Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 4.06 Episode Discussion Thread - The Art of War (11/04/2012)

Episode 4.06 - The Art of War

WRITTEN BY: Robert King, Michelle King and Ted Humphrey
DIRECTED BY: Josh Charles
AIRDATE: 11/04/2012

Happy TGW Sunday!

Enjoy it my friends!!! And lets wish Josh Charles good luck in his directorial debut!!!

Summary
When a female military officer accuses a civilian contractor of attempting to rape her in Afghanistan, Alicia tries to prove that he is not protected by a law prohibiting servicemen from suing the military. Meanwhile, a surprising new obstacle appears in Peter’s quest for the governorship

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick

Last edited by Gelfling; 11-04-2012 at 07:53 PM
Old 11-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the Thread babe...

Love the picture she looks so amazing
Old 11-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyjosie2412 (View Post)
Love the picture she looks so amazing
I know! She is so beautiful it hurts

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Tftnt!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Master Fan

I am all caught up and watching LIVE. Now if only I can stay awake till the end. Stupid delay.

- Mel
Old 11-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Elite Fan

I feel like the grumpy old lady that lives at the end of the street so I'll refrain from commenting on this episode. I'll answer your posts though (you can't get rid of me, sorry)

Added HQ stills of the episode in the OP.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 11-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

Hmm Cary. What are you up to exactly?

- Mel
Old 11-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hmm Cary. What are you up to exactly?
O ye of little faith! He was my favorite part of the episode! He helped Diane without looking like he was going to spy on Hayden for her. He helped Alicia and Kalinda without pressing or asking too many questions. He earned his cases without having to resort to weaseling or gossiping or whatever... Cary is back, people! Cary is back!

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 11-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

Good episode overall, really enjoyed it!

-Alicia just basically kicked damn ass, all throughout this episode, I couldn't ask for anything more!

-A/K in a bar, talking I just died a little!! Yes it sucked that it was about Nick but damn loved that Alicia asked her for a drink. Also I think this a great opportunity for A/K to get rid of Nick, maybe they can get rid of this ****? Not sure how exactly, but damn can they plan something? That would be cool…wishful thinking I know…….And I honest CRINGE every time Kalinda says "my husband." I also liked that Alicia is keeping Kalinda in the loop about her husband and how they might get rid of him. Storyline is still messing and Kalinda is still very out of character. But I am glad they had a conversation about it, cause they needed it and they couldn't just ignore it since thats what Kalinda storyline is about now, as much as WE all HATE it.

-I hated that Alicia lost, especially on this issue. Damn. I kind of left for Amanda Peet.

-Maddie running against Peter, well we all knew that was coming. Lets see how that plays out, not sure how Peter wins, seems like a long shot. But of course we know this is TGW and Peter probably will.

-Jackie/That guy I don't even know what to say about that Don't know where they are going. But I sure did LMAO!

-Cary/Diane had a great scene, love that! And loved that Cary came to Diane and talked to her, it was a mature thing for him to do. I like this Cary, a lot.

I enjoyed a lot, because it felt very much Alicia centered, she was in court, it was about how awesome she has gotten. Overall pleased.

Next weeks promo :rot: was funny!

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-05-2012, 03:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Before I say anything about the episode I want to explain that I have this habit of smacking my right fist to my left hand's palm when something exciting happens. Palm smack count for this episode was propably four, but almost every scene could have deserved a smack.

So the episode begins. Very nice music, I see one of my favorite judges on the bench at L/G and then the camera goes to... NICK THE DICK!! NOOOO!! I also see Mandy and Maddie, more amusement. I know we're on our way to a great episode.

- The case was brilliant. I especially liked it how Alicia got to be this super kick*** lawyer and how she in the beginning of the episode declared that she is going to win the case. At that point I also thought it would be almost impossible to lose... At least they won in sympathy.

- Abernathy! Palm smack!

- The affair scandal was handled in a fun way (although it might not be over just yet). Glad to see that Eli doesn't stop to stand in the rain (like he did too much in S3), but takes control of the situation. And I gave another palm smack to myself when I saw Cheno. Kings! We love this woman.

- Maddie running against Peter for democratic candidacy... Well, it's good that we have an opponent now that is actually present in the episodes. We all know that Peter is going to win against Maddie one way or another, the Peter vs. Kresteva thing is just too juicy. It's a good twist however and Alicia got to see who her real friend is. Kalinda. Palm smack for that.

- Diane, Mao and Cary. This was a good a sidekick to the episode. I predict that Mao leaves the show when this season is over, but in the time being he is a great series regular.

- Jackie is such a bomb. And Peter has been in every episode this season so far. Usually he is around for 13 or so episodes, but I am only happy if we get more this year. I want him in 23 episodes this year hehe.

Do you even realize how excited I am for this season? Without Nick everything would be perfect.

Last edited by Substance; 11-05-2012 at 09:25 AM
Old 11-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

I appreciated this episode for moving the storylines along.

I think it was kind of obvious that Maddie would eventually end up running againt Peter. But I thought she was honest when she said she didn't purposefully befriend Alicia.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots Electric (View Post)
I appreciated this episode for moving the storylines along.

I think it was kind of obvious that Maddie would eventually end up running againt Peter. But I thought she was honest when she said she didn't purposefully befriend Alicia.
Or at the least she came to admire Alicia: to me she looked a mite guilty at the end when Peter " bit" her!

Loved the humour in this epi..always gret, ESP with Jackie .

Like the way Cary is headed...he seemed very inconsistent last 2seasons, so I hope they have settled in.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

It was a good episode. I liked that Alicia's client didn't win, TGW made a point with that. My favorite scene was when Colonel Kuhn asked that witness her one question . My second favorite was when Water's attorney refused to shake his hand after everything was over. I just loved that moment because first they had made us hate this attorney and at the end we learned that this man was just doing his job, and he did it really well. And of course, seeing Alicia Florrick kicking ass in court is ALWAYS a pleasure!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Such a great case!!! I do admit having a soft spot for stories that involve contractors and the military - I've been involved with both of them. Just one small observation here. They mention a firm named Blackwater that no longer exists (technically). They changed their name a couple years ago after a Sept 2008 scandal in Iraq.
The legal structure on which the worked the case was very thourough and precise. Made me happy!

Alicia was on fire and I'm glad to see how confident she's become, and not out of anger but just out of her own capacity.
I agree with Kimlegaspi that it was good the client didn't win. Technicalities do find a way to screw us all and the point was made.

I'm also glad Kalinda and the so called husband were given a break. She is out of character and had been getting on my nerves. But let's keep in mind he'll stick aroud for at least another 5 or 6 eps, right?

Cary and Diane? I can see a partnership being built. It was good office politics going on.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But let's keep in mind he'll stick aroud for at least another 5 or 6 eps, right?
If we are lucky, fingers crossed is only 5/6 more.

Quote:
I want to explain that I have this habit of smacking my right fist to my left hand's palm when something exciting
I love that! So every-time an episode is plays I am going to ask you having many smacks you took

Quote:
Do you even realize how excited I am for this season? Without Nick everything would be perfect.
Mmh I would totally have to agree with that. If Kalinda was her self, and Nick was gone. It would be a totally awesome season!

Quote:
The legal structure on which the worked the case was very thourough and precise. Made me happy!
HEHE! I love that, that makes you happy

--- Alicia Florrick