Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 4.11 Episode Discussion Thread - Boom De Ya Da (01/06/2013)

Episode 4.11 - Boom De Ya Da

WRITTEN BY: Nichelle Tramble Spellman
DIRECTED BY: Felix Alcalá
AIRDATE: 01/06/2013

Happy TGW Sunday!

Summary
Will’s latest case – which could net the firm millions – hangs in the balance as Alicia navigates Louis Canning’s attempts to delay a deposition crucial to Will’s argument. Meanwhile, Will and Diane make a stand against Clarke, and an old foe complicates things for Eli.

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Total Fan

Tftnt!
Old 01-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

thanks Kiki

I probably shouldn't read those summaries anymore
We're sure it's not a rerun, right?

ETA: Nice to see Alicia kicking some ass (wish she was less naive but she ends up getting it so it's alright)
Nice to see Cary being consistent again (kinda felt sorry for Hayden though)
That's it from me. I wish we could get Canning in an episode without the big twist at the end because it's so cliché now, you see it coming from a mile away. Better yet, I wish we could NOT see Canning anymore.

Oh and
"I miss this" (Audience excitedly: WE DID TOO!!!)
"Yeah..." (Audience less excited: ... ok so I guess we'll keep missing it then)

Dere wasn't much Boom in De Yada.

And now I'll go and let everyone discuss the promo for the next episode

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Last edited by Gelfling; 01-06-2013 at 08:21 PM
Old 01-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Elite Fan

I found this episode really great.

- Alicia kicked some major ass. She was so feisty and bitchy, and just plain mean! Gosh I really enjoyed that.

-When doesn't canning get the last laugh? Oh well. Got to say though didn't see that coming, him buying off the firm, mostly cause MJF has a new show

-Case was actually rather interesting. Kalinda not being able to pronounce the mosquitos names that was hilarious! I won't not have bothered either

- A/K….lets just say its pretty disappointing that 209 deleted scene dialogue was used. Never the less (yes Fluff, I am easy ) I did very much enjoy the scene. And yes I would have LOVED any other response by Alicia, but it didn't surprise me in one bit. Its almost her way of saying "ok lets move on" and not really talk about the issue. The woman doesn't talk, thats why she has been called an ice queen since S1. However I loved the way Kalinda said that, she isn't afraid to talk about it. Again showing how much she wants to make things better again. And I believe even though Alicia's response was weak, I do believe this can be the beginning of things actually working and moving on. Or maybe I just cannot help be optimistic, sorry cannot help it

-Cary was great, I felt a little bad for Hayden too.

-I felt sad for Diane, she is so worried about this firm she worked so hard to built. Damn.

I really liked the episode, a lot. Felt more TGW again

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-06-2013, 11:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Although there wasn't much personal stories (which I love most) I still really enjoyed that episode, it was in fact really great.

-Alicia is so awesome!!! Amazing lawyer and she stands up against Canning For once I wasn't annoyed by Canning, maybe it's because he has a nice wife!
-Wendy Scott-Carr is the devil incarnated but I still really enjoy her character, she's so mean! Loved her scenes with Diane
-The case was really interesting
-Love that A/K friendship is slowly being rebuilt, movement but not too much which makes it believable.
-Didn't see much of T.R. Knight's character but he seems interesting.
-Loved what Canning said about good girls falling for bastards, I thought it also applied to Alicia/Peter

Next week's promo is awesome, I'm really looking forward to it!!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I wish we could get Canning in an episode without the big twist at the end because it's so cliché now, you see it coming from a mile away.
Still managed to surprise me.

- Looking at Wendy SC, I am convinced that the standard facial expression of the devil is a gleeful smile. So nasty things happen when Wendy smiles.
- There are so many wars going on in TGW. Firm's financial struggle, investigation into Eli and now L/G, and although it has become hard to remember in these recent episodes, a big political campaign.
- Once again, Alicia's great. I enjoyed her time with Kalinda.

Nothing else to say really. I like where things are going.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Total Fan

I really loved Alicia on the case. Can't say the same about her scene with Kalinda... "Yeah..." seriously?! So disappointing. Also, who drinks wine at 3 PM everyday?
Cary was great, but I'm really tired about the financial trouble storyline and Canning
Old 01-08-2013, 04:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Funny thing about this case is that if it had been fought in a Brazilian court it would have been so different!! Aedes aegypti (bug name Kalinda couldn't pronounce) is a long time known mosquito for us. It causes dengue fever and every summer major cities in Brazil go through extensive campaigns trying to prevent Dengue by taking measures, SUCH as keeping the swimming pools CLEAN!
(I know cause I've had gvt workers walking into my backyard and assisting with preventive measures and we've always kept our pool super clean! )

That said...

Alicia was awesome and I can't wait to see how the new Canning arc will develop.
Speaking of arcs...this whole Haydn/ financial trouble thing is getting old. Eli storyline is also kinda boring now...where is the campaign stuff? I wanna see debates!

Alicia/Kalinda moment was nice, short and sweet.
Mrs. Canning seems nice. Hope to see Alicia and her having breakfast soon.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really liked the episode. It was different - Alicia in the country waiting for Godot... And the scene with Alicia was like valuable medicine for my Kalicia heart. Great performance. Great writing. Great directing. Sweet, and true and sad. And also a relief. And well done to do this scene right after Nick's leaving. In a way Nick brought Alicia and Kalinda closer together, so it was finally possible to have this bed scene, I mean this talk.

Did anyone notice Diane's necklace? There were two necklaces actually and the second was beautiful two. But the first one? This wasn't a necklace, it was a poem - but probably nobody except Diane could wear something like that .

I liked the Clarke/Cary storyline and I felt sorry for both of them. I liked that the things Clarke said about Will and Diane were kind of true. I love it when TGW is so clearly not black and white but everything in between.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And the scene with Alicia was like valuable medicine for my Kalicia heart. Great performance. Great writing. Great directing. Sweet, and true and sad. And also a relief. And well done to do this scene right after Nick's leaving. In a way Nick brought Alicia and Kalinda closer together, so it was finally possible to have this bed scene, I mean this talk.
Awww I really love you put this, and I totally agree with you. It was nice that it was put after the Nick debable and perhaps in a way Nidk did bring them closer.
Jace on twitter said this and I totally agreed with him:
Quote:
"Loved last night's episode of #TheGoodWife, particularly the hotel room drinking scene. Pitch perfect thawing of thick ice"
He couldn't be more right about it been thick ice indeed.

Quote:
This wasn't a necklace, it was a poem - but probably nobody except Diane could wear something like that .
Ohhh I want to check it out tonight, not sure if I noticed.

Quote:
Aedes aegypti (bug name Kalinda couldn't pronounce)
HAHA someone knows how to write it, I am impressed

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-09-2013, 04:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

I do have to add to my previous comments that I am pleased how they dropped Canning's mannerism to keep telling people about his condition (as it had become boring as hell).

Diane was also pretty great in this episode. Diane's right, Wendy's campaign may not end up to be as clean as she pretends it to be and I can't wait to find out.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Oh, the actress that plays WSC is great cause she makes me wanna puke whenever WSC is on. She's so annoying!
I miss Elsbeth...

And yeah, glad to see Canning's manerisms gone...

As for the A/K scene...come on you, guys... It was right on point. They won't just kiss and make up and pretend everything's fine. It's an ongoing process...
Old 01-09-2013, 05:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylana (View Post)

As for the A/K scene...come on you, guys... It was right on point. They won't just kiss and make up and pretend everything's fine. It's an ongoing process...
I completely agree
Old 01-09-2013, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylana (View Post)
Oh, the actress that plays WSC is great cause she makes me wanna puke whenever WSC is on. She's so annoying!
I love hating Wendy, I think the reason I like her is cause how she does everything with a smile, she is pure evil

Quote:
I miss Elsbeth...
hehe good things come for those who wait

Quote:
Agree I think what happeend on last week was great, finally I think they might actually move forward

--- Alicia Florrick