Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-17-2013, 09:26 AM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 4.17 Episode Discussion Thread - Invitation To An Inquest (03/17/13)

Episode 4.17 - Invitation To An Inquest

WRITTEN BY: Julia Wolfe and Matthew Montoya
DIRECTED BY: Jullia Wolfe
AIRDATE: 03/17/2013

Happy TGW Sunday!

Summary
Alicia and Will’s latest case brings them to an inquest at the coroner’s office, where they are hindered by a strict rule that limits their questioning to three per witness. Also, Cary’s father returns to bring new business to the firm and Eli schemes against Jordan

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

Two new writers on one episode? Oh boy Funny to see a director getting writing credits, I wonder what happened there.

It's not the one with Danielle, is it?

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
It's not the one with Danielle, is it?
Nope the next one

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

Okie doke. Well, I wanted it to be this episode just because I'll be distracted next week. and I don't mean by the return of Evil Chandler Bing.

Not much to say about this episode really. I snored through the case nicely.

Liked the scenes with Cary and his *a-hole* Dad but they felt a little reheated from last time, no?
Diane was forgettable, which is unforgivable! And they disposed of two very big hyped "guests" in one quick pull like a band aid... much ado about nothing.

Liked the Kalinda/Robyn interaction for what it was. Oh and now Alicia and Kalinda don't even talk on the phone anymore. Alicia talks to Robyn and Will talks to Kalinda. They need surrogates on the phone now too

Old 03-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Elite Fan

Overall episode was good, as satisfying as last week! But not really as much gushing as I did last week

-What did Kalinda tell that dude? **** so good I just love how mesmerized Robyn is just looking at Kalinda work her magic.
-The case, I was in an out, and pretty confuse by it But thats why I rewatch
- And yea now Robyn is giving A/W the report, and A/K not even speak on the phone SIGH
-Cary and his dad, it was nice to have him back. It was more interesting than the case for sure. His dad is such an *******
-Democratic Election over, thank god Bye bye Jordan
-A/W talk about being friends and then the Kings pull that elevator ****. And Alicia sounded genuinely seriously about them being friends, oh well

I just need next week NOW Stockard that dress

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-18-2013, 01:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Kinda basic TGW episode. That's okay, we need these kind of episodes to make the peaks higher.

- I have a feeling that we haven't heard the last of Maddie yet.
- Batman and Robyn working together wonderfully as usual.
- I think the case was good, but would this kind of shifts and turns happen in real life? Unlikely. It was forced to be shifty.
- Eli is a snake. Ohh who cares, at least Jordan is gone now. Why do I think of super white teeth when I think of Jordan???
- Didn't really care about Cary and his farther. Good thing that they now have a clear plot with Cary though.
- Alicia was like a ghost from S1. I like the look of this ghost, but I don't like the Willicia part of the ghost.

Dunno anything about next episode, but it seems we can expect fireworks!!! Alicia is dressed to go to war.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

I really liked the episode! I think next week's episode will be much better but I preferred this one to last week's. And I seriously think they should have done a special 2 hours episodie, 4.17 and 4.18 back to back: I can't wait a whole week to see that dinner!!! Way too long!!

-I'm surprised at how much I like Robyn, very likeable character! Kalinda and her work well together
-Case of the week had a bit too many twists but still great to watch
-Don't know how Cary can be so likeable and awesome with a dad like that... I feel so bad for him! But he ended on a high note, telling his dad off, proud of him
-Will/Alicia: OMG so much tension!! Love that! Will loves her so much it's almost painful to watch. And with what I saw about next week's episode i'm really excited about what's to come. I love my a/w/p triangle!
-Alicia in that dress is just wow! And the Zach storyline was great. Contrary to most here I love having the kids on the episodes and see Alicia as a mom.
-Only annoying things, Peter should have been in the episode, should have seen P's reaction to winning the primary as well as a talk between him and A about the Zach situation.
-And omg Veronica coming next week, this is heaven!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

I felt this episode laid the ground work for what's to come - next week and then the finale.

- Batman/Robyn interaction was great. Robyn doesn't behave like a hyperactive puppy, but yet shows respect and a will to learn from her "boss". The only thing I found completly off character is why would K ever leave her phone on the car allowing Robyn to pick it up (and possibly looking through her phone)? Anywaaayyss...

- Will/Alicia... I felt that was artificial, just to get some A/W fans worked up. I didn't feel the luv, sorry...

- Cary had more than 5 lines and he was actually working and not sucking at flirting. Liked that. Family story lines usually make up for good drama. Hope to see more of that coming.

- So happy Jordan is gone. Those big cheeks bothered me! ew!

- Red is definitely Alicia's color.

- I don't see the big deal with the lack of A/K scenes. OK, we all wanna see them being friends and stuff and it will happen. I don't think it's done on purpose and I know I suggested there might be some JM/AP issues, but IMHO we don't have any hard evidence to support that. If I were Alicia I wouldn't give K a lot of space either... Aaanyways... I'm sure they'll be back sharing the screen soon, just not in the idealist ways many fans want it to happen.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
The only thing I found completly off character is why would K ever leave her phone on the car allowing Robyn to pick it up (and possibly looking through her phone)? Anywaaayyss...
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe because they were trying so very hard to keep A/K from talking to each other, even on the phone. It doesn't matter if Kalinda was out of character as long as there were absolutely no AK interaction. Not a easy job!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Alicia and Will perfection

As if they'll ever just be friends.

What was up with Zach. I wasn't sure if he lied to Alicia about planning to break up with Nessa anyway, I hope he did cos otherwise, what a jerk.

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 03-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

It was a decent episode. They had better cases this season but I enjoyed Will and Alicia working so well together and really liked watching Kalinda and her sidekick. I also liked Cary's storyline (and felt sorry for him) and Zach's storyline with Nisa - although I was disappointed that Zach broke up with her. I always liked Nisa.

To be honest, I'm surprised that Alicia's feelings for Will are back all of a sudden (and so strongly!), because she had told Owen so clearly that she didn't love Will. Now she seems seriously confused again and can't even be in the same elevator with him - after a year of completely platonic co-working. Well, it sure will get interesting next episode when Will, Peter and Alicia will be in the same room. Speaking of the same room (I know I'm repeating myself), the lack of A/K interaction is getting ridiculous.

Last edited by Kimlegaspi; 03-18-2013 at 02:55 PM
Old 03-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

What is up with the lame dialogue? "Alicia, I don't want to be wary of you." Seriously who talks like that?
Old 03-18-2013, 08:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
-What did Kalinda tell that dude? **** so good
I thought he was going to cover his balls

Quote:
he only thing I found completly off character is why would K ever leave her phone on the car allowing Robyn to pick it up (and possibly looking through her phone)?
Yep. No sense at all.

Quote:
-The case, I was in an out, and pretty confuse by it But thats why I rewatch
I was snoring through it.

Quote:
- Eli is a snake. Ohh who cares, at least Jordan is gone now. Why do I think of super white teeth when I think of Jordan???
How on earth did it take him so long to use Alicia like that, I'll never know.

Quote:
-Only annoying things, Peter should have been in the episode
Right? It felt so weird!

Quote:
- Will/Alicia... I felt that was artificial, just to get some A/W fans worked up. I didn't feel the luv, sorry...
They're just draaaaaaaagging the end, aren't they?

Quote:
As if they'll ever just be friends.
Well, they are neither and nowhere right now.

Quote:
To be honest, I'm surprised that Alicia's feelings for Will are back all of a sudden (and so strongly!)
Feelings? I didn't see any feelings. Again. It was all about lust. Again. Which is starting to make Alicia look like a nympho or something but feelings?

Quote:
If I were Alicia I wouldn't give K a lot of space either...
But why? Now that they're supposedly friendly again, it's like they are still on different planets (and it feels extremely contrived) but they don't even have a reason anymore.

Quote:
Aaanyways... I'm sure they'll be back sharing the screen soon, just not in the idealist ways many fans want it to happen.
What idealist way? I just want S1 back! They don't talk as friends, fine, I don't want them to jump each other's bones or anything. I just want them to work together when they are supposed to. But no, we get a new character JUST to play interference? Last season we got Blondie #1 (what was her name? Caitlin?) who was a lawyer and basically investigated just so Kalinda and Alicia wouldn't have to share the screen and now it's Robyn?

Quote:
What is up with the lame dialogue? "Alicia, I don't want to be wary of you." Seriously who talks like that?
my thoughts exactly! Bad bad dialogue. But then the one from Alicia trying to sound badass in the promo for next episode had me rolling on the floor too. Oh, TGW, don't try to be cable, you don't know how.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
They're just draaaaaaaagging the end, aren't they?
Thats if they ever really put an end to it

Quote:
I'm surprised that Alicia's feelings for Will are back all of a sudden (and so strongly!),
Its cause it makes no sense After a 1.5 year or nothing all of a sudden something is there again. Also A/W have been having the same conversation for 4 seasons, is about time they try something else.

Quote:
But then the one from Alicia trying to sound badass in the promo for next episode had me rolling on the floor too
mmmh I am so excited to see this line of screen, Alicia actually something unholly I cannot wait.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-20-2013, 07:15 AM
Supreme Fan

I just joined these forums but I love that there are more people liking the Good Wife so much! It's definately my favorite drama that's currently airing on TV alongside Grey's Anatomy.

The last episode was amazing once again. The case was ok ( they had better ones ), but I especially liked the Kalinda/Robyn dynamic. I started laughing the moment they walked into that motel and they got asked wether they wanted to book a room. Their faces were priceless. Robyn amused and Kalinda horrified. Followed by Robin sorting out those pamflets on the desk as a true OCD, haha.

But I agree, I want more Kalinda/Alicia scenes! I get it will never be the same since Kalinda slept with Peter years ago but I thought they kind of fixed their friendship. So give us more scenes between them! I always love that episode in which Kalinda visits Alicia's home ( Zach totally in love with Kalinda, ha ) and they open up a bit to each other.

And go Eli! I love T.R. Knight, but his character was annoying as hell.