Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 4.16 Episode Discussion Thread - Runnin' With The Devil! (03/10/13)

Episode 4.16 - Runnin' With The Devil

WRITTEN BY: Meredith Averill
DIRECTED BY: Christopher Misiano
AIRDATE: 03/10/2013

Happy TGW Sunday!

Summary
Jailed drug dealer Lemond Bishop requests that Alicia work with lawyer Charles Lester, but as witnesses against Bishop begin recanting their testimony, she begins to suspect that Lester’s meek appearance isn’t all it seems. Also, Kalinda is forced to train a new investigator and Cary makes a risky move

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Master Fan

I'm ready!

- Mel
Old 03-10-2013, 03:42 PM
Passionate Fan

TFTNT happy the good wife day!
Old 03-10-2013, 05:07 PM
Elite Fan

I love the DST delay in the US! We get the episode already!

thanks Kicks!

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Master Fan

Damn that's early.
I made my icon.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

That was quite satisfying and good

-Alicia and Kalinda not one scene together again but boy did I love the fact that Alicia was ALL up in there about the hiring of a second investigator. She even mentioned Blake Like for real, like she totally cared I know is not a scene but wow that warmeeddddd my heart
-I liked the new investigator chick She was cool, didn't try to overstep to much. And did Kalinda really just close the door on her face? HAHAHA
-When K storms into Will's office, is that skirt shorter than usual?!! Also all that lip biting Kalinda did, I am gonna be having some sexy fantasies tonight
-Alicia working so damn hard and this Lester dude totally undermining everything she did Ohhh boy! SMH.....Also Bishop's sister was out of her mind right? Does she not know what he did to his own wife?
-Cary got so lucky, Kalinda didn't spill the beans about what he is doing. I love that Kalinda had his back it was really sweet. I need friends like that! I just don't get why he always goes in for the kiss? can he just say "thank you"
-Diane/Will are just plain amazing. Diane is always so reasonable and level headed I LOVE HER! And was Will singing SO amazing

Overall really enjoyed that

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Lemond Bishop being set free was disturbing. Don't like that guy.

Other than that, it was nice to see Kalinda again even if she was being surly to the cute investigator. I thought her grumpiness was uncalled for but in line with her character. I'm sure she felt her ego being crushed.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Damn that's early.
Canada!

Quote:
-Alicia and Kalinda not one scene together again but boy did I love the fact that Alicia was ALL up in there about the hiring of a second investigator.
Alicia had feelings! That had to do with Kalinda! and she didn't even roll her eyes when Diane said they were friends! It's like sex, no? in some cultures it is (I guess that's why they thought they didn't need AN ACTUAL SCENE!!!!! )

Quote:
She even mentioned Blake Like for real, like she totally cared
Not by name though. He-who-shall-not-be-named shall remain unnamed.

Quote:
-I liked the new investigator chick She was cool, didn't try to overstep to much. And did Kalinda really just close the door on her face?
I'm soooo worried about this character now. She's so... cute and non-threatening in her "I want to learn from you" way... I smell an Eve Harrington. Anyone else?

Quote:
Other than that, it was nice to see Kalinda again even if she was being surly to the cute investigator. I thought her grumpiness was uncalled for but in line with her character. I'm sure she felt her ego being crushed.
Well, they really handled it all wrong. I don't think it was uncalled for, it was typical Kalinda. She's very territorial and they ****ed up. She just needs to warm up to the kid. Kalinda never holds a grudge without a reason, remember the pilot with Alicia?

And again, I hope she doesn't get MargoChanninged but time will tell

I did like Weixler's performance though so. Well, she's a Juilliard's graduate, I shouldn't have been expecting any less but still... and damn she looks young!
She tweeted that pic tonight

-
Quote:
When K storms into Will's office, is that skirt shorter than usual?!!
the guys on twitter seemed to think so

Quote:
Also all that lip biting Kalinda did, I am gonna be having some sexy fantasies tonight
TMI, thanks! but really it had to be with Cary? I don't see it, sorry. He's a puppy.

Quote:
-Cary got so lucky, Kalinda didn't spill the beans about what he is doing.
I'm loving that he's still going ahead and wants to leave the firm! You go, dude! Now I hope Alicia gets tired of the office politics and grow a spine and leave the firm with him at the end of the season. L&G can keep the drug lords and the teenage investigators.

Quote:
I just don't get why he always goes in for the kiss?
Um... he's a dude? and breathing? what do you expect?

I'm not going to say I'm pleased with the Cary/Kalinda end but at least we didn't get to see anything because
a) the actors just cannot sell it and they are both great but it's just... like kissing you brother
b) I can leave them to their subtext and ignore it and Kalinda was like "um dude, you're in love with me and i'm not so don't get your hopes up" and finally that seems just right.

What else?

What is up with Will and Diane stabbing everyone in the back this season? I'm not being facetious. What's up with that??
First Alicia and Cary. Now Kalinda. Couldn't they tell her they were hiring someone to work with her? What was the issue there?
Oh and please, people, remember she's an investigator? The lobby was basically a Law and Order convention!

oh yeah FINALLY loved all the guests on an episode! And ofc they were not the ones CBS hypes! Wallace Shawn! I'm *shocked* they didn't sneak an "inconceivable" in there. Seriously!
Audra was just great and in scenes with Bebe! and Tracie Thoms (Bishop's sister) was awesome too! Look at those people! The theatre nerd in me is on cloud 9!

I need to rewatch and gather my thoughts but oh... Alicia is so naive again. Good to get a reminder of it... every 2 episodes or so

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Last edited by Gelfling; 03-10-2013 at 08:45 PM
Old 03-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
When K storms into Will's office, is that skirt shorter than usual?!!
YES it definitely was
Old 03-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Extreme Fan

I liked this episode very much. It felt like all characters had screen time, finally! (did someone not get screen time? I may have missed something ) And the guests were great.

The new investigator is weird, I think I like her

I wish A/K had scenes again, but at least we had Alicia looking out for Kalinda.

Loved Will and Diane and talk about the firm that wasn't about how they had no money, etcetera. The firm's dynamic when it's not about money is very nice and the 'family' side of it is too.

Quote:
-When K storms into Will's office, is that skirt shorter than usual?!! Also all that lip biting Kalinda did, I am gonna be having some sexy fantasies tonight
So I wasn't the only one who noticed that? The lip biting...
Old 03-11-2013, 01:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Finally a good, solid The Good Wife episode again. Every character had some screen time and it was a very good and interesting storyline. They had great guest stars but not at the cost of the regular characters. It was so very nice to see more of Kalinda, more of Cary, more of Will and Diane, and Julianna acted as brilliantly as always. To be honest, I was just shaking my head when I heard of the new investigator but actually it gave Kalinda some great scenes and it was fun to watch these two together. It was also fun to watch Kalinda and Cary, although I definitely prefer her with Alicia. Nice that Alicia backed her up but the way it was told it seemed to be more about demonstrating (again) that Alicia has a conflict of loyalty now that she’s an equity partner.

Yes, Diane, exactly: Alicia and Kalinda are friends. But what you don’t know is that they are telepathic friends. In the times of the virtual media Apple needed do create something new and groundbreaking after all this iphone, ipad, ipod stuff and they invented this fabulous telepathic technique, especially for very busy (or disconnected) people and Alicia is using it a lot. It’s better than any webcam or skype or facebook, you don’t need any phones, offices, hotel rooms or bed rooms, you don’t need any bars or tequilas or beers, no smiles, not eye contacts, no talks - it’s just there you know, invisible for everybody else. Alicia and Kalinda don’t need to talk, they don’t need to greet each other when they meet in the hallway, they don’t even need to be in the same room together. Isn’t that amazing? Alicia uses the new technique with her kids too and also with that campaign nomade (what was his name? Oh yes, Peter) from time to time. You should really try that with Kurt too!

By the way, that lip biting and the looks on the next day - did that mean that Cary and Kalinda made out? I'm just asking...

Edited to add: My favorite moment was Christine Baranski's facial expression when Alicia asked that ex-cop about working with a female colleague and he answered something like "I love women and women love me". Feminist Diane was so pissed off (like "You will so not work in my firm!") and had difficulty to keep a polite face and Alicia was like "Oh my God, it worked. I did it, I played her! This equity partner stuff is actually fun!"

Last edited by Kimlegaspi; 03-11-2013 at 04:35 AM
Old 03-11-2013, 03:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

I enjoyed last week's episode immensely so although I would call this episode "just another TGW episode", it was extremely well written and deserves praise. They should just change the show's name to The Great Wife.

- Will and Diane singing, arguing and "reloading". Wonderful television.
- Alicia vs. her Nemesis was a huge accomplishment from the writers. Alicia propably has a small want to show what she is capable of, but gets shown in bad light from time to time because of Bishop. Drugs are dirty.
- Our cries were heard when they showered us with lots of deliciously vicious Kalinda. I like the side-kick. Though I have to say that seeing K explode to one of those ex-cops would have been delightful as well. And ohh! Kalinda and Cary so had sex, they so had sex.

No idea what we're gonna get next week, but things are moving in overly promising direction.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Such a nice episode.

- Loved Will/Diane interaction! Damn, I wanna be Diane when I grow up! ...also love how there is no wrong time for drinking with those two.

- Kalinda/Robyn interaction. I could have not anticipated that. So cool! Loved Robyn! Yeah, of course she could turn out to be a bitch later on, but I'm gonna stay positive and wish they become friends so Kalinda can have another drinking partner besides awkward Alicia or creepy Cary.

- C/K bar thing and day after scene...two letters: EW! (can't find the goddamn barfing emoticon).

- Lemond Bishop is such a great character! Always makes up for interesting story lines and well written stuff. I found the little gnome lawyer pretty creepy but then again, that's the kinda thing we should expect from Bishop.

- Alicia's nemesis... cool character. Fiery, good lawyer. I liked that. ...made me wanna bump into some old college acquaintances..
Old 03-11-2013, 07:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I liked this episode very much. It felt like all characters had screen time, finally! (did someone not get screen time? I may have missed something )
Eli wasn't in it! I don't miss him that much either!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeLyn (View Post)
Eli wasn't in it! I don't miss him that much either!
Peter and the kids weren't in it either...didn't miss any of them or the political angle at all personally.

Will: No, you know what? I'm not just dropping this. You wanna know my plan? My plan is I love you, okay? I've probably loved you ever since Georgetown. So phone me. I'll meet you anywhere and we will make a plan. Avatar by Karen