Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-05-2011, 03:00 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyDiva (View Post)
The "incident" with that little twit going to get baptized by wannabe Jesus was just the catalyst to her final decision even though her relation with him wasn't even in play during the fake disappearance .

Thank you for that that actually made me laugh more than anything that happened in this episode and sums it up perfectly

I agree with a lot of what several people have already been saying here.
The whole thing seems so contived and not fitting with who Alicia normally is.

Sure enough this epi was always going to bring back the focus of Alicia as mother, having a family but it was laid on pretty heavily.. ( the 'two kids' i.e. protege's Caitlin vs Martha which I felt took up a bit too much of the episode), the kids-angle with MJF, the whole abduction and worried parents thing..).

I get that Alicia may have been feeling somewhat guilty, maybe she felt she was overindulging in her own pleasures, but I really don't see how the kids have been suffering from this other than their dad not being around. And that wasn't Alicia's doing but Peter's .. So it does feel contrived that that would be the big reason to break up.

Clearly Will didn't want to since he had a somewhat cynical comment about asking Alicia what she wanted, probably fearful of what the answer would be. The final scene clearly suggests he thinks he was more serious and felt more for her than vice versa.

The Wendy S.C. scene with Peter and the budget-bla I suppose is just in there to point back that this move will probably come back to bite him in the ass at some point.

As for the Creepy Duo, I just wish Dana would just go, and take Cary with her - unless Cary gets a more clear purpose so we know what the hell he's thinking. But Dana trying to make Kalinda ask and then saying Cary talks about her after sex, wtf is wrong with that woman..?? So wrong on so many levels, and creepy doesn't even describe it anymore.

Kalinda was awesome, awesom in every single scene!! Always love her but even now she clearly nailed every bit .. The way she handled the damages bit to Caitlin (Alicia, strangely unprofessional in her annoyance about it..), the way she stepped up to talk to Zack and found Grace faster than all the troups and police did , the way she never wanted to take credit for that, her scenes with Will too Just awesome!!!

As was Diane by the way.. Not a lot of screentime but she kicked butt all over the place!!

Also loved that Eli was knocked down a peg or two and it makes sense, if he wants to be a part of the firm he can be of good use to them but he needs to learn how to work with them. Would love to see Eli/ David Lee scenes and also looking forward to the E/W relationship getting a positive spin...

So definitely some positive prospects laid out in this episode that I am looking forward to, but I agree a lot of it wasn't compelling or interesting in and of itself.
I think the writers just tried to throw stuff around and get some new angles out there but the way it was done feels contrived and too sudden, not in character for some like Alicia especially.

By the way as always I don't like Grace and I love Zack..
Old 12-05-2011, 03:08 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amygardner (View Post)
am I the only one here thinking the break-up might be a fake ?
I was thinking the same thing (as in ep 1), but it wouldn't change anything about the investigation...WSC will still continue, now it is obvious that with A. Wiley she will very soon know about P and K affair.

I am a bit disappointed by the writers because they play to much with our nerves. A/W did not have a real conversation so far. It is too long time not coming... The only reason why they are pausing is that A breaks down after the so called kidnapping of Grace. everybody asumed they broke up, we don't know that they are breaking up as they did not say words. I guess they are pausing.
Why didn't Will ask her what she wants and what all that mean to her? Again, bad timing. He should fight for her if he thinks she is his soulmate. I do not understand how such a successful lawyer is so disarmed in such a situation. Does he really deserve her?

Many other questions are not solved yet:
What will A she think about the investigation?
When she finds out that K helped her, what will she do? If they amend their friendship, will K tell eher what Will really want from life?
How was Will aware of Grace's disappearing?
Eli and Will are going to support themselves and it will be very "productive". Eli should be the one to give him first class information about the investigation... Eli might also find new clients/candidate and let Peter down?
Old 12-05-2011, 03:15 AM
Passionate Fan

By the way I think the case could have been interesting (had they played it out more deeply), and Jennifer C. and the J. Michael Higgins did a great job on their characters.

I just feel the whole protege thing (plus ethical stand- issues between MJF and Alicia) was too overbearing in the whole scene.

Also I suppose this was to show us why Caitlin was an Alicia (Will's remark a while ago) and therefore it was the right decision to keep her as opposed to Martha. Move on indeed...

Just hope we won't be getting a lot of Caitlin now and I really hope we won't get a Caitlin/Will as in a rebound thing for Will..
Old 12-05-2011, 03:30 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch Tomato (View Post)
I DON'T GET IT
I know it is so sad.
I think they are trying to pause (do not forget what they say: "even if we say we will, we won't...).

Has this something to do with the partnership contract Will took when he left Diane's office at the beginning of the ep?
Old 12-05-2011, 07:16 AM
Loyal Fan

I read the comments here before actually watching the episode and I think it was a good idea because I was prepared for the worst and in fact I really enjoyed it!!

The break up totally makes sense to me if their relationship is just based on sex because it's just not Alicia, I can see her having a fling (remember it took her 2 years to do it) but she needs "a plan"!

So, I'm convinced that they love each other but they really need to talk about it to "make a plan" in order to really be together.

Devious Canning was a good twist, taking the mail from Alicia's bag and playing the short hours, good parent line to make her join his firm.

I still don't know what Eli is doing at L/G but I enjoyed the scenes with Diane and Will.

W/K moment was great!

What's wrong with Alicia's computer for goodness sake!!! Was it just a way for Zach to be at the office when Alicia called so that Kalinda could be involved in finding Grace?

Dana is really creepy! I found the conversation with Kalinda really strange, Cary talking about Kalinda when having sex with Dana! Beeeeuuuurrrrkkk

Diane and Will.... I loved them, I really do.

It's going to be interesting to see where they'll go from here.

Finally, I thought both Julianna Margullies and Josh Charles were very good, !
Old 12-05-2011, 07:42 AM
New Fan

This episode seriously pissed me off! I am really mad at the writers right now. This episode could've been written better by a English Writing Major in her Sophomore year in college. GRRR So what did we get? A very dull case that I could've cared two cents about. I don't believe Caitlyn's acting and Martha is a bit too big for her britches you might say and who the freak cares!!! Why spend all this time on a case that goes no where. MJF gave the weakest performance ever. Yes, we get it. You have kids and Alicia should be home with her kids...who by the way are not little kids. Maybe someone should tell the writers that. Alicia didn't even over react like this when her kids were younger. And why wouldn't Grace leave Alicia a message or send a text saying she what she was doing after school. Teenagers and text messaging are like a happily married couple. It was just another reach in my opinion.

Ok, the break up. REALLY? That's how this is going to do down. Alicia walks into Will's very public office and tells him it's over? Hmm, let see that took all of 30 seconds. I knew it was coming because over the last couple of episodes they have been foreshadowing it, but this is how it was delivered? I am mad and feel ripped off!

They need to stop giving so much air-time to characters like Cary, Dana, Wendy. Those people take important precious time away from our main characters. I got just the right amount of Eli in this episode.
<<shakes head and walks away from computer>>

Last edited by lisarita; 12-05-2011 at 07:44 AM Reason: spacing issues
Old 12-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
At least give me a break up that's not just put in for the sake of breaking up a couple to cause drama
But then it'd be real life Chrissy, not tv 99% of tv break ups ARE for the sake of drama

That said, though, there have always been many reason for A/W to not even get together in the first place, so I always expected her to end it sooner or later. I just wasn't expecting it to happen last night
Old 12-05-2011, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Last night's episode was quite exciting yet crappy at the same time in breaking up will and alicia. and then diane with will at the end. I like that Kalinda found the Florricks daughter. Both peter and alicia were happy to see her. I liked Eli's storyline as well. I missed a couple of eps of Good Wife. I'm getting caught up.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't get the ending scene with Will and Diane, what did she mean he did the right thing? Does she think he broke up with Alicia, like that, in his office, for her to see what he was doing, or is it something else that I'm missing?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch Tomato (View Post)
I didn't get the ending scene with Will and Diane, what did she mean he did the right thing? Does she think he broke up with Alicia, like that, in his office, for her to see what he was doing, or is it something else that I'm missing?
Diane thinks Will broke up with Alicia but if she only knew Will didn't do anything! And when he said "She will" I know everyone in the audience is thinking, she might but what about you. I kind of felt sad for Will when he talked about he always focused on work his whole life and he wanted more. Its a sad thought when you worked so hard all your life, but something is still missing.

Quote:
When she finds out that K helped her, what will she do? If they amend their friendship
I sure hope so

Quote:
will K tell eher what Will really want from life?
mmmh good point, a total possibility

Quote:
How was Will aware of Grace's disappearing?
He could have asked Zach?

Quote:
Eli and Will are going to support themselves and it will be very "productive". Eli should be the one to give him first class information about the investigation... Eli might also find new clients/candidate and let Peter down?
This is a dynamic I wasn't expecting and it was quite refreshing. What will Eli do when he talks to Peter? I mean will he be mad that Peter is going after the firm? or would he not care since in the long run he is focusin on Peter for Governor?

Quote:
Kalinda was awesome, awesome
She basically BLOW me away

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 12-05-2011, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Diane thinks Will broke up with Alicia but if she only knew Will didn't do anything!
Yeah that's why I was confused, cause even though she could only have seen it through the glass it seemed so clear to me that he wasn't even saying anything But in the end, I think it's good that she thinks this, because if she knew it was Alicia who broke up with him she'd still be onto him thinking he was pining after her or that anyway he treated her from then on would be because he was hurt, or whatever, so yeah.

Quote:
And when he said "She will" I know everyone in the audience is thinking, she might but what about you. I kind of felt sad for Will when he talked about he always focused on work his whole life and he wanted more. Its a sad thought when you worked so hard all your life, but something is still missing
"Yeah. *She* will" that broke my heart And he was going to talk to her about it, he was so nervous, and then that happens
Old 12-05-2011, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And when he said "She will" I know everyone in the audience is thinking, she might but what about you.
You're so right ! I felt the same way. Poor Will

Quote:
Yeah that's why I was confused, cause even though she could only have seen it through the glass it seemed so clear to me that he wasn't even saying anything
Yeah but since Alicia was the one who was crying and Will looked so calm I think Diane supposed he had broken up with her. Plus, Diane doesn't know that Alicia has a reason to do so, but she does know that Will has one (a really important one). And they spent basically the last two episodes talking about what he should do with the investigation and their relationship, so I guess Diane concluded that W told A to pause or stop.

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 12-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

I honestly wanted Will and Alicia to talk more like even though Will knew what Alicia what was gonna say I still wanted to see them talk it out since we haven't seen them really discuss themselves so far this season

Old 12-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
I honestly wanted Will and Alicia to talk more like even though Will knew what Alicia what was gonna say I still wanted to see them talk it out since we haven't seen them really discuss themselves so far this season
I get what you mean. I would have liked to see them talking, really, but what Will could have said to Alicia after the break up ? He can't make her change her mind, and he wouldn't ofc because her feelings are always first for him. So I guess he was right not to say anything because I am sure it would have hurted her. Let's suppose he would have tried to stop her, it would have been so hard for her to tell him no. So again, I am glad he just hugged her and comforted her

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 12-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I do believe though, that even if Alicia wouldn't have done it, Will would have broken up with her.
mm i wouldn't be so sure about that. Did you pay attention to both his convos with Kalinda? (funniest thing about the A/W relationship being discussed more with W/K than A/W) The one in the office when he said he didn't want the question about "whether or not him ending things with Alicia" to be asked as a way to stop the investigation. Then the one at the bar wanting to know what Alicia exactly wanted. I guess when she started with the "Will" while already tearing up he got his answer. Forever crying for Will

Quote:
But then it'd be real life Chrissy, not tv 99% of tv break ups ARE for the sake of drama
Really, Sherlock? I didn't know this was a TV show. That wasn't my point. I wasn't pissed because of the break up. Couples break up all the time in TV show. I am not gonna lie that i didn't expect a breakup this season since there was so many anvils and the "on paper, those two shouldn't be together" My point was i thought it was a poor execution of it especially since we got nothingness with those two this season. It's like from epi 1 to 10 their scenes or even convo decreased. Like i pointed out above, you found out more about A/W with Will talking to Kalinda well at least about his POV. He should be having those conversations with Alicia. I guess when he finally wanted to get around to it, she breaks it off. Ouch!