Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 5.07 Episode Discussion Thread - The Next Week (11/10/13)

Episode 5.07 - The Next Week

WRITTEN BY: Craig Turk
DIRECTED BY: Fred Toye
AIRDATE: 11/10/2013

Happy TGW Sunday!
Very Happy to be back my friends!! Maybe you all enjoy S5

Summary
Alicia and Cary suspect that Lockhart/Gardner is spying on them when Zach discovers that the webcam on Alicia’s computer is being accessed remotely. Meanwhile, Will takes on more than he anticipated when he comes to the aid of one of Alicia’s old clients, and Clarke Hayden returns to offer financial advice to Florrick/Agos.

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-10-2013, 12:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Tftnt Clarke Hayden is back! 10 more hours to go!! Can't wait!
Old 11-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

Tftnt

Nathaaaaan

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 11-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Can't wait for tonight!!! Woot Woot!
Old 11-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

I wonder how they've written that without Alicia and Kalinda talking to each other but I guess, they found a way, like always. Maybe Kalinda has just gone ro the restroom when Alicia calls or something. Anyway, have fun with the episode tonight!
Old 11-10-2013, 04:16 PM
New Fan

tftnt kiki <333
i am so excited i have chills
Old 11-10-2013, 04:28 PM
New Fan

I'm dying I need it now Lol
Old 11-10-2013, 07:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

And we end up with yet another bankruptcy related storyline. How... Surprising, thrilling, interesting.

- Getting Mao back is good though.
- They should have kicked this Indian Anthony guy straight out of their firm when he started the mafia thing a few episodes ago. I want to see him get what he deserves.
- Of course no one is was interested in the murder charge case, but since it didn't end, I hope to see it continue at some point.
- Since there was no Eli/Peter/Marilyn, the episode felt more focused.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

-Of course Diane knew the German word for that, OF COURSE

-We, AW shippers, might be biased but Owen really wants her sister to be happy and I LOVE that he thinks Will is the one who can make her happy

-"ALICIA WAS AFRAID OF FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOU." THERE GOES MY SANITY.

-Will's "It's over". It's funny because he said the same thing in "On Tap" and they had sex in a Presidential Suite some episodes later

-Two brothers (Zach and Owen) taking care of their sisters (Grace and Alicia). I loved that.

-I can't say I am not happy about Anthony backstabbing Cary and Alicia Is this wrong? Oh well...

-FA won someone better in the end!

-"Who are you?" "Kalinda"

Quote:
- Since there was no Eli/Peter/Marilyn, the episode felt more focused.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Looved this episode!!

Some thoughts:

-The music throughout the episode was amazing!!

-Alicia not doing so great at the new law firm but at least in the end they got Clark Hayden back which is great, I love him. Anthony was a jerk I was so upset when he testified against Alicia!!!

-OWEN OMG He's on of my favourite characters and he's such a willicia shipper He guessed the reasons for Alicia leaving right away!!! And Alicia didn't tell him wrong when he stated the reasons for her leaving so... It's only a matter of time before these two act on their feelings

-Really liked the Zach and Grace storyline, although I'm sure the whole webcam thing is related to the NSA Storyline...

So overall amazing episode, can't believe how they keep up the quality episode after episode, so far season 5 is outstanding!
Old 11-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Finally, where has Peter been? He went all Rambo for his family on The Good Wife Season 5 Episode 5 and then he just disappeared into the night. How many commitments does Chris Noth have that he can't even make an appearance after a bombshell episode like that one? What is the state of Alicia and Peter's marriage? Owen said it's not set in stone. It's not set at all.
The Good Wife Review: Getting Back to Normal - TV Fanatic

Chris' schedule is not helping the show at all He also affects Eli's screetime somehow.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:48 PM
New Fan

I liked the episode but I'm already starting to get sick of the battle between the two firms and the all the dirty games etc. I can stand it for maybe one more episode before it gets too old/tired...

I love Owen but he should stay out of Alicia's personal life. Yes, he can be concerned etc. but going to Will behind her back like that...I just find it stupid/silly. Even though it does seem like they're hinting at Will and Alicia getting it on again...My divine prediction is that Peter will lose control (or already has) with Marylin (I think it would be an utterly stupid story line, her kid being Peter's but I have a feeling that's where they're going with it) and Will will be there for Alicia yada, yada, yada

Wasn't David Lee one of the major reasons they went into bankruptcy protection? So, we can blame *him* for this whole mess!!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it

Anyway, it was refreshing to have an episode without Eli and Robyn...which brings me to Kalinda!!! <3 Q: "Who are you?" A: "Kalinda" Priceless (just like she did in S1)
Old 11-11-2013, 01:57 AM
New Fan

Soooo...That was a good episode. I feel like we are kind of back to business. The tension has abated quite a little. Sure, there are still some skirmishes here and there to keep linking LG and FAA. I got to say I didn't quite understand this adoption thing. But I don't think it was meant to be that interesting. It was just a way to get Alicia back into LG. Woman, that walk at the beginning, that smug look on her face, that is why I dislike Alicia so much right now. Also we knew from the start that that Anthony boy was sneaky, he was meant to be the villainous traitor, right? Ok. So now can he get you get him out of my screen? I can't imagine LG trusting him with big cases or such, anyway. So now he did what he had to do, I think he can leave. I don't know, it's just, I didn't like either the character, nor the way he was written with this obvious purpose. He was too obviously villainous. I am sure, at the end of the day FAA is better without him around. And LG is no better with him back. But as we already have David as the sneaky lawyer, I don't think he will be used anymore. And yeah, we know, LG has one more bad bad lawyer among its ranks, while FAA is now a little cleaner, isn't it? Ok. We get it. So bye bye uselessly irritating POC character. At least we got you full name by the end of your stint.

The only thing I got out of all this case is that Alicia is still very much in trouble. And we get to have some Will and Alicia moment here. So, no more eye sex just eye...weirdness. That face to face was so full of...feelings. The anger is still very much there, especially from Will's part. but there is some other things back to. Some..questioning? Some...i don't know for sure. But there was much more happening there. And thanks to Owen (yeah for Owen, so glad to see you back, all deliciously gossipy and always the Willicia's whisperer!) and flustered Alicia, we got some more hints pointing into this direction. Sigh. Loved Will and Owen frozen yoghurt moment. There was some good vibes there. It's funny how Alicia's family seems to like Will quite well .

Will was also quite a likeable lawyer fighting for his client even though the kid was a bit too angsty. I hope we see more of this case down the road. I was much more interested in this that the adoption one. On a lesss bright note, it also reminded of the writers' Geneva Pine problem. People, could you please give that seemingly interesting woman (from the very little we saw of her) something meatier to work with than this dull opposite ASA job to do? Pleeaase?! That would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

One good thing was to see more and more screen presence from Kalinda (yeah!), back to her badass investigator self. Also nice to see Nathan Lane's character back. Being one himself, I am not surprised he has a soft spot for the "underdogs". Still think that FAA doesn't deserve him 'cause I am totally team LG, but can't help to like this character, so I resent the writers to make me feel like I want him to succeed, and that would mean succeeding in helping FAA (no!). But he could also be the much needed voice of reason that will convince them to make a deal with LG some time, in the distant future...Anyway, love seeing this character back. (Also, that reminds me of that Geneva Pine problem: we know more about, and feel closer to this character than to her...SMH. Writers, writers, do something!).

So lastly, I hope the Grace C plot is over even though I doubt it will actually be. I don't know where this thing is going, but I am so not interested. Ok, the big brother protecting his little sister thing was kind of cool. But that only makes Zach a little more relevant. Grace wasn't too annoying this time around. And thankfully there were no more Alicia freaking out about grown men talking to her daughter who happens to live in the same place that her mom is conducting her law firm business. If only this could be kept to the minimum storyline...
Old 11-11-2013, 04:56 AM
Elite Fan

I couldn´t watch the episode yet but I heard Owen is back!!! Yess!! I Owen
Old 11-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't see the episode.