Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-25-2013, 09:34 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 4.22 Episode Discussion Thread - What's In The Box? (04/28/13)

Episode 4.22 - What's In The Box?

WRITTEN BY: Robert King and Michelle King
DIRECTED BY: Robert King
AIRDATE: 04/28/2013

Happy TGW Sunday!

Summary
On the night of Peter’s gubernatorial election, Alicia, Will and Diane race to a series of emergency court proceedings when Zach believes he’s witnessed vote tampering. Meanwhile, an unlikely source offers Cary aid to start his own firm, while the conflicted feelings Alicia has in her personal and professional lives come to a head

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-25-2013, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

THIS. THREAD. IS. OPEN. ALREADY. The wait is killing meeeeeeeee Thanks Kicks

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 04-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

Hello guys! Decided to open this thread early because I am going on vacation tomorrow so not sure when I will get the chance to post it before the finale!

I will be in and out the next week or so! Enjoy the finale I will try to come back after the finale if I can

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-26-2013, 01:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks Kiki! Just a few more days!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:43 AM
New Fan

Thanks! It can't come soon enough...
Old 04-27-2013, 04:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT
Old 04-27-2013, 09:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

I thought I should post this in the Spoiler thread but I can't get into it for some reason and anyway it's just my gut hunch about what will happen in the last ep. But don't read if you don't want to be spoiled b/c I could be right.

Alicia is in a love-triangle quandary; can't figure out what to do; confides in Will. Aware now of her helplessness and Veronica's urging that he do something, his mind goes into gear about how to fix things.

Meanwhile Zach gets wind of Democratic vote-rigging in Peter's campaign, hence the ballot "box." He tells Eli. Eli enlists LG help. Not Alicia for obvious reasons, so Will takes the case. Long story short, in exchange for Will's competent representation, and ensuring that Peter comes out clean....and wins the election, he has to forfeit Alicia. Maybe Will doesn't put it to Peter in so many words, but that's the tacit deal. Essentially Peter gets put in a position where he has to choose between Alicia or the governorship. He chooses the governorship. No one ever knows of this except Peter and Will. It becomes this pact with the devil that forever binds them....another secret "box" if you will. In the end it's a win/win/win. Peter gets to be governor; Will looks like a hero in Alicia's and Zach's eyes; Alicia gets free. (It seems like she has already accepted Peter's proposal ring, so I have no clue how that's going to unravel. Maybe Peter would have to say he changed his mind. Yuck...that would be ugly.)

Does it sound plausible, guys? In my head it would conform to that grey moral tone the Kings like so much, and it would set up Season 5 nicely. In the future Will and Peter would have to play nice with each other while harbouring deep mistrust, so the dramatic tension would always be there. Alicia would be able to decide what she wants....and we know what that is.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:38 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karma7 (View Post)
I thought I should post this in the Spoiler thread but I can't get into it for some reason and anyway it's just my gut hunch about what will happen in the last ep. But don't read if you don't want to be spoiled b/c I could be right.

Alicia is in a love-triangle quandary; can't figure out what to do; confides in Will. Aware now of her helplessness and Veronica's urging that he do something, his mind goes into gear about how to fix things.

Meanwhile Zach gets wind of Democratic vote-rigging in Peter's campaign, hence the ballot "box." He tells Eli. Eli enlists LG help. Not Alicia for obvious reasons, so Will takes the case. Long story short, in exchange for Will's competent representation, and ensuring that Peter comes out clean....and wins the election, he has to forfeit Alicia. Maybe Will doesn't put it to Peter in so many words, but that's the tacit deal. Essentially Peter gets put in a position where he has to choose between Alicia or the governorship. He chooses the governorship. No one ever knows of this except Peter and Will. It becomes this pact with the devil that forever binds them....another secret "box" if you will. In the end it's a win/win/win. Peter gets to be governor; Will looks like a hero in Alicia's and Zach's eyes; Alicia gets free. (It seems like she has already accepted Peter's proposal ring, so I have no clue how that's going to unravel. Maybe Peter would have to say he changed his mind. Yuck...that would be ugly.)

Does it sound plausible, guys? In my head it would conform to that grey moral tone the Kings like so much, and it would set up Season 5 nicely. In the future Will and Peter would have to play nice with each other while harbouring deep mistrust, so the dramatic tension would always be there. Alicia would be able to decide what she wants....and we know what that is.
I'd love it if it happens this way! But in my mind ( and I am spoiler free ) it's always gonna be Peter. I think Will will sacrifice himself once again.

The episode description says Cary gets an unlikely ally..who would it be? I have a feeling it might be Sweeney.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

TO-FREAKING-MORROW

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 04-27-2013, 01:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
TO-FREAKING-MORROW
Nooooo for me it's the day after It will be monday morning, I can't take it. I honestly think I'll wake up at 5 AM spontaneously again (like I did last week) and then start the download, check out the boards, tumblr and youtube, sleep two more hours (or will try) and then wake up when it's finished.

But what I'm going to try: just sleep till 8 AM like a normal person. Download the episode, take a shower and make breakfast (without walking back and forth to my laptop to see how the download is progressing), and then sit down on my bed with my laptop (again, like a normal person). And only after watching the episode, I'll get on the boards like a crazy TGW person.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:55 AM
Total Fan

TFTNT!

Can't wait for the finale!

Quote:
But what I'm going to try: just sleep till 8 AM like a normal person. Download the episode, take a shower and make breakfast (without walking back and forth to my laptop to see how the download is progressing), and then sit down on my bed with my laptop (again, like a normal person). And only after watching the episode, I'll get on the boards like a crazy TGW person
Sounds exactly like my plan for tomorrow
Old 04-28-2013, 10:40 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahwrites89 (View Post)
Nooooo for me it's the day after It will be monday morning, I can't take it. I honestly think I'll wake up at 5 AM spontaneously again (like I did last week) and then start the download, check out the boards, tumblr and youtube, sleep two more hours (or will try) and then wake up when it's finished.
I see!!! Tomorrow all we "crazy"Europeans TGW fan will get up early. Me too. At 5 am! hope to find my favorite web site where I can see it without downloading it first and then I wil get my kids in the kindergarten and me to work where I can read all the comments on the forum And in the evening again TGW!!!

And then ..... 5 month of .... fanforum and survivor games!!

Can't wait!!! Few hours!!

TO HELL WITH BAD TIMING. WE TALK. William Paul Gardner
Old 04-28-2013, 07:09 PM
New Fan

Was Sweeney calling her, "A-lee-she-ah?". That was weird.

Back with more thoughts later.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:23 PM
Loyal Fan

I knew it wouldn't be Will at the door but I thought it was going to be Sweeney, not Cary

Last edited by StarryFlower; 03-29-2014 at 11:01 AM