Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozik (View Post)
How does accusation of Will being corrupt help to fight against Bishop?
It doesn't. That's why Will called it BS. It's not like Bishop communicates his future crimes to Will to have him prevent it and even then I wouldn't be dying over something that reached status of limitation and from another jurisdistiction.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
How does accusation of Will being corrupt help to fight against Bishop?
A few episodes back, P/C/D seem to be going after Will in order to get Bishop. But Peter seems the conflict of interest so finds another prosecutor to the investigation on Will. Now Wendy comes in the picture and she has a different idea of how she is going to approach and investigate Will. So what I am saying was this started with the idea that they would pressure Will to get Bishop. But the investigation has taken a turn now, once Wendy came in.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-20-2011, 11:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
-Eli cheese thing, old news. Couldn't really care but it did lead to that amazing Diane/Eli scene...NOW that was a masterpiece! I loved that!
Diane is always awesome in every scene, for real!!
Eli and the cheese thing took up waayyy too much of the time and was just, /care, whatever. I guess it was mildly entertaining to see the different charts but just a waste of good time to have eg Diane, Alicia, Will or Kalinda on which I would much rather see.. Maybe the writers are recognizing this and are looking for a different angle for Eli to still be in the firm without these well blah-supposedly mildly entertaining in between scenes that really in fact are to me more annoying than entertaining because they lead to nothing, are not part of the overal arch and well just take up too much space without being interesting..
So I hope something good will come from their Scotch intervention..
Quote:
-K/W working together! Too bad Wendy Scott-Carr has other plans about what this Will investigation is going to be about. Too bad that Will is actually not guilty of what he is being accused off, so this investigation is going to get her nowhere.
Yeah I have a feeling this may be dragged out over a few more episodes and none if it will be very good.
Quote:
-So what happens now after the D/W conversation? What is Will going to do?
Give in for now, take away the sting and have his revenge I think, at the moment?
Since Alicia is feeling the pressure too what with Jackie and Peter coming after Will (provided they finally talk about that big fat elephant in the room, I assume Alicia must have sensed something is up by now??). Wonder how Will will handle it though, by actually addressing the issue or by doing something stupid to cover the real facts in a misguided attempt to not make it harder on Alicia.. Hope not the latter.
Quote:
-Kalinda and her talk about turning women on...hot damn It was the first time we see Kalinda being so open about her desire for women?! And there she goes taking shots with Dana, I cannot wait until A/K make up! Though I still think the D/K chemistry is much great than C/D.
Ohh I wish Dana to be gone asap now tbh.. and C/K nor C/D has any chemistry to me tbh... Kalinda's always .. just Kalinda.. and awesome.. No amount of Dana or Cary or combined can ever match that...Not even close.
Quote:
-Alicia being ALL kinds of awesome in court!! She was great! She was snarky and too the point! Man I like that!
-Case was ok, but I loved the end when the judge basically told Alicia the reality of the trial. That actress is really good, it was a good scene.
Well idk.. Still seems like a military cover-up and scapegoating from the army more to me than one person being really at fault. Sure, someone has to be accountable, but why this woman, a 'drone' in their own terms no less instead of anyone who actually has any say and sway, to be held accountable.. Just didn't really buy all that.. Alicia seemed to be wondering about her own accountability for her actions though (with Jackie's accustaions and her own latent guilt / worries about being there enough for her kids, plus potentially putting them at risk with being with Will)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyDiva (View Post)
The former. Unless Alicia tapes the kinky which i doubt , i don't think she has anything on her laptop about anything else but work. I mean they probably just use the phone to communicate about lunch. I doubt they use emails for that when you can just text or call each other
Yeah I noticed it too, it was clearly on her face.
I think she was worried about the whole Will situation and how it might reflect badly on her (if something were found) in a custody battle with Peter should it come to that. I think she was shocked the kids would even consider this and thought she protected them , sheltered them by not burdoning them - that they actually were considering this on their own.
She clearly tried to steer away from the subject but Zach had already figured it out. In spite of Alicia's attempt not to poison their minds with suspicion and upset against their grandma, the kids know their mom and grandma (from hell) too well to buy that for one second.. After all the are her kids..
Quote:

Dana has reached her expiration date. Sorry, girl. You turned into a Tammy for me.
Ohh I am so with you on that!!! Just NO!!! (In every sense of that word!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyDiva (View Post)
It doesn't. That's why Will called it BS. It's not like Bishop communicates his future crimes to Will to have him prevent it and even then I wouldn't be dying over something that reached status of limitation and from another jurisdistiction.
Well the Bishop thing (imo) was clearly just a pretext indeed, to get to Will obviously.
Lamont Bishop has always been quite an Achilles heel for L/G and they knew that when they agreed to represent him for his legal affairs.

It was just a ploy to be able to go after will with Peter's 'clean' policies. He obviously was worried about a conflict of interest and brought in Wendy to handle it.

It's all a bunch of overexaggerated hoopla about some innocent stuff going on but obviously making bets with judges (Will has dabbled in trying to get friendly judges on his side in the past, even with harmless stuff like playing sports with them..) it can be made to seem much more than it actually was. It's pure innuendo, and slander even but that is the hardest thing to battle as well.

There's no way Lamont Bishop would ever communicate any of his illegal activities to Will or L/G but this is all about appearances, politicians recognize smear campagnes anywhere and any time.. plus how to make them work in their favour (sorry about the slight bias about politicians but yeah, I guess I do have them when it comes to this stuff. )

Last edited by Kiki17; 11-20-2011 at 11:57 PM Reason: double post ;)
Old 11-20-2011, 11:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
The episode was alright. Lots more Diane and I just love Linda Emond's judge and Patrick Breen's JAG lawyer.
Yeah, I like them too. In my opinion, they are really good roles, should be more appear.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What is even more surprising, that he does not look as the bad guy, while doing this (and he is definetly a BAD guy here if he abuses his office just to get Will)
I think that's because the show is trying really hard to not make it look like he's being consciously vindictive. And failing apparently, judging by the posts here
He does have a point though, don't you think? If he was not to pursue this after someone dropped it on his doorstep, it would look like he didn't want to create trouble for his wife's firm, wouldn't it?
As far as everyone is concerned, they are married and Alicia is not sleeping with Will so if he did anything else, THIS would look like abusing his office.

Quote:
To me it looks like Cary is reluctant to participate in Peter's vendetta, but has no much choice.
That's so OoC. Cary, who's been making Alicia's win in S1, and every trial he had against L&G since, personal is suddenly concerned about this? Please. I know they are trying hard to make him look like a great guy again but this is beyond ridiculous.

Quote:
And I don't believe she would dare to go after Will with no authorisaton of Peter. Even if he simply gave her carte blanche, he. in fact, authorised it.
But that's not how things work. Try to see it from an external and objective point of view. Even if things were good between Peter and Alicia. Even if he was best friends with Will. He would have no choice but to pursue this and give it to someone else while giving them complete latitude to lead their investigation.

Quote:
There were definitely three people in that bed and to use that to intrigue a guy to be into you, seriously, how desperate can you be..
and Cary getting into it was just as pathetic. How much worse can they get with that storyline? It's like they are trying to make every mistake in the book!
And I thought the W/A/P triangle was bad

Quote:
Yeah sorry I found her rather annoying really with the way she was trying to lord all over Diane on socalled principles (anyone who wants to go into politics and claiming that to me has phoney written all over them, sorry for the generalization..
I didn't say I wanted to be her friend or that I found her admirable. Just that as far as "villains" go, she's miles more interesting than other attempts like Blake or Cary.

Quote:
Maybe the writers are recognizing this and are looking for a different angle for Eli to still be in the firm
Possible. I wouldn't mind that at all. If Eli's here to stay, I'd rather it was as a member of the firm with his storylines more integrated with everyone else than on his own like we've been getting it so far.

Quote:
Wonder how Will will handle it though, by actually addressing the issue or by doing something stupid to cover the real facts in a misguided attempt to not make it harder on Alicia.. Hope not the latter.
I think that ship has sailed. I'd like to think he's going to try and get this investigation buried instead.

Quote:
There's no way Lamont Bishop would ever communicate any of his illegal activities to Will or L/G but this is all about appearances,
I'm sure he would. They're his lawyers. However, just like Will pointed out, it would be privileged communications and he would get disbarred for even mentioning anything to anyone. If lawyers were just selling their clients to get out of whatever hot waters they were in, there would be no point in the attorney-client privilege.

Quote:
Kalinda's always .. just Kalinda.. and awesome.. No amount of Dana or Cary or combined can ever match that...Not even close.
No match for Kalinda! And her reaction to the ridiculously immature game Dana was playing when she ran into the Creepy Duo at L&G was just like mine "yeah yeah whatever".

Quote:
Sure, someone has to be accountable, but why this woman, a 'drone' in their own terms no less instead of anyone who actually has any say and sway, to be held accountable.. Just didn't really buy all that..
It's not for the judge to decide who should be in court. She's judging the case in front of her. It's not as if the big wigs were co-defendants and only their client was found guilty with the higher ups exonerated.
The whole case was a bad idea, imo but I thought the judge was not wrong.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 11-21-2011, 01:52 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
and Cary getting into it was just as pathetic. How much worse can they get with that storyline? It's like they are trying to make every mistake in the book!
And I thought the W/A/P triangle was bad
Oh I know It truly was a case of which of the two was more pathetic than the other one.. W/A/P at least still have something 'real' going in either relationship in terms of investment, feeling, complexity.. But these two are just simply not even a match.. Just wannabe's. Been dubious about Cary's character for long now always hovering between the evil enemy of Alicia/ L/G but with split loyalties all the same (as for his initial reluctance to go against Will as opposed to the drug angle..). He seemed to overcome it so quickly too though so I really don't have a clue where he stands at the moment wrt loyalties, I think even he doesn't know it himself either anymore.. But by the way he's been behaving in last episodes he really needs to start figuring it out and take a stand because all this wishywashy half in half out stuff is getting, well confusing and when it works out with a liason like with Dana, annoying to me

Quote:
I didn't say I wanted to be her friend or that I found her admirable. Just that as far as "villains" go, she's miles more interesting than other attempts like Blake or Cary.
Yeah ok I hear ya, in that respect, definitely in favour of Wendy but that doesn't say much since I never cared any for Blake and am always in two minds about Cary it seems
I think the show needs a real and good villain for that matter. I guess they daren't go there (yet?) with Peter since they still want the A/P relationship to have a potential future to come back to or at least to create some tensions for A/W for it to remain interesting for us.. (Jackie being told off and even out of grace with Grace doesn't seem to indicate a warmer A/P bond soon though for that matter)

Quote:
Possible. I wouldn't mind that at all. If Eli's here to stay, I'd rather it was as a member of the firm with his storylines more integrated with everyone else than on his own like we've been getting it so far.
Me either.. I still like Eli as a character and I think it would work much better if his work was somehow integrated with L/G cases/ work more. Perhaps they want him slightly out of synch to be open to joining Peter on a next campaign as sofar this seems to be where his heart really is - however if they want to make it work, him being a regular and taking up a lot of airtime I think he definitely needs a more interesting and integrated role that doesn't detract so much from the actual storyline.

Quote:
I'm sure he would. They're his lawyers. However, just like Will pointed out, it would be privileged communications and he would get disbarred for even mentioning anything to anyone. If lawyers were just selling their clients to get out of whatever hot waters they were in, there would be no point in the attorney-client privilege.
Well I should have expressed myself more clearly I think.
I meant yeah he will share it but probably in all sorts of innuendo and covert terms (kinda threatening), where Will or any of the L/G lawyers he's dealing with will know perfectly well what is going on without him actually admitting to it - same as how he dealt with former issues like his increasing (drug) territory and his former wife and her lawyer/ their affair.
Obviously there is nothing they can say about it but I think the fact that they say they only would handle his legal affairs does imply they won't accept any cases where he has overtly handled out of jurisdiction. It's a very grey area though for sure..

Quote:
No match for Kalinda! And her reaction to the ridiculously immature game Dana was playing when she ran into the Creepy Duo at L&G was just like mine "yeah yeah whatever".
Yeah I loved how they were anticipating some kind of jealous reaction, or pining for it in fact like two love/ attention sick puppies and she just shrugged it off like that..

Quote:
It's not for the judge to decide who should be in court. She's judging the case in front of her. It's not as if the big wigs were co-defendants and only their client was found guilty with the higher ups exonerated.
Well I am not saying she's totally wrong but I don't think she was totally right either.. I think more people should have been held accountable judging by the whole system as it was revealed including the algorithms and how the value of human life was being weighed - it seemed quite subjective to me especially depending on how it was viewed by the superior.. We never got any objective proof she actually was at fault as far as I could tell just this pilot/ guy who may or may not have had a bias and wasn't on site anyway. I think this was a bit of a grey area too, and the army seemed very keen on just holding her responsible and not look into the matter any more then though I think very valid questions were raised in general, and by Alicia in particular. But then I guess it's a matter of interpretation of the facts.

Not saying the woman was innocent, just think she shouldn't be the only one to be held accountable - seemed to me that the army was good at interpreting similar facts differently when it suited them, but oh well, it all depends on perspective I think.
BTW I did love the interaction between the three and the different outlook on the same facts, different angles and how the army judge did perceive it differently than maybe a regular judge in a regular case (civil or criminal) would. Great acting on all involved imo.

Last edited by Jazzed; 11-21-2011 at 02:09 AM
Old 11-21-2011, 03:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

I liked the episode very much. I don't have much to add to what others have said already.

I think Dana is okay, but that Giddish (typo?) girl from episode 1 would have propably been a lot better.

Shortly about the case. Double Jeopardy showed us how tedious the military court is, but this time we got to see that it has its reasons. Someone has to be accountable and the defence didn't give good arguments for the jury to sway the verdict to "not guilty". Our sergeant simply had an itchy trigger finger.

Then... Where's Caitlin? She wasn't needed here, but she hasn't been around a lot for quite some time now. I don't think she will be in the next episode either.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I don't think she will be in the next episode either.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Kiki17; 11-21-2011 at 11:11 AM
Old 11-21-2011, 03:27 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
That case was whack. There's no way the military would pursue an action like that one. Scapegoats yeah but last thing they need is the grunts second guessing orders and directives.

Quote:
As far as everyone is concerned, they are married and Alicia is not sleeping with Will so if he did anything else, THIS would look like abusing his office.
I thought that's what his conversation about it with Cary was meant to be about. He has no choice, politically, but to sink his teeth into that case.
Funny how the only thing people got from it is that Cary was being Mr KillJoy.
Peter's stuck with it. Only thing he can do is give it to someone else who'll look independent enough, hence Wendy.

Quote:
How much worse can they get with that storyline?
Give them time. I can think of 10 ways this could get worse. Not gonna get into details cause the powers on this board are still freaking me out and I want them used only for good.

Quote:
But by the way he's been behaving in last episodes he really needs to start figuring it out and take a stand because all this wishywashy half in half out stuff is getting, well confusing
Cary's a double crosser. Proved it many times too. I would watch my back if I were Peter cause you can never trust a guy who helped you screw the guy who hired him. His whole attitude reeks.
He's only interested in himself and what goes on in his own universe. For all we know his "resistance" to the Will case is just him trying not to burn bridges in case he decides to go back to the private sector.
He's a narcissist. Everything is about him. As long as he doesn't know where his interest lies, he'll keep walking the yellow line.

Quote:
I think the show needs a real and good villain for that matter.
I can do without villains. Only soaps need villains. The world is full of people who have opposite interests and that can create conflict without having to draw mustache and horns on anyone. I like more complex characters. It's just me.

Quote:
Yeah I loved how they were anticipating some kind of jealous reaction, or pining for it in fact like two love/ attention sick puppies and she just shrugged it off like that..
heh she's more concerned about why they're here and Will than their sick games. That's my girl.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
She wasn't needed here, but she hasn't been around a lot for quite some time now.
My point, I really do not want to see her again. I like Dana and Matha.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:50 AM
New Fan

if any of you have friends that are interested please forward this to them, in in desperate need of a Kurt. In sorry I'm posting here but you guys seem nicer than otter forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by McHart (View Post)
Roleplayers Needed

-Kurt McVeigh(perferably)
-Will Gardner
-Alicia Florrick
-Eli Gold
-Any one from The Good Wife

If anyone is interested, Please make a roleplayer.me account and add this account LockHart� on RolePlayer.me - roleplayer.me/OriginalDiane I will apprechiate any character, I could make a Will/Diane relationship and or Kurt/Diane relationship, i'm pretty open to it all. If anyone is interested in ANY character, I would do my best to make my replies the best.
Thank you so much for the recap, it was lovely, I can't wait to see it !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
If there is, I don't know it. All live streams were shut down to my knowledge.

The episode was alright. Lots more Diane and I just love Linda Emond's judge and Patrick Breen's JAG lawyer. The case was a little too blah and there was again too much Eli. But there were good parts so it's awash all in all.

Dana is seriously creeping me out now. Just saying. Dressing like Kalinda is stalkerish enough but the dirty talk with Cary about Kalinda?
Get your head checked, girl.

Loved Wendy again, I know I'm in a minority on that, especially now
The Will storyline is developing so slowly, it makes watching glaciers melt exciting. I hope they get a move on. I can't wait to see what happens even though the basis seems more shaky as time goes by.

Oh how could I forget about the Alicia-Jackie smackdown? that's my girl!
Even Grace is getting annoyed and when Grace is getting annoyed by you, you just know it's terminal!

Last edited by Kiki17; 11-21-2011 at 06:03 AM
Old 11-21-2011, 06:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

This was a pretty good episode, the weak points were Dana and Cary.

I wasn't convinced by Wendy Scott-Carr previously, but I loved her taking over the new Will investigation. She blew Cary and Dana away. More of Wendy please.

Loved seeing alot of Diane. The chemistry with Diane and Eli was very interesting. The side story of his PR firm wasn't as disjointed as the other episodes. There was a nice smooth transition. I'm pleasantly surprised how Amy Sedaris fit right into this Cheese/fruit thing. It wasn't over the top nor dumb. She hit the right marks.

Will and Alicia's military case was good too. Loved that judge and the military attorney.

Too much snark from Dana and Cary, and their romance thing was oddly annoying. WTF Dana is doing messing with Kalinda? but I hope the writers are setting her up for a huge embarrassing downfall because I don't like this catty talking behind Kalinda's back in bed with Cary thing.

Last edited by AnewFriend; 11-21-2011 at 06:32 AM
Old 11-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Loyal Fan

This episode was OK. But I can't help feeling let down, even cheated, because of that awesome promo! Diane issues no ultimatum and Will and Alicia barely interact outside the case (I prefer "Double Jeopardy" to this tepid rerun). Where's the fire? where's the passion? The W/A relationship has reached such frustrating levels I have no words for it!
As usual, the Eli plot hogs much precious screen time. WTF with the cheese and corn and bread business? Who cares? I was bored! I hate to say this as Eli used to be my favourite character after Will. Plus Amy Sedaris's character has nothing memorable about it! Bring back Patty Nyholm please! The C/D/K love triangle feels forced; no sexiness there!
Old 11-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
What is even more surprising, that he does not look as the bad guy, while doing this (and he is definetly a BAD guy here if he abuses his office just to get Will)

To me it looks like Cary is reluctant to participate in Peter's vendetta, but has no much choice.
.. but in Peters mind, he is not just going after Will... the drug lord guy is at the back of it...writers went to pains to show that, and in the epi when PEter says to grace ..sometimes you have to do the right thing..or it is hard to know what to do...in his mind he rationalized it...I don't think Peter is totally the bad guy on this one.... but a part of him is not unhappy that Will is being investigated... from something said in epi one, think he feels Will has gotten away with things...

thanks Carla..just saw your posts...think you are right on...Peter was caught in a bit of a no-win no matter what pple think...this show is never black and white about people's motivations anyways...

But to me I do not love the storyline not just bec of W/P , but bec to me the outcome seems obvious and boring( although i do like W/P scenes!)...

Last edited by tvdramafan; 11-21-2011 at 10:29 AM
Old 11-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Total Fan

Good episode, but I have one major complaint: Eli taking too much of the time from other storylines and the general direction of his character. He was always on of my faves, even when many people started to complain in S2. But now everything about him is just so boring, I sit and wait for his scenes to end. Only the one scene with Diane redeemed it a little. I hope the writers will finally realize that the show within the show just doesn't work...

Other thoughts:
- Alicia - Jackie showdown was golden
- Too bad almost everything concerning the investigation into Will was revealed in the promo, but still it was the best part of the ep. But come to think of it, Will is so screwed. He and Diane may think that it's all about Alicia, but it's not. So even if he decided to end things with A then what? He goes to Peter and says "I'm no longer sleeping with your wife, so we're cool, right? You can end the investigation". Will has more troubles coming on both fronts I'm afraid He just doesn't have all the information we have.
- I loved seeing Captain Hicks and the Judge again. Her interactions with Will wasn't as hilarious as before, but still... "Are there any other judges in the military?" Oh Will The case itself was so-so, but the judge was right at the end.
- I can't believe it, but the kids are way less annoying than in S2
- The way Wendy Scott-Carr speaks just bugs me, ugh