Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-27-2010, 11:12 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det.Logan (View Post)
Me too, he was struggling to do something right, at least partially right. He was always in between the old habits still hanging and the new men he would like to be. I was happy to see him telling the lawyer to go f* and then putting the phone back into the purse.
I'm totally rooting for Team Peter at the moment! At least, he's behaving like a mature person.

Quote:
Wendy made me cringe a bit, that smile remind me a serial killer before the slaughter but it was refreshing to see Peter interacting with another woman without any double-entendre.
She has a great smile! A bit of a Chershire cat at times, but I like her!
Old 10-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdimmick (View Post)
Who else thought it's super cute that Alicia saved the voicemail!!?!
I did . though I did not find the episode cute at all. About Will&Tammy... I dunno... I have such mixed feelings. On one side, I was glad watching him moving on. I was so sad about him last four epis, it was a very difficult time for him and I was glad about him having fun and relax and aimed at some serious relations.

On the other side, I did not like Tammy at all: first she reveals Will's secret to the folks at the table, then shares her personal information to Peter whom she barely knows, hate such people.

And it was Alicia's turn to be really unhappy about what was going on. It was sad but fair.

What else I did not like about the epi - is chaotic teleportations of partners and Alicia from gala to the office and back. Let's see: first, they altogether are at the gala, then Alicia left for office, then rerurned to pick the partners and bring them to L&G, then Will returns to gala to meet and fight that lawyer, then again returns to L&G, then all of them except for Diana go to gala to talk to Cary(Why on earth they wanted to talk to Cary?), then Derek and Alicia go back to l&g, Will's left her g/f and joined them at the firm.

What was the point of all this crazy commuting between gala and office?

Last edited by kozik; 10-27-2010 at 02:17 PM
Old 10-27-2010, 05:06 PM
New Fan

can we discuss how disappointing Eli's character is being written this season?!?!?

where is the guy who was so smart, the know-it-all in political terms, the guy who was able to find the beeping noise in the dishwasher...i feel like he's been drawing straws lately. That he's got no political sense, that he freaks about everything...where is the calm, collected character?

I felt like he acted weirdly in this episode and for that matter the brother episode as well.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
can we discuss how disappointing Eli's character is being written this season?!?!?

where is the guy who was so smart, the know-it-all in political terms, the guy who was able to find the beeping noise in the dishwasher...i feel like he's been drawing straws lately. That he's got no political sense, that he freaks about everything...where is the calm, collected character?

I felt like he acted weirdly in this episode and for that matter the brother episode as well.
You have a point... it is like he shifted gears a bit. I thought he was eli in the scene with lobbyist who was invited to dinner... but for sure he has been off his game, and I wonder why they are doing that... he is not as clever funny, more hapless funny. I also wonder when there will be a repris with Jackie/the kids?
Old 10-27-2010, 05:32 PM
Elite Fan

Yea is a real shame how off his game Eli has been, I thought they were going to make him a bit better. But its already been like 5 episodes We will see how things progress.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I restrained myself to comment this morning right after watching it because I didn't want to be the usual spoilsport but I'm sadly glad to be in good company (not to mention the not-so-enthusiastic comments on other boards too..).
Laila, what did we say about that? Express yourself!
Yeah I wasn't surprised to see the episode bombed with a lot of people. There wasn't much coming out of it. What little characterization there was (when there could have been so much) felt off.

Quote:
I liked the idea of having Diane question her own ideals, but they could have done more with it. I really don't know what didn't convince me, but something was off.
This! I totally agree. She started off somewhat unreasonably stubborn, completely discarding the possibility on principle (that would have been more credible if she had known the guy maybe) and then seemingly with no reason, she just changed her mind. Will made a joke out of it but it really only stressed that it made no sense.

Quote:
What I'm confused and grumpy about is the nauseating Will/Tammy PDA on the dance floor
I liked the first part of the episode with Tammy better than last time but that dance was just ridiculous beyond belief. I don't care so much about Tammy, we don't know her, she won't stay long so if they botch her characterization, who cares? But Will deserves more than that. To think they eliminated Giada because she was too young for him and other nonsense and we get that instead is a little laughable really.

Quote:
Wendy made me cringe a bit, that smile remind me a serial killer before the slaughter but it was refreshing to see Peter interacting with another woman without any double-entendre.
I think that was the best part of the episode for me. Wendy is starting to scare me a little but it was a very good scene, with great dialogs and a flawless dynamic. Both actors were really in it. It was a pleasure to watch in an otherwise flat and even strange episode.

Don't even get me started on Eli. What's with him? If they wanted something naive who acts like he has no idea what's going on and when he's being played, they should have kept Shiksa Bambi on instead.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Where is the guy who was so smart, the know-it-all in political terms, the guy who was able to find the beeping noise in the dishwasher...i feel like he's been drawing straws lately. That he's got no political sense, that he freaks about everything...where is the calm, collected character?

So agree. I was flabberghasted when he seemed so shocked by Peter's reveal that Kemp was playing them. How could Eli of all people not realize this? I guess you could say the Wendy reveal threw him off his game, but you're right, he's been off all season. I'm convinced that the Kings are totally confused on how to write the election--maybe intimidated by all the ins and outs of Illinois politics and elections, don't know how to pace it, I have no idea--and hence the entire plot is just flailing. I even thought they dropped the ball with the Wendy reveal. So much build up, then it just got lost in the soap opera of Will, Alica and Peter.

And excuse me but WHERE THE HECK DID GLENN GO? Was he just fine with Wendy announcing? I would even would have taken another pick with Chris and Titus' body double, at least to complete the plot set in motion last week. (And how dare they promise me Titus on the press release then deny me his sweet blue eyes!? Blasphemy!)

I thought Eli had deleted the message from Will, hence I was shocked Peter found it, and could still listen to it. If it was so easy for Peter to find on Alicia's phone, then why hasn't Alicia found it yet herself?

I found the case endlessly interesting, the politics of it all, but I agree, it was a bit cold. The drama last night came from the plot more than the characters. Not that that's bad, but I can see that on any procedural show. I missed the spark of the characters.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana Banana (View Post)

I thought Eli had deleted the message from Will, hence I was shocked Peter found it, and could still listen to it. If it was so easy for Peter to find on Alicia's phone, then why hasn't Alicia found it yet herself? .
Eli only deleted the second message, he left the first one

Quote:
I found the case endlessly interesting, the politics of it all, but I agree, it was a bit cold. The drama last night came from the plot more than the characters. Not that that's bad, but I can see that on any procedural show. I missed the spark of the characters
Yea I can see why a lot of people did not like it. But I just adored the politics of it all indeed

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-27-2010, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And excuse me but WHERE THE HECK DID GLENN GO? Was he just fine with Wendy announcing? I would even would have taken another pick with Chris and Titus' body double, at least to complete the plot set in motion last week
I agree. That was just too weird. They should just have made something up for him not be at the gala, which would have been weird enough, but him "being there" and not even getting a *gulp* reaction shot when Wendy announced? And not even being seen in the background while Peter was trying to make his move with Wendy? That was just bad production.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
That was just bad production.
Indeed Even Cary was there.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-27-2010, 07:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Well what can I say about V.I.P Treatment - I liked the episode well enough but also felt that there was something slightly off about it. It wasn't very balanced or something, seemed choppy and at times a little monotomous.

Thought Lara ( the massage Therapist ) was a really interesting character / Well written and quite effective. At first I felt OMG what an abrasive and rather abrupt individual but then I realized that they had done this intentionally. They wanted us to doubt her story, to dislike her in a sense. But as the episode progressed I warmed to her and slowly realized that she was in fact telling the truth. A sad ending for the poor girl.

The case it itself was also pretty interesting and realisitc but the whole tearing it apart at the Late Night Office Session dragged on a bit too long. I found myself getting bored. They probably could have chopped at least 5 minutes of this stuff and used it to more effect elsewhere in the episode.

Did like seeing more of Diane and found her moral dilemma to be one of the highlights of the episode. It was nice to see CB so utilized I think she's a great actress and I really enjoy the character.

Also rather hyped to see Diane and Will getting into it a few times. Always really GREAT character dymanics btwn. these two.

Derrick was just there again, hiding in the shadows all subversive like ( I know I few others have said that as well lol ) I really think this dude has an agenda up his sleeve. Time will tell I guess.

Not enough Kalinda / But I guess after last week she was tired and worn out

Officially can't stand Blake ( sorry to any Blake fans out and about ) - I just think the guy is a creep. Something really harsh about him. Also wreaking the girl's apartment and robbing her to boot - Just awful!! - Hey where is Kalinda when we need her - Get him Kalinda, Get him

I think she was a great plot turn but must admit that Wendy Scott-Carr just freaks me out - I think she's evil . All syrupy sweet when she is trying to butter up an audience, but just as cut throat and ruthless as her running mates.

Speaking off which I adored absolutely every scene with Peter last night. His discussion with Tammy, Meetings wtih WSC and Kent's icky lawyer, his moral quandry with Alicia's phone, the scenes with Eli. All of it was just fantastic. What a tour de force performance for CN. BRAVO.

Did have a few pet peeves with the episode though.

What was up with the fist fight, and the making out on the dance floor - All a little odd and out of character IMO / Isn't that the kind of think Zach might do OR at least a kid his age lol!!

Like many I'm getting slightly annoyed at the direction with Eli ( a character I adore ) but lately he's really make a mess of things. It seems that Peter is infinitely more saavy than his Campaign manager . With the way Eli's been handling himself lately I think Peter would be better off getting Grace to run his campaign

Why no Glen ( after his great scene last week ) /Also I miss Grandma Jackie and the Kids

Didn't mind Will's new Gal ( Tammy ) - They have a nice chemistry together, She seems pretty humourous and spunky. But they are writing her a wee bit too juvenille at the moment - Hope it get's better I think she has some potential.

Sorry for writing a book

Last edited by GoodWifeObsessed; 10-27-2010 at 07:13 PM
Old 10-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
All syrupy sweet when she is trying to butter up an audience, but just as cut throat and ruthless as her running mates.
I loved that!

Quote:
She seems pretty humourous and spunky. But they are writing her a wee bit too juvenille at the moment - Hope it get's better I think she has some potential.
I liked the first part but it's true that she went back to the highschool cheerleader type in that last scene.

Quote:
Sorry for writing a book
Never ever apologize for that. I'm a sucker for long posts!

Old 10-27-2010, 07:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I loved that! .
Yup Wendy Scott-Carr is a great character addition - She just REALLY TERRIFIES ME ( in the best of ways of course ) / Peter watch your back darling

Quote:
I liked the first part but it's true that she went back to the highschool cheerleader type in that last scene
What did you think of the scene where Tammy took Peter's cake - Kinda random huh / She's a sugar loving,politic hating,make-out queen
Please writers try to do better by poor Tammy. She actually had some pretty good chemistry going there with Josh. With the right touch she could be interesting.

Quote:
Never ever apologize for that. I'm a sucker for long posts!
Okay Carla - No apologies - Even when my posts tend towards the incoherent,sleep deprived,over caffinated variety

Oh forgot to mention I loved the Steppenwolf Cow Play - There didn't seem to be a COW smilie - So I grabbed the Viking instead

Last edited by GoodWifeObsessed; 10-27-2010 at 08:10 PM
Old 10-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Agree with your point.
Eli seems not to be as smart as the S1 when he appeared at the show.
He becomes funny in S2. He should be the guy who control everything. Why did the writer portray Eli like that?

I have some questions about Tammy/Will.
when they were dancing , Tammy said" I'll stay with you
as long as it's fun.As soon as you fall in
love with me, it's over." what did she mean ? did she fall for Will?
How long are they together? maybe before another reporter in 202 who has ONS with will.

Last edited by Gelfling; 10-27-2010 at 08:50 PM Reason: Please edit your message instead of double posting ;)
Old 10-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh forgot to mention I loved the Steppenwolf Cow Play - There didn't seem to be a COW smilie - So I grabbed the Viking instead
well done

Quote:
What did you think of the scene where Tammy took Peter's cake - Kinda random huh
It was! but at least she didn't act like a 14 year old... only a sugar junkie and I can respect that

Quote:
She actually had some pretty good chemistry going there with Josh. With the right touch she could be interesting.
I totally agree. Her characterization was uneven. I liked the first scene (in this week's episode not last week's ). The cake scene felt a little forced with the loaded love talk... who would discuss love with a complete stranger?
And the last scene... well....