Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-12-2014, 09:03 AM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 5.12 Episode Discussion Thread - We the Juries (01/12/2014)

Episode 5.12 - We the Juries

WRITTEN BY: Keith Eisner
DIRECTED BY: Paris Barclay
AIRDATE: 1/12/2014

Summary

Alicia and Will each represent one-half of a couple accused of smuggling drugs, but the courtroom becomes mired in confusion and legal technicalities when they insist on separate jury pools. Meanwhile, Cary attempts to woo a Lockhart/Gardner client, Kalinda tries to repair a damaged relationship and Marilyn begins her investigation into possible voter fraud during the gubernatorial election

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-12-2014, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

Here is the thread early this week, my apologies about last week

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well it's no secret what this episode is gonna be about so I'm gonna shoot some thoughts already without seeing it.

So... It's going to be 100 % in F&A's interest that Peter is going to keep the throne while it's the exact opposite for L&G. I wouldn't be surprised if we spend a large portion of next spring tangled on this plot.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Kalinda tries to repair a damaged relationship
They really are pushing it

Happy TGW Sunday!

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 01-13-2014, 05:56 AM
Loyal Fan

I felt really bad for Alicia when Will lied about seeing those jury members together, and then she had to go straight to see Marilyn and found out that the other man in her life (Peter) was also being corrupt - I liked the juxtaposition there

Poor old Eli! And I really liked Marilyn in this one; staying professional but you could tell it was all affecting her. It was like a completely different character from the usually daft, pregnancy-obsessed woman. I find it weird that in this episode she was completely clued up on all the ethics issues of the vote tampering, and yet last week she declared she was naming her baby Peter and didn't foresee a single ethics issue about that!

Glad that Kalinda and Cary are building bridges. She deserved what Cary did to her with the drink spill, so now they're even and can start repairing their friendship - will they ever truly trust each other though?

Liked seeing Diane in court again and I liked how she had taken first chair, probably for the same reason that Cary took first chair for F/A. I liked when Will mentioned to Peter about Diane losing the judgeship. Yes that scene was basically just them and their petty grudges, but it was sweet how Will cares so much about Diane and gets angry on her behalf.

I'm glad that the voting fraud wasn't resolved in this episode though, I was worried they might rush through it, and I've been anticipating it so much. There was more Cary than usual in this one, which was great!

Now we have to wait until March!

Last edited by StarryFlower; 03-19-2014 at 09:40 AM
Old 01-13-2014, 07:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
They really are pushing it

Happy TGW Sunday!
I have no words to express my feelings about what are they doing with and to K. It's a shame. The only incommon thing between K now and before is Archie. Since when is Robyn Kalinda, and Kalinda even worse than R?
So many mistakes, this girly flirting with C, careing only for her job and at the same time doing it bad... The truth is, I think, we have to do here with some clone of K...

I liked few things about this ep.
One of them is M doing her job and not beeing just the pregnant women, Peter and his selective memory, showing his true coulours more and more and talking with W about cheating, use of High Hopes during A's walk to P...

The most of all I love the depth and the new level Alicia's and Will's relationship. Julianna and Josh Are Truly amazing. They are mirroring each other so well. I doubt that everything what we see is written in script.
No worrior Princess there anymore. The thrill is gone... Will tried to play the same old game, at the end we had only a tone of sadness, dissapoitmemt, mess... They are tired, they see nothing works anymore, professional and personal. Some big emotions are coming our way.

Eli G is always the same. Don't like it.
Cary, If I closer look at him, he didn't change from the begining a lot. He can be anything so long is good for him. About K - still waiting this clone that I don't like to go away.

Everything is falling apart... (In a good way)
Except K. It hurts how I miss her. With A or without A, I don't even care. Just miss her.

That's how I feel.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:45 AM
Elite Fan

Gosh was that unsatisfying I mean it was just ok, I think my expectations where to high.

-Honestly that case was a mess, they tried to go for something so original and different that they lost themselves in the case. I was too confuse as to why A/W/D/C where doing anything. Was it for their client or case they wanted to beat one of another? At one point I couldn't figure out who was representing who. It was just to messy, Victor Garber was great, but that case really overshadowed the episode.

-Now on to the voter fraud, that storyline was a mess when it first came and is still a mess now. So a reporter sends Eli the tape, and there is no press backslash this episode? Only Marilyn investigating? Like seems a bit unrealistic to me that this story hasn't hit the press? Also I am suppose to believe Jim Moody would take the fault for Eli, like jail time? Marilyn looks like she is about to lose her ****. So what happens now with the investigation that Peter would not waive the attorney/client rights? Peter and Will where acting like damn idiots,that scene was ridiculous, Peter acting all possessive over Alicia sleeping with Will, which happened a thousand years ago, might at add he brought that up himself. And Will bringing up the Diane judgeship, which only tells Peter, I am doing this cause you screwed Diane, which isn't even true, and Will actually had a legit argument, I am not sure why bring up the judgeship. So those two together are acting like idiots.

-Will lying to the judge about the jury thing, SMH. Alicia's face. But honestly half the time I didn't get why A or W where doing anything, was it for the client or cause they wanted to beat each other?

-Its been like 5 episodes we don't see Alicia interact with her kids, or Alicia at home. This sucks, is like all Alicia does now is work, nothing else? I would like more of a focus on Alicia's life.

-Cary/Kalinda was actually quite enjoyable. I was mad at one point, they laughing at another point. I don't ship it, but it was fun to watch.

-Dianeeeeeee is back, all is right with the world

-C/A continue to really make me feel happy they are partners now

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-13-2014, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the cary/kalinda. didn't really care about the rest of the ep tbh.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

I had such high expectations for the case in this episode and it ended up being just terrible.Good idea gone very bad.

And the rest was probably even worse,I don't get from where Cary and Kalinda stuff came,I have no idea what that Peter/Will confrontation was,the vote fraud won't be anything better and just I'm Basically only person I liked was Marylin Garbanza
Old 01-13-2014, 11:19 AM
Elite Fan

This means that Will is Peter´s lawyer now??
Old 01-13-2014, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardengrill (View Post)
I liked was Marylin Garbanza
Poor Marilyn looked like she was about to blow at the end, I was dying laughing. But yea....she was actually doing her job, I liked.

Quote:
I don't think so. I am utterly confuse on how this all works. Last night didn't make anything less clear to me.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-13-2014, 12:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srta_Parker (View Post)
He had represented Peter together with Alicia during the election around the alleged vote tampering. Remember when Zach testified to what he had seen? So he was his lawyer back then and that's why Marilyn wanted to interview him. Even though he is no longer acting as his lawyer currently, he is still bound by professional confidentiality over their past dealings.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:33 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for answering. I forgot he was his lawyer in that moment.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

I loved how Geneva Pine was so relaxed and amused by the Will/Alicia tension, she's usually a pretty uptight character. She even smiled more in this episode.

The Eli/Jim Moody scene was intense. This storyline could be good if they don't drop the ball.

I thought the Bruce Springteen songs were distracting, I prefer the awesome new TGW music.

I was disappointed Cary went out for drinks with Kalinda in the end. But his trick was fun, it's just too bad they had to make Kalinda a sloppy investigator for it to work.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:58 PM
Extreme Fan

I rather enjoyed this episode. It featured one of the craziest trials I have ever seen on the series. Victor Garber and José Ramón Rosario were especially a hoot as the judge and baliff.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.