Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-25-2013, 04:57 AM
New Fan

Alicia doesn't want to turn into her mother, but she is ok with turning into her mother-in-law?
Old 11-25-2013, 05:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April_goddess (View Post)
Alicia doesn't want to turn into her mother, but she is ok with turning into her mother-in-law?
That's just Alicia's twisted logic. She doesn't know that she's turning into her mother-in-law.There are deep mother-daughter issues are at play here and it has laid a deep impact to Alicia so consciously or sub-consciously Alicia doesn't want to be like her mother.

But I love her mother Who can not love her?
Old 11-25-2013, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ok episode. I like this season but when are willicia going to be happy?
Old 11-25-2013, 08:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April_goddess (View Post)
I know this has been mentioned before, but what has happened to Jackie's dementia? I hope she's OK now!

Last edited by StarryFlower; 03-19-2014 at 01:04 PM
Old 11-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by replendentmiasma (View Post)
That is so awesome. You must be in seventh heaven. The 100th episode is the best birthday gift ever and what's so cool about it is that the whole of The Good Wife is presenting that gift to you
I am! It will be the best bday ever or the worst, it's up to the Kings

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 11-25-2013, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

Another episode that falls in the catergory of OK. It was entertaining and good moments but another filler. But I think no Blondie calls for a celebration

- "LG" is never gonna happen, Will should just stop it
- Damian is going to be a pest, but I am ok with him because it gives Kalinda something to do. I just hope is not Blake 3.0 fingers crossed
- Diane is slowing feeling less and less part of L&G, I see trouble heading there.
- Jackie is just plain awful. Also I don't get why bring this story line in, now in S5? I mean is not like we didn't know that, so? Waste, I rather see the kids
- Alicia has been kicking so much ass lately, I don't know what to do with all my love for her

Quote:
Kalinda got screen time with Diane? To me, that was the best part of the episode
hell yea!

Quote:
Don't like Damian. And, saw it coming re him and Kalinda...Blake didn't work; Nick didn't work...are they seriousuly trying another "bad-boy"/Kalinda thing? It's old and tired...Sigh...But at least she's getting a little more screen time...
Why is TGW so obssed with a thug guy around Kalinda?

Quote:
Anyway...if they don't stop with the infantile crap or indeed the non-courtroom L/G vs F/A thing soon, I'm gonna take a break from the show or evens top...We get the point...Can we please move on? Again, it runs the risk of getting old/tired.
They are not going to move away from that, it was the point of the split in the first place. For us to see the leads more because they can go against each other. I am sure they will take breaks here and there, but I am pretty sure the structure of L&G versus F&A will stay put.

Quote:
P.S- Will saying "No, thanks" to the lotion my feet guy was hilarious
That part killed me

Quote:
like this season but when are willicia going to be happy?
Is anybody ever happy on this show? Is not a fairy tale.

Quote:
But I love her mother Who can not love her?
I love Vero!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Alicia is nothing like Jackie. Even though they made similar decisions.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Supreme Fan

I don't know what to think of this episode. It had some very good moments, but I'm getting quite annoyed with Will and LG ( besides Kalinda and Diane ). I know David Lee was upgraded to a series regular this season, but I wish they wouldn't have done that. I loved him when he showed up every now and then, with his funny one-liners, but now they are just overdoing it. Same can be said about Howard Lymann. My god, I really don't like them anymore. Worst thing is that most of the times they get a lot more screentime than Kalinda ( ok, at this point nearly everyone gets more screentime than Kalinda, but still ).

Will is hurt. I get that. But he's taking things way too far. I don't care about his new girl-toy, and I sure as hell don't like this new side of him. He's rebelling, and it makes me dislike him A LOT. What Alicia and Cary did....by stealing those clients...it wasn't fair, but LG is making it very easy to be disliked atm. Am I glad that it seems that at least Diane is ready to let things go. At least she can still think clearly. Glad she shared some time with Kalinda in the episode!

Not sure what to think of Damian. We already had multiple ''mysterious'' dudes in Kalinda's life ( cause let's face it...that's his most important job...be in scenes with Kalinda) so this seems like another failed attempt to give Kalinda more story lines. They just don't seem to realise that we rather see Kalinda investigating ( Robyn is nice and all, and she was great this week, but noone can beat Kalinda's investigation skills ), or see her share scenes with Will, Diane, or Cary for that sake. Hell, I'd even kill for some Eli/Kalinda scenes. Practically gave up on the hope that Kalinda and Alicia will ever speak eachother again, so I am not even going to mention that. Damian's pranks weren't funny, and his accent / fake accent / attitude, was just annoying.

I am loving Alicia this season though. Stealing those clients wasn't a good decision, but other than that she's been great. Her scenes in court were funny, and the case was really interesting. That phonecall at the end was kind of predictable ( I just knew the judge was flirting with her ), but still very funny. I'm really team FAA, cause they are working very well together. Robyn fits in nicely aswell. Even though I am wishing for more Kalinda....I must admit that Robyn is very likeable!

The scene with Will/Diane visiting FAA was funny, haha! And I loved that it gave Will and Diane some memories of their own.

The Jackie story-line was obvious a filler story line, but I actually felt sorry for her. I kind of wish she would get a bigger story arc....and same can be said about Eli. I don't like them a lot anymore, and that has to do with the fact that they are so isolated from the rest of the cast. And I agree that it seems kind of weird that they dropped the dementia story line.

Next week the 100th! Cannot wait
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
- Damian is going to be a pest, but I am ok with him because it gives Kalinda something to do. I just hope is not Blake 3.0 fingers crossed
you know it's still the Kings writing, right? What exactly are the odds? I mean when's the last time they had an antagonist for Kalinda that wasn't a one-dimensional arrogant jerk villain?
Sure, she gets more screentime but she did get a lot with Nick and who wanted to see that?
I had high hopes for Jason O'Mara but it's disappointment again

Quote:
Damian's pranks weren't funny, and his accent / fake accent / attitude, was just annoying.
It's a real accent but the character is annoying so far. They just don't know how to write morally ambiguous characters, maybe they should just stop trying?

Quote:
Why is TGW so obssed with a thug guy around Kalinda?
It's been a slow character assassination since season 2 so I guess they have their reasons. We get it, RK, you think Kalinda needs to be knocked down in size, why don't you go ahead and kill her off instead of recycling the same old tired crap over and over??

Quote:
Will is hurt. I get that. But he's taking things way too far. I don't care about his new girl-toy, and I sure as hell don't like this new side of him. He's rebelling, and it makes me dislike him A LOT.
I don't mind the rebelling at all, especially since Josh hasn't been on this level acting-wise in a long long time. He clearly is enjoying himself, which is fun to watch. The bimbo though... really really could have done without. But I guess this is another one of those never-ending recycled plots.

As much as I have given up caring about Alicia, I have to say though, I love Veronica too but as a mother? I wouldn't want her for the world.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 11-25-2013, 07:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

Damn,I guess I'm going to sit in some very dark corner of the internet with my love for Damian I agree that they're not good at writing moral ambiguity,but I enjoy him nonethless Putting that aside,I'm more and more confused about how Will and Diane started their firm,it's not like messing up the timeline and details is something new here,but right now it's too much
Old 11-25-2013, 08:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
It's a real accent but the character is annoying so far. They just don't know how to write morally ambiguous characters, maybe they should just stop trying?

Gefling is right. Jason O'Mara is Irish. He's just been pretty good at using American accents.

Quote:
It's been a slow character assassination since season 2 so I guess they have their reasons. We get it, RK, you think Kalinda needs to be knocked down in size, why don't you go ahead and kill her off instead of recycling the same old tired crap over and over??

I suspect that Kalinda will have the last laugh, like she did with her ex.

Quote:
I've been reading TGW facebook page, and some of the comments on the reviews of this episode, and there are lots of people not liking this fighting between the firms storyline. I'm liking it at the moment, but I think they need to be careful not to go too far, particularly where Will's concerned. I agree with what you're saying about him, he's becoming far too rebellious and weird; dating the tattooed blonde girl, changing the name to LG and hiring this Damian Boyle. I think Damian has great potential, but it was incredibly reckless for them to hire him as he's thoroughly corrupt.

Considering how Will was upset over Alicia's decision to start a new firm and his feelings for her, I'm not really surprised by his behavior. He's taking it badly. It's only natural that he would. However, I hope this will end the silly antics against F&A.

I must admit that I've been enjoying this season. It's been more than interesting so far.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Extreme Fan

I want to say, I don't mind Damian. I don't care Jackie's SL. I need more Kanlida. I don't want to see Will's tatoo woman, so I'm happy there no her. This makes Will look normal.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Just a thought (read it somewhere on a review): Judge Kluger might want to get closer to Alicia in order to be considered for the vacant supreme court justice seat? It would make sense as the Kings mentioned that Alicia would get tangled in Peter's gubernatorial issues. At first I thought it was just to show that Alicia is getting more influence in Chicago's legal sphere being a partner and all but I think her status as first lady might play into that.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardengrill (View Post)
Damn,I guess I'm going to sit in some very dark corner of the internet with my love for Damian I agree that they're not good at writing moral ambiguity,but I enjoy him nonethless Putting that aside,I'm more and more confused about how Will and Diane started their firm,it's not like messing up the timeline and details is something new here,but right now it's too much
I like him, too: he is light, handsome and when he speaks I feel like Jamie Lee in Fish Vanda... ( i don't think he is there for K. the Kings are just waiting what'll happen.) They are scared to do anything about her and not brave enough to fight for Archie to write a role. IMO. I only hope he'll not stay onedimensional and he is there to push Will over the edge even a little bit more. Just like this stupid barbie blonde BB who is there to push A over the edge. She is there to make A hate and attack Will in the next ep.
(This two still don't hate each other enough... )

I think Jackie's SL is there to remind us of Alicia's decisions. Both of them are stil blaming the husband's mistresses (not husband) for cheating: A doesn't even share the space or speak with K, and Jackie - we've seen her pain and hate! The mistress of P's father was 25, P slept with hookers and others at least 25 times and still K is more sinner than P... Just like the other one.

This SL is statement about trust and woman's mind and heart. We do not, never forget about cheating husbands or boyfriends, it's the way how we deal with that that's make the difference.
Are we like Veronica, or Jackie!
Do we find the strenght to fight for our heart and healthy mind, or we feed this strenght (with stereoids) and put outthere to fight our heart and mind.

Woman in me likes Veronika a lot.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I love Veronica too but as a mother? I wouldn't want her for the world.
Ohhh no no no, never as a mother I mean I love her, but I am not sure how Alicia EVER survied with her. I mean no wonder Alicia tries to run as far away from her as possible. Alicia is the polar opposite of Vero. I adore Vero, but Vero only cares about herself and what makes her happy and just comes in to try to dictate Alicia's life. So no if she was my mother I would pull my hair out

Quote:
get closer to Alicia in order to be considered for the vacant supreme court justice seat?
Ohhhh I like this theory, a lot. Nice idea

Quote:
i don't think he is there for K. the Kings are just waiting what'll happen.)
He is there for K, if you read the PR for coming episode he is there for K.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Damn,I guess I'm going to sit in some very dark corner of the internet with my love for Damian
Please, don't! I know Miss Femina will like someone in her corner if she drops by and I have nothing against the fellow, it's just knee-jerk reaction from previous plots, I guess.

Quote:
Gefling is right. Jason O'Mara is Irish. He's just been pretty good at using American accents.
He's been living in the US and playing Yanks for a long time. In fact, that's the first time he plays with his real accent in the US according to him

Quote:
I suspect that Kalinda will have the last laugh, like she did with her ex.
As long as it's not off-screen again

Quote:
I adore Vero, but Vero only cares about herself and what makes her happy and just comes in to try to dictate Alicia's life
I know that kind of mother but I think it's not about her thinking only about herself. She just judges everything by her own standard, which is the surest way to drive everyone you love away, imo.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"