Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 4.12 Episode Discussion Thread - Je Ne Sais What? (01/13/2013)

Episode 4.12 - Je Ne Sais What?

WRITTEN BY: Jacqueline Hoyt
DIRECTED BY: Matt Shakman
AIRDATE: 01/13/2013

Happy TGW Sunday!

Summary
When lawyer Elsbeth Tascioni is arrested, putting a case she’s working on in jeopardy, Alicia, Will and Diane step up to aid the quirky litigator. Meanwhile, Peter is presented with conflicting pieces of advice from Eli and Jordan

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Elite Fan

Sorry this is an old Alicia picture but there are no promotional photos from 4.12

Enjoy everyone

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Kicks! I thought we were not getting a new episode tonight for some reason Mod fail!

and the picture is great. Not as if we could tell the difference between all those stills anyway, unless it's a "guest du jour" hype

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 01-13-2013, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

Overall I found the episode ok. (A/P scenes aside of course )

-I love Elsbeth, I just want her in this show always She is so smart, quirky and just always on her toes! Man I love that. I love how everyone helps her, love how Diane, Will and Alicia all pull for her
-Diane speaking "french" (as I hear she really wasn't ) and being all flirty I love her, I just wish she was alwayyyys around! She is too good
- also poor Diane trying to take a break on the weekend, though she is still in the office
-I feel bad for the client, just kind of sad. But you know she should have came clean about the abortion, I get how bad it looks but it was her choice.
-No K/A scenes that was a shame really. It was a fun scene between Kalinda/Elsbeth but not enough. "I hate depending on other people" K: "Me too" aint that the truth
-Aiicia walking through Elsbeth on what to say
-I like the idea that Elsbeth will be back to help Eli She has helped EVERYONE, I am guessing Kalinda is next
-Racial bias for Peter? I am not even sure what exactly happened at the end. Loved seeing Geneva back though!

Overall was just ok for me. (But it had amazing A/P that had me so very happy )

No promo cause no TGW next week.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-14-2013, 01:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

I afree Kiki, it really was a very cool ep, the A/P stuff aside. Righttt from the beginning, haha I was sipping my coffee when the ep started and had to acutally pause it to catch my breath because I nearly choked. Thank You Good Wife.

I love Elsbeth so much. If I were a lawyer I would be exactly like her. Hahaha. Totally brilliant but people wouldn't really notice until its to late because of my "eratic behaviour". Also so cool, that she's gonna be Eli's lawyer.

I want to say sth to the AP scene. I was coming up with all kind of scenarious...but acutally them having Eli WAIT OUTSIDE. That even shocked me a little. In a good way of course.

Also I like that it's showing already that Peter is willing to enjoy the fun while it lasts but can't really figure out what's going on, and that unsettles him. He'd rather would have her back fully comitted but he feels he can't get her too just yet.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Two great episodes in a row, yeah!

-Loved how everyone cared about Elsbeth and wanted to help her
-Elsbeth Tascioni is seriously one of my all time TGW Guest star, she's so funny and amazing. Seeing her running in the stadium was just priceless Glad to know she's coming back as Eli's lawyer.
-Will being completely clueless during the whole case was funny
-And when I thought Diane couldn't be more awesome here she comes speaking french and being all flirty! She's so awesome. Although I have to admit that as a native french speaker I couldn't really understand what she was saying on the phone to Will but still I don't care she was superb.
-Loved the family scene! I'm one of the few people here who likes Alicia dealing with her kids but I was glad to see the breakfast scene it was nice
-Alicia daydreaming about sex with Peter, pretty hot!!!
-Campaign bus scene was pretty great, especially the fact that Eli's waiting outside and his reaction when he sees Alicia is hilarious. I love sexy Alicia Peter scenes but I hope this lead them to talking and really evaluate their situation and taking a decision, whatever the outcome will be. Alicia needs to confront issues!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The episode was ok.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixonxnavade (View Post)
The episode was ok.
Guys, guys, guys!

Can't you understand what &#¤%ING AMAZING EPISODE THIS WAS!!!!!????

I don't have time to write more at the moment, but that's about the highest praise I can give. TGW tried to do comedy in Anatomy of the Joke and failed. In this episode TGW did comedy within the boundaries of TGW and got me hysterical.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Substance (View Post)
Guys, guys, guys!

Can't you understand what &#¤%ING AMAZING EPISODE THIS WAS!!!!!???
come back and tell us more! I can always be persuaded On second rewatch, I warmed up more to it, but still missing some key things for me

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Hello everyone!
I haven't been around much so far but I'll try and post more! (new year resolutions!)

So, my feelings about the season so far:
I still love the show but I just don't recognise some of the characters, it's like living in a parallel world with people looking the same but distorted!
Thank goodness for Diane She rocks! and she is consistent!

This last apisode had its moments I agree with:

Quote:
Loved how everyone cared about Elsbeth and wanted to help her
-Elsbeth Tascioni is seriously one of my all time TGW Guest star, she's so funny and amazing. Seeing her running in the stadium was just priceless Glad to know she's coming back as Eli's lawyer.
Quote:
And when I thought Diane couldn't be more awesome here she comes speaking french and being all flirty! She's so awesome. Although I have to admit that as a native french speaker I couldn't really understand what she was saying on the phone to Will but still I don't care she was superb.
Didn't understand a word but as you say she was superb!

The A/W shipper in me doesn't think much of
Quote:
Campaign bus scene
Over the Christmas holidays I watched the first 2 seasons, (I got season 3 as a present and wanted to rewatch the first 2 before watching it)

They wer so good!!! I want my people back..... now!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Elite Fan

Omg Simone, long time no see Hope all is well nice for you to stop by and post

Quote:
haven't been around much so far but I'll try and post more! (new year resolutions!)
See Fluff, someone made it their new year resolution

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-14-2013, 11:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

What was Diane reading at her desk when she took off her glasses and gave her usual exhausted look? Is she planning on vacationing

This was a pretty good episode. Peter's campaign stuff bores me. Elsbeth always makes me laugh even though she's so over-the-top quirky that it makes me want to roll my eyes even then Carrie Preston does very well.

I have to rewatch this episode because I zoned out during the case. All I know if that it ended with a lot of bickering in French and there was a lot of talk about Rambo.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by milly13 (View Post)

-Alicia daydreaming about sex with Peter, pretty hot!!!
-Campaign bus scene was pretty great, especially the fact that Eli's waiting outside and his reaction when he sees Alicia is hilarious. I love sexy Alicia Peter scenes but I hope this lead them to talking and really evaluate their situation and taking a decision, whatever the outcome will be. Alicia needs to confront issues!
The guy in the fantasy scene was not Peter! No way!! The body is that of a much younger man. It's so reminiscent of the opening scene of "Nine Hours" when A was having a sexy dream about W. The light, her négligé, and even the 'action' look pretty much the same. Although I'm a WA shipper, I don't think it's wishful thinking to say that, as ambiguous as it might seem, A is perhaps pining for her encounters with W and having put an end to their affair, P is the only outlet for the itch she is experiencing. I can't believe I'm going to say this but I felt pity for the poor devil after A used him to relieve her itch, a mere sex object. If the situation was reversed, I think many people would have been outraged by the man's callous, disrespectful attitude.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

Its pretty obvious Alicia is fantasying about Peter, from what happens later in the episode. I mean if it was about Will, we would have gotten some indication of that, especially from the Kings who love to keep the triangle alive. So even though as much of a reminiscent of 209 it was, the point that was they were trying to get across was that it was about Peter. I know I am a shipper but from the events off the episode I think is pretty much safe to assume this wasn’t about Will

Quote:
What was Diane reading at her desk when she took off her glasses and gave her usual exhausted look? Is she planning on vacationing
She had a scheduled massaged Hot stone massage

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-14-2013, 01:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Overall I liked the episode a lot! I found the case interesting and original and I liked the humor even though Elsbeth (usually one of my favorite guest characters) was mostly a bit "over the top" for my taste.

Favorite scenes:

Bronze: The confused look on Will's face when the people around him started to speak French. (JC did a fantastic job in this episode).
Silver: Kalinda trying to be kind and helpful while secretly thinking What the hell is wrong with that woman?
Gold: Diane's phone talk to Will. (I almost fell off my chair. CB was brilliant in this episode!)

Special mention: Alicia's "Just the wife".
Special mention: Elsbeth's run in the stadium.
Special mention: The judge (or what it was) who was completely distracted by Kalinda's appearance.

What I didn't like:

1. Zach being such an important person for Eli (I don't find that believable at all).
2. Elsbeth being so "over the top Elsbeth".
3. Julianna Margulies seemed kind of tired in this episode (maybe I'm wrong and even if I'm not that's okay with me. This woman does an amazing job every day and even when she's tired she's outstanding.)
4. No A/K scene.
5. No Cary.
6. The A/P quickie. I have to say that I don't understand Alicia's behavior at all. It's almost cheap, isn't it? I mean, if she wants her husband back then she should talk to him and not ******** him every time her mother provokes her or when she has a horny day (unlike Kiki I don't think that the person in her little fantasy was Peter, it was just an anonymous sex fantasy). Does Alicia even think about how Peter feels? He's not her little always ready sex toy, or is he? What kind of weird marriage is that? It felt like she just needed a quickie and fortunately Peter was her husband so that she didn't need to look elsewhere. Hello? What is going on with that woman? And why didn't Peter protest? Yes, he is guilty of sleeping with prostitutes but this doesn't solve anything. Make up your mind, Alicia. Either you want that man or you don't. This isn't a casual acquaintance, this is the man you married almost 20 years ago!

By the way, since this episode was about sports: For some reason it feels like Peter and Kalinda have a little neck-and-neck race regarding Alicia. Neither Peter nor Kalinda get what they want (Will is out of the game anyway). Peter gets a quickie, Kalinda gets a "Yeah"... So whom will Alicia really forgive first? Who will be the lucky one who she allows back into her life? I don't know how Alicia manages is that people revolve around her like moons around a sun. She is incredibly lucky that Kalinda is still there waiting for her to be ready for the friendship and that Peter is still there ready to continue this marriage. And I'm afraid she has no idea how lucky she is. But as long as people are waiting she can do whatever she wants...

Last edited by Kimlegaspi; 01-14-2013 at 01:24 PM