Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 4.15 Episode Discussion Thread - Going For The Gold (03/03/2013)

Episode 4.15 - Going for The Gold

WRITTEN BY: Leonard Dick
DIRECTED BY: Rosemary Rodriguez
AIRDATE: 03/03/2013

Happy TGW Sunday!

Summary
When the Justice Department refuses to reveal who will be testifying against Eli, Elsbeth takes Assistant U.S. Attorney Josh Perrotti to civil court for defamation in order to force him to answer her questions under oath. Meanwhile, Jordan helps Peter prepare for a debate and Alicia’s relationship with her co-workers evolves

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-02-2013, 05:17 PM
Passionate Fan

TFTNT can't wait for that court scene... love Elsbeth so much...
Old 03-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

You are welcome

Decided to post this tonight cause not sure when I will get home tomorrow before the episode airs! (but no worries, I will make sure to get home before 9pm )

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-03-2013, 02:56 AM
Total Fan

Tftnt!
Old 03-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Still can't believe they stole my Eli-Kalinda fanfic title!

Thanks Kiki!

ETA: Elsbeth for the win! That's all.

Oh and I can't wait for Archie to guest star on the show! Maybe we'd finally get to see her for more than 2 mn (even if they were Elsbeth scenes and as such way superior... maybe because no love interest? )

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Last edited by Gelfling; 03-03-2013 at 08:17 PM
Old 03-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

Episode was good, not as strong as the last two I feel. It had really great scenes that I really enjoyed/loved but overall just ok to me.

-Elsbeth was great again! Loved how she kicks ass! Is there anything Elsbeth cannot do? However I am also glad this Eli storyline is coming to an end.
-Jackie is back and being her crazy old self
-Eli/Peter bromance, that was kind of cute
-Alicia having to exercise her management skills, that was really interesting. Though it bums me out that it puts A/C back in opposing sides. I get that there had to be a shift, just I don't know wish it didn't cause more drama for A/C.
-I have to agree that the lack of Kalinda is terrible, two scenes, not enough at all. Hopefully now that this Eli arc is done we might get more Kalinda. And my wish of more Alicia/Kalinda, gosh please!
-Will/Laura I saw that episodes ago, and figured it was coming. But I still prefer Callie.
-Now I got to say, Diane helping with the debate really surprised me and not sure it makes sense. But oh boy did I like that P/D haven't really shared many scenes together so I liked that. It was a fun scene.
-Alicia at the debate, helping I will limit my gushing to A/P thread

Promo for next four look great

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-03-2013, 10:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Overall I liked the epi quite a bite, because I PREFER epis that have less angst, fighting, and this one was leaning on cute

Yes, I have written elsewhere,
, but there really is problem with kalinda! They really do not know what to do with her character. It seems that if a case does not need an investigator there is nothing for her to do.. Literally. And not sure how they can solve it, she is an investigator. Unless they I've her more scenes with Alicia, and I do know know what the big deal is with that, other than Alcia is always spread all over too thin. But why can't she have a confidant, now, when she is managing, not jut being a lawyer.

Elspeth is great,but I do not see her as a regular..small does
Also glad to see turnaround of Eli/Peter...the whole piece with the debte communication ws not totally realistic ...they wld have covered it earlier.. ie what Eli was saying..
Like the guests,they are all wonderful BUT I continuebo thinkitbis t expense of other characters..Where are the kids? No tomatoes please!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
-Will/Laura I saw that episodes ago, and figured it was coming. But I still prefer Callie.
Me too!!!

Alright, I think this was an excellent episode and one of this season's highs.

- Finally a strong political episode that I expected most of this season to be.
- Jordan's gonna get sacked.
- We can finally say goodbye to Maddie Hayworth soon. C'mon, bring in Kresteva!
- Seeing Parrati get beaten both in and out of the court was sensational. The person who writes Elsbeth's lines is a genious.
- Alicia has a small and interesting storyline.

And best of all. Next episode actually comes, next week.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

I found it funny that Maura Tierney and Chris Noth apparently had a cold, but Alicia and Will were the ones who were supposed to have it .

Regarding the episode: I was glad that there were at least a few little islands (Peter and Eli and Elsbeth for instance) for me to hold on. Usually I like TGW's comedy episode and I was pretty happy with the "sports" episode a while ago, but this episode didn't feel like TGW anymore. I felt like I was watching a show for kids (or at least for a pretty retarded audience). This annoying lawyer who had "I'm the narcissistic bad boy who will loose in the end" written all over his face, then Alicia and Will sharing a cold, Elsbeth giggling while Kalinda tries to find out something, Alicia having no clue how her new position is working, the weird sexual tension between Will and Laura (I think they had great chemistry the first time but for some reason it's gone), Alicia standing in the background like an adolescent fan adoring her idol - all of this felt so stupid to me. One of the things I loved most about this show was that so many things were subtle. Nothing was subtle in this episode, on the contrary.

I want my show back and I want the original characters back. Cary and Kalinda were the only ones who acted normally and I'm afraid it wasn't a coincidence that they hadn't much screen time in this episode. Maybe Cary should indeed leave, found a new firm and Kalinda should come with him. Alicia? Maybe she can join them - after she has come back to her senses which might take a while.

QUO VADIS, "THE GOOD WIFE"?
Old 03-04-2013, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't know that.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I found it funny that Maura Tierney and Chris Noth apparently had a cold, but Alicia and Will were the ones who were supposed to have it .
They did? I didn't know that. I could have swore CN voice sounded weird

Quote:
Alicia having no clue how her new position is working
To me this actually made sense, Alicia has no idea how to manage so I believe is the right route to take with this. If she were just good at being equity partner we would be asking why? So I like this idea of her learning how to be in a new position.

Quote:
And best of all. Next episode actually comes, next week.
Ironically thats all that matters to me

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
To me this actually made sense, Alicia has no idea how to manage so I believe is the right route to take with this. If she were just good at being equity partner we would be asking why? So I like this idea of her learning how to be in a new position.
Oh, I liked the idea of her learning how to be in that new position too. I just think it wasn't handled very well (which I found weird because usually I really appreciate Leonard Dick's writing). The dialogues made her look like first grade, and even if Alicia is in a new position and has to learn a lot, she's not stupid all of a sudden.

By the way, what happened to Jackie's dementia storyline? Not that I was a big fan of that, I'm just wondering why her brain worked so perfectly all of a sudden. Fine with me, though. I missed Jackie .
Old 03-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The dialogues made her look like first grade, and even if Alicia is in a new position and has to learn a lot, she's not stupid all of a sudden.
I guess I didn't see it that way, not sure which part exactly you mean. It just felt she was trying to take control but just didn't know how to, and tried to be fair but just couldn't work for her. Alicia totally clueless about how to manage and how to juggle being "liked" but doing what she has to do, defintiely something she has to learn.

Quote:
By the way, what happened to Jackie's dementia storyline? Not that I was a big fan of that, I'm just wondering why her brain worked so perfectly all of a sudden. Fine with me, though. I missed Jackie
. Dropped? I kind of missed Jackie too, and for once she was so helpful

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Can someone explain to me why Alicia has to cut the associates' hours? I was a little confused by that.

-Elsbeth is of course was a highlight of this episode.
-Eli and Peter's bromance was heartwarming but I actually don't want Peter to win. I'm rooting against him. I don't know if that makes me a bad person, it's not that I like Maddie it's just that I just don't want to see Peter as governor.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
-Eli and Peter's bromance was heartwarming but I actually don't want Peter to win.
Yes, I really liked that too - but at the same time I was soooo jealous because this "friendship" got so much screen time while Alicia and Kalinda didn't even seem to know each other anymore . Do they really work at the same firm or does my memory play tricks on me?