Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 4.14 Episode Discussion Thread - Red Team, Blue Team (02/17/2013)

Episode 4.14 - Red Team, Blue Team

WRITTEN BY: Robert King and Michelle King
DIRECTED BY: Jim McKay
AIRDATE: 02/17/2013

Happy TGW Sunday!

Summary
Office politics come to a head when Will and Diane ask Alicia and Cary to face off against them in a mock trial, only to get more than they bargained for. Meanwhile, Eli tries to avoid losing his role in Peter’s campaign to Jordan, as he continues his fight with the Justice Department,

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 02-17-2013, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Kiki! I'm afraid from the title, it's going to be a lot of politics and not the ones I care about but I loved last episode so I'm staying positive until the show proves me otherwise

ETA: I should probably wait until the end of the episode to rejoice but it's the first time i've enjoyed an episode written by the Kings in a long time and i've seen more than half already

ETA2: Okay well I spoke too early but despite the artificial kiss and the total inability to use Kalinda, the Kings did good.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Last edited by Gelfling; 02-17-2013 at 07:25 PM
Old 02-17-2013, 08:53 PM
Master Fan

My dvr cut off! What happened when Alicia told Cary she was asked to be an equity partner again? What did he say?
Old 02-17-2013, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What happened when Alicia told Cary she was asked to be an equity partner again? What did he say?
You want me to spoil you or you want me to send you a link?

Spoiler:

Old 02-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Gelfling!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

Any time and I loved those scenes so watch them if you can.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:38 PM
Elite Fan

Ohhh boy! That was great

-I just absolutely love this Alicia, she is so feisty and sassy and confident! She was killing it in court, not backing down. She was seriously such badass, I can watch her all day. She was just not taking any **** in court, really embracing the new partnership and taking what she wants. Even at the end, taking the partnership was amazing, she is finally doing what is good for HER. Not anyone else. I am so happy for her, felt she has come so long.
-Cary/Alicia now can we just talk about how great that was they had such great bonding moments, just really felt great for them. Florrick and Agos Associates who is in? Cause I am
-Kalinda helping them out and just being her old self was really great too Kind of felt like the old days with her and Cary and Alicia. I liked that!
-A/W kiss...blah February sweeps and it was written by the Kings, what else is there to say
-Elsbeth!!!!!! Can she just stay on this show forever?!? I love her, who hasn't she helped?! How much of a badass is she? Even made the who Eli case enjoyable!
-And of course David Lee is his old self, taking the partnership away. And basically telling Alicia they picked her because she was going to be the Governors wife, what a douche Thank God we all know Alicia is very good at her job and totally deserved that partnership

Alicia finally taking things, putting herself first that's just want I wanted for her. Makes me feel happy

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 02-18-2013, 12:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Overall great episode, it was worth the wait.

- Paid actor in the court, anyone else felt uncomfortable?
- Mr. "Parrati?" is a good counterpart to Elsbeth. I enjoy their chemistry.
- The kiss... Did we need that? At least I didn't. Kings stop it!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:31 AM
Absolute Fan

The best episode of the good wife in a long long time. That is all that needs to be said. Just perfect.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Even though I'm gonna have to watch it again (cause I just watched it at work with its fair amount of interruptions)...I just have to go with the crowd here and yes, this ep was great!

Good storyline and use of characters. Intense, good soundtrack to match the scenes.

Loved Alicia saying "what am I not sorry about?". I've got a friend just like that!
And also Proletarian Alicia plotting against the bosses. That was great!

I was glad to see Cary. He's been the underdog and still is. I see good things in his future (fortune teller MODE ON).

Elsbeth/Eli/Campaign. All going great! I want more campaign stuff!

When do we get 4x15?

P.S. Loved how The Elevator still does a great job as supporting actor/actress.

Last edited by ylana; 02-18-2013 at 08:10 AM
Old 02-18-2013, 10:26 AM
Loyal Fan

I liked this episode from the very beginning to the end.

I love the complicity between Alicia and Cary, even if I'm not sure it's going to last which I think it's a shame!

I loved happy Alicia and I loved angry Alicia.

I think I liked the fight even more than the kiss and that's saying a lot beacause I loved the kiss!! I'm a very happy shipper! But then again I'm not sure how it's going to play out, I also liked that they actually talked together at the end even if it was to say that they should avoid being alone.

I liked evil David, boy is he mean!

Eli and Elsbeth were great, I was so releived that Eli wasn't really "giving" whoever he was supposed to give but that twist was sneaky and really unexpected (for me at least)

I liked how Diane and Will kept looking at each other during the mock trial wondering what had hit them, they should have known better...

I'm not sure of Diane's welcome to Alicia as a partner, it looked a bit forced!

I may be easy to please but this one was really good maybe with more Kalinda it would have been great
Old 02-18-2013, 10:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

That was one hot episode. Tempers. Passion. Deceit. Betrayals. I hear TGW is on the bubble. Please, please, please don't cancel it, CBS.....not now when it's really cooking again.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

I loved this episode- it had everything.

Finally they had more of Cary, and sowed the seeds of an interesting direction for him, and possibly Alicia too, if they could leave and start their own firm.

It was also nice to see some Alicia/ Will passion, She's been holding back for so long on so many levels that it made sense for her to lose it.

I'm not sure where they are going with Will and Diane, as they looked a little incompetent during the mock trial, and David Lee really seems to be calling all the shots at the firm now. I could buy Will being thrown by Alicia's personal tricks, but what was Diane's excuse? It was probably a plot device, which I can excuse as I enjoyed the episode so much.

I would love for the finale to follow on from this and have both Alicia leave the firm, and also have a shot at a real relationship with Will- it seems like she needs a big shake up, and when she was looking at Cary and Kalinda, I got the impression she was thinking she'd rather leave and take them, than stay and get talked down to by Lee and the others.

It feels like this season has been stagnant in some ways, but as always with Alicia there's been a lot brewing beneath the surface, and I hope we see more of where that's going before long.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Was I the only one who noticed Alicia's hand during the kiss moment? I don't think it was on purpose. Left hand, shiny golden married ring there!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

It was so sad to see Alicia and Will, and it was even sadder to watch Alicia and Cary. And it's sad that there's not a single relationship on the show that is not overshadowed by power, manipulation or money. Probably that's the King's point: "Everybody is corrupt and there is no good wife." But I think that's a very depressing way to see the world. Relationships exist, love exists, friendship exists. Not everything is about power. But I don't think it's a coincidence that no main character is in a longterm relationship (for 4 seasons now) - well, except Alicia and Peter, but that's a different story.

So far the friendship between Alicia and Kalinda has been the only relationship on the show that hasn't been affected by power or manipulation because Kalinda made sure that this wouldn't happen (Alicia and Kalinda had enough other problems though), but maybe it's only a question of time until the last bastion falls. And I don't want to be there when it happens.

Back to the episode: I liked that everything was so emotional and that the mock trial brought a lot of things to the surface that had been safely hidden before. This episode was a lot about loyalty (and the lack of it), and I liked that. Oh, and the actor that Alicia and Will had hired was hilarious. And Elsbeth was brilliant as always. Not only Eli was delighted