Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-31-2010, 03:52 PM
New Fan

[QUOTE=Kiki17;51611712]Wow new voices and new members NICE!! Welcome

Thanks for the warm welcome! Being new and not very familiar with the forum format, will there be a new thread started after each episode of TGW? I hope so!

I know this scene does not figure in the storyline (or maybe it does?), but what the heck was that "Moo Cow" play all about?! LOL!! I just finished digesting the whole poetry woman "Ah-whoo-ah", "Ka-choom, Ka-choom" and then they throw in the cow play.
Sorry for taking the whole conversation to a weird tangent - but if we're dissecting the episode, might as well throw in this scene as well.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenGW (View Post)
Being new and not very familiar with the forum format, will there be a new thread started after each episode of TGW? I hope so!
Yes there will be a new thread for every new episode the thread usually is posted 1 or 2 days before the episode airs

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-31-2010, 04:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
but then it backfired when Diane conscience set in
Damn conscience!

Quote:
Being new and not very familiar with the forum format, will there be a new thread started after each episode of TGW? I hope so!
You can find a complete guide to our active threads here in the first post
http://www.fanforum.com/f108/good-wi...oard-62968241/
Don't hesitate to ask questions to me or Det.Logan (Laila) if you need any help and you can post your thoughts on previous episodes as well, we love to revisit the oldies

Quote:
I know this scene does not figure in the storyline (or maybe it does?), but what the heck was that "Moo Cow" play all about?! LOL!! I just finished digesting the whole poetry woman "Ah-whoo-ah", "Ka-choom, Ka-choom" and then they throw in the cow play. Sorry for taking the whole conversation to a weird tangent - but if we're dissecting the episode, might as well throw in this scene as well.
no stone is better left unturned on this board so discuss away!
I thought they wanted to show how weird the "entertainment" usually is at these events. You'd think a simple string quartet would do the trick but it's not high brow enough I guess

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-31-2010, 04:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
Yes there will be a new thread for every new episode the thread usually is posted 1 or 2 days before the episode airs

Yes a big welcome to all the new members of the forum

Don't worry LauraGW we kind of like weird tangents
Old 10-31-2010, 05:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Don't worry LauraGW we kind of like weird tangents

Old 10-31-2010, 07:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
It's a problem the writers have sometimes inflating Alicia's powers a little. No matter how good her relationship is with the partners (that nobody from the outside really knows about), she's just a second year associate. She shouldn't be able to influence anyone in the decision making. Also if Peter successfully convinced Alicia and the firm to drop it, there are others in Chicago who could take it, without qualm over the political issues.
Alicia could influence Lara. Lara is her client, Lara specifically requested her and she's the one spending the most time with her. She could influence her to drop the case. She couldn't make the partners not take the case but if she was extremely reticent about the chances of success, played up the negatives and issues with Lara, and made Lara reluctant, since they were already not sure it could push them more the other way. Combine Alicia putting pressure as the attorney on the case and Lara's hand-holder, Eli putting pressure as a big client and Peter putting political pressure, they could believably get LGB to drop it. From LGB Lara was going to the other firm who had already agreed to take the case and bury it. From there it's gone.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Alicia could influence Lara. Lara is her client, Lara specifically requested her and she's the one spending the most time with her
I agree but Kent's lawyer doesn't know that. So how does he make the assumption that Peter who is married to a second year associate can get the case dropped?

Old 10-31-2010, 08:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I agree but Kent's lawyer doesn't know that. So how does he make the assumption that Peter who is married to a second year associate can get the case dropped?
It doesn't matter to them about Alicia's position. Everyone's now assuming that LGB is backing Peter Florrik and that they are now Peter's lawyers. It's a common misconception when you're tied to someone with power. Alicia is still Mrs. Peter Florrick to the general public, so they assume she has a lot more power than she actually does.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Everyone's now assuming that LGB is backing Peter Florrik and that they are now Peter's lawyers
You could be right, Marie. I didn't think of it that way. Childs certainly assumed that's what was going on and the fact Peter and Alicia were at the Partners' table at the gala probably reinforced that idea.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Supreme Fan

Welcome to the new members and speaking personally, I'm a big fan of weird angles. There is nothing, and I mean nothing, from the show (and you can ask everyone on the board) that I don't like to analyze in details
Old 11-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalinda Smith (View Post)
I mean nothing, from the show (and you can ask everyone on the board) that I don't like to analyze in details
yup trust me, believe her, everything from how Kalinda swings the bat to the juice box flavor she likes to drink

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Supreme Fan

I am partial to Kalinda and I'm detail oriented but the whole show gets the same treatment
Old 07-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The VIP massage therapist accused someone of assault. and the peter storyline.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:29 AM
Addicted Fan

I thought Peter was flirting with Will's girlfriend, what good did not happen.

The support that the pervert is giving to him now can bring it down in the future.

Blake is trying dribble Kalinda with the help of Diane.