Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Just like Cary/Kalinda. Because they noticed people liked it and they decided to "make drama". But really, Bambi? Believing Nick just like that?!
How dare you compare them to Cary and Kalinda?
I don't mind a little drama but considering Jill Flint does drive-by episodes. I'd really like it if the few scenes were more like the scene with Lana and Kalinda and the van full of feds.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
How dare you compare them to Cary and Kalinda?
I just mean the fun flirtation turned death drama.

Quote:
I'd really like it if the few scenes were more like the scene with Lana and Kalinda and the van full of feds.
Hey at least we got that and there's something to be said about the hurt look on Kalinda's face when Yuck told her that. It was very bambiesque of her to believe him but still she wouldn't be so hurt if it "was never anything", right?

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Illegal surveillance sounds very very risky for Lana.
It may not turn out to be illegal surveillance--it may actually tie into the FBI investigation into Peter that we haven't heard about since season 1. That would be pretty great, really. There IS a way to tie up all of these storylines: Peter could have done some corrupt things in his first term that led him to turn a blind eye to drug runs from Canada to Chicago, in order to get some drug corridor money. Nick and his trucks might have been a drug runner. Kalinda could have had something to do with putting Nick in jail, and because she knew that Peter was involved in the illegal stuff, she would have had reason to go to him after that and ask for his help in changing her name. The FBI investigations into Peter could have been about all of that. It would certainly be nice if it came together in some semi-logical manner, and I think there are glimmers of that possibility.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
it may actually tie into the FBI investigation into Peter that we haven't heard about since season 1. That would be pretty great, really.
Ooooh now THAT's an idea! I don't dare hope but that would be really awesome!

But really doesn't explain why Bambi was so naive and credulous regarding Nick but oh man, how I'd love that storyline back!!

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-28-2012, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
it may actually tie into the FBI investigation into Peter that we haven't heard about since season 1. That would be pretty great, really
Ohhhh yes please please! That would be GREAT! *fingers crossed*

Quote:
Weeeell they both seem to have drawn blanks in that area. Kalinda wasn't exactly impressed or even distracted by either of them.
Trueeee, but I am gonna cut Lana some slack because K wasn't all there cause of that nick ****er.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaundice (View Post)
It may not turn out to be illegal surveillance--it may actually tie into the FBI investigation into Peter that we haven't heard about since season 1. That would be pretty great, really. There IS a way to tie up all of these storylines: Peter could have done some corrupt things in his first term that led him to turn a blind eye to drug runs from Canada to Chicago, in order to get some drug corridor money. Nick and his trucks might have been a drug runner. Kalinda could have had something to do with putting Nick in jail, and because she knew that Peter was involved in the illegal stuff, she would have had reason to go to him after that and ask for his help in changing her name. The FBI investigations into Peter could have been about all of that. It would certainly be nice if it came together in some semi-logical manner, and I think there are glimmers of that possibility.
You made my head swim...this does connect the dots. I also recall there was stuff implying Peter was set up as well, the pics sent to his apt, the vid with somone who may have been him doing something suspicious. Stern. But Kings said past sins wld revisit Peter, and we knew Peter somehow helped K, but why.And he was probably connected with something corrupt...Soooo. Hope not this serious. So much for Peters campaign. Wld be an interesting storyline... But would rather not see the end of Peter Would rather Nick went!

Sorry..as a side..went to see ARGO last nite! GReat. Titus had a small but good part at the beginning.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I just mean the fun flirtation turned death drama.

Hey at least we got that and there's something to be said about the hurt look on Kalinda's face when Yuck told her that. It was very bambiesque of her to believe him but still she wouldn't be so hurt if it "was never anything", right?
Another broken heart.

Did they not have the defining "relationship" talk or something? Lana looked perplexed when she said "What 'Us'?". Even given Kalinda's non-commital ways she still believed their non-relationship relationship was special

I guess Lana does place Kalinda above her job, that's kinda nice to know
I'm looking for silver linings here.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Great episode!! Love it! Still remember the embarrassed feeling after watching the first few episodes....
Hey, isn't it early to say K didn't check the photo on herself? She took the photo with her and left the apartment immediately, maybe she did do some research.
That photo reminded me of the FBI/Peter investigating thing too, it wasn't like just out of no where, and Kalinda knew that. Besides, I can't think of an other way of Nick to find that picture (Or maybe he could google "The Good Wife stills") So I don't think Kalinda was only being naive by believe his words.

Some highlights: (highlights everywhere, I love every single second of this episode)
1. Kalinda's love voice with Alicia.... "Your voice on that phone was no work.." And Kalinda became furious after hearing that... Which means, you caught me! If Blake was there, he would say, "It's all about Alicia..."
I don't know, I can't help it but I'll start shipping Kalicia???

2. This is the second time Kalinda called Alicia her mother, I LOLed at that. The other phone call, -Careful. -Always. I died! And Kalinda's face... She is really in love, isn't she???

3. Love Cary in this episode. So freaking hot in that tight hoodie! Love the Cary/Kalinda.

4. Nick said "You are in my head", reminded me of Cary's words,"I don't like you being in my head", these two should sit down and write a book, "How did Kalinda Sharma Ruined My Life".

5. Lana shouting "Kalinda" in the van, her face, priceless! My favorite K/L moment!
Old 10-29-2012, 01:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yes!!! Yes!!! Yes!!! This was a great episode! In my opinion one of the best in the history of TGW. So well written, so well performed, so emotional and exciting. All that I love about the show I found in this episode. Like RyeLyn I liked every second of it, so here are just some thoughts about the characters:

Bishop: I’m a fan of Bishop and the story included everything that makes him a great character.

Eli: I am so glad that I like him again. When he wrote that phone number of the guys shirt – that was hilarious! I love him when he’s in a dilemma and tries to fix things.

Cary: It was nice to see him with more screen time. I don’t know why he changed his style of clothing so abruptly, but maybe they did that so that we could notice more easily that this actually happened on one day (believe it or not). I think this episode proved it again: Never underestimate Cary!

Diane: Fantastic as always! You just have to love Diane!

Kalinda: So much Kalinda, and all for me, it felt like Christmas! Archie’s performance was outstanding (she should get ready for the next Emmy Award.) It’s so sad to see her this way, though. Where did all the playing and flirting go? She just seems haunted, and I hope her smile will come back one day. (The only moment that made her smile was when Alicia told her to be careful.)

Kalinda and Lana: I noticed that many of you didn’t like to see the Kalinda/Lana dynamics in this episode but I loved it! I think this episode nailed exactly how they are with each other: they care for each other, they are attracted to each other, they mistrust each other - and they are on different sides. By the way, I didn’t think that Kalinda trusted her husband when she told Lana that there wasn’t any “us”. Don’t you think that Lana had these photos and that she didn’t tell Kalinda about it? And that this was enough for Kalinda to mistrust her, no matter what her husband says? Or do you think Nick took the pictures himself and acted as if Lana did it? I don’t, and I’m sure Lana will be back and we will see more of this. I think it was heartbreaking and brilliant at the same time.

Kalinda and Alicia: These two truly make my heart bleed. Alicia was disappointed by Maddy, Kalinda was disappointed by Lana, and what stays is their friendship. It was so good to see Kalinda being different with Alicia than with anybody else, and to see Alicia caring for her.

Kalinda and Nick: For the first time I could believe what was happening on screen. I understood his reactions and I understood hers – that was different from the episodes before where I didn’t recognize Kalinda. (Nonetheless I’m glad that they will accelerate the K/N storyline.)
Old 10-29-2012, 01:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

I adore Jaundice's theory. like ultra-mega flove it!

Especially when one considers that Peter changing Leela's. name must have been illegal, so how exactly did she persuade him? Just sex, Nick's missing money, blackmail about Peter's corruption? Maybe there was no sex in fact. (Kalicia for the win!)
Old 10-29-2012, 01:55 AM
New Fan

That was the best episode of this season so far, I LOVE IT!

Quote:
You all see Kalinda running in those boots I saw that scene film a few times.
That's the first reason, I was thinking, we were there, we were there!!!

-As you said, is the first time since the beginning of the 4s that the relationship between K/N make some sense to me. When he told K about her voice on the phone with A I said "finally, we are going somewhere". K stayed because he thought that N was dangerous for A, so... at some point he should find out the reason why she stayed. Also, the talk about their past, is the only time that there was something there. The King's were trying to do it all mysterious, but you cannot set a new character so important to the development of a main character and don't give us a sh** about the past their share. Today all the open-minded with the work, it create a previous picture about how their marriage could be back there.

-Lemon Bishop, I always love when he's involved, and finally one interesting cases. No court, but the backgrounds, and again Alicia with the moral dilemma, when the kid asked her if his dad do something wrong..."he said he didn't". I love that moment.

-A/D working together again, just awesome.

-Peter/Eli, I love all the campaign stuff, always. I don't get that much about the blogger, but I like what they are doing. This time is all a lie, and anyway is a lie that could destroy Peter's, he just lost women support when Madie left. So Alicia is going to be very important.

-Kalinda/Lana, I like it very much. I was expecting some Lana/Alicia at some point. And I really like the theory of the connections, but I was thinking more about Eli. Do you remember that Eli's phone was bugged? When Alicia find out about Will's second voice mail? Also, on the other episodes Eli is realizing that there is something strange about K/P, I thought that it could be a second scandal going out...I don't know...

I'm so happy, that TGW is finally back and enjoyable...
Old 10-29-2012, 05:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't know if you guys are into sports but It bothers me that Alicia went to an NBA championship game (If I recall correctly) with Michael Jordan (!) and didn't know anything about basketball

Also basketball is one of the easier sports to understand.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots Electric (View Post)
I don't know if you guys are into sports but It bothers me that Alicia went to an NBA championship game (If I recall correctly) with Michael Jordan (!) and didn't know anything about basketball

Also basketball is one of the easier sports to understand.
It cld be she was just trying to engage the little boy.. On the other hand, she was miss good student..so maybe ignored sports..

There even more clues abt FBI investigation..remember epi 1 when the other SA was accused of the drug corridor thing? They were pissed off and cld dig up stuff as well.

And they were taping Eli back when..how wld he be involved...
remember when Jackie threw out the pics that were sent to the apt in s1.. Did we ever find out what that was abt...?

Last edited by tvdramafan; 10-29-2012 at 06:59 AM
Old 10-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

I felt straight from the beginning that the episode was juggling many balls, but it still managed to keep them all in the air.

- One of the most interesting cases ever on this show. Bishop's empire is fascinating. However. If his business is worth 5 mil to L/G, why didn't they drop it in The Death Zone for state's 20 mil business?

- Cary and Mao were great. I've studied accounting and I think it's boring and difficult as hell, but he manages to make it look cool.

- I've been understanding towards the writers regarding Nick the Dick, but I'm starting to sway more towards just the Dick. We seam to have a few episodes left of this storyline though so let's bring it to a reasonable disclosure.

- When I saw Miss Amber Star going to Maddie I swear could have picked up a shotgun right at that moment. How can Eli handle all this bull? I hope Alicia keeps Maddie around and in the end manages to ensure her that the press is lying about Peter.

- Lana is so cool. But whether the FBI stuff from S1 is going to be used at all, I don't think it will. I am 100 % sure thought that Peter's corruption or actions seeing as such will be a subject of discussion later this season. We can thank Kresteva for it if he ever shows up.

- Finally, "Hi mum! Tt's not the cops, it's the feds." Hahaha
Old 10-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Elite Fan

GUUUUYS THIS EPISODE LOVED IT!

-I feel so sorry for Jackie

-Almost no Will but I still liked it

-Finally more screetime for Cary. OOOH CAAARY

-ALL THESE KALINDA/CARY FEELINGS ARE COMING BACK

-NATHAAAAAAN STOP BEING SO AMAZING. CAN WE HAVE HIM AS SERIES REGULAR? PLEASE? LOVE HIM SOSOSOSOS MUCH I loved that he helped them with the case and he enjoyed it AND I WANT THE FIRM TO BE IN BANKRUPTCY FOREVER BECAUSE I DON'T WANT HIM TO LEAVE

-Poor Eli, it's so hard to be him OH BABY I would run for President only to have him as my campaign manager

-WILL CALLING THE BLOGGER AND KNOWING ABOUT THE STORY, OKAY I AM LOVING THIS. PLEASE SOMETHING AW REALATED MUST COME OUT FROM THIS

-WILL/PETER IS MY NEW OTP

-Guys you have to admit that the Kalinda/Nick scenes are funny, you know, pretending they don't know each other

-Loooooved the Lana/Kalinda/CableGuys scene LANAAA "Kalinda, let the man do his work"

-Best line: "Mum it's the Feds, not the cops"

-Let me make something clear, Alicia obviously didn't enjoy her first date with Peter because she doesn't like basketball, SHE PREFERS BASEBALL, ESPECIALLY WATCHING WILLPEOPLE PITCH FDSKFJSFJKDSFJSLS

-OH PLEASE, I WANT THE PETER/FEDS STORY BACK, PLEAAAAAASE.

-The end. OMG WTH HAPPENED THERE, WHAT DID THE NEW AMBER MADDISON (I can't remember her name) TELL MADDIE?

Oh and btw: I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S TRUE AND WHAT'S A LIE ANYMORE. IS THE STORY FAKE? I mean, Kalinda checked and the hotel story was a lie and so was the Alicia approving the affair thing but what if in fact something happened? What did she tell Maddie? OMG I WANT TO KNOW JFKDSFJSFJSKFJDSKFJKSL

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter