Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-20-2012, 07:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

Will gone: kinda sucks, really. I hope they find a way to show him doing something interesting off-work.

Alicia's clothes: yeah, pretty grim. She could use some colors.

A/K: action begins!!! Can't wait to see how that's gonna play out. I have the feeling they saved Kalinda's past digging mission for the second half of the season. Should be fun.

And yes, the directing of the episode was rather confusing. Not the best.

When will we have a new ep again?
Old 02-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Elite Fan

thank god I'm not he only one who was like WHAT THE HEC IS GOING ON Alicia's clothes!?
Old 02-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The last grey dress or suit, or whatever it was, it was awful
I am going to have to agree, when I was watching, I was thinking I don't really like how that grey looks on her. Though the beige one she had was pretty.

Quote:
I was expecting more A/K after the sneak peak about Alicia taking care of Kalinda's case, but... the plant the seed... it's just question of time...
I am so damn excited! Maybe now that the Will thing is done with, we can get some A/K interactions

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 02-20-2012, 08:38 AM
LGC
Extreme Fan

It was a great episode different from others, it was not just the case and regular characters interaction, it opened different lines for different characters, imo.

The case was very interesting, I like when they turn social It was also a good farewell for Will, he did hit a home run with his last bat

Diane classy as always and staying by her partner. Of course she has the firm as an interest but anyway, Will and the pro bono was a nice move! I found it strange that she wanted him to fight back and not choosing the 6 months option, it would have been risky imo, Will took the right decision for him and the firm. He will have a place when he comes back, we don’t know if as a paralegal, a lawyer or a partner

I don´t really understand how a probation works, it’s like they will wait and see if he doesn’t steal another 45K? How is that the Board panel doesn’t go deeper in his behavior at his current law firm? For example, the opposing witness surprisingly going into a coma just before his deposition

Judge Abernathy is so passionate Some good lines from him too

Always smart Kalinda, it was sad to see her losing a friend and I believe that a lot of A/K interaction is coming

I enjoyed Eli in this episode, just for the sake of cutting the sadness of the rest. Also, him interacting with his ex-wife is much more likeable than with Stacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
I wonder how Will is going to be shown in the episodes now
I think they will focus in his personal life, they had only shown the professional side of Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
L&Associates, NOOOOOOOOO
Didn't you hear? Will has two surnames and Associates is the second one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly2790 (View Post)
Also can they please stop dressing Alicia like a 70 year old grandmother

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
thank god I'm not he only one who was like WHAT THE HEC IS GOING ON Alicia's clothes!?
It could be a way to show how she feels? I won’t blame the costume designers of TGW here, it may have been done on purpose.

Quote:
And the end... She is so going to miss him
She can visit him She will do well without him at L&G, but it will surely hurt when she looks at his office during a working day and he is not there.

I agree with Kiki, the amount of time of guest stars fitted perfectly in the episode and Jonathan Groff was excellent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylana (View Post)
When will we have a new ep again?
I believe that in two weeks

Only the good ones leave early, I will miss you Caloi
Old 02-20-2012, 09:03 AM
Loyal Fan

I thought it was a good episode. I like that Will is accepting responsabilities for wrong doings, so few people do! I like that Diane helped him out. I really like where they are going with Alicia and Kalinda.
No infuriating children.
Not really interested in Eli, I like his ex-wife but don't think much of Stacie.
Just enough screen time of the SA office. I like that Geneva is back.

Diane is the boss
Old 02-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Passionate Fan

I really enjoyed last night's eppy.

It was sad yet a great set-up eppy regarding storylines (Alicia/Kalinda, Will, Diane and the firm, etc). I feel bad for Will that he had to leave but I respect him for leaving. I'm actually really looking forward to the firm's drama, it could get interesting there.

I liked thst Geneva was back too, I'd take her over Dana any day.

I enjoy Eli in small doses, last night was too heavy a dose.

I too noticed the weird cut with Diane walking into court twice...not very good editing at all.

But overall it was a good eppy, sucks we have to wait so long for another new one though.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Mhnn, overall I didn't think the episode was anything special, but I do like the direction they're taking the story to.

- Will wasn't that boss in court, just compare to last 3 episodes of S2.
- Will's decision was unexpected, but then again it would have been too unrealistic if he fought and won (again).
- Is Dana (finally) gone? I do like the actress as a person, but in many ways Dana as a character is only a compromise.
- We could use more Alicia.
- I was really looking forward to the political aspect of TGW this season, but... 15 episodes in and it has let me down. I know they're saving the juicy parts for later, but why do they promoto Peter's campaign for senate and give us practically none of it?
Old 02-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

Mariana, Disciplinary Board sucks. I can't believe how hypocritical this is. Will didn't deserve this. Reason number one, he put it back. Reason number two, it was 15 years ago. If this Disciplinary board is as good as they say it is they should have done this before, not now They say their objective is to maintain the honor and integrity of the Law. Are you kidding right ? This happened 15 years ago and you are doing this now. And okay, let's say that he did it, it's not fair, if Will has to face consequences, I really hope Peter also has to. If Will's sins from the past are coming back, then Peter's should too because we know he didn't pay for them (and I am not talking about prostitues and about the trial from S1). Kalinda saved his ass, he didn't face the consequences. At least he admitted he did it, he regrets it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly2790 (View Post)
Also can they please stop dressing Alicia like a 70 year old grandmother. What is going on with her clothes this year.
Yeah I agree. Julianna is so beautiful and sexy, I wish we could see Alicia wearing sexy clothes.

Quote:
I did. In fact, I found a continuity failure - I'm not sure if that is an accurate term in english- when Diane entered on court.
I noticed that too

Quote:
Will has two surnames and Associates is the second one

I don't know why they need to change the name of the firm in the first place

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 02-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Will didn't deserve this. Reason number one, he put it back.
Sorry but this is bogus, I work in a bank, I take 45K from any customer and put it back the next day, I would be in jail

Quote:
If this Disciplinary board is as good as they say it is they should have done this before, not now
But they didn't know about this before? Didn't Wendy just tell them?

Quote:
if Will has to face consequences, I really hope Peter also has to. If Will's sins from the past are coming back, then Peter's should too because we know he didn't pay for them
I don't think this has anything to do with Peter really. And what are you referring Peter didn't pay for, if not for the prostitutes and the S1 trial? what else are you referring?

Quote:
At least he admitted he did it, he regrets it.
I definitely think Will regrets it, and he feels even worse that the thing that saved him was a thing he didn't even fight for.

Quote:
but then again it would have been too unrealistic if he fought and won (again).
Good point

Quote:
We could use more Alicia.
AMEN AMEN AMEN!!

Quote:
I was really looking forward to the political aspect of TGW this season, but... 15 episodes in and it has let me down. I know they're saving the juicy parts for later, but why do they promoto Peter's campaign for senate and give us practically none of it?
Total letdown and I really worried about they will do at the end and what it will mean for Alicia. I wish Alicia was more proactive about this whole Peter thing.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 02-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Total letdown and I really worried about they will do at the end and what it will mean for Alicia. I wish Alicia was more proactive about this whole Peter thing.
Yep I agree. It would would have given some great steam to the season
Old 02-21-2012, 04:01 AM
Loyal Fan

As far as Eli is concerned, I wish they could stop making allusions to the Bin Laden thing. The first time this was mentioned in a previous episode, it was funny in a weird sort of way. Now by dint of repeatedly alluding to it, it ceases to be so.

Last edited by Limbo bimbo; 02-21-2012 at 05:44 AM
Old 02-21-2012, 08:00 AM
LGC
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Substance (View Post)
Will wasn't that boss in court, just compare to last 3 episodes of S2.
Considering the situation he was going through and that he found the key to win this case, satisfied the clients and in the process he has beaten an unbearable opposing counselor and her client, I couldn't ask more from Will.

Quote:
Is Dana (finally) gone?
I don’t think so, she still has venom

Quote:
Why do they promoto Peter's campaign for senate and give us practically none of it?
Good question! maybe they start to plant it from now till the end of the season?

Quote:
Disciplinary Board sucks. I can't believe how hypocritical this is. Will didn't deserve this. Reason number one, he put it back. Reason number two, it was 15 years ago.
I understand Euge, what I don’t get is why they didn’t go deeper in his current behavior if they have conclusive proof that he did something wrong 15 years ago. I mean, did this occur only once? Or have this happened again? What else did Blake Calamar say? Not that I’m asking this myself, but I find it a logical or natural question from the Board point of view. It’s like they just sit and wait till someone gives them the evidence in favor (Diane) or against (WSC) him

Quote:
Are you kidding right ?
Me? No, but is there a prize if I say yes?

Quote:
I don't know why they need to change the name of the firm in the first place
I think it’s because it won’t look very well (or even if it is allowed) to have a suspended lawyer as part of the law firm’s name, not only for possible clients but also for the Board itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
I don't think this has anything to do with Peter really.
Maybe Euge sees that this problem derived from Peter going after Will in the first place and the possible fact that he always lands on his feet is not fair I can't find other reason for Peter coming to light now

Only the good ones leave early, I will miss you Caloi
Old 02-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGC (View Post)
Maybe Euge sees that this problem derived from Peter going after Will in the first place and the possible fact that he always lands on his feet is not fair I can't find other reason for Peter coming to light now
I get it, but the problem really derived the moment Will did what he did. And the moment Blake came in the picture and of course then Peter's jealousy. I am sure Peter will get his due, not sure when. But I guess what I am saying is, is that this 45K issue isn't really Peter's fault.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 02-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Having worked in a bank as well... you are right with the 45 K...

And Peter did not go after Will in the first instance...dana brought him the evidence... I hate that Peter used his office, but if you do think of it... he was in a crappy position looking like he would be favouring the firm if he did nothing... but I htink ...In the "old boys club"... they would protect each other and peter would not have moved forward with WSC. He rationalized and his jealousy got inthe way...

I do think Peter will "pay " for this.. and alicia must feel a bit guilty... if she had handled Peter a bit differently...things might have played out differently.

Quote:
And what are you referring Peter didn't pay for, if not for the prostitutes and the S1 trial? what else are you referring?
this issue always drove me nuts... in S1, they implied/hinted that maybe Peter was involved in some other corruption, but it was very vague(at least to me).

there was also all the stuff with the fake photos being sent to the apt...and STern saying Peter was "set up"... I think it was left muddy intentionally... Kings have hinted there will be something else coming up for Peter... from his past. Just like with Kalindas past, they lay seeds for the future, which is good writing( or can be).

I was not overly impressed with this epi BUT it did lay grounds fo rthe future. As well, the 4 "core" players are Alicia, Will, Kalinda and Diane... and to keep the series going, it is hard to keep the same patterns. How many times can the firm almost break up? Although the show is a procedural ( partly)) writers have done an admiral job of not having every case in the courtroom. To keep it fresh, taking Will out of the firm for a few months ( and believe he will still be in every epi) allows the writers and the actor to do something different. I am sure JC is thrilled.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:57 PM
New Fan

Can anyone explain to me why the name of the firm has to change? i don't get it.

because it has Garderner in it, it doesn't say Will has anything to do with law?