Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 4.03 Episode Discussion Thread - Two Girls, One Code (10/14/12)

Episode 4.03 -Two Girls, One Code

WRITTEN BY: Robert King and Michelle King
DIRECTED BY: Brooke Kennedy
AIRDATE: 10/14/2012

Happy TGW Sunday!

Enjoy it my friends!!!

Summary
While Alicia and Will represent an internet startup in a lawsuit against a search engine accused of manipulating results, Eli attempts to head off a potential scandal for Peter's campaign

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Elite Fan

Happy TGW day my friends!!!!!

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Kiki! Happy TGW Sunday!

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Elite Fan

Sighhhhhhhh! Kiki temporary had a mini stroke tonight Feeling better now

Overall episode was just ok.

-Nick/Kalinda: It makes zero sense really doesn't. What is he still doing in her apartment? Why won't he leave? Kalinda pushes him and he is back the next day? Nick is a pig, misogynist ******* Who the hell does he think he is really?

-Kalinda/Lana I been waiting for a sexy scene like that for FOUR season, and this is what we get? Kalinda in another word, it was so disappointing. And again this is all because of ****ING NICK So yea that scene was my second favorite and it was nowhere near of what I imagined K/L would be like. So yea bummed.

-No K/A interaction, sadness, sadness.

-Alicia, I got to say Alicia breaks my heart, she is so scared in that scene after Eli talks to her. Her face says so much. And she cannot believe it. But honestly how can she think is NOT going to come out? Perhaps this was her time to come clean? At least to her kids, cause I feel she cares about that a lot. That A/W scene was sad, I mean she is freaked and Will seems really worried himself. Poor guy is constantly reminded that is over.

-Will/Viola/Alicia fighting each other in court was fun, the judge cracked me up a lot. But again the case was in the back of my mind for most of the time.

-I like Clarke, he seems to be in the side of the firm. Love the D/C scene.
-Very very little Diane, what a letdown But THANK GOD she is featured in next's week promo at least!

-A/P well the last 30 seconds made he episode worth watching for me I cannot my heart exploded

-Eli/Alicia, damn Jules is so good. And Eli really looked like he cared about Alicia, wow.....also "Remember when I used to sleep on your couch"
-Also "Do you and Peter have an open marriage" Alicia laugh and face

Overall, I NEED more as much as I love A/P....OVERALL I need my show to come back. I need better balance, I need my main characters to interact to push each other. NOT one A/K scene, thats just wrong

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

everything WITH creepy Nick and Kalinda...just needs to stop
Old 10-14-2012, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
everything WITH creepy Nick and Kalinda...just needs to stop
On the positive side, the writers seem to be aware of it (too late!) since they were tweeting damage control trying to reassure people before the episode.
Um... maybe they should have thought of that before??

People hated Blake. Did they think it was because it wasn't GROSS enough and Kalinda was still too much herself with him?? So they created Yuck?!

Quote:
-Nick/Kalinda: It makes zero sense really doesn't. What is he still doing in her apartment? Why won't he leave? Kalinda pushes him and he is back the next day? Nick is a pig, misogynist ******* Who the hell does he think he is really?
No sense. I get why Archie was worried about the character getting OoC. I wonder why the writers didn't. He knows LESS about Kalinda than we do! What are we supposed to learn from him??

Quote:
-Kalinda/Lana I been waiting for a sexy scene like that for FOUR season, and this is what we get?
Four years of tension with a recurring character but no she's not a guy. It has to be about a man. So they make it about the guy du jour nobody cares about. They have their priorities wrong.

Quote:
-No K/A interaction, sadness, sadness.
For 3 seasons, they have been looking for a man to be Kalinda's kryptonite. Burton, Blake, Cary. Now Yuck. And all this time Alicia's BEEN her kryptonite and what do we get? Nothing.

Not getting what's going on with the Bermuda love triangle. Will looked miserable and worried in one scene then like nothing happened in the next.
Alicia looked like she had no idea what was happening the whole time.
I don't want to cast stones but what was that kiss about?

Soooooo bummed we missed the Archie/Cheno scene!! I really wanted to see them in the same room to see who was the tiniest! (it's Cheno ofc especially now that Archie worked out! but still it would have been fun! Cheno is the only one who could make Archie look tall

When Eli and the Nathan Lane character are the highlight of the episode for me, you know the show just hit a new low

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-14-2012, 09:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Why did Alicia get morally upset over the idea of Peter sleeping with a campaign worker during the time they were separated? Wasn't she sleeping with Will at that time?
Old 10-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Why did Alicia get morally upset over the idea of Peter sleeping with a campaign worker during the time they were separated? Wasn't she sleeping with Will at that time?
Good question, but like a lot of things in this show, many answers. First of all, if true it would hurt the family and her kids...
I think she has compartmentalized the affair with will in terms of it being outed...so it is not quite the threat in her mind that peters affair may have been if true.

But even tho she told Peter she didn't give a damn, I think she did.
I think a part of her wanted to believe that bec Peter had insisted he had changed and claimed to love her, he wld not have slept with anyone else. In other words, do not think Alicia was assessing the sitn morally, I think emotions were involved, such as having some feelings for Peter or what they had.

However, what is crazy is that it is hard to believe 2bright pple wld not have had some ground rules or understanding when they separated, even tho no one was supposed to know they were separated, which was originally Alicia's idea, to,protect the kids?

L
Old 10-15-2012, 01:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

This episode rocked the house. Some parts of it had a very S1 type of vibe and I'm sure we all loved that.

- The case was overall great and I loved the judge. However, I am getting a bit tired of Chunhum since it's been used so much.

- Mandy was a good hire. I loved how she said "solid source" and then later in the episode when Kalinda interviewed that stupid blond I was like "solid source my a**".

- Not much Diane, but I don't mind. Her scene with Mao was good and Mao altogether was much better than last week.

- Kalinda/Nick is handled pretty well, I don't get why the audience hates this so much. Kalinda kept him around so she could figure out a good move. She had plenty of them. Lana and that punch.

- Poor conference room. I like how I can have serious drama and comedy all in one believable package.

- Finally lots of super good Alicia and an ending besting that of last week.

Edit: two more points. Eli was splendid. And as I watched the preview for this week after seeing the episode I have to say that events have a much higher impact if you don't know what to expect. So people, stay spoiler free. It's so worth it.

Last edited by Substance; 10-15-2012 at 02:34 AM
Old 10-15-2012, 03:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

It was a good episode (if I ignore K/N), I liked the pace of it, and I liked the case and I enjoyed the judge. He was really refreshing.

Alicia: I think Alicia has a very unique way to react to things and that was definitely visible in this episode. I like leaning back and just enjoy Alicia being Alicia.

Alicia and Peter: I've never been a fan of them but the way their relationship is told (over the last seasons and now) it all makes sense to me, and that's all I want: that a storyline makes sense.

Alicia and Will: It was really sad to watch. When did Alicia become this self-centered? I understood her reaction the first time because she panicked. But later, when she felt better, she just called him to let him know and that was it. No "I'm sorry that the press is drawing you into this" or whatever. That's bitter. I thought they are still friends, aren't they? I didn't feel any friendship or care for Will on Alicia's side.

Eli Gold: Thank God he stopped running around in the show like a harlequin and is back in his element. I enjoyed watching him. Well, I found him a little bit too kind but that's probably because he really likes Alicia (and that however is something I enjoy because I like their relationship).

Kalinda and Lana: I had to laugh when I saw them in bed together because I was so ready to vomit when I saw Kalinda's face, totally expecting that Nick would be with her. What a relief! Apart from that: It was weirdly "unsexy" and I didn't understand why they filmed it that way. Maybe because Lana was nothing else than a background actor in the Kalinda/Nick storyline. And this is the complicated part: I am oversensitive when a lesbian relationship is used to fire up a heterosexual relationship (I don't mean it in the way Lana said, that she was just "warming Kalinda up for somebody else", but the character was obviously there to make Nick jealous and to give Kalinda something to control Nick.) I've never felt this way before in TGW, so I'm not mad but I am disappointed.

Kalinda and Alicia: Well, I know that as a lesbian viewer I should enjoy Kalinda and Lana but for some reason I'm strangely uninterested. I think it's because I'm more interested in deep and complex relationships like the friendship (or whatever this is at the moment) between Kalinda and Alicia. And we didn't get anything of it in this episode (and almost nothing in the previous episodes). Apart from Kalinda working indirectly for Alicia again (with Eli) A/K didn't exist, which is frustrating (again) because A/K are the main reason why I'm watching the show.

Kalinda and Nick: I know I'm repeating myself but I still don't get the whole storyline. And I don't understand why people say that Kalinda has the upper hand. If she had, Nick would be long gone, right? I simply have no idea why this guy is still in Chicago, not to mention in her apartment. I don't understand Kalinda's actions at all. (I would if she was still 16 years old, and I would if she had a severe personality disorder, and I would if she had severe problems with co-dependency, but none of this is Kalinda Sharma). I am still disgusted by each and every scene and I just want it to end. I WANT IT TO END!

Last edited by Kimlegaspi; 10-15-2012 at 06:28 AM
Old 10-15-2012, 03:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimlegaspi (View Post)
Alicia and Will: It was really sad to watch. When did Alicia become this self-centered? I understood her reaction the first time because she panicked. But later, when she felt better, she just called him to let him know and that was it. No "I'm sorry that the press is drawing you into this" or whatever. That's bitter. I thought they are still friends, aren't they? I didn't feel any friendship or care for Will on Alicia's side.
This! I totally agree with you!!

- A question: Please someone explain to me the logic behind the journalist's shifting focus from a W/A affair to P/campaign worker rumor. Why did she have to start with the former to end up with the latter. I don't get the logic behind it!

- Alicia kissing her husband out of relief because he didn't cheat on her for the umpteenth time: how admirable and heroic on his part ...

- The omelet scene is one of the most ridiculous scenes ever!

- Will: superb as always He's the main reason I'm still watching the show!

- I very much liked the Nathan Lane character!
Old 10-15-2012, 05:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
A question: Please someone explain to me the logic behind the journalist's shifting focus from a W/A affair to P/campaign worker rumor. Why did she have to start with the former to end up with the latter. I don't get the logic behind it!
The journalist didn't shift. For her it was about Peter and that campaign girl from the beginning but Eli (and we) misunderstood when Mandy talked about "an affair". Eli misunderstood because 1. he remembered that previously Mandy had wanted to talk to Will instead of Diane 2. Eli saw a picture of Will in Mandy's file. 3. Mandy demanded to talk to Alicia. So Eli concluded it had to be about Alicia and Will which it wasn't - and we, the viewers, came to the same conclusion because they made us see and hear what Eli heard and saw.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limbo bimbo (View Post)
- Alicia kissing her husband out of relief because he didn't cheat on her for the umpteenth time: how admirable and heroic on his part ...
I think Peter deserves to be forgiven for his mistakes. My parents had infidelity issues and our family is torn because of both it and the cheating spouse's inability to atone. In case of Peter he has done everything he could to make it better.

Alicia's kiss was a way to say "I'm sorry for still doubting you." I feel that Peter has now won back Alicia's trust although I think it can never be won back completely.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What did people think about Alicia's original statement to Peter about just "not giving a damn." I mean, before the kiss, I thought this was going to be a pivotal moment - I thought it was a legitimate reflection of her realising that she's at the point where she's moved on, and that any signs of her being 'upset' were reflex and then at the realisation that she wasn't surprised/that it didn't hurt her as much as it should have. Maybe this is just my Will/Alicia side sort of WANTING this to be her realisation though and then the kiss which just... gah... Idkidk. I don't know if I'm opposed to her actually giving him a proper second chance; but I just can't buy that the motivations are in the right place.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartunprepared (View Post)
What did people think about Alicia's original statement to Peter about just "not giving a damn." I mean, before the kiss, I thought this was going to be a pivotal moment - I thought it was a legitimate reflection of her realising that she's at the point where she's moved on, and that any signs of her being 'upset' were reflex and then at the realisation that she wasn't surprised/that it didn't hurt her as much as it should have. Maybe this is just my Will/Alicia side sort of WANTING this to be her realisation though and then the kiss which just... gah... Idkidk. I don't know if I'm opposed to her actually giving him a proper second chance; but I just can't buy that the motivations are in the right place.
If Alicia wants to try again with Peter, I think it's great because in the end if she decides to divorce at least she'll have tried for real and will have no regrets about her decision (I like A/P together but I doubt they're endgame...). Also, I think what prompts Alicia to reunite with Peter is also all that campaign stuff. They're both attacked by reporters, rumors, it's a very special situation to be in... so they're both in the same situation and understand what the other one is feeling. They're kind of alone against this sea of reporters so if they join forces they're stronger together. And they also still have strong feelings for each other.