Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-27-2013, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 5.01 Episode Discussion Thread - Everything Is Ending (09/29/13)

Episode 5.01 - Everything Is Ending

WRITTEN BY: Robert and Michelle King
DIRECTED BY: Robert King
AIRDATE: 09/29/2013

Happy TGW Sunday!
Very Happy to be back my friends!! Maybe you all enjoy S5

Summary
Alicia must focus on the firm’s efforts to prevent the execution of a convicted murderer while she secretly plans her exit from the firm with Cary. Meanwhile, Eli helps Peter assemble his staff in the governor’s office,

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 09-28-2013, 04:09 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for thread!
Old 09-28-2013, 04:33 AM
Total Fan

TFTNT!
Old 09-28-2013, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for the thread.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:36 AM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT!

It makes me super excited to see a thread for a new episode
Old 09-29-2013, 10:48 AM
Elite Fan

thanks Kicks!

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 09-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Loyal Fan

tftnt! Really looking looking forward to this!! Worried about the ratings though because of all the competition
Old 09-29-2013, 05:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Worried about the ratings though because of all the competition
Don't be. I predict we won't budge. People from the Nielsen program who are still watching the show are not into cable tv or we would have been destroyed by Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead already. If we lose anything, it will probably be more permanent.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 09-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

I certainly enjoyed the ep!
Thanks Fluff for the link.
Will be back tomorrow for further discussion.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

great episode! I loved how fast paced it was!
Old 09-29-2013, 09:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Loved the episode

Peter and Eli had the best line of the night with "Anal is what we need right now" and that being the new state motto

Loved all the snappy editing and cutaways. Made it feel all the more urgent.

Will and Diane are the perfect team!

Loved the whole secret meeting thing and the West Side story line. I wish we'd got to see a bit more of Alicia and Cary acting like bosses. They don't seem to have a clue what they're doing. But I'm excited to see more of them!

Last edited by StarryFlower; 03-29-2014 at 11:11 AM
Old 09-29-2013, 09:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Loved the whole secret meeting thing and the West Side story line. I wish we'd got to see a bit more of Alicia and Cary acting like bosses. They don't seem to have a clue what they're doing.

They'll eventually learn. Rome wasn't built in a day.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

David Lee is so sharp!!!

dont you think they can sue K for not doing her job?? i know i would!!

same goes for A , dont you hink they can sue her? shes a partner and all..??
Old 09-30-2013, 02:24 AM
Extreme Fan

I really liked it!

Alicia actually talked to Kalinda and all I could think was: goddamnit, now it's too late Even if it was by phone, I was kinda happy. And then sad. Anyway...

I like the Alicia and Cary storyline, with the new firm and how they will fit into the roles of the new bosses. But Alicia is right, they have to cut the cord

I'm sad Alicia and Cary and Robyn are leaving the firm, because I like all the dynamics now but I like the storyline possibilities (if they are done right )

I wasn't all that bothered by the kids' storyline for once. Grace is getting 'famous' And Makenzie did something to her hair and it looks super pretty, I liked it.

Quote:
dont you think they can sue K for not doing her job?? i know i would!!

same goes for A , dont you hink they can sue her? shes a partner and all..??
They both just kinda concealed information, I think. But anyway, I don't think they would sue because that's just bad press. I don't think the clients would be happy with all that happening inside their law firm. Specially in Alicia's case, her being the First Lady of Illinois, it would call a lot of attention and it would do more harm than good.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

A surprisingly good premiere. Better than last year? Nahh, last year's was a pretty good one. But to think of it more closely, did Alicia actually have that amazing of a plot line last year? I don't think so. She was more of an observer, but now she is in the eye of the storm.

- I hope this is the last death row case on this show. I think we've had three of them and although each has been different, I don't know what they can bring to the table after this.
- Doesn't mean it was a bad case. It showed just how great L&G can work together. It was a very smart move from the writers to remind us of this before it all ends.
- I'm beginning to forget Kalinda's existence. There are times when we see that Kalinda magic, but it hasn't really been consistent since S1 (in terms of writing).
- One of my main concerns has been whether David Lee is able to stay interesting now that they've made him a regular. I liked him best in family law cases, something we haven't had in the show for ages (okay there was some in Defense of Mairriage). There's a danger of him slipping from great to just good.
- I hope that Amber, I mean Marilyn, is now gone for good from the show. I don't think it would fit to Peter's current profile if he slept with someone. For the entire series he has been on this path of regret and compensation. Not to mention he went to jail. It must have woken him up.

Overall excited for the upcoming episodes. This is very promising.