Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-13-2014, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 5.17 Episode Discussion Thread - A Material World (04/13/14)

Episode 5.17 - A Material World

WRITTEN BY: Craig Turk
DIRECTED BY: Griffin Dunne
AIRDATE: 04/13/2014

Summary

Alicia and Diane consider merging their firms in the wake of Will’s death, even as they find themselves on opposite sides of a contentious divorce suit. Meanwhile, Alicia offers assistance to Finn when it becomes clear that the State’s Attorney is looking for a scapegoat in the Jeffrey Grant case

Cast List and Stills

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 04-13-2014, 09:49 PM
Extreme Fan

David Lee is a bit of a bigot, isn't he? I'm watching some of the Season 2 episodes and I've noticed how he disregarded Derrick Bond, while the latter was just trying to become a part of the firm . . . before everything fell apart. And now he thinks that Diane is weak, now that Will is dead. Does he have any idea how ruthless Diane can be? Or does he think because she is a woman, he can stomp all over her?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

I know there are better and more important things to discuss but wasn't it a Josh and Archie picture the one in Will's box? It seems familiar... I think it's from that event where Jules is wearing something red. Gotta google

Instagram

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 04-13-2014, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Speaking of pictures, I thought it was kinda weird that Will's baby pics would be in his work stuff box
Old 04-13-2014, 10:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Chambers (View Post)
Speaking of pictures, I thought it was kinda weird that Will's baby pics would be in his work stuff box
I know! It was a nice touch, Josh looked so cute

I spotted a Georgetown hoodie btw in that box

Old 04-13-2014, 10:43 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
I know there are better and more important things to discuss but wasn't it a Josh and Archie picture the one in Will's box? It seems familiar... I think it's from that event where Jules is wearing something red. Gotta google

Instagram
It is that picture you think of i just checked... it is them cut out in the group photo of the event... and yes jules is in a red dress...
Old 04-13-2014, 10:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyjosie2412 (View Post)
It is that picture you think of i just checked... it is them cut out in the group photo of the event... and yes jules is in a red dress...
Knew it Thank you! I think the whole cast is there. Mary Beth, Graham, Makenzie, etc.
Do you have the picture btw?

Old 04-13-2014, 10:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Knew it Thank you! I think the whole cast is there. Mary Beth, Graham, Makenzie, etc.
Do you have the picture btw?
(CN wasnt there as far as i see on the picture but yes the others)

yeah sure here... i couldnt find the HD version right now only my small version of it... if you find the HD please send me as well

Old 04-13-2014, 11:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

The take-away from this episode: all ships are truly dead. This was basically the writers showing the middle finger to fans who have followed this show for 5 years, hoping their ships will prevail.

Team Kalicia ( friendship) died a couple of seasons back with no hope of resurrection

Team Willicia, Team Will/Diane ( friendship) and Will/Kalinda ( friendship)- killed in 515 (literally)

Team Florricks - died in 517 ( there's no coming back from that fight)

Team Cary/ Kalinda - I doubt there are many left after that scene today.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:05 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Josie! Found it

I knew I had seen it before! I remember someone cropped it and left Jules, Josh, Graham and Makenzie and posted it in the AW thread years ago and said it looked like a family portrait. We were such innocent creatures Good times.

Quote:
This was basically the writers showing the middle finger to fans who have followed this show for 5 years, hoping their ships will prevail.
I know An Alicia/Diane alliance seems to be growing but I won't hold my breath. It doesn't matter, we lost the best friendships in the show

Old 04-13-2014, 11:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And that doesn't look like Kalinda at all very definitely Archie.

Quote:
The take-away from this episode: all ships are truly dead. This was basically the writers showing the middle finger to fans who have followed this show for 5 years, hoping their ships will prevail.
Well, it's not the first time. Ships are only convenient as long as they are using them to maintain their ratings. If the show is heading for its last season, who cares, right? Not them.

Quote:
Team Cary/ Kalinda - I doubt there are many left after that scene today.
Sadly this one will never die.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 04-13-2014, 11:14 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Thanks Josie! Found it

I knew I had seen it before! I remember someone cropped it and left Jules, Josh, Graham and Makenzie and posted it in thwee AW thread years ago and said it looked like a family portrait. We were such innocent creatures Good times.

Thank you for finding the HD and btw i still do have the chopped off version and some other shot of it where Jules is cracking up in laughter for some reason...

I think it was sort of really sweet they used the josh baby photo too in this episode! lol...

Quote:

I know An Alicia/Diane alliance seems to be growing but I won't hold my breath. It doesn't matter, we lost the best friendships in the show
well i wouldnt hold a breath there either for it to last... also i assume these new developments might throw a crack into the Cary/Alicia alliance/ship whatever (some ships them romantically)
Old 04-13-2014, 11:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And that doesn't look like Kalinda at all very definitely Archie.
Yep. They can't fool us It was a nice touch though...

Quote:
well i wouldnt hold a breath there either for it to last... also i assume these new developments might throw a crack into the Cary/Alicia alliance/ship whatever (some ships them romantically)
Ofc, people can ship whatever they want to ship but the true friendships are all gone

Quote:
I think it was sort of really sweet they used the josh baby photo too in this episode! lol...
I am still not over the Georgetown hoodie

It's 3am here so I better go to sleep but all I will say is Peter definitely crossed the line in every level

Old 04-14-2014, 12:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Sadly this one will never die.
I don't mind Cary/Kalinda as friends. But please let the sex/romance thing die a quick death already!
Old 04-14-2014, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread Fluff I was out all day and slipped my mind SMH.

Robert King could have split A/P and I would be much happier today. The one thing I didn't want was a "open/political marriage" because I don't want that for Alicia. If she isn't happy, she should get a divorce, I don't understand why RK is determined to stall? Alicia isn't even politically driven, and if its for her firm makes no sense since she doesn't even ask Peter to do anything for her? So does that mean she is going to actively start to ask? Exploit her name? That could end badly for her reputation if she takes it too far? Takes a lot for me too root for a divorce, but this alternative of this marriage is what will do it. I want a definite decision, I hope Alicia was just angry because this solution seems so unlike her, I hope she gets up tomorrow and says wait I do want a divorce I don't want this ludicrous idea of an open marriage. How can that be the life she wants to live for what 4 or 8 more years? I can't accept she would sacrifice her life cause of a name? I don't understand how the Kings can even tout that as independence?

Count me in as I rather see a divorce than this.

Alicia/Diane only shinning light Kalinda and Diane I can at least live with that!

Jenna, Damian, Marilyn all a waste.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick