Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-20-2013, 11:16 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 4.21 Episode Discussion Thread - A More Perfect Union (04/21/13)

Episode 4.21 - A More Perfect Union

WRITTEN BY: Craig Turk
DIRECTED BY: Michael Zinberg
AIRDATE: 04/21/2013

Happy TGW Sunday!

Summary
Alicia represents a group of software coders in a contract dispute as a favor to her mother, but the case causes unexpected consequences to the firm. Meanwhile, Peter asks Alicia to renew their vows and Kalinda plays two sides of the firm against each other.

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the thread. I think it's gonna be a good episode.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

two more eps.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Tftnt! Can't wait for this ep!
Old 04-22-2013, 02:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT
Given the epi and the promo, all the discussions happen in the Alicia&Will and Alicia&Peter threads
Old 04-22-2013, 02:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

I guess us Europeans have to start the debate. I feel strange about this episode. Mainly because I don't like the love triangle and it's getting pretty obvious what's going to happen in the finale.

The whole campaign plot this season has been a little disapointing. It felt great for the earlier part of the season, but when it started to get clearer that Kresteva is not going to be around for more than one episode for this season... Such lost oppoturnities! I know this propably couldn't be helped, but it's still annoying. Then they used the same trick of "St Alicia giving an interview in the final hour of the campaign" although they should have tried something different. At least her interview was different. The difference between Alicia now and Alicia then is astronomical.

Okay, enough with the rant because at least everything happening inside L&G walls is great quality tv. Just the scenes with David Lee were marvelous. And I am definitely shipping Davodica.

Just one observation... Where has our Emmy winning recurring star Martha Plimpton been all this season?
Old 04-22-2013, 04:00 AM
Supreme Fan

I've heard Martha Plimpton will be there in the finale

Overall I liked this episode, but I am getting a bit more disturbed by the lack of Alicia/Kalinda. I know I am one of the people that defended by saying it was realistic ( and I stand by it! ) but it begins to feel as the writers are doing everything they can to avoid them having in one room.

Also it's pretty obvious Alicia will choose Peter at any given time. I don't ship her with either Will or Peter, but it's just so obvious. I like Alicia, but her choices regarding the men in her life are are all made so her kids remain happy. That's what I think anyway. Not saying she should run to Will, because I actually don't want those two together at all. They tried it, but it just didn't work out. If she's with Peter she lusts Will, and when she's with Will she feels guilty because of Peter and the kids. She should figure out her issues first before the jumps into another ''relationship''.

Loved the dynamics within the office, especially Kalinda playing both ways ( no pun intended ^^ ). But I am starting to think they will not ''break up '' in the finale. I'm sure this plot will be the main center in season 5. Sad, because I'm actually looking forward to that story-line ( Cary leaving - Kalinda possible leaving - Kalinda/Robyn jealousy - Alicia's role, etc ), and I prefer it over that stupid triangle at any given time.

Loved seeing Nancy Crozier again! Always nice to see her influence all kind of judges with her '' New girl in the court '' act. And her '' My mum has one just like it '' lines always make me smile.

I'm sure the finale will be about the triangle mostly, but I'm still looking forward to it in a big way. Can't believe we'll have to wait untill September for a new season. I love the summer, but I hate that we don't get new TGW episodes in it, haha!
Old 04-22-2013, 04:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Earth day/week, whatever and we got another bunch of recycled stuff.

St. Alicia interview - I liked that one. Like Substance said, the difference from now and then is just huge.

The love triangle. Cannot wait for that to be over! It was confusing at first, and now it's just annoying. Soon enough this will go from the good wife to the cheater wife. Though I believe the promo scene tasted like the last donut on Sunday night before you start a diet on Monday. We'll see. Do not have my hopes up.

I personally do not like unions at all (specially the one in the company I work for) so I found the background story mostly annoying. Also, Crozier's kinda lost her appeal. Maybe like Sweeney. We know how they'll behave, it's predictable by now. Another piece of recycled goods. Though I would like to see Martha Plimpton back. Luuuve her sarcasm!

Kalinda is jealous of Robyn and it's entertaining, but that's all. On one hand one would understand. On the other, she's just taking anything Robyn says as pure truth and pushing for yet again another salary negotiation. Like Will said, everytime she pulls that, it works a little bit less. She is definitely a very important player in this game, but not absolutely indispensable. So...IMHO if she really cares about the money she should concentrate on overthrowing Robyn rather than betting on the "imaginary" firm, as Will wisely put.

David Lee...OMG!!! I wish I was his niece. Or rather, I wish he'd give the Directors (of the company I work for) a lesson on how to deal with Unions!!! Flawless!! Everytime we're graced with his presence and dialogues I feel like I've got so much to learn from the man!

Well, that's it for now. Will watch this again, since last's night's streaming was awful.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the episode. It's been better than the usual.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

I have to say that I really enjoyed the first ten minutes of the episode, and I enjoyed the scene between Alicia, Veronica and Owen, because it was so funny and tragic at the same time. The rest of the episode I was... I don't know... waiting for something interesting to happen, something that would move me or excite me or upset me the way the show once did.

I don't know what's wrong with me, I would have never thought that I would say this one day about TGW but I'm starting to get bored. The once so complex characters are reduced to one-dimensional personalities in Season 4. David Lee is doing nothing else but being a creep (except for his Veronica-comment - that was priceless), Kalinda Sharma is either performing investigator-miracles or asking for more money, Alicia Florrick is only hopping back and forth between Peter and Will episode after episode after episode, Eli Gold is constantly getting upset about something, Will is either a badass business man or looking like a wounded dog because he can't have Alicia, and Peter Florrick is the most one-dimensional character of all and seems to come right from a Daily Soap with his campaign bus: all he wants is to win the campaign (does he have a political message or anything?) and his wife back.

I think they really managed to confuse the audience so that we don't know what the next steps will be (Alicia, Cary, Diane, Peter, Will, Kalinda). Well done. But my problem is: I don't care anymore. It's so sad because I once cared about these characters so much. Cary Argos is still refreshing and Diane Lockhart too (and maybe the kids because we see them so rarely), but that's it for me. I don't see anyone growing or changing (I mean internally, not externally). To be honest, I'm kind of glad that the show has a long hiatus because in my opinion TPTB need some time to refresh the show and make their characters interesting again. It's just too superficial for me right now (or maybe I'm not able to recognize the depth of it).

Last edited by Kimlegaspi; 04-22-2013 at 06:27 AM
Old 04-22-2013, 06:13 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
The rest of the episode I was... I don't know... waiting for something interesting to happen
Dito! I didn't feel bored and I don't feel like the show is losing my interest but I must admit that it felt mostly like a fill-in episode. The case was mediocre at best. I'm sick of the triangle. Kalinda won't leave Will, no matter how much Cary offers and it seems obvious Alicia will be joining Cary at this 'imaginary firm'.

I thought all along that Alicia would say 'yes' to the proposal in the end. Not sure she'll go through with it, though.

Bring on 4x22! I'm ready for whatever is thrown my way!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Good episode! Always great to see Veronica and Owen. Roll on next week!!

Last edited by StarryFlower; 03-19-2014 at 04:50 PM
Old 04-22-2013, 08:39 AM
Elite Fan

The episode was good! If I would have skipped the promo I would be in a much better mood today though But even still I got some goodies

-Alicia should mock her mother ALWAYS!!! Vero should be in every episode!
-Oh the return of Nancy, she is always a join and a pain in the butt
-David Lee's face when Alicia mentions Veronica
-Veronica is the best thing to ever hapoen to TGW She is CRAZY, out of her mind, but damn I love her I am so Stockard biased That scene with Will was intense, so Alicia says she cannot talk to Peter so she goes to Will SMH the woman is out her mind
-Kalind and this healthcare stuff, that storyline was soooo lazy. Are they kidding me? I honestly from an HR point of view didn't get it. And even if she wasn't a freelance eomployee, there is no way she will be having a fit over Robyn having it. I didn't get that.
-Alicia and Peter will forever owne my heart sigh!

As for Robert King playing with this idea of Alicia "cheating" nothing makes me feel more sick than that

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Supreme Fan

I agree that choosing Will would provide some new stories. A real adult relationship out in the open that is. I'm not looking for another secret relationship between them which ends because Alicia feels guilty once again. The kids are old enough, and Grace even admitted to her mum that she should follow her heart. But I doubt that will happen. Even if the promo tries to play with our minds, I still believe Alicia will choose Peter once and for all ( ? ). It's ''The Good Wife'' after all.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

I know I've waved the "unspoiled" banner above my head all this season and to this day it has been true, but with so much gossiping going on right here in the "no spoilers" thread, I went and watched the finale promo. And I was not surprised at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
I agree that choosing Will would provide some new stories. A real adult relationship out in the open that is.
How about not making such a big deal about Alicia's relationships at all and just spending the time on something else? We've had this triangle for 4 seasons now, let it go. I want to get out of this spiral of recycled storylines.