Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozik (View Post)
No Reviews? No opinions on the epi?
I am tired and will leave it to the others...Overall I did think it was another great episode...as usual it moved really quickly. The producers are doing a great job of having the show be a formula but not quite... there is a case every week, but sometimes in the courtroom , sometimes not. This keeps the show fresh .

Sadly I don't think the deleted message will come out for a while yet, I personally hope the sooner the better.

I hope Peter does ask Alicia about the texts... he doesn't even have to mention them; Tammy dropped a big enough hint to make him nervous...he could/should ask her outright...but I won't hold my breath.At the end of the day, this is a drama, and I have figured out too much talk leads to resolution of issues, and we can't have that !LOL.. at least too soon.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Weeell... this was by far the worst episode so far.

When after 45 minutes they weren't sure if they would take the case or not, the answer got a little obvious. I kinda liked the victim because she was so random and her situation looked desperate. And sure, the story was very realistic but it just wasn't entertaining.

The characters were underused... I don't even know how to explain this episode, how 1 hour got by without anything happening ?! The whole thing felt just like the wtf show at the reception they were attending. Dragging on and on.

Unnecessary violence was unnecessary... I mean a fist fight being a turn on? Really? So yeah, I think she's pretty dumb, not only that line but her attitude all night long. The Will/Tammy seems very high school romance.

Cary... ugh....
Alicia was a little boring
Kalinda didn't really feel like Kalinda
Peter was blah too, the big deal about how he is conflicted between his political aspirations and his wife's work and how he's supporting her is getting old. We get it.
Derek- I have the feeling he was there a lot in the episode but he was pretty forgettable.
Diane was okay

Basically when Blake is the most interesting thing in the episode, something's wrong. I'm not sure if they were trying to make his investigation of the victim's house like a robbing but I don't think it was necessary to *insert appropriate word here* her apartment. It makes me dislike him even more. However I thought it was interesting that he felt left out and how he practically begged Diane to use him. Maybe he fears for his job and that's why he's been such a douche bag to Kalinda. Also, why did Derek even call him if it was to tell him he didn't need him?

So yeah, this is a big let down from last week.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

Well not really know where to start Again so much happened

-Case was intriguing as always, so many lies/truth. Who is saying the truth who is lying? Half the time I was going back and forward No court, which was weird. But good case indeed. I loved how the politics affect everything, the influence of them taking the case or not. So many conflicting evidence, nicely done. Cannot believe at the end she just backed out, but I guess I can understand where she was coming from, after all she was there for four hours and saw all that was happening. Is upsetting sometimes to see how a guilty man can go free because of the politics.

-Diane/Will dynamic amazing as always Will got some very good points in and he was right on calling Diane out of some of the inconsistencies in a way. But it was great to see Diane so conflict, you can see her Democratic loyalties here RIPPING her apart, she was not able to see clearly at first because of her ideologies. However at the end she did make the right decision, and was willing to risk her ideologies for the truth Those two had some really great lines Loved that line by Diane "Take it as a first, in a long line of hard questions" she was right to be cautious but glad she made the decision in the end.

-Will, I am so glad he hit that lawyer guy that guy was pissing me off, Will was totally right to hit him. Could you believe that jerkoff poking Will in the back, I would have kicked his assed the first time he touched me. I loved Will's move during the fight

-And to keep Will in mind, I actually did not really mind Tammy last week. And I kind of liked her even more this week. Tammy/Will were actually kind of cute (and what was that song in the background, pretty romantic if you as me ) She kept teasing him about she likes him when he is fun and not so serious. I liked the playful ness about them, watching the Bulls game I do not know, I know some people do not like her, but Will seems to really like her

-So about Tammy saying that Will was in love with someone in GT. It did not seem to me she was doing that in a devilish way? Does she know it was Alicia who will was in love with? Cause I got the feeling she was just talking?

- So about that love thing. Well well well, that scene when she says the love thing, really made me want to hug Peter. He tells her that he believes people can fall out of love and then love somebody else you can tell he was thinking if she felt this way. It was like his heart was breaking because he knew who Will was in love with but was wondering if his wife was too. And then he sees that she saved that message from Will, he was getting all this messages. And you can tell he was so scared. You can see it in his face all the thoughts going through his head. So then when he sends that first text it was like instant for him to look at it, not great but I do not think it was pre-mediated. But then he listen to the voicemail which was not right however he did not do it out malicious, but out of fear of losing her ( and yes I know is his fault but still felt bad for him) But he never got to finish listening to it. Then he did the right thing by putting her phone back without listening it too it Good job Peter

-Also good job by Peter turning down that Kent lawyer that wanted Alicia's firm to drop the case. Thanks for standing up for your wife That whole Kent wanting to endorse Peter was annoying but great because thats politics for you, incredible the things people will do when desperate that guy Kent is an ******* and then endorsing Peter after he told him now. And Eli, I hate to say this but he was off his game agian, come on Eli, of course he wants to tight himself to Peter (damn I really thought by now Eli will be more on his game )

-Saw a different side of Cary, glad he did that I really enjoyed that he was trying to do the right thing (Alicia was cautious as she should be given that he has just deposed her a few days earlier)

-Not much of Alicia today besides the staring but she was still there getting those clients.
-Not much of Kalinda either but hey her investigation skills are always needed
-Blake gets a masseuse Why was he trashing the house?? weird. Diane asked for his assistant, interesting
-Wendy and her speech and the fountains. Not a dumb cookie at all Nice scene between her and Peter But she mentioned Legacy in the SA office? is she impying Peter had legacy?

That ending was intense

A lot more happened but this post is already to long So I guess tomorrow I can go into individual threads

Next Week: Is that Lily Taylor and MJF I see!!!!!

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
Well not really know where to start Again so much happened

-Case was intriguing as always, so many lies/truth. Who is saying the truth who is lying? Half the time I was going back and forward No court, which was weird. But good case indeed. I loved how the politics affect everything, the influence of them taking the case or not. So many conflicting evidence, nicely done. Cannot believe at the end she just backed out, but I guess I can understand where she was coming from, after all she was there for four hours and saw all that was happening. Is upsetting sometimes to see how a guilty man can go free because of the politics.

-Diane/Will dynamic amazing as always Will got some very good points in and he was right on calling Diane out of some of the inconsistencies in a way. But it was great to see Diane so conflict, you can see her Democratic loyalties here RIPPING her apart, she was not able to see clearly at first because of her ideologies. However at the end she did make the right decision, and was willing to risk her ideologies for the truth Those two had some really great lines Loved that line by Diane "Take it as a first, in a long line of hard questions" she was right to be cautious but glad she made the decision in the end.

-Will, I am so glad he hit that lawyer guy that guy was pissing me off, Will was totally right to hit him. Could you believe that jerkoff poking Will in the back, I would have kicked his assed the first time he touched me. I loved Will's move during the fight

-And to keep Will in mind, I actually did not really mind Tammy last week. And I kind of liked her even more this week. Tammy/Will were actually kind of cute (and what was that song in the background, pretty romantic if you as me ) She kept teasing him about she likes him when he is fun and not so serious. I liked the playful ness about them, watching the Bulls game I do not know, I know some people do not like her, but Will seems to really like her

-So about Tammy saying that Will was in love with someone in GT. It did not seem to me she was doing that in a devilish way? Does she know it was Alicia who will was in love with? Cause I got the feeling she was just talking?

- So about that love thing. Well well well, that scene when she says the love thing, really made me want to hug Peter. He tells her that he believes people can fall out of love and then love somebody else you can tell he was thinking if she felt this way. It was like his heart was breaking because he knew who Will was in love with but was wondering if his wife was too. And then he sees that she saved that message from Will, he was getting all this messages. And you can tell he was so scared. You can see it in his face all the thoughts going through his head. So then when he sends that first text it was like instant for him to look at it, not great but I do not think it was pre-mediated. But then he listen to the voicemail which was not right however he did not do it out malicious, but out of fear of losing her ( and yes I know is his fault but still felt bad for him) But he never got to finish listening to it. Then he did the right thing by putting her phone back without listening it too it Good job Peter

-Also good job by Peter turning down that Kent lawyer that wanted Alicia's firm to drop the case. Thanks for standing up for your wife That whole Kent wanting to endorse Peter was annoying but great because thats politics for you, incredible the things people will do when desperate that guy Kent is an ******* and then endorsing Peter after he told him now. And Eli, I hate to say this but he was off his game agian, come on Eli, of course he wants to tight himself to Peter (damn I really thought by now Eli will be more on his game )

-Saw a different side of Cary, glad he did that I really enjoyed that he was trying to do the right thing (Alicia was cautious as she should be given that he has just deposed her a few days earlier)

-Not much of Alicia today besides the staring but she was still there getting those clients.
-Not much of Kalinda either but hey her investigation skills are always needed
-Blake gets a masseuse Why was he trashing the house?? weird. Diane asked for his assistant, interesting
-Wendy and her speech and the fountains. Not a dumb cookie at all Nice scene between her and Peter But she mentioned Legacy in the SA office? is she impying Peter had legacy?

That ending was intense

A lot more happened but this post is already to long So I guess tomorrow I can go into individual threads

Next Week: Is that Lily Taylor and MJF I see!!!!!

Great recap Kiki - sounds like a really good episode.

I won't be able to post my thoughts on it until late - Probably not until tomorrow night.

I still haven't seen the epie - an hour and 10 minutes more before it airs in my neck of the woods.

Off to give Peter a virtual hug in the A/P thread
Old 10-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Alicia, never let your phone out of your hands! What are you thinking?
Old 10-26-2010, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sorry to say I agree
I wasn't excited and then the preview got me into it and now... this. I don't know. They either tried too much or not enough. It was a constant back and forth with no real tension. A lot of dialog with very little substance. And a very convenient end.

Oh the opportunities missed between the three partners. I thought there would be tension there at least. Nope. They each sided on one side of the issue or the other in turn.

Well, that's just one episode. I must say after last week's, it feels like a letdown.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-26-2010, 09:38 PM
New Fan

thought that this was a fantastic episode!!

i see no ulterior motive with Tammy. It doesn't appear as though she knows any back story regarding Will and Alicia. i don't think she was tailoring what she was saying to Peter based on things she knows, simply because of the fact that she doesn't really know anything. Except maybe that Will has been reacting differently lately, that he is more serious....which to me is a bit true and we all know why that is...

After their dance scene, it appears definitely to me that Will is ready for some seriousness...maybe he wants a family, something more than just work. Tammy, of course, doesn't appear to want more, but i think it's less about what she wants and more about what Will wants that is important for the viewer.

Some weird things that I thought were unnecessary were the Blake messing up the apartment scenes...wtf!?! The fight b/w Will and that lawyer....weird and random!

Best part i thought was Peter realizing that it may not be all blue skies b/w him and Alicia.

Super good episode...kinda get the feeling that the next couple of episodes are going to be filler episodes that don't really get anything done...and I mean that in the sense that nothing is likely to progress b/w Will and Alicia, which let's face it, is my goal!!

Who else thought it's super cute that Alicia saved the voicemail!!?!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
kinda get the feeling that the next couple of episodes are going to be filler episodes that don't really get anything done...and I mean that in the sense that nothing is likely to progress b/w Will and Alicia, which let's face it, is my goal!!
Well as long as they further other stories, I want fillers!

First time I was truly bored since Heart. It's just an episode so I'm not killing myself just yet but I was hoping for more on the partners side too. And Diane didn't make any sense in that episode.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:56 PM
Loyal Fan

I thought it was very thought-provoking, well written and well acted if a tad boring. I appreciated it but didn't particularly enjoy it as much as I normally do. It felt like all the energy was coming from the plot rather than the characters so it was interesting intellectually but not emotionally. Alicia was also barely in it. I mean, I love the partners, I do, but now I know why this show isn't normally all about them if this is the result of an ep basically all about them.

I'll have more thoughts later. I definitely need to watch this one again.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
It felt like all the energy was coming from the plot rather than the characters so it was interesting intellectually but not emotionally
I agree. It lacked characterization in the worse way.

Quote:
I love the partners, I do, but now I know why this show isn't normally all about them if this is the result of an ep basically all about them
But it wasn't even really about them. This should have been an episode of great magnitude for Diane and Will, and maybe Derrick. And instead they went back and forth on a story that lacked emotional involvement. Diane just flopped from one side she was stubbornly sticking with to the other, just by magic because we were past 30 mn into the episode.
Will talked money and then he argued for the victim.
Derrick was nowhere as usual.

I don't know. It could have been brimming with tension and intra-office politics in addition to big time politics and it was neither.

Plus someone explain to me what the deal was with Will playing Muhammad Ali? Was that supposed to be sexy? I don't know why he went off like that.

On the flip side, I actually liked Tammy a little more this week. Except for the idiotic dance scene where she was regressed to her high school behavior again.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Sorry to say I agree Well, that's just one episode. I must say after last week's, it feels like a letdown.
and

Quote:
I restrained myself to comment this morning right after watching it because I didn't want to be the usual spoilsport but I'm sadly glad to be in good company (not to mention the not-so-enthusiastic comments on other boards too..).
I'm very disappointed, partly because all the spoilers and comments we read was a bad case of hyper-hype and partly because I was bored (not even angry) by the case, the character and by the - as Carla said - very convenient end.
I admit I have a very high expectation and I cannot be satisfied with less but there has yet to be an episode which really lived up to the potential of the first season and I'm not sure of the direction taken. This show is like a bird that is scared to fly, there is something that is holding it down.

Now there is break, I remember last season, I was so pissed-off for interrupting the story, now it's just ok.

I really envy those of you who found this episode great
Old 10-27-2010, 06:58 AM
Extreme Fan

It is interesting to read the comments( and I haven't hit the reviews yet).
During the epi I enjoyed the case , and I did find it stimulating and thoughtful...very real life.But the resolution was very convenient after they set up all the potential ramifications (including for Peter).

Overall though, on reflection , the gala, was boing ( like the gala itself!). And while they make the epis move quickly, this one seemed choppier than usual to me. I liked Tammy better but I still think she acted really immaturely ...I know Alicia was "stepping back " in this epi, but it just didn't work for me. Thought it was interesting that they brought the personal into the case ( her convo with the girl at the end).

Derrick... still too quiet and he is just not coming off the page...maybe they wanted him quiet as a foil to will and peter and blake, but he just fades too much into the background.and I am still waiting for the mentoring.

Not one of the best epis, but still better than most network TV dramas now on...
Old 10-27-2010, 08:34 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Sorry to say I agree
I wasn't excited and then the preview got me into it and now... this. I don't know. They either tried too much or not enough. It was a constant back and forth with no real tension. A lot of dialog with very little substance. And a very convenient end.

Oh the opportunities missed between the three partners. I thought there would be tension there at least. Nope. They each sided on one side of the issue or the other in turn.

Well, that's just one episode. I must say after last week's, it feels like a letdown.
I was trying to decide which part I wanted to quote, but I'm quoting you verbatim.
I just watched the episode and it left me indifferent. And that's the worst thing that could happen here. I had some expectations, but the episode was a disappointment.

First of all, why 7x04 and 7x05 could be considered a two-parter episode? Just because of the time continuity? That doesn't make a two-parter episode. It would have been if there had been something in common, but the only thing in common was the party.
That said, let's get into things in particular.

-I so wanted a fight between the partners, a real fight. I wanted to see them finally get their issues on the table, but they just went back and forth changing their minds. Sure, there was something like Will saying he and Diane were finally agreeing on something, but that wasn't enough.

-Alicia has still too much influence.

-I expected something more from Kalinda. Somehow, Squiddy was a better detective this time (and this really worries me! ). Even though he was so slimey with Diane. Brrrr!

-Will really bothered me. First with the fist fight and then with Tammy. He's behaving like a 16 years old. It was pretty clear that bastard of a lawyer was just looking for something like that and he couldn't really take a hold of his nerves. And then making out on the dance floor? Seriously? What's that? The prom?

-I liked the idea of having Diane question her own ideals, but they could have done more with it. I really don't know what didn't convince me, but something was off. Totally OT, but I adored her shoes. Not really the best one for that dress, but they were great!

-I really liked Peter. Eli is more and more naive. But Peter is getting better and better both on the political front and on the personal one.

-The ending was too predicatable.

-The Steppenwolf Theatre during the party. Now I understand they're in Chicago (and half on the guest stars are really part of it), but would they really do something like that thing with the cow?
Old 10-27-2010, 09:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det.Logan (View Post)
and

I really envy those of you who found this episode great

I thought the ep was sub-par compared to the earlier ones but I liked some things about it...... the complex weaving together of the case, the firm's vulnerability in taking it on, and Peter's campaign. Also good were the conversation about love between Peter and Tammy and how that was linked with Peter's poking around in Alicia's phone.

What I'm confused and grumpy about is the nauseating Will/Tammy PDA on the dance floor. I feel that the writers are messing with Will's character motivation so as to make him incomprehensible. I mean... has he fallen in love with this woman so soon after 'losing' Alicia? Doesn't seem realistic. Shouldn't he be feeling wounded a while longer? Sure, he wants and needs women in his life but what's going on here? Tammy may be a perfectly lovely human being; I just don't get Will being smitten by her, given his very recent history. Can someone help me make sense of this?
Old 10-27-2010, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I thought the ep was sub-par compared to the earlier ones but I liked some things about it
Yeah, I like something but as Ellie put it, I was indifferent/bored for the most part and that's an awful feeling.

Quote:
has he fallen in love with this woman so soon after 'losing' Alicia? Doesn't seem realistic. Shouldn't he be feeling wounded a while longer?
No, he is not in love with Tammy. He is having fun, trying to move on, you need to start sooner or later and Will doesn't seem to be the guy who mourns for too long. I believe they like each other, Tammy is aware he has feelings for someone else but she is also aware that now he is there with her. Don't make plan for tomorrow, live the moment and then we'll see. I kinda like them together but making out on the dance floor is a bit dishartening (not to mention the fist-fight). I don't know if this is the real Will or just a in-transition Will and I'm not even sure of the direction the Kings want for him/them.

Quote:
Alicia has still too much influence
For a second year associate, yes. But that goes together with the winning stike and the convenient end. Recurring off-key note.

Quote:
But Peter is getting better and better both on the political front and on the personal one.
Me too, he was struggling to do something right, at least partially right. He was always in between the old habits still hanging and the new men he would like to be. I was happy to see him telling the lawyer to go f* and then putting the phone back into the purse.

Wendy made me cringe a bit, that smile remind me a serial killer before the slaughter but it was refreshing to see Peter interacting with another woman without any double-entendre.