaving civilly, and an end to that sham of a marriage.

I hope we get Finn's back-story before the season finale.

No more Michael J. Fox ple-e-e-e-ze! Louis Canning is a loathesome little worm. Once he sorts out the expansion mess, they need to find a way to cut him loose.

Not loving TGW like I used to but giving it the benefit of the doubt for another month.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:18 PM
New Fan

I really liked this one! Good to see Alicia on her game and kicking ass...and...I loved Peter this episode...Hehehe I have a bit of a love/hate thing with him...Come to think of it, so does Alicia! (though probably more of the latter, especially lately...and justifiably so). I do hope that that truly is the end of that arc though. Then again, there's Canning...Alicia deliberately mentioning all those buzz words...I have a feeling it might come back to bite her (Canning is a nasty piece of work), or possibly Diane and/or Kalinda...If they start listening to Canning, it might lead them to Kalinda and who knows what she was or wasn't involved with in her life before LG...I seriously doubt anyone will be asking about what happened to Nick though

Speaking of which...I wish Kalinda had chucked the baseball at Canning...hehe Man...I never really liked Will that much but I have to say I do miss him. Sigh. Canning will never be the new Will. And, I have a feeling Kalinda and Diane are up to something...or very soon will be. I initially thought the ease with which Kalinda told him what Diane wanted her to do was strange but that's probably normal under such circumstances and he's no idiot so he knew something was up. Having said that, I really hope those two have something up their collective sleeve to get rid of him...

As for an L/G and F/A merger...I don't think that's in the works, at least not as things currently are. I don't see Alicia, Cary and Clark working at any firm with David Lee in it. Perhaps David Lee pulls a whole bunch of other lawyers and they join Canning and leave LG; Alicia ends up going back to Diane and Cary...well, it's anyone's guess. If it's the nice Cary, he remains with Alicia and Diane; if it's S2 Cary, he joins Lee and Canning...No idea if any of this would happen but it's fun to speculate
Old 04-23-2014, 09:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Story line A) Cary trying to make a deal with Diane on the merger. But she backed away. Nice to see Julius Cain back. Nice his absence was explained that he was at the NY office, and not like he was there working cases and we didn't see him. Is he the head of the NY office? If not, maybe Canning and Lee could go lead it, lol Also didn't Louis Canning have Patti Nyholm as his partner?
David Lee brought in Louis Canning. Diane saying about "putting the Fox in charge" or whatever was funny. Then him telling Kalinda, "I'm the new Will!" Kalinda, nice throw of Will's ball, replying, "Your not the new Will!" Later it seemed that Diane liked his work. Canning said he has changed, but then he told Diane and Kalinda, " I maybe a scumbag, but hey, I'm your scumbag!" So to me he will be more of a Damien Boyle then a Will Gardner.

Story line B) Alicia stepped up and finally put Jimmy Castro and the board away on the charge Finn Pulmar accusations on the Jeffrey Grant case. Even if they said it wasn't about that it turned into it fast. Was nice to see Matan Brody and you could tell by the look on his face when Alicia went after States Attorney Castro. Alecias immortal words, "Go down on him?" Finn and Matan couldn't hide their smirks.

Story line C2) Cary Argos and Clarke Hayden working on the case of NSA contractor Jeff Dallinger and his problems at work. It was nice to get back at boss Charles Froins. Especially after Jeff's complaint was taken from Roger Garber right to Froins. Then all that mediation stalling.
Nice he got his job back. But those 4 "listeners" do a lot more then just listen to phone conversations. Not sure who planted the "Car For Sale" flyers, but it was funny all the calls Froins got and he later got fired. Also Alicia putting the bug in NSA ears about Louis Canning, lol Very good!

Story Line C1) Well Peter Florrick took care of the NSA tapping problems. Calling Senator Bill and even though he told Peter it was clear had to give in as Peter talked about a confidential West Gate Construction deal. Nice that Peter pushed him to stop the taps. Eli saying, " I am not worthy!" was good. Then when Alicia came to thank him and they went over his itinerary, I thought that they both might have 2nd thoughts about the fight they had. Time will tell. A good and full episode.

Last edited by webruce; 04-23-2014 at 09:21 AM Reason: spacing, it all comes down to spacing.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:51 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Not sure who planted the "Car For Sale" flyers, but it was funny all the calls Froins got and he later got fired.
My guess is that Peter was responsible - he asked the senator for the relevant contact info...
Old 04-23-2014, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't like alicia and peter together.