Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

So many people here don't like L/G's financial situation, saying that it's nothing new under the sun. But it is "new"! They're doing it differently, because in S1 we had Alicia stepping to a healthy firm that stage by stage got worse. In S4 we have a recovering firm and Alicia has already established a steady foothold there. The recovery of S2 was basicly a merger that fixed all problems at L/G in two weeks not shown on the show.

More on the episode 2:

I like it how these random attorneys try to undercut Alicia in the beginning of the episode while the audience knows that she is untouchable. One thing though we most likely are going to see. With L/G losing one floor, Alicia may have to share her office (possibly with Cary).
Old 10-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Substance (View Post)
So many people here don't like L/G's financial situation, saying that it's nothing new under the sun. But it is "new"! They're doing it differently, because in S1 we had Alicia stepping to a healthy firm that stage by stage got worse. In S4 we have a recovering firm and Alicia has already established a steady foothold there. The recovery of S2 was basicly a merger that fixed all problems at L/G in two weeks not shown on the show.

More on the episode 2:

I like it how these random attorneys try to undercut Alicia in the beginning of the episode while the audience knows that she is untouchable. One thing though we most likely are going to see. With L/G losing one floor, Alicia may have to share her office (possibly with Cary).
I agree I like how they are handling the financial situation / I also really like the addition of Nathan Lane's character - a good and orginal addition.

About the loss of the 27th floor - who else thought Diane was being quite petty and unfair and accusartory towards Alicia in that scene - It seemed a little out of character for Diane. But she was having a pretty bad day

But made me think of how far Alicia has come. I almost sensed a hint of resentment from Diane there - that even with all her years in the business in ways Alicia has more clout or swing because of her political connections and past.

Alicia has officially become a power player - for many reasons - her political connections,her great work at LG etc - I wonder how many people are ultimately going to feel somewhat resentful and threatened by her position.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
These are the strongest of all the law shows out there. The dynamics among the lawyers, judges, witnesses and jury are brilliant IMO. I have missed Will in action doing what he does so masterfully. The egotistical Harvard grad judge was a neat wrinkle.
I agree. And I'm usually more interested in all those courtroom dynamics than the case itself. But that Harvard judge got on my nerves...
- Ice cream scene: overhyped! and please, lose Nick as soon as possible because it feels like a show within a show. But I bet since they brought Nick in ut's not going to end soon..
- Alicia and Maddie stuff was probably the most interesting, I'm curious to see more and what is Maddie agenda
- Loved how the other lawyers tried to undermine Alicia, but she did the opposite when she spoke abput her colleagues. and I laughed when she thought that one lawyer wasn't fired because of her and she tried to save the others
- Good to see Will back in court, and that first scene with Diane was awesome
- A/P... I ain't even mad The way A/W was handled last season lowered my shipping enthusiasm... I'm starting to not care about Alicia's love life...
Old 10-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

Fluff, the ART!! Bravo Very nicely done!!

Quote:
Nick nick nick nick
you cannot be serious? This dude is CRAZY He is like bipolar. What a creep he was in A's office I think he needs to see a shrink, seriously.

Quote:
I was just too mesmerized by masterful ice cream eating
That was basically what happened to me! The way K was DOGING that ice cream, I wasn't able to concentrated on much else after that

Quote:
Her ignoring her work seemed out of character... Rather than bec of her distraction by nick
Right. Makes no sense, she wants him gone why would she waste her time with him?

Quote:
but I'm confused about Kalinda's motivations...Does she want him gone or does she genuinely care about him and she wants him to stay?
Yea is really weird. I came to the conclusion, Kalinda likes sex, and thats why she keeps messing with this dude. Or maybe she thinks it will be easier to get rid of him if she manipulated him and made him believe she scared I have no idea.

Quote:
I would enjoy seeing her make a commitment and then dealing with the challenges within it rather than the perpetual see-saw.
I agree with you, heck I have a preference on who she picks, but honestly I wouldn't care as long as she really just made a choice.

Quote:
I'm curious to see more and what is Maddie agenda
Yea she has something under her sleeve.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick

Last edited by Kiki17; 10-08-2012 at 01:18 PM
Old 10-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Awesome art Fluff!

As for the episode...

Will – OK, I’m going to say this. It has come to my attention that I enjoy Will’s character more in the scenes he has with Diane. Alone?? Not so much! With Alicia?? Kinda of boring,imo.

And his attitude with Kalinda?!??!? I know she was suppose to, like Will himself, have no life outside work, but that’s not how you speak with Kalinda! Not with Kalinda above all people!

The case was uninteresting. Still not sure about the Judge, certainly didn’t appreciate the jurys new role.

Diane – Again, it’s always such a joy to watch her. Her scenes with Will are a treasure! The way she was teasing him, awwww that was sweet to watch….

It was also nice how she switch her position about the case, just to back up Will against Hayden.

Kalinda – When I saw head titles in my google alerts, screaming spoilers, which I didn’t open to read, I got scared. There was something about a scandalous scene, never seen on network tv, related with sex! So I waited to see…. I almost felt sorry for Nick, in what it seemed a Cary’s hard core version.

The off screen sex act itself, was dull. But Kalinda’s licking that ice-cream cone after the dullness was, as only Archie can create, a masterpiece, as following

After that, it wasn’t a very good Kalinda’s episode. I do not like the fact that she seems “lost” and out of her game with the presence of Nick. Besides I feel it’s in contradiction with her ice-cream defiance.

Also “No. God, no!” on Alicia’s “did you send him(Nick)to us”)??? WHERE’S KALINDA IN THIS EXPRESSION??! And her tone!?!?!??! I CAN’T SEE HER THERE…

BUT, Kalinda going all clean and open to Alicia about Nick being her husband, was in the A/K, only NOT ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Continuing with A/K, I’m so curious to see how Alicia is going to handle the imposition of Hayden concerning dropping Nick as a client!! I mean, when did Kalinda ever ask Alicia for anything???? Now I want to see her response!

Hated when Nick pointed the gun at Kalinda! Did not like her ignoring that, like it’s a regular “game” they play. Although I appreciated that she showed no fear of him. Conclusion: we know she has a thing for danger, but to that point? Of being such careless with her own safety?! Or is it that she doesn’t believe/she knows she can control “The Creep”? Still, didn’t liked it!

And what about the expression on Kalinda’s face on Nick’s “I love you”? Still thinking about that

Alicia – I would accept better if she divorced Peter, and still support him on his campaign. But this, what is this? She doesn’t want Will. But she also doesn’t seem to want Peter either, like for real. But she still shows indefinition.

The house was a mistake already, and now she’ll be standing next to him, NOT being with him? She doesn’t know what she wants. She needs to hear herself express her thoughts out loud. And hey, if that’s what we need to see them together again, so be it! Can we please have some sort of conversation between Alicia and Kalinda?!!! They clearly need it badly! Both!

And don’t you go cheating on Kalinda with that Maddy, cause she wants something of you!!!!!

Cary – I’m feeling really bad for Matt and Cary’s character  He’s like that awful present given to you by such a dear friend, that you kept it anyway….

Eli = Cary! Even though at this moment I can still stand Cary a little tiny bit more.

Nathan Lane – Damn, I forgot his name! Mr. Hayden!! I liked him in the previous episode. I get that he has to make tough decisions, just not sure about his criteria… And him, asking to bring back Nick “The Creep” No Sir, I did not like that one bit!!!!!!

Also, when Diane later said he could tell them NOT to take a case, does that necessarily means he can also TELL them to TAKE a case??? Cause, it’s not the same thing (Even though I believe he was right on that case!)

Maddy/Maura – I liked her at the beginning, no really by the end! Funny how the speech she was giving was a replica of what we’ve been discussing in Diane’s thread. (We definitely have an infiltrate ) I did like her interaction with Peter, just not sure what’s her real intentions there.

Note – I prefer the previous elevators!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

what an ep. I am glad will and alicia are still having scenes.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

"And his attitude with Kalinda?!??!? I know she was suppose to, like Will himself, have no life outside work, but that’s not how you speak with Kalinda! Not with Kalinda above all people!"

I think Will was absolutely right to read Kalinda the riot act. He is her boss; she was slacking; there is a crucial matter at issue; this is not 'outside of work' but during work hours. Also, she respects him and his message got her off her butt and produced some good results.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Nick/Kalinda. Shipping it.
Nothing else to say here.....

Quote:
With L/G losing one floor, Alicia may have to share her office (possibly with Cary).
That would be the logical thing to expect, but this is TGW we're talking about...

Quote:
I think Will was absolutely right to read Kalinda the riot act. He is her boss; she was slacking; there is a crucial matter at issue; this is not 'outside of work' but during work hours. Also, she respects him and his message got her off her butt and produced some good results.
I didn't like how Kalinda was absent was dismissal with her work. It's too ooc, and trying to show us her head is so full of Nick she disregards her work, the only and most sure thing that she has!

But, that doesn't mean Will can talk to her that way. I'm not saying he wasn't right to tell off Kalinda, but not in the way he did. But then that just follows the same kind of attitude as when Kalinda asked him for money because she was leaving Chicago, and he never thought of asking if she was in trouble, or in need of help. Only thing he could thought was how his life would be more difficult without her to save his ass in a next time.

And of course she acknowledge she was off her game, I'm mean sure, ok, she's been running for years from her husband and now he's in town, dangerous or not, sure she has things on her mind, but come on, "which case?" she was clueless!!! They want us to believe Kalinda was clueless??!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Femina (View Post)
: That would be the logical thing to expect, but this is TGW we're talking about...
Actually Beth did answer this question..... and it seems she is sharing.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_good_wi...d_wife/191390/

Quote:
1. Does Alicia have two offices now? Cause there is one where she talks with Will and another where she met with Nick and Carey?

No, Alicia has her same office but because of Lockhart & Gardiner's financial troubles she is sharing with Carey. This has affected the entire firm and you will see it reflected in the set decoration in numerous upcoming episodes. Let's hope Clark Hayden (Nathan Lane) doesn't do too much cost cutting to the decor!

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-10-2012, 08:06 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
Actually Beth did answer this question..... and it seems she is sharing.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_good_wi...d_wife/191390/
actually that question is mine!! But I wrote Cary's name properly, see:
JoanaC ‏@Miss_Femina
@GoodWifeSetDec Does Alicia has 2 offices now? Cause there’s the one where she talks with Will, and other where she met with Nick and Cary?
Old 10-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Elite Fan

I figured it had to be yours or someone in my timeline cause I swore I had seen it Glad she answered!

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
A/P... I ain't even mad
I know, me neither !

Quote:
Nothing else to say here.....
Quote:
you cannot be serious? This dude is CRAZY He is like bipolar. What a creep he was in A's office I think he needs to see a shrink, seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalinda Smith (View Post)
I can only hope you're more discerning in your life, Eug so that you won't have to find out just unpleasant and unromantic life can be with a man who treats you like an object. No matter how "hot" he is. I really do.
Quote:
I am hoping this is a joke... I really really do... because wow that is just wow... no words... you actually ship it?
I am in shock... I foudn nothing interestign or even hot about those two... it is almost annoying me more than Blake and that is hard... (rewatched the episode by now and it really does)... And I am the one who is actually into 50 shades thing and I dont like this at all...
But I guess it really is each to thier own... and this is noe exception... just surprised anyoen is actually jumping on that "ship"

I knew this was going to happen I find it so funny
Okay I mean ship in a very broader sense. I don't think they are cute together, or that they love each other, or that they could actually work as a couple or anything like that. I just enjoy their scenes, I mean not the sexual ones but the punches and the threats and Kalinda kicking his ass, etc.
As for me liking Nick, ofc he is crazy and he is biopolar and his scene with Alicia cracked me up He is such a psycho and such a bad-ass

Quote:
No it did not come out of no where if you rewatch second half of season 3...
What exact scenes from S3 are you talking about? And the scene of A supporting P in his PC does not count.

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 10-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
What exact scenes from S3 are you talking about? And the scene of A supporting P in his PC does not count.
Well I know everyone is like I don't see it, but there were some clear signs not necessary of "reconciliation" but of Alicia warming up to Peter and it not being ice cold between them. I think it began 3.17, they were talking about the condo and they seem at ease, which makes sense cause it was a casual conversation. Then there is that scene where she admits perhaps it wasn't right that she didn't included him in the house deal, now thats not huge but again the point is that they seem to be talking again. Her supporting his campaign was a huge moment forward as well, that might not for be much for you but it does prove that it "didn't just come out of nowhere" her supporting him open doors for them talking again, for her seeing she still believe in him politically. And all these things could have help them come back together in a common ground that is not necessary getting back together but way much more than what they had in S1-S3. And then lets not forget the finale, definitely a more relaxed conversation, she tells him "it means a lot" that he is actually telling the truth. Now you cannot argue that at least in some ways since 3.17 Alicia has been much warmer to Peter that we have EVER seen before. Which leads us to 401/402 where again she seems to be helping him and they are at ease. Heck I don't know where this is going to lead,but to act that Alicia is suddenly just being "nice" now is false. And I am just discussing her being nicer and warmer to Peter, I am not saying anything about love or reconcilation.
However her spending more time with him, seeing him doing his political stuff, him telling her the truth, these are things that could possibly lead to Alicia consider giving Peter another shot. Who knows, just saying, **** happens.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks KIKI, very well said. I felt ALICIA was cold and downright indifferent to Peter..with reason, s1&2, but last season, she even mildly flirted with him re the kids, and she did become gradually warmer.

This show is generally subtle with rlshps except for Kalinda, and this season, they have run amuck! Or made a poor casting choice..not sure if the way the scenes are written it wld have worked with anyone!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Which leads us to 401/402 where again she seems to be helping him and they are at ease. Heck I don't know where this is going to lead,but to act that Alicia is suddenly just being "nice" now is false. And I am just discussing her being nicer and warmer to Peter, I am not saying anything about love or reconcilation.
No, I am the one talking about reconciliation Alicia being nice to Peter is not something new and in fact I am glad they can be "friends" but IMO, that's not where they are going (to friendship), I saw something else, with those looks in the end of 4.02 and that's why I am getting all WTF and looks like I am not the only one

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter