Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 5.13 Episode Discussion Thread - Parallel Construction, Bitches (03/09/14)

][/URL]

Episode 5.13 - Parallel Construction, Bitches

WRITTEN BY: Erica Shelton Kodish
DIRECTED BY: Matt Shakman
AIRDATE: 03/09/2014

Summary

Florrick/Agos and Lockhart/Gardner fight to keep Lemond Bishop as a client when he is arrested on a drug-related charge, which possibly resulted from a leak inside Alicia’s firm. Meanwhile, the investigation into voter fraud in the gubernatorial election continues to move forward when Marilyn is approached by an agent in the Office of Public Integrity

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

wow. There was an episode tonight and not one post? was it that bad??

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-09-2014, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
wow. There was an episode tonight and not one post? was it that bad??
Well it was harder to find links, or at least for me. It was delayed in Canada I think (?)

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 03-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

So, the sixty-four dollar question is why Kalinda told Diane that Cary was lying. Was it (a) because she misread Cary and genuinely thought so? Or (b) because she wants to hurt LG by having the NSA keep surveilling them? Or (c) because she wants to keep LG from trusting Florrick Agos and undercut their gesture of good will? Or (d) something else entirely?
Old 03-09-2014, 08:01 PM
Elite Fan

Probably because Kalinda only ever does what the writers need her to do to advance a plot now? I don't know. I stopped looking too closely at character motivations, especially Kalinda.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Loyal Fan

- I really love Charles Lester!
- Loved Alicia watching TV!
- I'm going to miss Marilyn (anyone know when her last episode is?)
- Wow Will didn't take the immunity!

Thanks for the thread!

Last edited by StarryFlower; 03-29-2014 at 09:31 AM
Old 03-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaundice (View Post)
So, the sixty-four dollar question is why Kalinda told Diane that Cary was lying. Was it (a) because she misread Cary and genuinely thought so? Or (b) because she wants to hurt LG by having the NSA keep surveilling them? Or (c) because she wants to keep LG from trusting Florrick Agos and undercut their gesture of good will? Or (d) something else entirely?
I think because they have been playing one another recently - she tricked him in 5x05 and he got back at her in 5x12 - Kalinda probably figured he was playing games this time as well. She didn't expect Cary to be telling the truth, but sharing the info with LG was probably more Alicia's decision. Kalinda is still very loyal to Will & Diane.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
- Did not like Cary and Kalinda. I thought I shipped them, but I now realize that I really really don't!
yeah back in s1, they were fun. Since then, the writers have just made a mess of it by going so dramatic. They killed everything that was fun about it.

Quote:
Kalinda is still very loyal to Will & Diane.
if it was pre-Ham Sandwich, her loyalties would be divided but still Alicia could just be someone she never met now... loyalty is a big thing and Diane and Will never did anything that would change that.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

"That sounded a lot like Will."
"Thank you Diane"

The best lines of the night.

Otherwise there isn't much to say right now, because this was only a part of what could be a one 3-hour episode. I do applaud the case for being excellent.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Is this really the name of the episode?

Okay, so, it was an okay episode? I guess it was good but it didn't interest me too much.

Ugh, Cary and Kalinda. I don't even know what to think anymore. So she slept with him to find out about the surveillance and then... told Will and Diane that Cary was lying when he wasn't? I really don't get it.
Also, why the hell were the both of them completely under the sheets? Don't people get a bit claustrophobic like that? (maybe it is just me though, I don't know )

Quote:
Kalinda probably figured he was playing games this time as well.
True, this could be it. I wouldn't have thought Kalinda would've been one to simply accept what people say like that or just assume they were lying though. But I could be trying to read too much into it?
I am just hoping there is a point to this whole thing

Quote:
- Loved Alicia watching TV!
Same here! Grace explaining the plot to her was super sweet. I miss those family moments.

Quote:
"That sounded a lot like Will."
"Thank you Diane"
I love those!
Old 03-10-2014, 05:26 AM
New Fan

Beysus almighty ! This show is so, so, so GOOD. By the middle of this episode I was squealing and jumping and fist bumping from the goodness of what was going on. The way the plot was slowly unfolding, every storyline seamlessly coming together was nearly...orgasmic. Yes! The Good Wide is the best orgasmic show on TV. It's just fascinating to watch the magic of writing and acting and directing happening right on the screen. And the thing is you know what is going to happen. It's not some BING BAM BOOM twist "I didn't see it coming" OMGness. No. It is a so much more powerful slow burn : you know what is coming, you know it is going to be good, you enjoy it all the while up until the very end and it's even better than you expected. All I can say now : I bow down to you, writers, I bow down to you...

Ok, let's start with my favourite guest character/actor : Lemon Bishop/Mike Colter. I LUUVE Lemon Bishop. LUUVE, LUUVE, LUUVE this character. This guy is so scary good, with his calm and pleasant exterior demeanour. Until you look into his chill inducing ice cold eyes. Then you know you don't want to mess with this guy. Also anytime Lemon Bishop is in an episode, you know it is going to be a good one. And what a good one. Parallel construction, bitches ! I still not quite sure why LG was on the case at the beginning of the episode and then not anymore. I think it is because LG now only handles his "legitimate" business (the property stuff), and FAA handles the drug business, which is quite ironic and quite smart for Bishop to go to the Governor's wife to get his illegal business taken care of. What you say about that, Saint Alicia ? I also liked the short scene at the beginning when Zach and Grace googled (or chumchumed) Bishop's personal lawyer : yeah, kiddo, Mommy is in some pretty shady business now. Just like Dad ! That lawyer threatening routine is getting quite old though now. I liked how the resigning AUSA saw right through his gross tactics and shut him up. It was also nice to see the NSA geek guys again, although one of them has changed. I liked how they were gossiping about Will and Diane (HA, HA, writers, I see you, I see you).

I was surprised about Kalinda's bad judgement call, but I guess it is only fair for her NOT to be right all the time. I was spoiled about the Kalinda & Cary hook up, so no surprise there although I dreaded to see it a bit. I do not ship them together romantically (not even as friends), I found Cary to be quite bland (no real dislike here, just shrug). So I was quite "relieved" that the hook up was prompted by yet another Kalinda's special brand of investigating. I suppose it was also a way to scratch whatever sexual tension there has been between them for some time (although I never get the sense that Kalinda was that interested either, more like, "yeah, why not"). Now, I hope it was a one time thing, or at most they keep it casual and **** buddy like. I would like for Kalinda to have other storylines than the sex/lover related ones. Like: ok, writers, you screw it up big time last season with that husband thing, so what about developing/showing other Kalinda's facets than her kinky sex/lover relationships. What about her upbringing? What about her family? What about her favourite ice-cream or tv show? I get that she has to keep some kind of mystery surrounding her, and she is a supporting character so no need to change the focus of the show to make it the Kalinda show. But what about more little moments like that one, back in season 3 (if I remember correctly) between Will and her joking about her fictional dog "Poo". Yeah, that's what we need : more Kalinda and Will drinking and chilling.

Talking about Will. Oh, Will, Will, Will. I love you so much. Not in a Lemon Bishop way, of course. No. In a sweet and fuzzy and hot and sexy and nice and deep and every other loving way possible. I liked how he got the first part of the case handled in like 5 min. I even liked how Alicia complimented Cary for his smart move during the second part of the case comparing him to Will (but now stop with the Will and Diane comparison thing, you are SO not them!). And I LOVED how you stood your ground and kept your word and wouldn't bulge to that ethic department guy when he offered you immunity. Sure, you don't like being bullied and pressured. And you're also a good lawyer who wouldn't throw attorney-client privilege just like that, under some threat, unless you are ordered to by the law. But I also think (or should like to think) part of the reason you reacted this way is because of, no matter how much that ungrateful Alicia hurt you, YOU wouldn't betray her, hurt her like that. Just like back in season 3 when Wendy Scott-Car offered you pretty much the same kind of deal. And that's because, you may be toying with the line here and there, for your client's sake, but you are ultimately a good guy, a decent man, a man of honour, and a man in love too. Aww Will...

Now Alicia, you better get your **** together and your priorities right, like yesterday! As the ethic department guy that you so arrogantly tried to talk down told you : this time it's your ass that is directly on the line. So drop the attitude and give Will that phone call. Not for Peter, but for you, girl. For you as a lawyer, and for you as the woman who used to be his friend, and who may still fell something warm and fuzzy and "vanilla" (as Celeste would say) about him.

I just cant' wait for that election fraud storyline to develop further. I liked how Peter pretty much sealed his own fate by treating Marilyn, via Eli, so casually/carelessly : he sure knows how to turn friends into enemies. Beysus ! This is going to be so, so GOOD ! Can't wait !
Old 03-10-2014, 06:59 AM
Elite Fan

I can´t watch the episode yet but I will come later with my two cents
Old 03-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Supreme Fan

Just saw the episode. Sometimes I feel as I keep repeating myself. The Good Wife is truly amazing. Best show on TV by a long shot at the moment. This episode was a perfect example. Every story came together, and I especially liked the come-back of the NSA. I just knew that had to come back at some point. Loved it.

- Loved the Kalinda/Cary interaction. A bit curious why Kalinda didn't trust Cary, but okay. She must think he's still playing games. At least we saw them in bed together for once! Yay for that to happen.

- The case was written beatifully this week. Charles Lester always creeps me out. He's so nice to everyone..but between the lines...

- Glad that the judge story line ( him calling Alicia a few episodes ago ) came back.

- Gonna miss Marilyn once she's out. Don't know when that's going to be though. At this point I find her more interesting than Eli actually.

- Already looking forward to next episode ... a lot. Curious as to why Will didn't betray Alicia when he was able to hurt her deeply!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Total Fan

The hiatus was so long that I actually felt out of the loop while watching the episode I love how all those storylines with wiretaps and voter fraud come together, and I'm curious to see what is going to come out of it with all the hype about 'the most shoking moment'
It's always great to see Lemond Bishop! I love how they managed to create a little world in TGW, no-one ever leaves for good.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:59 PM
New Fan

Been a while!!! Uhmmm...I thought the episode was ok...just ok. Having said that, I am glad there was no Damian, or David Lee! Also, the nastiness between the firms was toned down considerably so I liked that as well.

I wish they'd actually had Peter in this episode (I guess CN wasn't available?)...some kind of communication between Peter and Alicia would've been interesting here, imo. At least there was no Jackie!

Now on to the wtf (sorry) moments...Kalinda and Cary...Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Kalinda running after Cary, for any reason imaginable is not the most plausible thing...If she wants something from him, she gets him to come to her (at least that would've been more in character...Then again, when it comes to Kalinda...the writers have really got to the point where almost nothing would surprise me)...So they sleep together (which seems creepy to me as to me they've always had more of sibling dynamic, aside from the very beginning, in S1...And then her saying he's lying??? Is she suddenly incompetent? Or does he just get under her skin that much? Not plausible, either way.

For a second there, I thought if Bishop goes after Alicia, maybe, just maybe, we might get Kalinda stepping in and helping her out somehow...Silly me! It just really sucks to see Kalinda kicked to the side so much...She barely gets a scene in...Are the rest of the cast really that insecure about their own talent?

And then there was Will...I confess, I was surprised by that...Then again, I have a feeling he has something up his sleeve...a way to hurt Alicia even more...Maybe I just don't trust him...He's shown himself to be quite slimy...It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.