Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 5.02 Episode Discussion Thread - The Bit Bucket (10/06/13)

Episode 5.02 - The Bit Bucket

WRITTEN BY: Ted Humphrey and Robert King
DIRECTED BY: Michael Zinberg
AIRDATE: 10/06/2013

Happy TGW Sunday!
Very Happy to be back my friends!! Maybe you all enjoy S5

Summary
Alicia and Cary sue the NSA on behalf of search engine Chumhum, unaware that Lockhart/Gardner’s connection to a former client has resulted in the spy agency monitoring the firm’s communications. Meanwhile, Alicia’s mom takes steps to support her daughter, and Eli works to secure Diane’s Supreme Court nomination

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt!!!
Old 10-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
Old 10-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Passionate Fan

TFTNT and love the picture cant wait for Vero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Kicks

RK doesn't even pretend Michelle is writing anymore Nice.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Tftnt!

Last edited by StarryFlower; 03-29-2014 at 11:26 AM
Old 10-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Elite Fan

SO guys, here's something we've never heard of happening before:

Due to live #NFL Football Sunday, #TheGoodWife start time will be 9:44ET/8:44CT East/Central Time Zones ONLY

Old 10-06-2013, 07:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow. What a departure from the previous episode. The pacing... there was no pace. The episode felt stagnant especially in light of the premiere. Zach has always been cute. I don't know why he looked like an overly sun-baked 35 year old chubster in this episode. The way Neesa was reintroduced was rather pathetic and very overblown. I was 18 not that many years ago, and I never cried on a boy's answering machine or called him 12 times in a day nor do I know of anyone who has (over something so paltry anyway) unless they have serious psychological issues which was never conveyed about Neesa. And their rehashing Neesa's family has "terrorist ties" which within the scope of this episode was rationalized too broadly. I felt it was a haphazard, clunky setup to introduce the Florrick home and Peter in particular to further surveillance. And I found the Middle Eastern score at best erroneous, at worst insulting. Oh, and the NSA tech geeks were really obnoxious.

The only positive is Diane remaining a pinnacle of awesomeness. I saw the "twist" about the interview coming from a mile away.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Elite Fan

Since it's quite early here I am going to leave my piece of mind before going to sleep

• Diane was the highlight of the episode
  • Alicia/Veronica YES
  • The case: boring
  • Diane again
  • Zach was good, his 5 seconds were good seconds Neesa tho....
  • GRACE AND BECCA, AS IF I NEEDED ANOTHER REASON TO DISLIKE GRACE
  • The NSA guys... their geek-ness was fun at first. Then... meh.
  • Diane "protecting" Will

After last week's promo I expected more tbh. But hey you know what they say, it's always quite before the storm. I really want everything to blow up already, Will and Diane need to find out!

(Oh and hello everyone )

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 10-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Really liked the episode!

The Veronica/David Lee stuff was brilliant! I love that he was concerned about her investment!

Love that Veronica gave Alicia the money. I loved the scene of them crying and hugging so much!! Also, Owen said in season 2 that Alicia was such a good girl, but ever since her mother's been in the show we've heard about how she liked bad boys (season 4) and that she was a bit of a rebel. Which is it? And what age did Alicia's parents split, I'm confused.

I'm really loving the feeling of all this sneaking about; not being able to get the loan because they can't talk to their bosses, the associates having to be quiet when Alicia was on the phone to Will, Alicia getting her mother to lie etc. I'm finding it really exciting.

Looking forward to next week

Last edited by StarryFlower; 03-29-2014 at 11:28 AM
Old 10-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Elite Fan

I am not looking forward to the Will and Diane conflict/fighting AT ALL. AT ALL
Old 10-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
I am not looking forward to the Will and Diane conflict/fighting AT ALL. AT ALL
I don't see how it's necessary, and Diane doesn't want to. WHYY

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 10-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Extreme Fan

I want to say 502 is boring, can I?
Old 10-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Anonymous (View Post)
Well tbh I was a bit disappointed by this episode too, but I'm sure the upcoming ones will make up for it.

Loved the Veronica scenes. So glad her date didn't work out, there's still hope for David Lee! (David as Alicia's stepfather would be awesome to watch). Although I would have liked to see Veronica's reaction to Alicia starting her own firm. But the bar scene was cute!

I feel so bad for Diane, she really didn't want to do it...The Will/Diane conflict is going to be epic!!

I found the case boring but the NSA listening to their phone calls is a great plot IMO.

Not enough Will!!! And last season I was complaining about the return of the love triangle but I have to admit that I kinda miss it! At least I miss storylines about Alicia's love life! No A/W nor A/P... was a bit sad! Seriously I want to know what's going on between Peter and Alicia, are they living together? If they're back together I wanna see it, we've been waiting for 4 years for them to go back to normal!

Promo for next week looks very intense, can't wait to see how everything plays out.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Anonymous (View Post)
In comparison to 5x01, it had nowhere near the "sense of urgency" or as many different plot lines all jam-packed into 1 episode, so sure, it was certainly less exciting. Not an episode I would feel the need to rewatch again the next day or whatever, as I did with 5x01. Then again, a premiere is meant to be a very exciting and intense episode whereas this one, well, I don't want to call it a "filler episode", but I believe it's main purpose was just to lay the groundwork for more bigger things to come; such as the whole NSA thing. I think this chumhum thing was merely a backdrop for the all the intended drama it's meant to bring later on. To be honest, I didn't understand all of it, would have to rewatch a couple scenes, but from what I gathered, they wanted probable cause (in the form of a terrorism threat?) to justify getting access to the Governor's phone calls, etc? Which makes my wheels start spinning and think that maybe that phone call between Peter and Will (in the promo) has something to do with the stuffed ballot box, and the NSA is listening. Who knows. They're not tracking Will's calls right? Just Alicia and Diane? So they'd have to be listening to Peter's calls in order to get that conversation.

But who knows, I'm totally just making all this up, lol.

I would agree though, the episode was rather lacklustre, apart from the always fantastic Stockard Channing (and subsequently her wonderful scenes with David Lee, as well as Alicia) and that final scene with Diane was actually the only part of the episode that really got me hyped up.

No Marilyn back yet I see. She must still be plotting her revenge somewhere, haha.

And where's Kurt? Is Diane supposed to be getting married or what? I kind of forget where they landed on that whole thing.

Becca is clearly using Grace for some grand scheme she's cooked up. Not sure what it is yet, but I'm positive it won't be pretty. I wonder if it in anyway relates to Grace looking at guns in last weeks promo?

Speaking of Becca, can't Zach just have a normal girlfriend? Becca is a borderline sociopath while Neesa apparently has the social maturity of a 12yr old. Who calls their boyfriends mothers home phone and leaves messages of themself crying? Um, call the boy's cell phone and leave your crazy on his voicemail! Or whine about him on your Facebook, like normal teenage girls do.

Again, obviously this ludicrous sup-plot was created to open a back door for this whole NSA thing, but, it's pretty lame.

No Robyn this episode, just her name mentioned. I'll gladly take the extra Kalinda though instead Not that she was really even in it all that much, but, at least she didn't have to share that time with Robyn.

I like Jeffrey Tambor as a judge Hope he comes back again sometime! (Tingles counsellor! Tingles!)

Does anybody watch The Walking Dead? Was that Supreme Court guy who was talking to Peter and Eli the guy who played Dale on TWD? Looked like him! Though it's odd seeing him in a suit and without that stupid fisherman's hat, haha.