Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Amore~ (View Post)
Did anyone else find this finale a little underwhelming? :/ I don't know why I just didn't feel it
I felt the same....I was expecting more of a cliffhanger. I was actually suprised it was the finale.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:27 AM
LGC
Extreme Fan

Quote:
If lawyers started filing fake lawsuits to steal clients from each other, the system would be pretty even more backed up than it is now and it's also very costly
You think the law suit was faked? I believed they had two cards to play: the one they showed that could cause L&G to drop the class action (they almost did btw) and the one they hided about fishing a client. I don’t think they stole anything, it was Will and Diane’s job to keep Patrick Edelstein and even when Patti mentioned the elephant in the room they didn’t suspect anything I have no idea how law firm contracts with big clients work but don’t they have an article where you have to remain with them for a given period of time? Maybe it was about to expire and he decided to change.

Quote:
Oh yes, I agree, but I don't think they will go there, they need the firm to have financial troubles, you know, more drama
That’s exactly the point! It is impossible to be always on top (economically speaking ) but we have never seen a real consequence of a lean period in L&G. It will be obviously saved by some important client or a massive win, but I don’t find it boring, it is a firm after all. And hiring Cary is not even the 1% of what they lost with Patrick Edelstein I believe.

Quote:
So I'm wondering if F&E Construction is real at all. Or a front for something else.
Oh it is real, the question is what do they construct? Fast & Expert Construction, we build smoother roads by taking the unwanted stuff out from your life.

Quote:
My guess is that she's got alzheimers (or some sort of senile dementia).
We still do not know what kind of medication she is taken, maybe hallucinations are a side effect

Quote:
And again...those psychodelic green walls at Kalinda's place!!!!!
That’s why she needed the sunglasses

Quote:
I’ve rewatched it and confirmed that the three judges involved in the bribery issue are Judge Wynter, Judge Dunaway and Judge Parks
Thanks! What is wrong with me? I mixed the judges! Ignore me

Quote:
Winter for the Southerners
Thanks!

Only the good ones leave early, I will miss you Caloi
Old 05-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Did anyone else find this finale a little underwhelming? :/ I don't know why I just didn't feel it
I don't know. The reception has been pretty positive here, on tumblr and livejournal and the show even trended on Twitter, which never happened before. I guess it depends what you're looking for in the show. It's hard to keep everyone happy with one episode, especially when couples are over with but I thought they went out of their way to include everyone even if the episode was Alicia centric with a Kalinda back story.

Quote:
I have no idea how law firm contracts with big clients work but don’t they have an article where you have to remain with them for a given period of time? Maybe it was about to expire and he decided to change.
I don't know either Mariana. And Edelstein was unhappy about the suspension and everything, I know. My point is they told Will and Diane that the goal was to poach a client from them. If every lawyer in America starts suing competitors to make them look weak just to steal clients from them, it's a problem, don't you think? Not only of ethics but also on a practical side. There's a reason the bar association is so harsh on ethics matters.

Quote:
Oh it is real, the question is what do they construct? Fast & Expert Construction, we build smoother roads by taking the unwanted stuff out from your life.
oh Lord. That reminds me of a scene in Boss.
I don't know. I think the guy's reaction was hostile and suspicious from the moment she mentioned F&E Constructions. If it's a real company, even dealing in illegal business, why does he immediately assume it's about Kalinda?

Quote:
I don’t think so. This show’s biggest topic is always about the definition of “good wife” in this current era --- being a traditional and dutiful woman who puts her family at first or being a independent and modern woman who puts her career at first --- which is showed at the last scene of this season: stay or leave?
I don't know Jonathan. I agree with you on the topic but I think there are more ways to deal with it than make it all about a choice between Peter and Will. For one, there are other men out there. And also there is Alicia's kids, she doesn't need Peter to be in a career/family struggle. A lot of shows do it with no men involved. See Nurse Jackie or The Killing for example. My point is a love triangle is not vital to the show, at all. Even less so between Peter and Will. Alicia said she didn't love Will. She doesn't regret their affair and he's still in love with her but they can go back to being friends and it won't make a difference to who the character is. Same with Peter. It's over. He's still the father of her kids and they can have an amicable separation and she can be involved with his career but that doesn't mean that her struggle has to be about him.

Quote:
Yes, but I hope the Kings do not interpret this in a literal manner. Please don’t do this for real --- don’t kick her off from this show! L&G needs her and we need her too!
Heh no worries. The show needs her too. They know it. The only way they would kill her off was if Archie wanted to leave and I don't see that happening. She keeps saying Kalinda is the role of a lifetime so she won't leave until the end.

Quote:
And now she can 100% believe this “revelation” when Kalinda confessed that she had a husband.
There are a lot of women (and men) who used to be married who are now identifying as gay. That hardly means a thing.

Quote:
Yeah, the exactly same drink that Kalinda ordered! By the way, a ring on the ring finger means this person is married and unavailable, but what does it imply when a ring is on the middle finger --- like the one on Kalinda’s?
that she likes her ring on her middle finger? Personally I wear mine on my thumb because I play the guitar and it bugs me when it's on another finger. It's probably just an aesthetic choice.

Quote:
She absolutely deserves one! And the boob shot helps.
Quote:
Maybe she just saved it as a memorabilia from her husband
She keeps guns and money in her walls but she lets a dangerous revealing check laying around in her file? Didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. They just needed it as an excuse to kick start this.

Quote:
In all likelihood, he, a young man with a bright future in legal world, should win over a dame over 40
I'm not even going to comment on that bit of sexism and ageism there, Jonathan
Seriously, whatever the reason, she won. Two years ago. Can he PLEEEEEEASE for the love of Mike get over this??! He had a good job, he got promoted and got a bigger office in a state job where everyone else was stuck in closets/cublicles. He screwed it up for himself now he's back. Whatever he lost, he lost on his own. I just don't want him to go back to being a douche with Alicia.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 05-01-2012, 03:30 PM
LGC
Extreme Fan

Quote:
If every lawyer in America starts suing competitors to make them look weak just to steal clients from them, it's a problem, don't you think?
I agree with you and it would be chaotic if lawyers start to steal clients from one another. I don’t believe this situation is usual though, there was a circumstance that made L&G weak and Patti-LC smelt it like vampires smell blood. Although they said the real motives for going after a law suit, proving this would be even more expensive for the system. Regarding Patrick Edelstein leaving the firm, it was about time! I’m surprised that the show spent a lot of time outvoting Will instead of showing unhappy clients with his absence or with the power fights at L&G after his suspension.

Quote:
If it's a real company, even dealing in illegal business, why does he immediately assume it's about Kalinda?
Mmm I’m not so sure that he immediately thought of Kalinda, he did when Alicia said that the check was invoiced to CASH, her aka?

Quote:
That reminds me of a scene in Boss.
You have already suggested this one, but from what I've read it is too much politics for my taste. Maybe during Winter holidays I give it a try

Old 05-02-2012, 03:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

thought on season 4-

the LG economy problems are old news to me. its repetetive writing. i alredy seen this story unfoled, i dont need a rerun.
same goes for A/P/W. trust me when i say i love A&W but the "A dont know what she wants" is not as intresting as it once was. pick someone, be alone, just deside something. it makes me loos intrest in A...

what i would really like to see?

K killing her husband and facing murder charge. everyone in LG got her back and from the trial we learn more about K and everyone around her...
Old 05-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rony3369 (View Post)
thought on season 4-

the LG economy problems are old news to me. its repetetive writing. i alredy seen this story unfoled, i dont need a rerun.
This show is also about the firm LG. Most of the world including the USA is still in a bad economy and it's only natural that The Good Wife reflects this. Sure, with LG's win ratings in court I'd expect them to do better financially, but the writers do as they please.

I'm sure however that this Edelstein thing and LG's economy was only a cliffhanger and we'll see something "big" happening in beginning of S4.

One thing I want to see during S4 is Mike Kresteva vs. LG in court. It might be also interesting to see Peter in court as well like we saw Childs in some of the S1 and S2 episodes. But my biggest wish of all is that the writers stop forcing some plotlines which don't seam to develop anywhere. Cary's plot for instance was one of the biggest letdowns of this year. Well, during S2 Cary didn't have much of a plot so in that way S3 was better, but just because it was different. However, what are they going to do with Cary now? I don't want to see him clash with Alicia and I don't think the writers want it either as we already have a big villain in the show (Kresteva), but what is left for Cary? This last episode made me very curious about it.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lentejoncita (View Post)
This was the most important point! She stay because she was worry for Alicia! I don't know what kind of love it is, but really Kalinda loves sooooo much Alicia that she is ever leaving all her instincts of preservation because of her. She was ready to leave, to disappear the only thing that make her doubt was Alicia. (Btw, it is ironic that Will said "I thought you were lucky here" Really Will? Lemond Bishop is behind her, she can't have any kind of relationship, and now that things are getting better with Alicia it happens this... so, yeah... lucky) I am looking forward to see what happens whit the husband, but even more to see how the two of them share thinkings about this.
He said "I thought you were liking it here!", not lucky!!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:01 PM
LGC
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by souldances (View Post)
He said "I thought you were liking it here!", not lucky!!
Yes, Leticia was watching without subtitles and it gets confusing for us who do not speak English as first language. I understand things wrong even with subtitles, so

Old 05-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I’m surprised that the show spent a lot of time outvoting Will instead of showing unhappy clients with his absence or with the power fights at L&G after his suspension.
I agree. It would have been more interesting than yet another power struggle at the firm. Been there, seen that. The twist was pretty much the same too: "let's bring in Howard". At least it would have given a new perspective on the old chestnut.

Quote:
Mmm I’m not so sure that he immediately thought of Kalinda, he did when Alicia said that the check was invoiced to CASH, her aka?
Heh. "Cash" is not an identity of Kalinda It means the check is not meant to be deposited into an account as is but is payable in cash to the check bearer
It's a really good thing too because Cary/Kalinda, as much as it sounds bad to me, doesn't sound as bad as Cash and Cary

The dialog is this:

Man: "Yeah?"
(audience: not the usual way a company answers the phone but ok)
Alicia: "Is this F&E Construction?"
Man:... <long silence>
(audience: take a clue, Alicia! Hang up!)
Alicia: "Hello?"
Man (now suspicious): "Who is this?"
Alicia: "blah blah blah lawyer blah blah check"
Man (now sounding hostile): "Who is this?"
(audience: no no no no no, that's not good! not good at all!!)
Alicia: ... <WTF silence> "Is this F&E Construction?"
(audience: is she blonde??)
Man (sounding irritated): "Yes!" <another silence then trying to cover up the hostility> "I don't recognize your voice"
(audience:OOOoh that's why he was acting weird and all, right? )
Alicia: "I'm a lawyer representing......"
(audience: DON'T SAY IT!) (Alicia: mmm... maybe they're right, I won't say it) "... someone who blah blah blah so..."
Man (sensing she's a bit Bambiesque and trying to get a name out of her): "Who's the check made out to?"
Alicia (definitely Bambiesque): "Cash"
(audience: who the hell is Cash?)
Man (abandoning all pretense since he won't get a name that way): <sinister laugh> "Where are you calling from, lady?"
(audience: oh for crying out loud, Alicia!! is something wrong with your fingers? Hang up the damn phone!!!)
Alicia (still not getting it but annoyed at the attitude): "blah blah check, sir?"
Man (probably thinking she's a blonde): "Sure. Gimme a check number?"
Alicia (starting to remember she is NOT a blonde!! and sensing the whole conversation has been kinda weird): <long silence... hm... that whole conversation has been kinda weird>
(audience, pulling their hair: YOU THINK??!)
Alicia (finger on the trigger but always polite): "You know what? I'll call you back with this information, thank you"
(audience: TOO LATE!!!)
Alicia (to herself): "hmm... that was weird, it's almost like... 12 million people were screaming at me or something"

Enters Cary... Alicia forgets all about the conversation until the guy calls back the next day, which she'll promptly forget about again for another day or two.

I got carried away but my point is he acts pretty normal at first and the minute she mentions F&E, he knows something's up. That doesn't seem like the reaction of someone who just runs a company that has less legal activities in the middle of legal ones.

Quote:
You have already suggested this one, but from what I've read it is too much politics for my taste. Maybe during Winter holidays I give it a try
well it's not so much about the politics as it is about power and the consequences of being in power. It's very Game of Thrones that way but with a more human angle and less dragons

Quote:
K killing her husband and facing murder charge. everyone in LG got her back and from the trial we learn more about K and everyone around her...
That would be one way to go about it but that's not going to happen. They delayed the storyline because they didn't want to cast the husband during pilot season, which means he'll be recurring for at least some episodes. Don't ask me how they intend on doing that, I have no idea. If he's at the door and Kalinda looks pretty decided to offer him a bullet in the head as a welcome gift...

Quote:
This show is also about the firm LG. Most of the world including the USA is still in a bad economy and it's only natural that The Good Wife reflects this.
Ok but is it the only thing they can think of doing with the firm? It would be just peachy if they hadn't already had that storyline last year! They dealt with it and now it's back for no other reason than they can't think of anything else?

Quote:
One thing I want to see during S4 is Mike Kresteva vs. LG in court.
Is he even a lawyer? I don't think he is.
Anyway, even if Matthew Perry is hoping to pull double duty (I don't see how he would and the show is probably going to go with Plan B just not to get screwed again by people trying to raise their profile by being on TGW but having other more important gigs preventing them from being on the show), it's not about court drama, it's about the politics. It's an Alicia/Eli/Peter thing. Nothing to do with the firm.

Quote:
However, what are they going to do with Cary now? I don't want to see him clash with Alicia and I don't think the writers want it either as we already have a big villain in the show (Kresteva), but what is left for Cary?
well again Kresteva is pretty much over and he's only involved with the political storyline. I don't think they need a villain personally because... well... it's supposed to be a realistic show and they have way too many people twirling mustaches already imo.
However I agree with you on Cary. Obviously they already don't know what to do with him one episode in. And they only reason they brought him back was that he didn't have anything else to do at the SA so... again...

Last edited by Gelfling; 05-02-2012 at 04:35 PM
Old 05-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Extreme Fan

It was JM who made the connection with MP and got him on the show...they have real not had great luck with some of their recurring /guests.

Think Mike said he was a lawyer, but you,re right..non issue bec it is political...unless he sues someone!
Old 05-03-2012, 03:42 PM
LGC
Extreme Fan

OMG the transcript!!!!!!

Quote:
It means the check is not meant to be deposited into an account as is but is payable in cash to the check bearer
Ohhh I didn’t realize cash would make it impersonal, it is common sense! What a mistake!

Quote:
That doesn't seem like the reaction of someone who just runs a company that has less legal activities in the middle of legal ones.
I don’t think it is legal, not that F&E appears in the yellow pages. He won’t answer the phone with the name of the company, but let you talk first imo.

Quote:
but my point is he acts pretty normal at first and the minute she mentions F&E, he knows something's up.
For me it is weird from the beginning, as you said, no one in a legal company answers the telephone with “Yeah?”

Old 05-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

Fluff you are killing me ! First in Twitter and now here ?

The transcript was just.... hilarious ! I laughed so so so hard that my parents had to check out if everything was okay with me, you know, they are starting to think I am nuts !

Thanks for the laugh !

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 05-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The transcript was just.... hilarious ! I laughed so so so hard that my parents had to check out if everything was okay with me, you know, they are starting to think I am nuts !
Just tell them "it's nothing, my friend Fluff is running on adrenaline again and she didn't take her meds"

Quote:
Ohhh I didn’t realize cash would make it impersonal, it is common sense! What a mistake!
it's alright. It took me a minute too.

Quote:
I don’t think it is legal, not that F&E appears in the yellow pages. He won’t answer the phone with the name of the company, but let you talk first imo.
Heh "F&E Constructions: we solve your problems"
I wonder what F&E stands for. Do you think there's a chance it's not a random choice?

Quote:
For me it is weird from the beginning, as you said, no one in a legal company answers the telephone with “Yeah?”
definitely. And the way he gets suspicious right away... Argh! Alicia! Seriously!!

Old 05-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Just tell them "it's nothing, my friend Fluff is running on adrenaline again and she didn't take her meds"
And I think they will start giving me some meds

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 05-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you for sharing the transcript! So hilarious!

Quote:
Alicia (definitely Bambiesque): "Cash"
(audience: who the hell is Cash?)
Well, "Cash" could be explained as the abbreviation of Cassandra. A character with this name appeared in 2 Broke Girls on CBS before and her nick name was Cash indeed. I wanna know what "Bambiesque" means --- a perfectly strange word in my vocabulary.

Quote:
Ok but is it the only thing they can think of doing with the firm? It would be just peachy if they hadn't already had that storyline last year! They dealt with it and now it's back for no other reason than they can't think of anything else?
The financial problem will not last long. Other than the cases, I guess the main storylines will be Alicia & Kalinda vs. F&E Construction (Kalinda's storyline), Peter vs. Mike (campaign storyline) and the civil war for the partnership (Howard accidentally dies, then David Lee, Julian or someone else claims that he can find a new client or a new way to make money in exchange of being promoted into a partner).